** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Premier League Predictions > Mar 2nd & 3rd

eplratings.jpg

Hold onto your hats because we've got the full weekend of Premier League matches coming up this weekend! Yes, I know, the games have only just finished from the midweek ones. If you can't handle the intensity then go and watch some cricket or snooker! North London Derby and Merseyside Derby this weekend. Plus, I get to actually be pessimistic with Cardiff again! Don't miss out getting involved in the chat below and share your tips with us! :ok

Wolves vs Cardiff

I never thought I'd say this about this Cardiff squad but the past two games it honestly looks like they've given up the survival fight. Not only have the results been terrible but the performances have been worse. A lot of fans saying that Neil Warnock has lost the will for the job since this Emiliano Sala tragedy and that he's suffering guilt after he apparently considered changing the flight plan of Sala's journey. Not a good time for him or the club.

This brings me on to our match this Saturday at 3pm versus mid-table Wolves. It's an away game which immediately leaves me feeling pessimistic. Our away record has delivered just 2 wins and 2 draws from our 13 matches on the road. Only Huddersfield and Fulham have a worse away record in the league this season.

Nuno Santo's team just suffered a shock 1-0 loss away to Huddersfield in midweek. It's typical of their season. Performing against the quality sides in the division but struggling against the lower-placed sides. Unfortunately, I can't see us pulling off a result. It feels like even though this run has only been two matches that a rot has set in.

On the plus side, we have beaten Wolves this season already and have won 5 of the last 7 matches against them. It's also hoped that Harry Arter and Victor Camarasa may return to the starting XI. We shall see. Warnock's team selection has been quite baffling recently.

I think a draw is the best we can hope for. I really hope that the players put in a performance. Warnock has motivated them enough of the past couple of seasons that if he's feeling down for whatever reason then those players need to step up. We're still very much in the fight. I'm just stunned at how awful we've gone over the past two games. That break for the FA Cup came at the worst time for us (one reason why I always say you should field full strength sides in that competition to ensure rhythm isn't broken). Wolves will be hurting after that loss in midweek and they'll bounce back here.

Wolves HT/FT @ 2.38 with BetVictor

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.86 with MarathonBet

@Mindfulness, @Pep004, @MaliMisko12, @betcatalog, @sajtion, @godofhorses, @Tiffy, @waynecoyne, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @Duke_Tm, @dogmeister, @Arkadi Manucharov, @derbent, @fat, @allyhibs, @6avin24, @discipline, @the bastardian, @Bronxie, @Bett@KikoCy, @teddybear3011, @markus808, @allthethings, @Kenton Schweppes, @vasilli07, @Dylan Lynch, @neilovan, @JKos, @zemo91, @kulikTS, @mrclubbie, @Judeksi, @Henind666, @Teodore, @kilkenny1, @newjack, @PokerWolf1, @Dave1X2, @real55555, @jazzman02, @Ameer13, @Gedkip, @mcsilks, @MangoTheThird, @Roy The Boy, @DonPaulo, @Duckets, @yossa6133, @sjuesju, @dylanphan, @thfc, @Dboston, @Dr. Florida192, @money44, @1moregoal, @ggm31v, @EuroDream, @ndanmak, @cummins91, @vicsuna, @abigail, and @AndreBR, what bets are you all looking at placing this week?

44 minutes ago, sajtion said:

thing change fast in football but i can see cardiff pulling of a win. there won't be much difference between each other on the day. wolverhampton are beginning to slow down and cardiff has everything to prove. 

I like your optimism. I'll have some of what you're drinking!

@Tiffy, Cardiff's awful results reminded me... what the hell is going on down your way? 5 losses and 2 draws in your last 7 games. Welcome to the relegation dog fight!

i'm looking at arsenal game and i think they will win. i think tottenham have had good runs this season and i don't think they will shake off their slump here. arsenal are gaining momentum and scored 10 goals in last three games.it's away win for me

1 hour ago, sajtion said:

i'm looking at arsenal game and i think they will win. i think tottenham have had good runs this season and i don't think they will shake off their slump here. arsenal are gaining momentum and scored 10 goals in last three games.it's away win for me

Yeah but take into consideration that Arsenal plays so different at home and away

Tottenham vs Arsenal: Draw

A month go I looked up the data on Transfermarkt to see who will end Tottenham's drawless streak. If Spurs will have a draw till the end of the season, stats suggests it must be vs Arsenal. Spurs have had the most ties in Premier League history vs Arsenal no matter if at home or all matches. I also looked up the stats since Daniel Levy took over Tottenham in 2001 and again same picture - most draws vs Arsenal both at home and in all matches.

Pochettino has had the most ties in his career exactly vs Arsenal(same# as Sunderland&Real Valladolid). A draw is the most common result for Pochettino vs Arsenal. Check out the table below. 

