** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Premier League Predictions > Oct 5th & 6th

liverpool rode their luck in recent games and made mistakes which were not punished but leicester could give them their first loss of the season

everton cannot afford to lose this match. i thought in first half they were solid against man city and despite losing. this one is going to such a boring match and its hard to see any goals in it.

tottenham peaked in previous season's and i feel because they didn't win a trophy they are going through a slump. brighton to win

man utd are rubbish. it's like watching a bunch of schoolboys playing. newcastle could take them especially after their europa league trip away

arsenal is no better today than they were when wenger was coach. they do well in these kind of games but bournemouth can match them goal for goal.

Liverpool vs Leicester

One of the most exciting games this weekend is the thrilling clash between league leaders Liverpool and the impressive Leicester in a 3pm BST kick-off this Saturday afternoon at Anfield. These two sides have both won plaudits from fans and pundits alike this season. Will the home side extend their unbeaten start to the league season or will the visiting side inflict a first defeat on their hosts?

Liverpool sit proudly on top of the Premier League tree with a 100% record having won all 7 of their league games so far. There have been a few close calls for Jurgen Klopp's men and performances haven't quite hit the heights recently as at previous times. However, the 4-3 win over RB Salzburg on Wednesday night showed that the players have the grit and determination to grind out the results under pressure. Only two clean sheets in the league this season suggests the defensive issues need addressing but the back-line will be delighted with the 1-0 win over Sheffield United last weekend.

Leicester were backed by many to be a side that could potentially breach the reputed top six. As Chelsea and Manchester United toil further down the table, the Foxes are flying under Brendan Rodgers in 3rd place and could reduce the gap between themselves and the Reds to just 4 points with a victory here. 4 wins, 2 draws, and just 1 loss has left the 2015/16 Premier League champions in a great position. The stand out fact being Jamie Vardy scoring 14 goals in 17 matches since Rodgers took charge.

The obvious suggestion is that this game will have goals. Liverpool have only kept 3 clean sheets in 11 competitive matches this season whilst scoring an average of 2.36 goals per game this season. Leicester have scored 18 goals in 9 competitive games this season with 4 clean sheets achieved during that time. The sign of real champions is to win games when you're not at your best. Liverpool are managing that. I can see a 2-1 or 3-2 win for the home side in this one. Whatever the outcome, I'm expecting a game worth checking out!

Liverpool to Win & Over 2.5 Goals Scored @ 2.05 with Betfred

Anytime Scorer: Jamie Vardy @ 3.35 with Unibet

@Mindfulness, @Pep004, @MaliMisko12, @betcatalog, @sajtion, @godofhorses, @Tiffy, @waynecoyne, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @Duke_Tm, @dogmeister, @Arkadi Manucharov, @derbent, @fat, @allyhibs, @6avin24, @discipline, @the bastardian, @Bronxie, @Bett@KikoCy, @teddybear3011, @markus808, @allthethings, @Kenton Schweppes, @vasilli07, @Dylan Lynch, @neilovan, @JKos, @zemo91, @kulikTS, @mrclubbie, @Judeksi, @Henind666, @Teodore, @kilkenny1, @newjack, @PokerWolf1, @Dave1X2, @real55555, @jazzman02, @Ameer13, @Gedkip, @mcsilks, @MangoTheThird, @Roy The Boy, @DonPaulo, @Duckets, @yossa6133, @sjuesju, @dylanphan, @thfc, @Dboston, @Dr. Florida192, @money44, @1moregoal, @ggm31v, @EuroDream, @ndanmak, @cummins91, @vicsuna, @abigail, @Carovie, @thfc, @Hitch, @Ameer, @LimMouse, @freddie01, @Ulrik, @i1_principe, @BobEire, @doverwhite, @jimbo584, @Kingdom forand @AndreBR.

Burnley at 3s look good to me.  How are Everton favourites for this game?  Burnley is always a tough place to go, and Everton have lost their last 3 PL games so aren't in good form.  OK the last game was versus Man City where you perhaps expect to lose, but they also lost to Sheff Utd at home and Bournemouth away, both games they should not be losing if you want to finish in the top 6.  Burnley away is as tough as, if not tougher than either of those two games. 

Burnley are ticking along fairly well, having only lost two games in the PL (Liverpool at home and Arsenal away so no disgrace in those results).  Wood and Barnes are a handful upfront and they generally perform well at home, having beaten Southampton and Norwich to nil already this season.

Personally I think Burnley should be Everton's price (around 2.6) and Everton should be around 3s for this game, so taking a decent stake on the home team to win this one.

