** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Premier League Predictions > Aug 9th - 11th

eplodds.jpg

The 2019/20 Premier League season is fast approaching so we might as well get the first round of fixtures up so we can start the discussion. The first game up is between last season's runners-up Liverpool and new boys Norwich. The stand out game is Manchester United versus Chelsea. Plenty to talk about and never too early to get chatting. Let us know your predictions below! :ok

Way too early to be looking at these fixtures but i'm away when the PL starts back up so what the heck?.

First thoughts are to do lay both Liverpool and Man City.  Liverpool's pre-season has not been the best to date, and their best attacking players have been busy with international commitments.  I still expect Liverpool to win, but Norwich will have a fairly settled team unless they go on a crazy spending spree in the next couple of weeks, and will be more refreshed so aren't without a chance of getting a result.  It's as good a time as any for Norwich to go to Anfield and be able to get a result.

Similar reasoning for city, but coupled with a tough away fixture to start the season I think they could be worth a lay.  West Ham are capable of a top 10 finish and on their day are able to compete with the top teams.  I think there is a fair chance at least one of Liverpool or City will drop points which would guarantee a profit.

I expect spurs to comfortably beat Aston Villa.  Villa concern me with the number of signings they have made- looks like they don't trust the team that got them promoted bar a couple of players like Grealish.  They could be 'doing a Fulham' and signing quantity and not quality IMO.  Either way, spurs will be too strong for a Villa team with a lot of players being bought in who have no experience of the PL.

I can see quite a few draws in this round.  Burnley-Saints, Palace-Everton, Leicester-Wolves and Utd-Chelsea all look like good candidates for draws as I think the teams are similarly matched.

i think liverpool will have a tough game against norwich just because their pre season has been tough. i know they didn't lose a home match last season but i think a 2-2 may be possible

west ham will be playing for a draw without a doubt. pellegrini will try to close all the spaces and take a point so it remains to be see how much man city become frustrated

i'm taking sheff utd to grab a win in open scoring game. i just think bournemouth likes to take teams on at home but are not strong defensively to keep anyone out

So on first View only Nice Games to predict for me - are the Watford-Brighton Game and the Burnley-Southampton Game.... Maybe Watford and the Saints can win this... But i will wait for more Infos this Week or maybe some transfers from this Teams...

I don't think you can read too much into pre season in terms of results. While they are important they are really not the number 1 goal of preseason.

Get players up to speed, increase the fitness and intensity, while having no injuries.

I don't think Liverpool are going to be as good this season as last. My feeling is that Man CIty cruise easily to a 3rd Premier league title in a row.

I say this because that high tempo, Klopp pressing game takes it's toll. Players simply can't do it year after year.

LIVERPOOL v NORWICH 

Very difficult to look past a Liverpool win here, but I don't think they will have it all their own way.

Norwich played some excellent football and were really the surprise package of the Championship.

Even though their opponents were not Liverpool quality, they still scored a lot of goals. 

I don't think Liverpool keep a clean sheet here, so for me a decent looking bet would be both teams to score at odds over 2.15 

MAN UNITED v CHELSEA

Everybody thinks that the Maguire transfer is a ridiculous fee, but they are not seeing the elephant in the room. Forget comparing Maguire and van Djik.

van Djik came into a Liverpool team and slotted in to a pretty decent unit. They shipped ridiculous goals in the previous season, but he really helped rectify that problem.They needed a defensive lynchpin and van Djik provided it.

United need far more than a defensive rock. They need a team leader. Pogba is simply not that man, and there are no obvious candidates. You need a solid player that will deliver at least a 7/10 performance week after week. I think Maguire is that guy, and  from all accounts seems to be a rock solid individual. Future captain of the side by Jan next year. 

Both sides (United and Chelsea) are playing an inexperienced  managerial game. Neither has really shown they can do the job but...

Solskjaer has done pretty well in the transfer market. Three signings, that when compared to the garbage/damage done by Mourinho and van Gaal, look excellent.

