** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Premier League Predictions > Apr 20th - 24th

eplratings.jpg

The next round of Premier League fixture odds and ratings are available. We still have a fair bit of action left from the previous round but it's never too early to speculate about what bets to place. Here are the stats you need so take a look and let us know what bets you're putting down. :ok

huddersfield are interesting bet and you have to take into consideration there is no pressure on them and are playing at home. they have had nine matches this season where the scoreline was 1-0 for or against them and although they didn't have quite the edge this season to stay up it shows one third of their games were tight. watford are great one minute and awful the next. what can we expect from them on saturday. they will have deeney out serving suspension so i see value on huddersfield nicking this match.

it's been obvious this season that wolverhampton turned up for big games but were lacklustre against lower team. brighton have to regroup and try to be hard to beat this weekend. i can't see them winning this match but a point will solid result for them so i am on double chance brighton and draw 

Any obvious reason why Leicester are big favourites to win at West Ham?  On paper, West Ham's form is poor, with 4 losses in 5, although 3 of those were away.  I watched their game against Man U last weekend and they didn't deserve to lose the game and really should have won.  Leicester also coming off a loss in their last game at home to Newcastle which halted their good form of late.

I really don't see why Leicester are such big favourites to win this one, and other than trying to finish 7th which might get you in Europe, there is nothing much to play for for either team.  For me both teams are on a similar level of ability and no result would surprise me.  West Ham have home advantage, and as they are nearly a point bigger than the Leicester price, I think they are definitely worth a punt at 3.4 (betfair).

Good luck @StevieDay1983 if you try and preview the Man City Spurs game.  After the emotion of last night I have absolutely no idea what the mindset of either team will be!

Manchester City vs Tottenham

It only seems like yesterday that Manchester City and Tottenham had played each other. Oh wait, it bloody was! The two sides meet again on Saturday in a 12:30pm kick-off at the Etihad Stadium but this time it will be in the Premier League rather than the Champions League.

Manchester City will be licking their wounds after that gut-wrenching defeat to Tottenham on Wednesday night. Pep Guardiola's side managed to win the game 4-3 but drew 4-4 on aggregate so went out on away goals. The climax to the game was nothing short of dramatic. This game gives the Citizens an immediate chance to gain revenge and bounce back to winning ways. City have only lost one league game at home all season and that was the 3-2 defeat to Crystal Palace back on 22nd December, 2018.

Tottenham are still celebrating reaching the Champions League Semi-Finals, or the European Cup equivalent, for the first time since 1962 when they were managed by the legendary Bill Nicholson. Can the players get their heads settled before this match? It'll be a tall order. The pressure is still on to be a part of next season's Champions League with Spurs currently in 3rd place but only 1 point inside the top four.

@thfc, you're right, it's almost impossible to call this one. I was way off on the game last night but I think City could be a wounded animal lashing out here. Guardiola has the luxury of a stronger squad depth compared to Mauricio Pochettino's side. I think those fresh legs could make all the difference. Unfortunately, I have to back a convincing City win.

Manchester City -1 @ 1.74 with SportPesa

Manchester City HT/FT @ 1.85 with Ladbrokes

@Mindfulness, @Pep004, @MaliMisko12, @betcatalog, @sajtion, @godofhorses, @Tiffy, @waynecoyne, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @Duke_Tm, @dogmeister, @Arkadi Manucharov, @derbent, @fat, @allyhibs, @6avin24, @discipline, @the bastardian, @Bronxie, @Bett@KikoCy, @teddybear3011, @markus808, @allthethings, @Kenton Schweppes, @vasilli07, @Dylan Lynch, @neilovan, @JKos, @zemo91, @kulikTS, @mrclubbie, @Judeksi, @Henind666, @Teodore, @kilkenny1, @newjack, @PokerWolf1, @Dave1X2, @real55555, @jazzman02, @Ameer13, @Gedkip, @mcsilks, @MangoTheThird, @Roy The Boy, @DonPaulo, @Duckets, @yossa6133, @sjuesju, @dylanphan, @thfc, @Dboston, @Dr. Florida192, @money44, @1moregoal, @ggm31v, @EuroDream, @ndanmak, @cummins91, @vicsuna, @abigail, @Carovie, @thfc, @Hitch, and @AndreBR, are you guys planning any bets this weekend?