On the psychological side it seems Tottenham are out of the title race for sure and just do not want to lose & end up fighting for top 4 place. Arsenal on the other hand want to stay in top 4 (I doubt it as Man Utd fan and bookies also give them higher odds for top 4 than Chelsea & Man Utd) and have everything to fight for, but they are unlikely to win considering their terrible away form.

image.png

Edited by vicsuna

Tottenham v Arsenal

Tottenham: Jan Vertonghen (15/1 d), Harry Winks (25/1 m)(both doubtful), Eric Dier (15/2 m), Bamidele Alli (17/5 m)

Arsenal: Hector Bellerin (19/0 d), Rob Holding (10/0 d), Danny Welbeck (8/1 f)

Bournemouth v Manchester City

Bournemouth: Callum Wilson (21/10 f, top scorer, doubtful), Dominic Solanke (3/0 f), Jefferson Lerma (21/1 m, suspended), Junior Stanislas (19/1 m), Steve Cook (26/1 d), Simon Francis (17/0 d, captain), Lewis Cook (13/0 m)

Manchester City: Fabian Delph (11/0 m), Claudio Bravo (0/0 g), Aymeric Laporte (27/2 d), Fernandinho (25/1 d)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Premier League

Manchester Utd have been undefeated in their last 11 home matches in Premier League.
38% of Tottenham's conceded goals occurred after the 75th minute in Premier League.
Arsenal conceded at least 1 goal in each of their last 13 away matches in Premier League.
Manchester City have scored in each of their last 5 away matches in Premier League.
Tottenham were leading at halftime in 57% of their matches in Premier League.

You can find interesting 113 Football Betting Streaks for 02.03.2019 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-02-03-2019-13629

Like every time this season, at the crucial turning point of the season, Tottenham Hotspur takes off and any title dreams are lost. Two consecutive defeats with Burnley and Chelsea, who bring her back, while in front of her is the London derby with the raised Arsenal. "Gunners" come from two straight wins with Southampton (2-0) and Bournemouth (5-10), again having a good morale. Logic says a lot of goals
TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs ARSENAL FC @@ +2.50 Over, odds 1.62

Going to wake up early, really looking forward to Spurs/Arsenal game.  No strong lean in that match, but do feel Arsenal are being undervalued, taking them +0.5 would make sense.  Be honest here, I think Poch is overrated as a manager.  He has a nice system, has a keen eye for young talent, and gets a lot of his players so something certainly can be said for that, but his in game management is questionable.  

Case in point, Kane's first game back in what, 6 weeks against Burnley of all teams, and leaves him in for a full 90?  Yeah, he scored a goal, that's well and good, but bigger fish to fry and Burnley tough at home.   And then he was outmatched vs a struggling Chelsea side, and again Kane in for full game.  Very questionable strikers brought in in the likes of Soldado, Llorente, et al, I'm not overwhelmed.  

Anyway, I fully expect Man United to stomp Southampton tomorrow.  I'll play them 1H, on the handicap, hell, maybe even a -2 here.  Two teams going in exact opposite directions, United's forms been top notch and they are at home, no reason to believe this is even close.  

I also do like Wolves here at home quite a bit,  Cardiff on the road a bit of a horror show with just 9 goals scored in 13 matches.  Wolves play a nice attacking style.  I really do like Wolves to bounce back here after two disappointing performances, home cooking, I'll lay -0.75 here.

Lastly, I really think Burnley getting a great price at home, seeing close to 2/1 for home win vs Palace.  How soon we forget how great Burnley were at home last year?  Burnley won 3 of their last 4 at home with the other a draw, including a win vs Spurs.  This is a good price, definitely worth a punt.

:cheers:

Spurs - Arsenal 

Huge derby coming up this weekend. Match for big points, big London derby, not going to attempt to guess who’s going to win this one. There’s no doubt in my mind that it’s going to be a battle and it’s gonna get rough.. Going for cards in the match 

Asian total cards 4,5 over with odds 1,9 courtesy of bet365 

On 28/02/2019 at 12:44 PM, StevieDay1983 said:

I like your optimism. I'll have some of what you're drinking!

@Tiffy, Cardiff's awful results reminded me... what the hell is going on down your way? 5 losses and 2 draws in your last 7 games. Welcome to the relegation dog fight!

Thanks mate!

Yes it's a bit worrying, but we have played 1st,3rd & 8th (In the 8 match form table) at home, so some teams going very well there. I still think there will be 3 teams worse than us, but it will be a tight run in. 

I have taken my eye off the ball now I have moved to Devon, and am loving watching the Gulls at Plainmoor. It's a real battle between them and Woking for top spot this season.

I am off to Plymouth next Saturday when LUTON visit to catch up with a few mates who are coming down too.

But for Brighton, I can see them finishing 17th, but only just!

50 minutes ago, Tiffy said:

Thanks mate!

Yes it's a bit worrying, but we have played 1st,3rd & 8th (In the 8 match form table) at home, so some teams going very well there. I still think there will be 3 teams worse than us, but it will be a tight run in. 

I have taken my eye off the ball now I have moved to Devon, and am loving watching the Gulls at Plainmoor. It's a real battle between them and Woking for top spot this season.

