** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Premier League Predictions > Oct 25th - 27th

As sajtion says, this looks a very tough set of fixtures to call.  I don't have any bets in mind just yet, but my early lean is to back Sheff Utd on a +1 handicap (they are unbeaten away from home) and West Ham are up and down (down based on their last two PL results).  Sheffield are also coming off a great win against Arsenal on Monday so won't have any fear going to West Ham.    

Burnley could also be worth backing, again perhaps with a handicap as this is the kind of game I can see Chelsea's kids struggling in (i.e. a physical battle in an old fashioned ground- nothing like what most of them will have been brought up with!).  Chelsea have won six in a row in all competitions, but I think this is a game where that run will end and Burnley will get at least a draw.

My gut instinct says Man U should not be odds on away from home to any other PL team at the moment, even Norwich!  But I don't know what to make of Norwich at the moment (they busted everyone in this forum last weekend by getting a 0-0 draw at Bournemouth) so will probably leave this one alone.

Palace are always worth a look when away from home to a big club, but I was expecting a bigger price than 7s.  They were 11/1 last week at home!  I really want more than 7s to give them a try, but they always pop up every season with a surprise away win somewhere, and this could be a good time to be playing Arsenal after a short week for them (played Monday and again tonight in the EL).  Will see how Arsenal get on tonight before making a decision on this one.

i believe this is a week for the underdogs. i can see so many upsets and red cards and all kinds of things. i typically i like to get involved when games are more stable and when you can pick up on some consistent trends however games recently have been anything but shambles everywhere. i just have a feeling this week is going to be one of those that's best avoided.

Southampton vs Leicester City

Southampton

Doubtful: -

Out (injuries/other): Cedric Soares (3/0 d), Moussa Djenepo (3/2 m)

Suspended: -

Leicester City

Doubtful: -

Out (injuries/other): Matthew James (0/0 m)

Suspended: -

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Leicester is one of the delightful performances of this year's Premier League and is no accident in second place in the standings, along with Manchester City. Saturday beat Burnley 2-1, and today's game at Southampton is quite demanding. The Saints have been in a difficult position since the start of the season and will do their best to reach a positive result today, but Leicester City has the first reason for victory
SOUTHAMPTON FC vs LEICESTER CITY @@ LEICESTER CITY, odds 2.40

Southampton vs Leicester

Friday night football is back for the Premier League with Southampton playing Leicester in this 8pm BST kick-off at St Mary's Stadium. These two sides have had contrasting starts to their league campaigns with the home side toiling at the wrong end of the table and the visitors are flying high up the top end of the division. Will the result favour the form book or will we see a surprise?

Southampton narrowly avoided relegation last season but with the appointment of Ralph Hasenhuttl it was hoped that the Saints could push on up the table this season. Unfortunately, the club is currently sitting in 17th place and only outside the relegation zone on goal difference. Four league games without a win has left the fans becoming concerned but the 1-1 draw versus Wolves in their last match gave hope that they might have turned a corner. What is more worrying is the fact that this poor form has continued from last season with the club only managing 2 of their last 14 league games with the worst home record in the division this season having failed to keep a clean sheet at home. However, this is a Southampton side that have scored in a club record 18 consecutive home games. 

Leicester are a completely opposing tale. Brendan Rodgers has transformed this Foxes team into a free-flowing attacking side that are making a serious push for a top four finish this season. 5 wins from their last 7 league games has pushed the team up to 3rd in the table. If Leicester win here then it'll be the first time since 1930 that they'd have won 6 of their first 10 matches in the top flight. Disconcertingly, the club hasn't kept a clean sheet in their last 12 away league games. It could also be worth backing Jamie Vardy to score any time because he's bagged 15 goals since Rodgers took over in March.

These two sides played each other three times last season with the away side winning both league games with Leicester winning the EFL Cup clash on penalties. St Mary's Stadium is a place Leicester love scoring goals having hit six here in their last two visits. I can see goals being scored again in this game. I'd have to back Leicester to sneak a 2-1 win if I was pushed on a correct score.