My feeling is that Chelsea will really miss Hazard this season. He won them games last season, and had moments of brilliance that they can't replace. Like Real losing Ronaldo or Barcelona Messi. I think they don't make CL Europe and finish 5th ahead of Arsenal.

I don't think you see a goal bonanza in this game but I think United cover a 1 goal margin. 

as a side note I think Dalot will have an amazing season. Wow 20 years old and the world at his feet. Premier league young player of the season for me. 

Looking at CHelsea's first three games (United away, Leicester at home, Norwich away), Lampard could be feeling the heat early.

Edited by neilovan

lampard is relying a lot of younger players who of course are not as established or recognisable yet but chelsea will still have solid quality to compete. i think we will see some players establish themselves in the chelsea team this season. it's hard to read into first round matches in premier league but i am sure man utd will want to start with a victory and impose their attacking style. this is the season where solskjaer has to get it right with man utd. i think it will be open attacking game and i see man utd winning in the end but both teams scoring MAN UTD WIN AND BOTH TEAMS TO SCORE, 3-4 TOTAL GOALS

i have a strong feeling tottenham will lose points or at least be run close by aston villa in any case. it would be really bad if tottenham doesn't pick up three points. their chances of title would take a massive knock. they are capable to win but i just got a feeling aston villa will get back at them especially if tottenham get ahead. aston villa has nothing to lose in this fixture and i am sure they will be eager to get going with it. i expect another open game where four or five goals go in. ASTON VILLA OR DRAW, 3-4 TOTAL GOALS 

i read recently that roy hodgson think's he needs five more players in the squad. that may hint they he is not happy with the squad strength or depth. it's going to be tough season for them as zaha want's out and if he is not fully focused then the hosts will struggle. marco silva has a lot to prove with everton this year. i though he managed to improve everton defensively in closing stages of last season but now he has had whole summer to make them defensively even better. EVERTON WIN, 0-2 FINAL RESULT

Liverpool vs Norwich

OK, we're finally here, let's do this! The first preview of the 2019/20 Premier League season is the Friday night kick-off between reigning Champions League winners and league runners-up Liverpool and newly promoted Norwich in an 8pm start at Anfield. It's a game where the home team have been installed as the clear favourites but will the top flight new boys spring a surprise?

Liverpool might have won Europe's elite competition last season but it's no secret that the trophy their fans really want is the Premier League. Jurgen Klopp has built a squad that pushed champions Manchester City all the way last season managing to earn 97 points yet still miss out on the title by a single point. No big name signings have been brought in so we can expect much of the same from the Reds this season. Will the lack of proven new additions hold them back though?

Norwich are back in the Premier League for the first time since 2015/16. Daniel Farke has pulled off a miracle by turning this squad around. It seemed as though it was going to end in tears after their 14th placed finish in the Championship two seasons ago. However, the right work in the transfer market saw the German manager construct a team that would go on to win the Championship title. The signings of Josip Drmic, Sam Byram, and Patrick Roberts are particularly exciting. There is still debate about whether the Canaries have strengthened enough or not.

What a game to start the season. I'm not entirely sure Norwich have enough about them to stay up but in this opening game they'll be full of guts and effort. Liverpool have looked just as dangerous as they did last season so we can expect a similar approach by them. I think the score here all depends how long Norwich can hold out for. Liverpool are awesome at home under Klopp so the league schedule couldn't have been tougher for Norwich. I think Liverpool should win by two goals but it won't be the stroll in the park some are predicting.