I am off to Plymouth next Saturday when LUTON visit to catch up with a few mates who are coming down too.

But for Brighton, I can see them finishing 17th, but only just!

That's brilliant. They're flying under Gary Johnson. I knew a few Torquay fans in uni (Cardiff is one of the closest unis to them so they flocked there) and they're very excited about things. Yeah, I agree. I can see you boys staying up. I'd be amazed if the bottom three wasn't Fulham, Huddersfield, and, dare I say, us.

Couple of picks from me

Palace to beat Burnley

Palace are a much better team when playing away as the onus is on the home team to attack. Although Burnley have solid home form (5 wins & 1 draw in last 7), the opposition have been kind to them (Soton, Fulham, West Ham).  Palace however (4 away wins in last 6) so they are capable & they ability to score 2 or more away, will count for a lot. 

MAN Utd

Should beat a struggling but stubborn Southampton quite easily as they push for CL qualification, an early goal will make -1.5 on the Handicap 

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Premier League

35% of Watford's conceded goals occurred after the 75th minute in Premier League.
Leicester City conceded at least 1 goal in each of their last 7 matches in Premier League.
Everton conceded at least 1 goal in 71% of their home matches in Premier League.
Liverpool have been undefeated in their last 7 matches in Premier League.

You can find interesting 97 Football Betting Streaks for 03.03.2019 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-03-03-2019-13631

Everton vs Liverpool

The third big derby game of the weekend in the Premier League comes from Goodison Park today in a 4:15pm kick-off when Merseyside rivals Everton and Liverpool go head-to-head. It's a fixture that has favoured the team in red over the past few years but are we in for a shock result here?

Everton are 10th in the table and halted a losing streak of three league games in midweek when Marco Silva's men defeated my very own Cardiff 3-0. I'll honestly say it was three points we gifted them so don't read too much into that result. It's still just 4 wins in their last 15 league games which isn't great form.

Liverpool are also having a bit of a slump in results. Jurgen Klopp's side remain unbeaten since their 2-1 loss away to Manchester City but it's now just 2 wins from their last 5 league games. OK, so they've drawn the other three but losing 6 points over 3 league matches is big in a two-horse title race.

Both sides welcome back key players with Everton bringing midfielder Andre Gomes back into the fold after resting him for the win over Cardiff and Liverpool will be hoping Roberto Firmino will be available for selection once again after missing the big win against Watford.

Interestingly, this is the second most frequently played fixture in the top flight of English football. Only Everton versus Aston Villa has been played more times. Unfortunately, for Everton, it's a fixture that Liverpool have dominated. The Toffees haven't won in the past 18 meetings in all competitions. The last time Everton tasted victory in this fixture was a 2-0 home win back in October, 2010.

I'm sorry to say that I think this will be another painful experience for Everton. 3-0 flattered them against us in midweek. I think it could offer them false hope. Liverpool might not be at their best right now but they're still not losing. It'll be a close game but I can see a narrow Liverpool win either 1-0 or 2-1.

Draw (Everton +1) @ 3.60 with Betway

Anytime Scorer: Mohamed Salah @ 2.15 with Ladbrokes

Everton vs Liverpool: Everton+1

Everton surprised me positively the other day vs Cardiff and I am willing to back them up to get at least a point vs Liverpool. Everton did not lose 4 out of 12 games vs top 6 last season and Marco Silva's Watford did not lose in 3 out of 7 matches vs top 6, including a memorable 3:3 at home vs Liverpool. So far this season Everton have managed to get just 1 point from 7 matches vs top 6. I know Everton may upset at least one of the big teams till year end at home and maybe Chelsea or Arsenal are easier matchups, but I think it will mean the world for the team and fans to derail Liverpool's title push. Everton were also unlucky in the first match vs Liverpool and lost a game they could have won due to a silly decision by Pickford in extra time.

Everton v Liverpool - Sun 3rd

Everton under performing while Liverpool seem to be recovering from a slight stall... 

Everton will still be smarting from a last kick loss in the Anfield match, which torpedoed their season. They will be looking for respect and revenge. Everton remain incredibly inconsistent, and unbalanced. However, in Gylfi Sigurdsson they have a player who is performing really well. He is having a stellar season, having scored 11 Premier league gaoals so far. It is his best ever return. 

I am not convinced regarding Liverpool. They are slightly 1-dimensional in my view. They almost want to pass the ball into the net. Without a headed goal threat, teams can set up and defend in a compact manner. Playing Origi, may seem a risk, but he would give them the headed goal threat. 

The head-2-head suggests a close game here probably a draw. I just don't see Liverpool getting all 3 points here, against a fired up opponent. 

Prediction : Home Double Chance

this is liverpool win all day long. sure it's a derby but everton won't get anything from this match

marco silva is bad manager compared to klopp 

everton doesn't have attacking force of liverpool

everton are weak from set pieces and hence the low odds. it seems really silly to back everton in any way.