41 minutes ago, Jammycnut said:

I am on a treble this week, I can see Wolves winning convincingly against an out of form Brighton side so it is -1 for me. Later in the week I expect Tottenham to keep up the pressure to Brighton's sphincter until they're shitting blood so this will also be on the -1 and then finally next week I am adding Newcastle to win with a healthy handicap against you guessed in Brighton, who ironically will need a wheelchair by then what with the prolapsed anus and all. 

Treble x -1 on Brighton getting buggered in every game comes in at 11.5.

are you in denial about something?

5 hours ago, Jammycnut said:

I am on a treble this week, I can see Wolves winning convincingly against an out of form Brighton side so it is -1 for me. Later in the week I expect Tottenham to keep up the pressure to Brighton's sphincter until they're shitting blood so this will also be on the -1 and then finally next week I am adding Newcastle to win with a healthy handicap against you guessed in Brighton, who ironically will need a wheelchair by then what with the prolapsed anus and all. 

Treble x -1 on Brighton getting buggered in every game comes in at 11.5.

Are you 13 years old?

Brighton -1,-1,-1 ???.... Jammycnut,your not the Crystal Palace fan that was once famously taken advantage off by a bunch of Brighton fans on Brighton beach whilst drunk a few years back..Legend has it a stick of Brighton rock and a jar of vasoline were involved ???.. Oooeeeerr.

Manchester City - Tottenham
Manchester City(1.27) 3-0 FT

West Ham - Leicester City
West Ham(3.15) 1-0 FT

Wolves - Brighton
Draw(3.45) 2-2 FT

Huddersfield Town - Watford
Watford(1.87) 1-3 FT

Bournemouth - Fulham
Draw(4.20) 1-1 FT

Newcastle Utd - Southampton
Southampton(3.15) 1-2 FT

Everton - Manchester Utd
Draw(3.45) 0-0 FT

Arsenal - Crystal Palace
Arsenal(1.53) 3-0 FT

Cardiff City - Liverpool
Liverpool(1.19) 1-4 FT

Chelsea - Burnley
Chelsea(1.25) 2-0 FT

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Premier League

Manchester City have scored 2 goals or more in each of their last 4 matches in Premier League.
Tottenham have scored in 94% of their away matches in Premier League.
Brighton & Hove have failed to score in their last 4 matches in Premier League.

You can find interesting 152 Football Betting Streaks for 20.04.2019 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-20-04-2019-14097

Manchester City vs Tottenham

Manchester City

Doubtful: Oleksandr Zinchenko (9/0 m)

Out (injuries/other): Claudio Bravo (0/0 g)

Suspended: 

Tottenham

Doubtful: Eric Dier (16/2 m), Harry Winks (26/1 m)

Out (injuries/other): Moussa Sissoko (27/0 m), Harry Kane (28/17 f, top scorer), Serge Aurier (8/0 d), Erik Lamela (18/4 m)

Suspended: 

Bournemouth vs Fulham FC

Bournemouth

Doubtful: 

Out (injuries/other): Charlie Daniels (21/1 d), Diego Rico (12/0 d), Andrew Surman (18/0 m), Simon Francis (17/0 d), Lewis Cook (13/0 m)

Suspended: 

Fulham FC

Doubtful: Timothy Fosu-Mensah (12/0 d)

Out (injuries/other): Lazar Markovic (1/0 m), Alfie Mawson (13/0 d), Marcus Bettinelli (7/0 g)

Suspended: 

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

It's so late last week in Manchester City and Tottenham Hotspur in the Champions League, especially on Wednesday night, that we expect to see their battle in the Championship. Frustration in the Guardiola team, which was out of line but remains the equally important goal of the championship, where it has no other room for loss. Surely we may not have seven goals in the match again, but we will have many goals
MANCHESTER CITY vs TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR @@ +3.50 Over, odds 2,10

12 hours ago, Gedkip said:

Manchester City - Tottenham
Manchester City(1.27) 3-0 FT

West Ham - Leicester City
West Ham(3.15) 1-0 FT

Wolves - Brighton
Draw(3.45) 2-2 FT

Huddersfield Town - Watford
Watford(1.87) 1-3 FT

Bournemouth - Fulham
Draw(4.20) 1-1 FT

Newcastle Utd - Southampton
Southampton(3.15) 1-2 FT

Everton - Manchester Utd
Draw(3.45) 0-0 FT

Arsenal - Crystal Palace
Arsenal(1.53) 3-0 FT

Cardiff City - Liverpool
Liverpool(1.19) 1-4 FT

Chelsea - Burnley
Chelsea(1.25) 2-0 FT

I totally agree with your prediciton of West Ham and Southampton.Something isnt going on at Newcastle,Rafa didnt get extraction of his contract,from his body language I can tell that he isnt impresed,he told that he will be profesional at he will get maximum of his player but really question is how are they motivate at the moment at how will he motivate them?