Draw (Liverpool -2) @ 4.33 with Bet365

Total Goals Scored Over 3.5 @ 2.10 with Betfred

@Mindfulness, @Pep004, @MaliMisko12, @betcatalog, @sajtion, @godofhorses, @Tiffy, @waynecoyne, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @Duke_Tm, @dogmeister, @Arkadi Manucharov, @derbent, @fat, @allyhibs, @6avin24, @discipline, @the bastardian, @Bronxie, @Bett@KikoCy, @teddybear3011, @markus808, @allthethings, @Kenton Schweppes, @vasilli07, @Dylan Lynch, @neilovan, @JKos, @zemo91, @kulikTS, @mrclubbie, @Judeksi, @Henind666, @Teodore, @kilkenny1, @newjack, @PokerWolf1, @Dave1X2, @real55555, @jazzman02, @Ameer13, @Gedkip, @mcsilks, @MangoTheThird, @Roy The Boy, @DonPaulo, @Duckets, @yossa6133, @sjuesju, @dylanphan, @thfc, @Dboston, @Dr. Florida192, @money44, @1moregoal, @ggm31v, @EuroDream, @ndanmak, @cummins91, @vicsuna, @abigail, @Carovie, @thfc, @Hitch, and @AndreBR, what bets are you guys placing?

48 minutes ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Liverpool vs Norwich

OK, we're finally here, let's do this! The first preview of the 2019/20 Premier League season is the Friday night kick-off between reigning Champions League winners and league runners-up Liverpool and newly promoted Norwich in an 8pm start at Anfield. It's a game where the home team have been installed as the clear favourites but will the top flight new boys spring a surprise?

Liverpool might have won Europe's elite competition last season but it's no secret that the trophy their fans really want is the Premier League. Jurgen Klopp has built a squad that pushed champions Manchester City all the way last season managing to earn 97 points yet still miss out on the title by a single point. No big name signings have been brought in so we can expect much of the same from the Reds this season. Will the lack of proven new additions hold them back though?

Norwich are back in the Premier League for the first time since 2015/16. Daniel Farke has pulled off a miracle by turning this squad around. It seemed as though it was going to end in tears after their 14th placed finish in the Championship two seasons ago. However, the right work in the transfer market saw the German manager construct a team that would go on to win the Championship title. The signings of Josip Drmic, Sam Byram, and Patrick Roberts are particularly exciting. There is still debate about whether the Canaries have strengthened enough or not.

What a game to start the season. I'm not entirely sure Norwich have enough about them to stay up but in this opening game they'll be full of guts and effort. Liverpool have looked just as dangerous as they did last season so we can expect a similar approach by them. I think the score here all depends how long Norwich can hold out for. Liverpool are awesome at home under Klopp so the league schedule couldn't have been tougher for Norwich. I think Liverpool should win by two goals but it won't be the stroll in the park some are predicting.

Draw (Liverpool -2) @ 4.33 with Bet365

Total Goals Scored Over 3.5 @ 2.10 with Betfred

@Mindfulness, @Pep004, @MaliMisko12, @betcatalog, @sajtion, @godofhorses, @Tiffy, @waynecoyne, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @Duke_Tm, @dogmeister, @Arkadi Manucharov, @derbent, @fat, @allyhibs, @6avin24, @discipline, @the bastardian, @Bronxie, @Bett@KikoCy, @teddybear3011, @markus808, @allthethings, @Kenton Schweppes, @vasilli07, @Dylan Lynch, @neilovan, @JKos, @zemo91, @kulikTS, @mrclubbie, @Judeksi, @Henind666, @Teodore, @kilkenny1, @newjack, @PokerWolf1, @Dave1X2, @real55555, @jazzman02, @Ameer13, @Gedkip, @mcsilks, @MangoTheThird, @Roy The Boy, @DonPaulo, @Duckets, @yossa6133, @sjuesju, @dylanphan, @thfc, @Dboston, @Dr. Florida192, @money44, @1moregoal, @ggm31v, @EuroDream, @ndanmak, @cummins91, @vicsuna, @abigail, @Carovie, @thfc, @Hitch, and @AndreBR, what bets are you guys placing?

i've had a small bet on liverpool 3-1 and 3-2. I can see norwich scoring.

I am assuming you left out the word 'not' when discussing norwich's signings @StevieDay1983 ? 

2 minutes ago, waynecoyne said:

i've had a small bet on liverpool 3-1 and 3-2. I can see norwich scoring.

