** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Premier League Predictions > Dec 14th - 16th

Southampton vs West Ham

The Premier League relegation battle could take a huge twist this weekend when two struggling sides go head-to-head. It's Southampton versus West Ham in a 5:30pm GMT kick-off at St Mary's Stadium this Saturday evening. Only 1 point separates these two sides and defeat could be a devastating blow for their survival hopes even at this middle stage of the season.

Southampton sit in 18th place in the league table. Ralph Hasenhuttl's men are on the road to recovery after the humiliating record-breaking 9-0 loss at home to Leicester a couple of months back. Just 1 loss in their last 4 league games suggests form is improving. In perhaps the bigger morale-boosting statistic, the Saints have won back-to-back home matches in the league ending a torrid spell of results at home.

West Ham suffered yet another defeat against Arsenal at home last Monday night. Manuel Pellegrini's job is now seemingly under review with the club dropping to 16th place in the table and just 1 point above the relegation zone. Having started the season in superb form with just 1 defeat in their opening 7 matches, things have become a little more barren over recent months. The Hammers now have just 1 win in their last 10 league games. The hope for their fans is that the solitary win during that spell came away from home in a 1-0 victory over Chelsea.

I've backed Southampton to win against the odds a couple of times over the past year and they haven't let me down. I still feel that they have a quality head coach in Hasenhuttl and if they stick with him they should stay up. There are worse teams in this league and with the right additions in January they can survive. West Ham is a strange one. They should be doing better. Is Pellegrini the problem? At the start of the season, I thought he was the answer. Something is broken in that club right now and I can't see it getting fixed here.

Southampton to Win @ 1.97 with Marathonbet

Total Goals Scored Over 2.5 @ 1.67 with William Hill

@Mindfulness, @Pep004, @MaliMisko12, @betcatalog, @sajtion, @godofhorses, @Tiffy, @waynecoyne, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @Duke_Tm, @dogmeister, @Arkadi Manucharov, @derbent, @fat, @allyhibs, @6avin24, @discipline, @the bastardian, @Bronxie, @Bett@KikoCy, @teddybear3011, @markus808, @allthethings, @Kenton Schweppes, @vasilli07, @Dylan Lynch, @neilovan, @JKos, @zemo91, @kulikTS, @mrclubbie, @Judeksi, @Henind666, @Teodore, @kilkenny1, @newjack, @PokerWolf1, @Dave1X2, @real55555, @jazzman02, @Ameer13, @Gedkip, @mcsilks, @MangoTheThird, @Roy The Boy, @DonPaulo, @Duckets, @yossa6133, @sjuesju, @dylanphan, @thfc, @Dboston, @Dr. Florida192, @money44, @1moregoal, @ggm31v, @EuroDream, @ndanmak, @cummins91, @vicsuna, @abigail, @Carovie, @thfc, @Hitch, @Ameer, @LimMouse, @freddie01, @Ulrik, @i1_principe, @BobEire, @doverwhite, @jimbo584, @Kingdom for, @AussieDex, @shrewd., @SgtTr, @michalciesla, @Duckets, @Apeyours, @Tyson Reyes, @NoFear@Rey86, @delfino@craighand @AndreBR.

Liverpool -2 can be had for 2.38 with Paddy Power.  Since being back in the PL in 2015/16 season, Watford's last 4 results at Anfield read 2-0, 6-1, 5-0 and 5-0.  I see no reason why Liverpool won't win by at least 3 goals this time around given the form of both teams.  Even if the team is rotated, the backups have shown in the recent Everton game they are more than good enough to beat a team of Watford's calibre.

The premier League card certainly isn't easy this weekend .some games pitting untrustworthy teams against each other. My selections are as follows:

Burnley

Villa or draw

Man United

( Add Preston From the championship v luton)

Acca pays around 11/1 

Or 23/1 if like me you fancy Charlton v Hull to be level at HT tonight)

Good luck !

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Premier League

Liverpool have scored at least 2 goals in their last 15 home matches in Premier League.
Bournemouth have lost with a 1 goal margin in their last 3 away matches in Premier League.
There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Southampton’s last 7 games in Premier League.
Burnley have lost with at least a 2 goal margin in their last 3 matches in Premier League.
Leicester have won their last 8 matches in Premier League.