Leicester to Win @ 2.35 with SportNation

Anytime Scorer: Jamie Vardy @ 2.25 with Betfred

@Mindfulness, @Pep004, @MaliMisko12, @betcatalog, @sajtion, @godofhorses, @Tiffy, @waynecoyne, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @Duke_Tm, @dogmeister, @Arkadi Manucharov, @derbent, @fat, @allyhibs, @6avin24, @discipline, @the bastardian, @Bronxie, @Bett@KikoCy, @teddybear3011, @markus808, @allthethings, @Kenton Schweppes, @vasilli07, @Dylan Lynch, @neilovan, @JKos, @zemo91, @kulikTS, @mrclubbie, @Judeksi, @Henind666, @Teodore, @kilkenny1, @newjack, @PokerWolf1, @Dave1X2, @real55555, @jazzman02, @Ameer13, @Gedkip, @mcsilks, @MangoTheThird, @Roy The Boy, @DonPaulo, @Duckets, @yossa6133, @sjuesju, @dylanphan, @thfc, @Dboston, @Dr. Florida192, @money44, @1moregoal, @ggm31v, @EuroDream, @ndanmak, @cummins91, @vicsuna, @abigail, @Carovie, @thfc, @Hitch, @Ameer, @LimMouse, @freddie01, @Ulrik, @i1_principe, @BobEire, @doverwhite, @jimbo584, @Kingdom forand @AndreBR.

I'm afraid that Southampton and Leicester will somehow produce an entertaining 0:0 draw. That's because I put a bet on Both teams to score - odds 1.75 with Bet365. Just look at the stats in StevieDay's post - Southampton leaking goals at home but also scoring at home; Leicester failing to keep clean sheets away but otherwise in a good form. I was expecting lower odds - not more than 1.65.

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Premier League

Chelsea have scored at least 3 goals in their last 3 away matches in Premier League.
42% of Brighton’s conceded goals occurred after the 75th minute in Premier League.
Man City are undefeated in 91% of their last 23 matches in Premier League.
Everton have scored 38% of their goals in the first 15 minutes in Premier League.

You can find interesting 79 Football Betting Streaks for 26.10.2019 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-26-10-2019-16210

Watford vs Bournemouth

The Premier League is giving a few tempting long shouts this weekend and one I'm keen to pick out is in the game between Watford and Bournemouth that kicks off at 3pm BST on Saturday afternoon at Vicarage Road. The home side are sitting bottom of the league table and will be hoping to get 3 points against an away side that are performing well so far this season.

Watford could not have anticipated much of a worse start to their campaign. The sacking of Javi Gracia was not unsurprising at the time but the shock was the re-appointment of Quique Sanchez Flores. Results haven't exactly improved since the change of manager. The Hornets are now 4 points adrift of safety and need to start picking up victories. It's the first time since 2006 that the club has failed to win any of their first 9 league matches. That season they ended up finishing bottom of the Premier League. Defence is an issue with the club only keeping 2 clean sheets in their last 26 games. It's a dire state of affairs.

Bournemouth are a polar opposite to their opponents today. Eddie Howe's men are positioned in 10th place but have looked a very competent side so far. A recent poor spell of results has seen them fail to win any of their last four matches. I wouldn't normally be keen to back the away side on a bad run of results but I just feel this is a game where the price allows me to back them to get something here.

The head-to-head meetings isn't very good reading for Watford fans with their club having never beaten Bournemouth in the top flight. 6 of their 8 meetings have ended in a draw. Watford also haven't beaten Bournemouth in their last 8 league games at home. If Bournemouth win this game then they'll have won back-to-back games at Vicarage Road for the first time since 1948. I'm not sure they'll win so I'm backing a draw.

Draw @ 3.60 with Betfred

BTTS @ 1.65 with SportNation

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Premier League

Liverpool have scored at least 2 goals in their last 11 home matches in Premier League.
67% of Crystal Palace’s matches had under 2.5 goals in Premier League.
Norwich City have conceded 2 goals or more in each of their last 3 home matches in Premier League.
33% of Manchester Utd’s conceded goals occurred after the 75th minute in Premier League.

You can find interesting 83 Football Betting Streaks for 27.10.2019 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-27-10-2019-16213

Liverpool vs Tottenham

The big game in the Premier League this weekend is the epic clash between Liverpool and Tottenham on Sunday afternoon at 4:30pm GMT from Anfield. Will the league leaders recover from their disappointing 1-1 draw against Manchester United last weekend or will an under-performing visiting side build on their victory at Ajax in the Champions League during midweek to add more misery on Merseyside?

Liverpool have been excellent so far this season. Jurgen Klopp's men are top of the table with 25 points from 9 league matches. The Reds can extend their lead at the summit to 6 points if they win in this game. Victory here will also see the club equal the Premier League record for the best start to a season. It's now 11 wins in a row at home for Liverpool and 44 matches unbeaten at Anfield. If you're looking for an anytime scorer bet for this game then Mo Salah has bagged 6 goals in his last 8 starts against Tottenham for Liverpool, Basel, and Fiorentina.