I'm also tempted by Sheff Utd at Watford.  Sheff Utd have played well away from home so far, getting a win at Everton, and a draw at Chelsea (coming from 2-0 down) and a draw at Bournemouth.  They seem to be struggling more at home, although they were unlucky not to get a draw against Liverpool last time out.

I haven't seen much of Watford this season, but key players don't seem to be in any sort of form and are perhaps still traumatised by the 6-0 cup final drubbing.  They were poor against Wolves by all accounts, and the game before was the 8-0 city result.  True they did come back from 2-0 down in their last home game against Arsenal to get a draw, but Arsenal will always give you a chance, and I think Sheff Utd are going to be more resolute in their defending.    

I'm wary of the draw in this one, so going for Sheffield Utd +1 at 1.7 (betvictor) rather than the outright price as I don't see them losing given Watford's form has been poor for some time if you take the back end of last season into account.

Not posted for a few years, will contribute from time to time hopefully.

Leicester looked toothless against Manchester United and it will be a surprise if they win at Anfield. Draw at half time though could well be on the cards with the exertions of their opponent in mid week.

Manchester City and Everton look suspect at the back especially when defending corners. A punt on Wolves and Burney centre backs to score anytime, and even first goal scorer could reap dividends.

Edited by SgtTr

West Ham vs Crystal Palace

Welcome back into the mix, @SgtTr! My next preview is the 5:30pm BST televised clash between West Ham and Crystal Palace on Saturday evening at the London Stadium. Both of these teams have enjoyed an encouraging start to the season and they will be feeling this is a game where they can continue that positive start to their campaigns. Who will prevail as winners or will they cancel each other out?

West Ham were my tip to be a team to challenge the monopoly of the top six teams and so far Manuel Pellegrini's side appear to be living up to the hype. The Hammers are sat in 5th place with 12 points from their 7 league matches so far. Considering they lost their opening game of the season at home to reigning champions Manchester City by a 5-0 score-line it's been pretty uphill ever since with the team remaining undefeated in league action. It's also been a 100% record at home since that match with wins against Norwich and Manchester United with a clean sheet achieved in both.

Crystal Palace have also caused a stir of their own. Roy Hodgson's men were being touted as potential relegation candidates but the Eagles are in 9th place with 11 points from their 7 league games. An unbeaten start at home this season has laid the foundations down but 2 defeats from their 3 away games suggests things might be a bit tougher on their travels this season.

Both sides have their injury concerns with Lukasz Fabianski the big absentee for West Ham. Palace captain Luka Milivojevic is also missing along with influential defender Mamadou Sakho. The Hammers are unbeaten against Palace in their past 8 league encounters. Palace have also taken just 1 point from their last three visits to the London Stadium. I expect that poor head-to-head form to continue with the Hammers sealing a business-like win.

West Ham to Win @ 2.05 with Betfair

West Ham HT/FT @ 3.40 with BetVictor

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Premier League

Liverpool have won with at least a 2 goal margin in their last 6 home matches in Premier League.
Tottenham have failed to win their last 9 away matches in Premier League.
Everton have lost with at least a 2 goal margin in their last 3 matches in Premier League.
Liverpool have won their last 16 matches in Premier League.

You can find interesting 54 Football Betting Streaks for 05.10.2019 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-05-10-2019-16007

Liverpool FC vs Leicester City

Liverpool FC

Doubtful: Alisson Becker (1/0 first goalkeeper)

Out (injuries/other): Xherdan Shaqiri (2/0 m), Nathaniel Clyne (0/0 d), Joel Matip (6/1 d)

Suspended: -

Leicester City

Doubtful: -

Out (injuries/other): Matthew James (0/0 m)

Norwich City vs Aston Villa

Norwich City

Doubtful: Todd Cantwell (7/2 m)

Out (injuries/other): Grant Hanley (3/0 d), Mario Vrancic (2/0 m), Ralf Fahrmann (1/0 2nd goalkeeper), Tim Krul (6/0 first goalkeeper), Alexander Tettey (3/0 m, captain), Christoph Zimmermann (1/0 d), Timm Klose (0/0 d), Onel Hernandez (1/0 m), Tom Trybull (4/0 m)

Aston Villa

Doubtful: -

Out (injuries/other): James Chester (0/0 d, captain), Jonathan Kodjia (1/0 f)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

I expect both teams to score. Liverpool play at home and will go for the three. Ferminio, Mane and Salah are hungry for goals, it is almost impossible for any of them to score. Leicester City are also in good shape, scoring five goals last weekend and player confidence is high

LIVERPOOL FC vs LEICESTER CITY @@ Both team to score, odds 1.75

Tottenham suffered a major defeat on Tuesday. The Spurs lost 7-2 to Bayern Munich in the Champions League. However, Brighton are also in poor shape, having not won their last six Premier League matches. So this will be a clash between two injured teams. In my opinion, the quality is on Tottenham's side, I will go with its victory

BRIGHTON & HOVE ALBION vs TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR @@ TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR, odds1.88

16 minutes ago, Kokukepo said:

Quite surprised that no one is taking spurs?