I am assuming you left out the word 'not' when discussing norwich's signings @StevieDay1983 ? 

Haha, no, I seriously think those three players could shine if they are managed correctly. I'm especially keen to see how Roberts does if he is given a chance.

Liverpool FC vs Norwich City

Liverpool FC

Doubtful: -

Out (injuries/other): Nathaniel Clyne (4/0 d)

Suspended: -

(players stats are from the last season)

Norwich City

Doubtful: -

Out (injuries/other): Alexander Tettey (30/1 m), Louis Thompson (6/0 m), Ibrahim Amadou (m, newcomer), Timm Klose (31/4 d), Christoph Zimmermann (40/2 d)

Suspended: -

(players stats are from the last season)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Crystal Palace vs Everton: Everton to win

Selhurst Park is the smallest Premiership stadium in London and typically teams visiting Crystal Palace have a walk in the park. Last season Palace didn’t score a goal in front of their own fans until the end of October and they didn’t win at home until December. They only scored 19 goals in their own ground all season and five of them (26%) came in their 5-3 win over Bournemouth on the final day of the season.

Crystal Palace have won only 1 game out of 10 matches at home in the Premiership vs Everton and that happened 25 years ago. Everton won 5 games and the other 4 matches at Selhurst Park ended as ties.

Roy Hodgson is the current favourite to be the first sacked manager in the Premiership and he is facing one of his least favourite opponents in the first round of the season as Everton have beaten teams led by Hodgson 10 out of 17 times.

Palace's player of 18/19 season - Wan Bissaka went to Manchester United, Michy Batshuayi returned to Chelsea and their star upfront Zaha wanted to force a move out of the club till deadline day. Lack of incoming quality transfers with only 7.6 million EUR spent and Gary Cahill coming for free suggests Palace may fall short of last year's results.

Meanwhile, Everton reinforced almost all positions of their squad and only lost 1 key player - Idrissa Guye, who may have been very good defensively but some pundits reckon he did not add anything to the team's attacking play. Everton did manage to replace Guye with the defensive midfielder Gbambin from Mainz that can even score goals and added one of Europe's hottest young talents - Moise Kean from Juventus.

All in all it seems justified that the odds for Everton have shortened from 2.6 to 2.37 on bet365 since @StevieDay1983 opened this topic few weeks ago and I am happy to back them as well.

Livërpool vs Norwich✔️ 1(3-0)

Saturday 

Westham vs Man city ✔️2(1-2)

Bournemouth vs Sheff untd✔️ X(2-2)

Burnley vs sotton X(2-2)

C.palace vs Everton ✔️X(1-1)

Watford vs Brighton 1(2-1)

Spurs vs A. Villa✔️ 1(2-1)

Sunday

Leicester vs Wolves 1(2-1)

Newcastle  vs Arsenal ✔️2(0-3)

Man u vs Chelsea ✔️1(3-1)

Edited by Gedkip
Results

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Premier League

Man City have won their last 14 matches in Premier League.
There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 83% of Watford’s last 12 games in Premier League.
West Ham have won their last 3 matches in Premier League.

You can find interesting 50 Football Betting Streaks for 10.08.2019 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-10-08-2019-15186

I´ve got some good Feelings about Saturday Games. I´ve good in 2 Games the Both2Score with Bournemouth-Sheffield and Burnley-Saints Games....

Also i´m on Everton - they made good signs and Palace in my eyes a very good Opponente for first game. Because Everton not that strong in Defensive and Palace for me not that good Offensive Machine, even now Zaha is in the best Mood.

Also i´m on Watford to win. Brighton will have a difficult season i think. They will fight long for a Place above 18th...

First week always tricky in my eyes.  I try to keep it simple and don't play much early on.  Here are my quick thoughts on Saturday's games

West Ham/City - this game is just a huge pass for me.  I've got City tipped to win the league and they are just a fantastic side.  But, I do like West Ham quite a bit this year.  A full year with Lanzini, Anderson hit his form late - and I love the Fornals and Haller pickups. But, will take a while for this team to congeal.  Meanwhile, City pretty much the same as last year.  Kompany and Delph gone, Rodri on, this team will be fantastic this year.  Just the odds aren't right for any play to me.  City will be content with a win, West Ham will want to play well, early game, probably a 2-1, 3-1 final but who knows.  No play.