Tottenham haven't had the best of starts to the season. An alleged bust-up between certain players over certain dirty deeds has plagued their preparations. Mauricio Pochettino has done well to instil a siege mentality in recent weeks. The win away to Ajax could be a catalyst that ignites their season. The club is down in 10th place with just 12 points from their 9 league games thus far. It's now 10 league games away without a win for Spurs. The team has also only won 3 of their past 12 league games only managing to keep one clean sheet.

If you're looking at the head-to-head meetings then Spurs fans will want to look away. Liverpool have won the last three encounters. Over 2.5 goals have been scored in 4 of the last 5 meetings. I can see this one being a draw. Liverpool appear to have dropped their performance levels slightly and Tottenham look to have got a bit of their swagger back. I can see a 1-1 or 2-2 outcome here.

Draw @ 4.65 with Unibet

BTTS @ 1.62 with William Hill

Hey guys! New to the site. Haven't regularly punted in quite a while, but the taste for a little weekend flutter has returned again. Felt I needed to sign up to a forum, as if I'm not articulating & putting my thoughts into black and white, I can be a little lazy/loose - and if I'm a little lazy/loose, then the bookies are sure to win - and we don't want that to happen, do we? ?

So my first post is hardly much of a "tip", but I think Manchester United are nailed on to brush aside Norwich on tomorrow afternoon, and seeing them quoted around 4/5 looks generous to me.

Ole's side have seen their best performances this season come when playing possession based teams; when the emphasis isn't so much on trying to unlock a stubborn deep-block, but just having a compact settled-shape off the ball & pressing aggressively. They beat Leicester & Chelsea this season with less of the ball, and put in, what I thought, was a very good performance vs. Liverpool last weekend with around 35% possession.

Norwich execute a patient, position-play focused possession game with strong emphasis on building from the back (it's naive, if you ask me, but anyway). Only the "big 6", Leicester & Graham Potter's Brighton pass the ball more on average than Norwich, and only 6 sides (City, Chelsea, Leicester, Spurs, Liverpool & Brighton) average more passes-per-min-of-possession; so they're zipping it around at a brisk tempo - the  only issue is, they predominantly do it in risky, almost Louis van Gaal-esque deep areas:
74166773_491287654799891_4838368276276838400_n.png?_nc_cat=107&_nc_oc=AQmwQd0iYf5R6H5qMAVyhQhDoH_JaH78e4ihjL0BPqC5hM9PXrJI0AIpUPTuaViStlQ&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=bc71d4de36fe456d364e228d51ca5e8c&oe=5E1BC0A4

And to add to that, they're playing against a side who before the Liverpool game, only allowed opponents on average to construct ~8 passes before forcing a possession turnover. United have a lot of effective/capable pressing players in D.James, Rashford, Lingard, Pereira, Fred, McTominay, Wan-Bissaka (his pressing intensity really impressed me vs. Andy Robertson), etc., most of whom, are expected to start, and will be licking their lips at conceding territorial possession and waiting to pounce on an error; specific pressing trigger(s), a lazy pass, etc.

I just think it's a match made in heaven for United. With the recent mood lift courtesy of the solid Liverpool performance, followed by their first away win in a long time on Thursday, on top of the plus of the returning Martial, who may lack the pressing intensity of most of the aforementioned, but brings much missed quality in and around the box;  and against a side who are foot of the table, low on confidence, and despite their "philosophy" playing right into United's hands stylistically, they're likely to be too stubborn to change -  so I'm more than happy to have a substantial single on some of that just-shy-of-evens price floating about.

Good luck if you play or add to your accas.

Hope I can contribute positively in the future. Used to contribute to a forum called Racecaller a few years back.
Edited by shrewd.

Just some quick thoughts here.  

Since United beat Chelsea in week 1 on August 18th, they have failed to score more than a single goal in a match since that time.  And save Arsenal & Liverpool, they have played absolute garbage.  I'm talking League 1 Rochdale, Partizan, Alkmaar, Newcastle, Palace, Astana, I'm talking competition they should have smashed and at least been able to score multiple goals against.  Anyone backing them this week is crazy, imho.  United can counter for sure.  The likes of James, Martial, Rashford, AWB, they have speed to burn.  But, any manager worth their salt understands this and will sit back, and watch United flounder.  They cannot create.  They are infuriating to support as a fan, and alas this is going to be just another lost season.  I'd take a punt on the under here.  u2.5 evs seems okay, I prefer u3 at about -160 or so

I like Arsenal at home here and will lay the -1 at -120 or so.  Arsenal always play more attacking at home and I just think they have too much fire power for Palace to handle.  Palace away is always a good fade too (except when they go to Old Trafford, obvisously) and tend to leak goals.  I think this is a comfortable home win, 2-0, 3-1 something like that.