Man CIty v Tottenham-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My feeling is that Spurs get well beaten in this game. A number of reasons.

1) City will be smarting from the CL defeat and out for revenge.

2) The City squad is much deeper than Spurs, and they can easily bring in fresh, high quality replacements

3) Pep will definitely not play such an immobile back line again.  When attacked with pace they had no answers. Stones in for Kompany will make a huge difference..

4) City will find a better way to mark Son out of the game. They will learn from previous mistakes and make adjustments.

5) A slight change of tactics. If the wing backs for City bomb forward, and the opponent plays narrow, they are nullified (City don't cross the ball in the air that much). But, having no wing backs at home opens up both flanks to be counter attacked (which is what Spurs did). City will not  repeat the same mistakes.

6) Playing 2 games  in such a short period, definitely favors the team playing twice at home. You sleep in your own bed (probably:), and are in your home environment. The other team travels 3 times.

I like the home win and over 2.5 goals in this game.

Cardiff v Liverpool-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Realistically a bonus game for Cardiff. Nobody expects anything from them today.  4 Fixtures left. Man United away, Liverpool at home, Fulham away and Crystal Palace at home. In 3 of these games they could be playing opponents who's season is over.

The midweek win over Brighton, will make Liverpool's task very difficult here. The home team will definitely be up for the game. Realistically Cardiff have had a lot of dodgy decisions go against them. Maybe the wheel is turning. What goes around comes around, and they are due some decent fortune.

Cardiff to pack the defense and snatch a goal, holding on for a 1-1 draw, ending Liverpool's title dream. 

Everton v Man United------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are Man U going to make it into the CL spots this season?

They won't take point/s off  Man City, so at best they can get 76 points.  

Spurs should easily pass this, and Arsenal need just 10 points to equal it (beat them on goal difference). Arsenal  have 2 home games against Brighton and Palace (6pts). I would expect 2 home wins there. Then they need a win and a draw in 3 away games  (Leicester, Wolves and Burnley away). Very doable. 

I read somewhere that Man United players will lose up to 25% of their salaries if United don't qualify for Champions league. Maybe it will make it easier for United to shift them on.

The way  United are playing I would be surprised if they take all 3 points at Everton. The appointment of Solksjaer looks a premature disaster to me. It may have saved 50 million and a battle with Levy, but Potch should have been the man. Instead the have an unproven manager at the helm, who has zero track record. For players to demand Solksjaer be manager, is the equivalent of the inmates running the asylum. Ridiculous !

I watch United most games, and I don't see any plan, shape or game plan. It looks like a happier bunch of disorganized  strangers (mercenaries), with no methodology or structure. 

Everton, coming off wins against Arsenal and Chelsea will be no pushovers here.

Home double chance 1.67

Edited by neilovan

Cardiff vs Liverpool

OK, so @Tiffy's Brighton put a spanner in the works by grabbing a draw against Wolves. It's now over to my Cardiff side to try and pull off the near impossible by getting a win against Liverpool here to get back level on points with the Seagulls in this 4pm kick-off from the Cardiff City Stadium this afternoon.

Cardiff kept their thin hopes of staying up in the top flight alive with the 2-0 win over Brighton in midweek. Neil Warnock has played down his team's chances of winning here. I mean, understandably so, our last victory over the Reds came back on 19th December, 1959. That was Bill Shankly's first game as Liverpool manager.

We have lost 5 on the bounce against Liverpool in all competitions since then but one of those was the Capital One Cup Final defeat on penalties after a 2-2 draw. What a bloody emotional game that was! I seem to remember being quite drunk and getting topless behind the goal when Ben Turner scored that equaliser. That's another story anyway!

Liverpool need to win here to leapfrog their title rivals Manchester City into first place. Jurgen Klopp's side have looked nervy over recent weeks. The good news for the travelling side is that they have no new injury concerns and will be relishing this latest challenge having scored 13 goals in their last 3 meetings with Cardiff.