You can find interesting 68 Football Betting Streaks for 14.12.2019 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-14-12-2019-16916

Liverpool FC vs Watford FC

Liverpool FC

Doubtful: -

Out (injuries/other): Dejan Lovren (8/0 d), Joel Matip (7/1 d), Nathaniel Clyne (0/0 d), Fabinho (12/1 m)

Suspended: -

Watford FC

Doubtful: Roberto Pereyra (12/1 m), Adam Masina (7/0 d), Sebastian Prodl (1/0 m), Daryl Janmaat (8/0 d)

Out (injuries/other): Jose Holebas (11/0 d), Tom Cleverley (9/1 m), Danny Welbeck (5/0 f)

Burnley FC vs Newcastle Utd

Burnley FC

Doubtful: Ashley Barnes (14/6 f, probably in), Ashley Westwood (13/0 m, probably in), Phil Bardsley (4/0 d), Charlie Taylor (5/0 d)

Out (injuries/other): Johann Berg Gudmundsson (4/1 m), Kevin Long (0/0 d)

Newcastle Utd

Doubtful: Jonjo Shelvey (11/5 m, top scorer), Miguel Almiron (16/0 m)

Out (injuries/other): Ki Sung-Yeung (3/0 m), Allan Saint-Maximin (11/1 m), Ciaran Clark (9/2 d), Jamaal Lascelles (12/1 d, captain), Matt Ritchie (3/0 m)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Arsenal vs Manchester City

OK, so the big game this weekend used to be a lot bigger. Arsenal host Manchester City on Sunday in a 4:30pm GMT kick-off at the Emirates Stadium. It now just feels like potential title challengers visiting an out-of-form side that have an outside chance of finishing inside the top four this season but are actually now considered more of a Europa League outfit.

Arsenal have reached the Europa League last 32 but that's done little to lift the mood around the club. Interim head coach Freddie Ljungberg continues to plod on without any real sign of a permanent appointment being made. It kind of feels like the club is in limbo. The league form of the Gunners has been inconsistent since the departure of Unai Emery. 1 win, 1 draw, and 1 defeat has left the club in 9th place and 7 points off the pace of the Champions League qualification places.

Manchester City aren't exactly at the peak of their powers right now either. The media are beginning to hound Pep Guardiola about why his side aren't performing to the exceedingly high levels they have set over previous campaigns. The Citizens are in 3rd place and 14 points behind league leaders Liverpool. If you believe the pundits then you'll think the title race is all but over for City. Just 2 wins from their last 5 league games is very unlike this City side. Injuries still plague the side with Aymeric Laporte, Sergio Aguero, David Silva, John Stones, and Ederson are all ruled out or potentially out of this game.

Even though I think this game will be tighter than it would be if City were at full strength, I still think the sensible money has to back the away side. I'm just not convinced by Arsenal under Ljungberg. They need to appoint a permanent gaffer as soon as possible. Until then the results will continue to drift. City have clearly lost confidence in catching Liverpool but they'll keep on going. I think a 1-2 goal win for City is the most likely outcome. I don't think they'll keep a clean sheet though.

Manchester City HT/FT @ 2.10 with Betfair

Total Goals Scored Over 3.5 @ 1.90 with Betfair

Liverpool are eight points ahead of second-placed Leicester. The Reds will go for another win. But overconfidence can sometimes create problems. I expect Watford to score at Anfield. We know that he has scored just nine goals so far, but keep in mind that Liverpool have some defensive issues. They have kept their focus intact in only 3 of their 16 Premier League matches. He comes from eight home games with goals and three in the Champions League. I expect the series to continue
LIVERPOOL FC vs WATFORD FC @@ Both team to score, odds 1.95

Edited by betcatalog

11 hours ago, betcatalog said:

Liverpool are eight points ahead of second-placed Leicester. The Reds will go for another win. But overconfidence can sometimes create problems. I expect Watford to score at Anfield. We know that he has scored just nine goals so far, but keep in mind that Liverpool have some defensive issues. They have kept their focus intact in only 3 of their 16 Premier League matches. He comes from eight home games with goals and three in the Champions League. I expect the series to continue
LIVERPOOL FC vs WATFORD FC @@ Both team to score, odds 1.95

You were so close at first half,but poor finishing at Watford side,denied you at the moment..

Burnley-Newcastle United 1(1.95)bet365

Hello everyone.

It has been long time ago while I wrote analysis about some game,a was a little bit busy.

I like to say thanks to main admin @StevieDay1983 for a great analysis and for keeping here people who likes to bet.