Liverpool/Spurs game is a game to watch, not to get involved in.  Pool are way too heavily favored and ordinarily I'd back Spurs DNB or take a handicap, but Spurs is a team in flux here.  I don't know wtf is going on behind the scenes, but this is not the same team as the past two years. Pool has a comfortable lead in the table, and is 4-0 at home this year, averaging 3 gpg which is formidable for sure, but Spurs has the talent to hang around.  Either way, I'll watch, but if Liverpool wins 2-1, I'm not going to lay -190 or -200 on them so good for them

In the early game, I am most certainly going to be a Wolves fan.  Wolves are just a better team, imho.  I can get +160 for an away win and -120 for a DNB, sign me up for both here.  Newcastle have managed 5 goals TOTAL in their first 9 games.  And in the games I've seen them play, they manage very very few chances at all, so that's not deceiving.  I can't back a team that can't score. 

Wolves, Arsenal (-1) and take a punt on Norwich/United u.2.75

g'luck

I think Tottenham are capable of not losing easily and with a goal difference, which means they will not lose by more than one goal at Anfield. Liverpool is not immune. Tottenham were great on Tuesday and the confidence of the key players is higher as Sean and Kane score and get extra psychology. Chances indicate her victory? Liverpool, however, undervalued Tottenham remain rich in quality and remain capable of doing damage, even losing with little difference
LIVERPOOL FC vs TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR @@ +1.50 Ah TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR, odds 1.90

9 hours ago, shrewd. said:
Hey guys! New to the site. Haven't regularly punted in quite a while, but the taste for a little weekend flutter has returned again. Felt I needed to sign up to a forum, as if I'm not articulating & putting my thoughts into black and white, I can be a little lazy/loose - and if I'm a little lazy/loose, then the bookies are sure to win - and we don't want that to happen, do we? ?

So my first post is hardly much of a "tip", but I think Manchester United are nailed on to brush aside Norwich on tomorrow afternoon, and seeing them quoted around 4/5 looks generous to me.

Ole's side have seen their best performances this season come when playing possession based teams; when the emphasis isn't so much on trying to unlock a stubborn deep-block, but just having a compact settled-shape off the ball & pressing aggressively. They beat Leicester & Chelsea this season with less of the ball, and put in, what I thought, was a very good performance vs. Liverpool last weekend with around 35% possession.

Norwich execute a patient, position-play focused possession game with strong emphasis on building from the back (it's naive, if you ask me, but anyway). Only the "big 6", Leicester & Graham Potter's Brighton pass the ball more on average than Norwich, and only 6 sides (City, Chelsea, Leicester, Spurs, Liverpool & Brighton) average more passes-per-min-of-possession; so they're zipping it around at a brisk tempo - the  only issue is, they predominantly do it in risky, almost Louis van Gaal-esque deep areas:
74166773_491287654799891_4838368276276838400_n.png?_nc_cat=107&_nc_oc=AQmwQd0iYf5R6H5qMAVyhQhDoH_JaH78e4ihjL0BPqC5hM9PXrJI0AIpUPTuaViStlQ&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=bc71d4de36fe456d364e228d51ca5e8c&oe=5E1BC0A4

And to add to that, they're playing against a side who before the Liverpool game, only allowed opponents on average to construct ~8 passes before forcing a possession turnover. United have a lot of effective/capable pressing players in D.James, Rashford, Lingard, Pereira, Fred, McTominay, Wan-Bissaka (his pressing intensity really impressed me vs. Andy Robertson), etc., most of whom, are expected to start, and will be licking their lips at conceding territorial possession and waiting to pounce on an error; specific pressing trigger(s), a lazy pass, etc.

I just think it's a match made in heaven for United. With the recent mood lift courtesy of the solid Liverpool performance, followed by their first away win in a long time on Thursday, on top of the plus of the returning Martial, who may lack the pressing intensity of most of the aforementioned, but brings much missed quality in and around the box;  and against a side who are foot of the table, low on confidence, and despite their "philosophy" playing right into United's hands stylistically, they're likely to be too stubborn to change -  so I'm more than happy to have a substantial single on some of that just-shy-of-evens price floating about.

Good luck if you play or add to your accas.

Hope I can contribute positively in the future. Used to contribute to a forum called Racecaller a few years back.

:welcome to Punters Lounge @shrewd  :ok 

Great points by @shrewd., I saw the midweek match where ManU played against Partizan away and it looked like a good preparation for the match against Norwich. Partizan tried their best to attack but United basically took the pace out of the game. I think ManU will try to do the same today and then probably score one or two. This could turn out to be another low scoring away match for ManU.

ManU to win @ 1.97 with Pinnacle
Under 2,5 goals @ 2.03 with Pinnale

Edited by Judeksi