The stats don't show any favour towards Cardiff here at all. The major concern is the absence of Harry Arter through injury but also the potential injury of Aron Gunnarsson. If the Icelandic stalwart is out then we're screwed. We can cope without Arter but not him and Gunnarsson.

My beloved Bluebirds have only won 2 of their last 8 home league games. We pushed Chelsea and Arsenal close at home but we were thoroughly destroyed by Manchester United, Manchester City, and Tottenham so our performances against the top sides might have been mixed but have brought no points.

Sadly, I can't see us getting anything here. We gave Liverpool a good game up at Anfield before eventually succumbing to their attacking prowess. Maybe it'll be different in front of a fervent Cardiff City Stadium but I think Liverpool will have enough to win this game by 2 or 3 goals in the end. Our fate will be decided against Fulham and Crystal Palace, not necessarily in this game.

Liverpool HT/FT @ 1.70 with Sportingbet

Anytime Scorer: Mohamed Salah @ 1.91 with BetVictor

Arsenal vs. Crystal Palace

The Gunners are chasing a CL spot in what is a very tight race, and a win today would see them go third and above Spurs for the first time this season if I'm not mistaken. Arsenal's home form this season has been incredible, with 10 consecutive home wins in the EPL so far and only one loss against City on the opening day and two draws against Liverpool and Wolves. 

I think we're going to see another win here in what is a must-win game for them if they want to get one step closer to qualifying for the CL, especially given their away form, what has been rather poor this season.

The two main concerns are:

1. Arsenal just played in the Europa League on Thursday and managed to qualify to the semi-final over Napoli so they haven't had much time to rest and prepare for this match.
  2. Crystal Palace's form away from home is actually better than their home form. They rank 19th at home and 7th away from home.

Still, we have to consider that:

• 12 out of Arsenal's 14 home games this season were won by more than one goal.
  • While Crystal Palace did beat City at the Etihad this season, they had some wonder goals that game and they did lose against Liverpool, Chelsea, and Tottenham away from home.
  • Palace have the biggest difference in the league between their xG and actual goals scored away from home, suggesting they either have world-class strikers, or they've been a bit lucky. I think it's more the latter and I don't think they'll keep outplaying their xG as they have been.
  • Arsenal have improved defensively recently as they've conceded just one goal in their last seven matches in all competitions.

Overall, I think Arsenal have more to play for and they do relish playing these home games against weaker opposition.

Arsenal AH -1.0 @ 1.89 with Betfair

Chelsea have scored 33% of their goals after the 75th minute in Premier League.
Burnley have scored 2 goals or more in each of their last 3 matches in Premier League.

You can find interesting 43 Football Betting Streaks for 22.04.2019 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-22-04-2019-14113

40% of Tottenham’s conceded goals occurred after the 75th minute in Premier League.
Brighton & Hove have failed to score in their last 5 matches in Premier League.
Watford conceded at least 1 goal in each of their last 8 matches in Premier League.
Southampton have scored in each of their last 7 matches in Premier League.

You can find interesting 70 Football Betting Streaks for 23.04.2019 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-23-04-2019-14134

The Champions League is good for Tottenham Hotspur, but in the Premier League the four is still open and there is a lot of consolation among several teams. Against today he has Brighton and has the chance to return to victories after Saturday's defeat at derby against Manchester City by 1-0. The Londoners can go to match the match and get a lot of goals
TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs BRIGHTON & HOVE ALBION @@ +2.50 Over, odd 1.70

15 hours ago, betcatalog said:

The Champions League is good for Tottenham Hotspur, but in the Premier League the four is still open and there is a lot of consolation among several teams. Against today he has Brighton and has the chance to return to victories after Saturday's defeat at derby against Manchester City by 1-0. The Londoners can go to match the match and get a lot of goals
TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs BRIGHTON & HOVE ALBION @@ +2.50 Over, odd 1.70

I think it will be more of the same, as in the Wolves game. Brighton will go and look to preserve the point they start with. It will be 11 players defending for 90 minutes. U2.5 for me, or BTTS NO.

Wolverhampton have scored 39% of their goals after the 75th minute in Premier League.
76% of Manchester Utd’s matches had over 2.5 goals scored in Premier League.
Manchester City have won their last 10 matches in Premier League.
Arsenal conceded at least 1 goal in 94% of their away matches in Premier League.

You can find interesting 67 Football Betting Streaks for 24.04.2019 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-24-04-2019-14137