Today I chose Burnley becasue,Dyche team are reacting after 3 loss streak with a win,also with a win in margin of -1.They are playing football who doesn¨t suits a Newcastle players.I can tell you that because Newcastle are team who are letting the most passes in their own half.Steve Bruce train them to defend well passing but obiviosuly they have problem with aerial duels.And here we are were I think will be key weakness for Newcastle.Well from stats whoscored.com they are not good at aerial duels.For exc. Joelitnon and Carrol are the player with most aerial won and after that are comign Lascelse and Clark who arent playing today.At other side Mee,Tarkowski,Wood and Barnes are players with most aerial duels won so big trouble for today..Also that means attacking set-piece and corners which team of Sean Dyche likes.And also I like to add missing of key players,Saint-Maximan and Almiron who are main threats at counter-attacks when Newcastle defending very deep.Today on their position are Carrol and Atsu,Atsu is good or how i like to call him super-sub but andy carrol is only good for aerial dules.

Edited by MaliMisko12

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Premier League

There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Man Utd’s last 5 games in Premier League.
Wolves are undefeated in their last 11 matches in Premier League.
There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Man City’s last 7 games in Premier League.
Everton have lost 86% of their last 7 away matches in Premier League.
There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 88% of Tottenham’s last 8 away games in Premier League.

You can find interesting 65 Football Betting Streaks for 15.12.2019 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-15-12-2019-16939

@MaliMisko12, you're too kind good sir. I'm probably not the most profitable tipster here because some of you guys have got this stuff locked down! However, I like to think that my knowledge of football itself not only gives you a different perspective and something else to think about but also sees us deliver far more positive outcomes than negative. You all contribute to this and I'm proud to say I'm involved here when the likes of yourself and the many others I speak to on a daily and weekly basis post here. It's a two-way street so thank you.

Crystal Palace vs Brighton

OK, @Mindfulness and @Tiffy, that's enough. Save it for the game! I can smell the animosity! That's right! It's the M23 derby tonight between Crystal Palace and Brighton at 7:45pm GMT at Selhurst Park. Is there a more randomly viscous non-derby derby game in world football? I don't know but it's certainly going to be full of feist and fight tonight that's for sure.

Crystal Palace are riddled with injuries and suspensions to their defensive department heading into this game. Roy Hodgson will have to deal with the absence of Jeffrey Schlupp, Patrick Van Aanholt, Joel Ward, and Mamadou Sakho. The Eagles are defying the odds this season in 10th place and just 4 points behind the automatic European qualification spots. Usually, it's their home form that has been their strongest asset but this season they've earned just as many points on the road as they have at home. Their form at the moment is superb with three clean sheets on the bounce in the league. Unfortunately, if you're expecting a goal fest then you may be disappointed. Only 13 league goals have been scored by teams at Selhurst Park this season.

Brighton will also be without a number of key players including Dale Stephens, Solly March, and Jose Izquierdo all out. The Seagulls have only won 1 of their last 5 league games leaving them in 13th place in the league and just 4 points above the drop. Manager Graham Potter will be coming into this game aware that his side have only won 2 of their 8 away league games this season. However, performances in the last two league games have been greatly improved with the 2-1 win over Arsenal and the 2-2 draw with Wolves

This game is a tougher one to call than I was anticipating. I did think Crystal Palace were certain for the win but after consideration I'm actually looking to back a draw. I think the absentees for the home side are a concern and at a stadium where the odd goal has decided things a lot this season I think both teams will fight out a close game with a 1-1 my preferred correct score choice.

Draw @ 3.30 with Marathonbet

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 2.39 with SportNation

These Palace V Brighton games are becoming more and more stressful. I'll just be relieved if Palace don't loose.

@StevieDay1983, I doubt you'll be able to get hold of @Tiffy tonight. He is loading mock-up seabirds packed with explosives onto his trawler, just off the coast of Havana.

I have spoken to the relevant authorities and they have assured me his grotesque cargo will never reach its destination.

Crappy Palarse V Brighton

Interesting game tonight. We have seen a marked change in style now that GP has taken over at Brighton, and "Potter all" is having an effect. Good wins over Spurs and Arsenal were evident of that, and it's nice to see more attacking play with goals. 

I have a feeling, based on nothing more than my guts, that we will be in for a good game tonight. 

Anyway, I'm in the pub, but for the record I have gone for

Sell time of Brighton first corner@22

Buy Brighton corners squared @28

Sell CP corner supremacy @1.25

A good write up @StevieDay1983 and a winning double for you there. Although I think your trousers will need a wash after being stained in creosote, from sitting on the fence ?

