** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Premier League Predictions > Sep 28th - 30th

how aston villa lost that match against arsenal last time is strange. they should have come away with three points. burnley are good at scraping and i can't see aston villa getting the better of them. i'm taking burnley to win

west ham are doing terrific in the league but this will be a challenge for them. i don't think they are that good defensively and bournemouth has a knack of scoring goals. they can cut open any team on their day. i wonder how much west ham league position and unbeaten run will give them confidence. perhaps i am naive of thinking to go with west ham but both teams to score is a given.

Everton v Man City

The Norwich City game against Man CIty was just one of those really weird days. Take nothing away from Norwich, they were great .... but normally a team like City would find a way. Man CIty know they are 5 points behind Liverpool, and one of the ways to catch up 1 extra point is to beat Liverpool on goal difference. So I expect City to be very aggressive in going after goals. There will not be much sitting back and cruising at 3-0. They are going to spank teams 5 and 6, and they will do this surprisingly often.

Everton are just such a weird team it is crazy.  They go into the game against Shff U with such good home form, and just don't show. Bizarre.

I think they get an absolute hiding from a Man CIty team that will counter it's defensive woes by banging in bucket loads of goals.

The away win and over 2.5 goals is about 1.7 and looks as close to a banker that I can find this weekend. 

I think Man CIty cover the 3.5 goals and win which is at odds of 2.3

Edited by neilovan

Crystal Palace vs Norwich

It's an intriguing week in the Premier League with a few fixtures coming up that are very tough to call. The game we're going to preview first is the 3pm BST kick-off this Saturday afternoon between Crystal Palace and Norwich. Both sides will be relatively satisfied with their starts to the season but they will also see this as a game where they can add to their win count.

Crystal Palace were tipped by a few people to potentially struggle this season. The ongoing transfer saga involving Wilfried Zaha over the summer could have ruined the club from the inside but manager Roy Hodgson has done well to keep things tight within the team unit. The Eagles have won 2, drawn 2, and lost 2 of their 6 league games so far. The 2-1 win away to Manchester United being the highlight of the campaign.

Norwich have surprised a number of fans and pundits with their bold passing approach to the top flight. Championship observers won't be shocked to see them flourish in the top division. Even though the Canaries have only managed 2 wins and 4 defeats it feels like their performances have deserved more. Their losses to Liverpool and Chelsea were not unexpected with the loss against the Blues particular hard to swallow. Provided talisman Teemu Pukki keeps scoring then they'll have a chance against anyone.

On the face of it, you would be forgiven for feeling that this is Palace's game to lose all day long. Unbeaten at home this season against a newly promoted side that have lost all three of their away games this season. I just feel an away result is coming for Norwich. If they can stick to the way they are playing then it will pay off. Had Pukki scored that chance at 0-0 against Burnley last week it's a different game. He'll likely get a similar opportunity this week and maybe he'll score. I'm not sure they'll win but I can certainly see Daniel Farke's side getting a draw in this match.

Draw @ 3.84 with Marathonbet

BTTS @ 1.67 with RedZone

@Mindfulness, @Pep004, @MaliMisko12, @betcatalog, @sajtion, @godofhorses, @Tiffy, @waynecoyne, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @Duke_Tm, @dogmeister, @Arkadi Manucharov, @derbent, @fat, @allyhibs, @6avin24, @discipline, @the bastardian, @Bronxie, @Bett@KikoCy, @teddybear3011, @markus808, @allthethings, @Kenton Schweppes, @vasilli07, @Dylan Lynch, @neilovan, @JKos, @zemo91, @kulikTS, @mrclubbie, @Judeksi, @Henind666, @Teodore, @kilkenny1, @newjack, @PokerWolf1, @Dave1X2, @real55555, @jazzman02, @Ameer13, @Gedkip, @mcsilks, @MangoTheThird, @Roy The Boy, @DonPaulo, @Duckets, @yossa6133, @sjuesju, @dylanphan, @thfc, @Dboston, @Dr. Florida192, @money44, @1moregoal, @ggm31v, @EuroDream, @ndanmak, @cummins91, @vicsuna, @abigail, @Carovie, @thfc, @Hitch, @Ameer, @LimMouse, @freddie01, @Ulrik, @i1_principe, @BobEire, @doverwhite, @jimbo584and @AndreBR.

Man United v Arsenal

My feeling is that Man United and Arsenal are just too inconsistent to have a large (MATCH WINNER) bet on at the moment.