It's a top 4 team, finalist ucl, against bottom half table team.

Surely they can cover the -0.5 handicap?

Thoughts?

As a big spurs fan I just can't trust us at the moment.  The team are not performing well all season other than the 4-0 over Palace.  Spurs haven't won away in the PL since January.  Of course they should beat Brighton who aren't doing all that well themselves, but they've had the week off to prepare for this game and spurs are coming off the 7-2 game on Tuesday.  Good luck if you go with them.

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Premier League

There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Man City’s last 8 games in Premier League.
Arsenal are undefeated in 95% of their last 21 home matches in Premier League.
Man City have won 91% of their last 21 matches in Premier League.
Arsenal have scored at least 2 goals in 92% of their last 13 home matches in Premier League.

You can find interesting 43 Football Betting Streaks for 06.10.2019 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-06-10-2019-16010

Arsenal vs Bournemouth

One team in North London screwed over @Kokukepo today (although probably best to heed to advice of @thfc when it comes to Spurs in the future!) and we're hoping that another team from that area of the capital city doesn't do the same for us on Sunday. It's Arsenal versus Bournemouth in our third and final preview of the weekend when they meet for a 2pm BST kick-off at the Emirates Stadium.

Arsenal might not be progressing as quickly as their fans would have hoped under Unai Emery but it's easy to forget this team is still 6th in the table and could move up to 3rd place if they win this game. The Gunners still have their weaknesses. Frustratingly, it's still in central midfield and defence. However, just 1 defeat in all competitions this season and a current undefeated run of 7 matches in all competitions should give their fans and punters backing them reason to be optimistic heading into this game.

Bournemouth started this season very well. Eddie Howe's men were even flirting with the top four. The club stuttered slightly with back-to-back defeats against Manchester City and Leicester back in August but it's now three games unbeaten in the league with 8 goals scored during that period. The Cherries are prolific right now. That is especially the case away from home with two wins from their three league games on the road.

If you look at the stats, Bournemouth really struggle against Arsenal. Howe's side have taken just 4 points from their 8 league games against the Gunners. Travelling to London is also not a pleasant experience for Bournemouth with the team having conceded 5 goals in each of their last three visits to the capital city. They face an Arsenal side that have only lost once in their last 21 home games. I am backing a standard Arsenal win here.

Arsenal -1 @ 2.20 with SpreadEx

Arsenal HT/FT @ 2.20 with Coral

13 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Arsenal vs Bournemouth

One team in North London screwed over @Kokukepo today (although probably best to heed to advice of @thfc when it comes to Spurs in the future!) and we're hoping that another team from that area of the capital city doesn't do the same for us on Sunday. It's Arsenal versus Bournemouth in our third and final preview of the weekend when they meet for a 2pm BST kick-off at the Emirates Stadium.

Arsenal might not be progressing as quickly as their fans would have hoped under Unai Emery but it's easy to forget this team is still 6th in the table and could move up to 3rd place if they win this game. The Gunners still have their weaknesses. Frustratingly, it's still in central midfield and defence. However, just 1 defeat in all competitions this season and a current undefeated run of 7 matches in all competitions should give their fans and punters backing them reason to be optimistic heading into this game.

Bournemouth started this season very well. Eddie Howe's men were even flirting with the top four. The club stuttered slightly with back-to-back defeats against Manchester City and Leicester back in August but it's now three games unbeaten in the league with 8 goals scored during that period. The Cherries are prolific right now. That is especially the case away from home with two wins from their three league games on the road.

If you look at the stats, Bournemouth really struggle against Arsenal. Howe's side have taken just 4 points from their 8 league games against the Gunners. Travelling to London is also not a pleasant experience for Bournemouth with the team having conceded 5 goals in each of their last three visits to the capital city. They face an Arsenal side that have only lost once in their last 21 home games. I am backing a standard Arsenal win here.

Arsenal -1 @ 2.20 with SpreadEx

Arsenal HT/FT @ 2.20 with Coral

I just don't like Arsenal today. Bournemouth will come to play and should provide a stern test. Plenty of value in the away win at 7 to 1.