@Mindfulness You seriously make me laugh with all this stuff you dream up of. I wish I was in Havana, but it's more likely to be Brixham these days. 

A fair result in the end, thought either team could have won it. And I do love to watch the Homesdale End in full flow, hats off to them for a great atmosphere.

All of my selections came in. I am having better luck with spread betting as it makes me analyse the game in a different way.

I have meant to post some stuff recently, but work is getting in the bloody way!

A couple of things tho

Zaha,-- will he go in Jan, and if so can Palace survive without him

Potterball,-- interesting to see the change of style. Reminded me of when Gus came to the club and wanted to play that way, but didn't have the quality of player.

Chris Hughton -- Everyone was surprised to see him go, but he hasn't got another job yet. Is his style too negative these days?

Anyways, I have a trawler full of rotting pilchards, so I'll bring it to Croydon to feed that oversized sparrow that flies around Smellhurst before every match ?

12 hours ago, Mindfulness said:

These Palace V Brighton games are becoming more and more stressful. I'll just be relieved if Palace don't loose.

@StevieDay1983, I doubt you'll be able to get hold of @Tiffy tonight. He is loading mock-up seabirds packed with explosives onto his trawler, just off the coast of Havana.

I have spoken to the relevant authorities and they have assured me his grotesque cargo will never reach its destination.

Oh my days, that post tickled me! :lol

7 hours ago, Tiffy said:

A good write up @StevieDay1983 and a winning double for you there. Although I think your trousers will need a wash after being stained in creosote, from sitting on the fence ?

@Mindfulness You seriously make me laugh with all this stuff you dream up of. I wish I was in Havana, but it's more likely to be Brixham these days. 

A fair result in the end, thought either team could have won it. And I do love to watch the Homesdale End in full flow, hats off to them for a great atmosphere.

All of my selections came in. I am having better luck with spread betting as it makes me analyse the game in a different way.

I have meant to post some stuff recently, but work is getting in the bloody way!

A couple of things tho

Potterball,-- interesting to see the change of style. Reminded me of when Gus came to the club and wanted to play that way, but didn't have the quality of player.

Chris Hughton -- Everyone was surprised to see him go, but he hasn't got another job yet. Is his style too negative these days?

Anyways, I have a trawler full of rotting pilchards, so I'll bring it to Croydon to feed that oversized sparrow that flies around Smellhurst before every match ?

:lol You know backing the draw in derby matches is always a wise shout, especially when the two sides are so evenly balanced coming into it. An interesting question about Palace. I still feel they don't have enough strength to be considered safe from relegation until they reach that 40 point mark. A run of bad results can drag them back into it and Roy is doing an incredible job with what he has. It's small margins in the Premier League though.

Re: Hughton, he's an odd one. Apparently, we went for him before going for Harris but he rejected us on two counts. First, he feels he can get a Premier League job. Second, we shunned him for OIe Gunnar Solskjaer and Alan Shearer when we appointed Solskjaer. No surprise he told us to do one, if true!

9 hours ago, Tiffy said:

A couple of things tho

'Zahxit' has been on the cards for many a year now but it's simply a case of a big 6 team putting in a big enough bid. So far that hasn't happened and the club wont sell unless we get the proper money for him (£75M - £80M). If he goes it'll be dogfights agogo and perhaps relegation unless we make good aquisitions. The playing squad overall is experienced and mentally strong but it is ageing and we need more young and energetic players with attacking quality (both creating and scoring).

Brighton clearly the better team for two thirds of the match but if anything your goal caused Palace to stand up and be counted. Brighton are 'vertically intergrated' under Potter. GK Ryan, both CB's, and most midfielders are comfortable with the ball at feet and they can move the ball from back to front very quickly. Their high energy style is impressive but it doesn't look like they can sustain it for the whole game and that's perhaps another reason why Palace were so strong from 70' onwards as the Seagulls had exhausted themselves.

The Hughton / Pulis / Allardyce methods are somewhat out of fashion right now and that's essentially because everyone wants to be like Pep - he has heavily influenced the footballing culture in this country. If you're on a low budget then hardwork and organisation still gets results as we can see from the likes of Hodgson, Dyche and Bruce. The new 'hybrid' managers like Wilder and Potter and interesting as their teams are organised and defensively strong but also play attractive football with energy and intensity.

Feeding it pilchards is a step-up from the Charlton fans who tried to attack it :eyes