United are hampered by Pogba who is a disruption. He wants away, and they should sell him to Real Madrid for 100million +.  Rather have 2 new 50 million pound midfielders that Poggie, that will give less problems, and cost less, and give more effort. For me it is a no-brainer. If they can get it done in Januray then great. C ya!

At the moment Pogba is a bad fit  for United. I say this for a number of reasons;

1) He is no leader. You can't build a team around this guy.

2) He feels he is bigger than the club. He is definitely putting his own interests first all the time, not helped by Ole bending over to accommodate him :spank

3) He has an agent  that causes friction and discontentment :cigar

4) His attitude is that he does not want to be part of a 3 year Man United rebuilding cycle. He wants to play in the Champions League, and craves the spotlight.  

OK, NP sell him for the maximum. Seriously, how many really good games has he had for United in his stay there? 5 maybe...:wall

Rather sell him and get two new midfielders that will give 100% and have a consistent rating of 6.5 to 8 most weeks.

Both Arsenal and United are conceding goals. United have the problem of not scoring enough, and are definitely a center forward short. Obviously the deal from Inter (for Lukaku sweetend with the Sanchez loan) was to good too turn down. But the injury to Martial has really screwed them. How is it possible that a team of the size of United have no center forward? Quite interesting in that both Morata and Lukaku are gone from the Premier league...

Arsenal have such a potent threat upfront. This is a team that will score goals. Aubameyang takes his chances well, but Lacazette will be missed. I do feel that Arsenal have more confidence than United at the moment, and it should just give them a slight edge.

Between these two inconsistent, relatively fairly matched teams, I would definitely be going over 2.5 goals in the game, instead of trying to find a winner.

Edited by neilovan

Aston Villa Vs Burnley perhaps isn't a fixture that leaps out as a good game, but from a betting perspective i'm with Burnley.  Burnley have drawn their last two PL games, albeit with a last minute equaliser against Brighton.  Then again, they let in a last minute equaliser to Wolves so these things perhaps even themselves out. 

Villa are very inconsistent, which is perhaps not surprising for a team with such a high turnover of players.  Villa also played in midweek while Burnley have had the week to prepare for this one.

I'm going to take Burnley DNB at 2.2 (betfair) as I think they are the better team with a more settled squad and I don't see them losing at Villa Park.

I quite like the price on Bournemouth to beat West Ham.  Bournemouth have a good record against West Ham since coming up to the PL, winning 4, drawing 2 and losing 2.   

Bournemouth did the double over West Ham last season and for me both teams will be looking to finish in and around the top 10 by the end of the season, so i'd say they are fairly evenly matched.  I'm not sure with the home advantage why there is hardly any difference in the price between the two teams.  For me, Bournemouth are overpriced and should be a little shorter.  Therefore i'm going with the straight win at 2.5 but also a little on Bournemouth and BTTS at 4s (bet365).  Bournemouth have either won or lost their last 4 PL games 3-1 so a 3-1 win would do me very nicely!

And lastly, through gritted teeth, Arsenal have to be worth a punt at 3s (betfred). 

It's been suggested by OGS that Rashford and Martial are unlikely to play, and Pogba is doubtful (though him being missing could be a good thing!).  Utd look like they may end up playing without a recognised striker with maybe James up front or that Greenwood kid. 

I know Arsenal are poor defensively, but they are strong up front and have scored in every match so far this season.  They will score at least one in this match which could well be enough to win as even with Rashford/Martial etc, Utd have not been prolific this season after the 4-0 Chelsea win.  

I'll also take a small amount on Arsenal to win to nil at 6.5 (unibet).  Risky with Arsenals defensive record but if they are ever going to keep a clean sheet away from home, Utd in their current state looks a good place for them to do it.

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Premier League

Norwich have lost with at least a 2 goal margin in their last 3 away matches in Premier League.
Liverpool have scored at least 2 goals in their last 15 matches in Premier League.
There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Man City’s last 7 games in Premier League.
Brighton have failed to score in 71% of their last 7 away matches in Premier League.

You can find interesting 61 Football Betting Streaks for 28.09.2019 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-28-09-2019-15879

2 hours ago, thfc said:

And lastly, through gritted teeth, Arsenal have to be worth a punt at 3s (betfred). 

It's been suggested by OGS that Rashford and Martial are unlikely to play, and Pogba is doubtful (though him being missing could be a good thing!).  Utd look like they may end up playing without a recognised striker with maybe James up front or that Greenwood kid. 

I know Arsenal are poor defensively, but they are strong up front and have scored in every match so far this season.  They will score at least one in this match which could well be enough to win as even with Rashford/Martial etc, Utd have not been prolific this season after the 4-0 Chelsea win.  