Bournemouth/Sheffield United - this will be a small play.  Both teams will want to do all they can to pickup points where they can.  In my eyes, Sheffield United has not done near enough to improve their side to stay in the premier league.  They should be relegated.  Bournemouth at home at evs seems a great play here, but, just a small play nonetheless.

Burnley/Southampton - Another game where I like the home side.  I have also tipped Southampton to drop. They are a great feeder club, but dont do anything to improve themselves.  Burnley at home is strong and Dyche is a great manager.  Shop around, get a great price and anything above +175 or so is a good play in my eyes.

Crystal Palace/Everton - CP is a team in flux yet again.  Zaha doesn't want to be there and in my eyes, this is a club that just doesn't do enough to improve themselves at all.  Sell AWB for a nice profit but who they bring in?  Seems to me they are always losing players and never bringing in quality in return.  Everton is a team that I absolutely loved their transfer season.  Gomes, Delph, Kean and Iwobi in. Only significant loss was Gueye.  I mean, this was probably the best business in the premier league this summer.  But, this doesn't necessarily equate to immediate results.  Either way, I'm all in on Everton this game if I can get +140 or better.

Watford/Brighton - two years back, Watford finished a point above Brighton in the table.  The last year, Watford may significant improvements, while Brighton stayed the same, and well Watford shot up the table, improved nearly 10 points and 5 positions, while Brighton fell to just 2 points above the drop.  Watford looks to be about the same, and Brighton took action and brought in a number of players to help improve their side.  I think this will take some time to gel so I like the home side here at evs or better.

Everton @ 2.5 Betfair  Made some decent signings imo, where as palace lost few key players and Zaha wanting to leave wouldn’t have helped the situation, Everton to strong i feel.

Bournemouth @ evs bet fair similar to above few decent additions, where as Sheffield u haven’t strengthened enough and are in for a tough season imo, fair price on home win.

Gl.

Edited by LimMouse

On 8/8/2019 at 8:49 AM, sajtion said:

EVERTON WIN, 0-2 FINAL RESULT

On 8/8/2019 at 10:29 PM, vicsuna said:

All in all it seems justified that the odds for Everton have shortened from 2.6 to 2.37 on bet365 since @StevieDay1983 opened this topic few weeks ago and I am happy to back them as well.

14 hours ago, Neubs said:

Also i´m on Everton

10 hours ago, dylanphan said:

I'm all in on Everton this game if I can get +140 or better.

6 hours ago, LimMouse said:

Everton @ 2.5 Betfair

Newcastle vs Arsenal

The opening weekend of the Premier League season continues into Sunday and Arsenal will look to take their first step back towards qualifying for Champions League football with a visit to Newcastle for a 2pm BST kick-off at St James' Park. We've seen some expected results and some surprise score-lines so far. What will these two sides throw up in this encounter?

Newcastle appeared to be a club in disarray at the start of this summer. The departure of the popular Rafa Benitez drew criticism from the Toon Army fans. Things got worse when the club sold key player Ayoze Perez to Leicester for £30 million. When Steve Bruce was appointed as manager it looked like the club was being tipped for relegation before the season had even started. Since then, Bruce has worked hard to win over the fans. Over £65 million has been spent on improving the squad with the likes of Joelinton, Allain Saint-Maximin, Emil Krafth, and Andy Carroll. It still feels like this Magpies team is lacking all over the park.

Arsenal are another side that have endured their own controversy over the summer. Unai Emery was criticised for letting Aaron Ramsey leave for Juventus on a free. Laurent Koscielny then left the club under a cloud. However, the Gunners have worked hard to improve their squad in the areas needed. The £75 million signing of Nicolas Pepe being the stand-out signing with Gabriel Martinelli, David Luiz, and Kieran Tierney also coming in. Is this the season Arsenal break back into the top four?

