** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Premier League Predictions > Apr 20th - 24th

Wolves (0 AH) to beat Arsenal at 2.15 with Pinnacle

Wolves are not in their best shape lately, but they manage to raise the level when they play against the leading teams. At home they defeated Man Utd twice, Liverpool and Chelsea, so a new success here would not be a big surprise.  Arsenal has a problem with their visits, and they played too many games lately. I do not see Arsenal as the winner here, so home win for me.

Manchester United vs Manchester City

The better value is likely to be found in the Wolves versus Arsenal game tonight but given the sheer magnitude of this game how can we not preview the Manchester derby with Manchester United entertaining Manchester City tonight in an 8pm kick-off at Old Trafford with title and top four ramifications to be felt.

Manchester United have started to lose the fine form they had during the early days of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's reign. As a Cardiff fan, I'm not saying anything. I warned against his lack of tactical nous and I feel he's run out of juice in the new manager bounce tank. I feel if one team is going to miss out on the top four it's United now. The good news for the Red Devils is that Phil Jones has been ruled out injured! It's now 6 defeats in their last 8 matches in all competitions. It's their worst run of results since 1989.

Manchester City are can move top of the league with a win here. Pep Guardiola's side have won 10 league games in a row and have only conceded 1 goal in their last 4 league matches. It's a huge statement of intent by the Citizens who are doing everything they can to keep the pressure on Liverpool in the title race. Kevin De Bruyne is set to miss out through injury but City can simply draft in one of their other multi-million pound creative midfielders to replace him.

City have got the advantage over United at Old Trafford over recent years. Guardiola's team have won 5 of the last 7 visits to the stadium in the Premier League. If City win this game then they will have recorded the most amount of wins by a visiting club to Old Trafford during the Premier League era.

The defensive stability of United is a huge concern for me. United have conceded 48 goals so far this season. It's their worst defensive performance in a season since 1978/79. They have also now gone 11 competitive games without keeping a clean sheet. It's the first time that's happened since 1998.

I have a feeling this is only going one way. I've said for a while now that I still feel City will win the title. I'm not really sure where they will slip up now. United made a huge mistake by appointing Solskjaer full-time before the end of the season. Guardiola will outwit Solskjaer in every department with a better squad of players in finer form. I'd be amazed if United keep within one goal of City.

Manchester City HT/FT @ 2.30 with Ladbrokes

Manchester City -1 @ 2.30 with Betfair

Man United v Man CIty

The recent drop off in form for United must be a real worry.  But realistically this team/squad is miles off the pace. A huge turnover of players under van Gaal and Mourinho, coupled with terrible transfer business has set them back.

That the team slips back into this negative frame, with bad performance after bad performance is a sign of a weak mentality. It does not feel like a team of winners ... just comfortable millionaires. Solksjaer would not have been my first choice, but he is not to blame for the dross he inherited.

But there is simply no way to hit the on switch here. Against every top opponent that United have played this season, they have been outplayed, and a few cases, very lucky. They don't work hard or press the opponent. When they have the ball they give it away on the first forward pass. 

Can Man U play a back 4 against City ? Perhaps, but they will be totally overrun in midfield. If they go to a back 3 they will be exposed in the areas between the wing and the sides of the penalty box. They just don't have the defensive players to play this way. 

I think Sane and Bernardo Silva have a field day here, and tear United to pieces down the flanks.

Away win and over 2.5 goals would be my bet.

12 hours ago, Jammycnut said:

Not a particularly exciting game, the best part was when Spurs managed to finally slip one in. Well done to Brighton. Pity they couldn't go the full ninety without exposing a crack in their Defence. And there I was thinking it would be like an after party in Michael Barrymore's swimming pool. 

Give it a rest. Wasn't funny the first time, now you just sound like a dick.

Man Utd v MAN CITY

MAN CITY to Win 1.45

I will go for the City victory. Normally you would say this is a dangerous game to touch and Play with. (Maybe 2 months ago).  Do Man Utd have enough to open up Citys back door and penetrate through ? The answer is (NO).  And City will score,    So a 0-0 draw is unlikely. Therefore Utd need to score more Goals than City. Its a Hard one to fathom.

Even if Man Utd score 2 Goals, I still fancy Jesus, Aguero and Sterling to score. City are on fire and no one can stop them.  PSG, Barcelona have all won at Old trafford this season fairly comfortably and i expect City to drag them all over the park and Romp all over them.

If Lakaku plays, I will take the CITY -1 Goals....

Good luck. ...    

42 minutes ago, Jammycnut said:

There's a person named RIMMED posting after you You should tell them off too.

We're all for some comic relief around here, Jammy, but if you're going to adopt that approach then make sure you know your audience and that you're actually being funny. As a few others have posted already, it's a very immature posting tone you're adopting at the moment. Great to have you involved with your comments on the betting but maybe try a style of humour that's a bit above the year 9 toilet bowl level. :ok

13 hours ago, neilovan said:

Man United v Man CIty

The recent drop off in form for United must be a real worry.  But realistically this team/squad is miles off the pace. A huge turnover of players under van Gaal and Mourinho, coupled with terrible transfer business has set them back.

That the team slips back into this negative frame, with bad performance after bad performance is a sign of a weak mentality. It does not feel like a team of winners ... just comfortable millionaires. Solksjaer would not have been my first choice, but he is not to blame for the dross he inherited.

But there is simply no way to hit the on switch here. Against every top opponent that United have played this season, they have been outplayed, and a few cases, very lucky. They don't work hard or press the opponent. When they have the ball they give it away on the first forward pass. 

Can Man U play a back 4 against City ? Perhaps, but they will be totally overrun in midfield. If they go to a back 3 they will be exposed in the areas between the wing and the sides of the penalty box. They just don't have the defensive players to play this way. 

I think Sane and Bernardo Silva have a field day here, and tear United to pieces down the flanks.

Away win and over 2.5 goals would be my bet.

Both Bernardo and Leroy score , yet my bet loses. Real problem when a team is 2-0 up and stops playing. 

On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 2:05 PM, Rimmed said:

Man Utd v MAN CITY

MAN CITY to Win 1.45

I will go for the City victory. Normally you would say this is a dangerous game to touch and Play with. (Maybe 2 months ago).  Do Man Utd have enough to open up Citys back door and penetrate through ? The answer is (NO).  And City will score,    So a 0-0 draw is unlikely. Therefore Utd need to score more Goals than City. Its a Hard one to fathom.

Even if Man Utd score 2 Goals, I still fancy Jesus, Aguero and Sterling to score. City are on fire and no one can stop them.  PSG, Barcelona have all won at Old trafford this season fairly comfortably and i expect City to drag them all over the park and Romp all over them.

If Lakaku plays, I will take the CITY -1 Goals....

Good luck. ...    

Fantastic win guys