I'll also take a small amount on Arsenal to win to nil at 6.5 (unibet).  Risky with Arsenals defensive record but if they are ever going to keep a clean sheet away from home, Utd in their current state looks a good place for them to do it.

That win to NIL bet is just so tricky to win. There is always some stupid goal or weird stuff that  kills it.

Chelsea FC vs Brighton

Chelsea FC

Doubtful: Olivier Giroud (3/0 f, illness)

Out (injuries/other): Emerson (5/0 d), Antonio Rudiger (1/0 d), Ruben Loftus-Cheek (0/0 m), Marco van Ginkel (0/0 m)

Suspended: -

Brighton

Doubtful: -

Out (injuries/other): Shane Duffy (4/0 d), Solomon March (5/0 m), Bernardo (2/0 d), Ezequiel Schelotto (0/0 d), Leon Balogun (0/0 d), Jose Izquierdo (0/0 f), Leandro Trossard (3/1 f)

Crystal Palace vs Norwich City

Crystal Palace

Doubtful: Connor Wickham (2/0 f), Mamadou Sakho (3/0 d)

Out (injuries/other): -

Norwich City

Doubtful: Mario Vrancic (2/0 m), Ralf Fahrmann (0/0 g)

Out (injuries/other): Tim Krul (6/0 first goalkeeper), Alexander Tettey (3/0 m, captain), Christoph Zimmermann (1/0 d), Timm Klose (0/0 d), Onel Hernandez (1/0 m), Tom Trybull (4/0 m)

Suspended:

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

21 hours ago, neilovan said:

That win to NIL bet is just so tricky to win. There is always some stupid goal or weird stuff that  kills it.

I often quite like a cheeky win to nil bet. That's me being a defender though! I'd never back Arsenal to win to nil in a million years though! Especially not with David Luiz in defence and Granit Xhaka in the DM role!

2 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

I often quite like a cheeky win to nil bet. That's me being a defender though! I'd never back Arsenal to win to nil in a million years though! Especially not with David Luiz in defence and Granit Xhaka in the DM role!

I shouldn't be either as a spurs fan!  It's just hard to see Man Utd scoring in this game with their current problems so it was more a bet against Man U than it was pro Arsenal and their defence in particular.  Only had a tiny stake on the win to nil so let's wait and see.

Leicester vs Newcastle

The solitary Premier League game today is the clash between high-flying Leicester and lowly Newcastle in a 4:30pm BST kick-off at the King Power Stadium. The odds are heavily backing the home side here and it's hard to argue against that. The turmoil continues at the Tyneside club and there are already calls for Steve Bruce to be replaced. Can they pull off a shock win in this game?

Leicester were backed by a fair few pundits and punters to be the team most likely to breach the reputed "top six". Brendan Rodgers has come in and done a brilliant job so far turning this side into an attacking team with plenty of threat going forward. The Foxes are currently in 5th place with 11 points from 6 league games. 3 wins in their last 4 games has helped them to this position and the 1-0 defeat away to Manchester United has so far been their only blip.

Newcastle's situation isn't surprising many people. It seems to be a constant state now that the club's fans are disillusioned with life under Mike Ashley. Reports have suggested that Peter Kenyon is on the verge of completing a takeover and that would surely jeopardise Bruce's position as manager. Until then, it's business as usual. The Magpies are 19th in the table with just 1 win all season. It's now 3 league games without a win and only a win today will take them out of the bottom three.

Interestingly, Newcastle fans might have reason to be optimistic today. The club have won on their last two visits to the King Power Stadium but both of those were under the experienced stewardship of Rafa Benitez. The last four meetings between these two sides have also been won by the away side. Unfortunately, I don't see anything suggesting Newcastle will win this. The strikers can't hit a barn door, the defence looks unstructured, and there is such a lack of creativity in midfield. Compare it to the slick unit that is Leicester and it's a no brainer.

Leicester -1 @ 2.75 with SpreadEx

Leicester HT/FT @ 2.50 with BetVictor

Manchester United vs Arsenal

Arsenal +0 @ 2.16 with Pinnacle looks tasty to me. Like said before, I don't feel like Pogba wants to be in ManU anymore and that's a big drawback for them. Also ManU has already dropped plenty of points to weaker sides like Palace, West Ham and Southampton. Arsenal has only lost once and that was against Liverpool so I don't consider that a huge blow for them. Arsenal has had some problems at the back but to me ManU just doesn't feel like the team which could comfortably win matches against the bigger teams in PL. My gut says OGS just isn't the right kind of a manager for the team.