For all the strengthening these sides have done over the summer it seems they still haven't addressed the key issues. Newcastle are still left wanting across the park and Arsenal's defensive frailties won't really improve with David Luiz and the lack of a central midfielder to replace the outgoing Ramsey. I still think Arsenal are a class above Newcastle and their front three is frightening. It's arguably on a level with the front three possessed by Manchester City and Liverpool. I'm expecting a solid Arsenal win but we could see goals with neither defence in the best of shape heading into this game.

Arsenal -1 @ 3.50 with SpreadEx

Total Goals Scored Over 2.5 @ 1.83 with BetVictor

Sundays fixtures:

Leicester is too heavily favored in my eyes.  Maguire is going to be a massive loss to the confidence of this team.  I don't see why Wolves are so short, I mean they finished ahead of Leicester last year, no?   Give me Wolves at +260 and DNB at +160 here all day.  I don't think Wolves will finish as high as last year, but see no reason why they can't get a result here tomorrow.

I like Arsenal quite a bit this year.  Lacazette/PEA and now Pepe in the attack.  Tierney and Luiz should be good gets in defense.  It make take a few weeks for this team to find their best 11, but I think they should have no issues vs Newcastle this week.  Losing Rafa is going to be a a huge issue for Newcastle.  I don't usually put a full unit on a first weekend fixture, but Arsenal are in my eyes the best bet of the weekend.

I will probably make a small bet on ManUnited this weekend, but in all honesty, this is a supporter bet more than anything else.  Chelsea is going to feel the loss of Hazard for sure.  United was able to keep Pogba which was key, and grabbed Maguire and AWB.  They are at home, and I think they need a result.  I'm really not sold at all on Ole as boss, but I'm not at all sold with Lampard as a manager either.  I don't mind getting +125 here at home opening weekend.  

Manchester United vs Chelsea

The big game this weekend comes from Old Trafford at 4:30pm BST on Sunday afternoon when Manchester United and Chelsea play each other. It could well be an early indicator as to who is better prepared for a push at the top four and Champions League qualification. Former players Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and Frank Lampard will also go head-to-head for the first time as managers rather than players.

Manchester United are currently in a period of huge transition. The permanent appointment of Solskjaer was met with mixed opinion. The Norwegian started his reign at United in impressive form but by the end of the season there were massive question marks over his tactics and team selection. It has generally been a positive transfer window for the Red Devils with record signing Paul Pogba remaining with the club and the additions of Daniel James, Aaron Wan-Bissaka, and Harry Maguire addressing some key holes in the squad. However, the departure of main striker Romelu Lukaku to Inter Milan without a replacement being brought in does leave the club relying on the youthfulness of Marcus Rashford, Anthony Martial, and Mason Greenwood for their goals.

Chelsea will enter this season having been under a transfer embargo. Lampard has expressed his desire to give youth a chance. The departure of Eden Hazard to Real Madrid is a big blow to the Blues and David Luiz's exit to Arsenal left some bemused but there's plenty of young talent available to Lampard such as Ruben Loftus-Cheek, Mason Mount, Callum Hudson-Odoi, and Tammy Abraham. It'll be interesting to see how they do this season when given opportunities.

Talk about two of the recent greats of the Premier League going through a time of evolution. It's an exciting but dangerous time for both of these clubs. Get it right and they could be beckoning in a new era of dominance. Get it wrong and they face the abyss. A number of clubs outside the top six are knocking on the door and both of these sides are looking potentially vulnerable. I think both managers will see this as a must-not-lose game. I saw United play AC Milan at the Millennium Stadium last week and I was far from convinced. I just think there have been such huge changes at Chelsea that they may need more time to adapt. I'm tempted to back the draw but I think United could sneak the win.

Manchester United to Win @ 2.25 with Betway

BTTS @ 1.80 with Paddy Power