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Premier League

Arsenal have conceded at least 2 goals in their last 4 matches in Premier League.
There have been under 2.5 goals scored in 80% of Man Utd’s last 10 games in Premier League.
There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Arsenal’s last 5 games in Premier League.

You can find interesting 29 Football Betting Streaks for 30.09.2019 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-30-09-2019-15956

The Monday Night Football for this week is the hotly-anticipated (albeit likely to be anti-climactic) clash between Manchester United and Arsenal in an 8pm kick-off at Old Trafford. Both of these teams are a shadow of their former glories that used to dominate English football in the 90s and 00s but they remain in the hunt for a top four spot. Who will prevail victorious here?

Manchester United are faltering under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer. As a Cardiff fan, I can only say I told you so. Some of his supporters have laid the blame at the door of the Glazer family, Ed Woodward, the players, and a lack of fortune. Personally, I think is tactical ineptitude and lack of leadership skills have been exposed. The Red Devils are 11th in the Premier League and closer to the relegation zone than the Champions League qualification spots. It's just 2 wins in the league this season for Solskjaer's side. Just 1 win in their last 5 league games. The consolation is that 2 of their 3 home games in the league have ended in wins.

Arsenal did look to be heading in the right direction under Unai Emery after he succeeded Arsene Wenger. Unfortunately, an obscure transfer window has left his side arguably weaker than last season. The Gunners are down in 8th place but a win here would propel them up in the top four and with just 1 defeat in 6 league games this season you have to say they appear to be in a much better place than their reputed top four rivals of Manchester United and Chelsea.

One major issue for United is their injury list right now. It looks like Solskjaer will be left to choose between Jesse Lingard and Mason Greenwood to start up top with Marcus Rashford and Anthony Martial both injured. I suppose that's what you get for selling Romelu Lukaku and not replacing him despite record revenues streams. Statistics do breathe hope for United fans though. Arsenal are without a win in their last 12 Premier League away games at Old Trafford and have only won 3 of their last 27 top flight league games there. However, if United fail to win it'll be the first time since 1989/90 that they've not hit double points after 7 league games. I just have no confidence in United right now. The Rochdale loss in the EFL Cup was a joke and I can see Arsenal getting at least a draw but wouldn't be surprised to see an away win.

Arsenal Draw No Bet @ 2.21 with Marathonbet

Anytime Scorer: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang @ 2.40 with BetVictor

4 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

The Monday Night Football for this week is the hotly-anticipated (albeit likely to be anti-climactic) clash between Manchester United and Arsenal in an 8pm kick-off at Old Trafford. Both of these teams are a shadow of their former glories that used to dominate English football in the 90s and 00s but they remain in the hunt for a top four spot. Who will prevail victorious here?

Manchester United are faltering under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer. As a Cardiff fan, I can only say I told you so. Some of his supporters have laid the blame at the door of the Glazer family, Ed Woodward, the players, and a lack of fortune. Personally, I think is tactical ineptitude and lack of leadership skills have been exposed. The Red Devils are 11th in the Premier League and closer to the relegation zone than the Champions League qualification spots. It's just 2 wins in the league this season for Solskjaer's side. Just 1 win in their last 5 league games. The consolation is that 2 of their 3 home games in the league have ended in wins.

Arsenal did look to be heading in the right direction under Unai Emery after he succeeded Arsene Wenger. Unfortunately, an obscure transfer window has left his side arguably weaker than last season. The Gunners are down in 8th place but a win here would propel them up in the top four and with just 1 defeat in 6 league games this season you have to say they appear to be in a much better place than their reputed top four rivals of Manchester United and Chelsea.

One major issue for United is their injury list right now. It looks like Solskjaer will be left to choose between Jesse Lingard and Mason Greenwood to start up top with Marcus Rashford and Anthony Martial both injured. I suppose that's what you get for selling Romelu Lukaku and not replacing him despite record revenues streams. Statistics do breathe hope for United fans though. Arsenal are without a win in their last 12 Premier League away games at Old Trafford and have only won 3 of their last 27 top flight league games there. However, if United fail to win it'll be the first time since 1989/90 that they've not hit double points after 7 league games. I just have no confidence in United right now. The Rochdale loss in the EFL Cup was a joke and I can see Arsenal getting at least a draw but wouldn't be surprised to see an away win.

Arsenal Draw No Bet @ 2.21 with Marathonbet

Anytime Scorer: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang @ 2.40 with BetVictor

I like your sugestion especially for Aubameyang to score anytime,why?Because Man United defenders doesnt have pace like Aubi likes