** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Group B Predictions > Jun 15th - 23rd

Paraguay - Qatar 

I would bet my life on Paraguay to win this game here , I mean Qatar  is NOTHING special and despite they won last Asian cup but me as person who from middle east , I know how they won the cup and how they beat Japan and South Korea 

Paraguay despite they dont win games that easy , I looked they failed to win single game long time ago , but this one if Paraguay play normal game should find way to win this game at the end , Qatar defense is weak and against teams like Paraguay they should be under more pressure and make more mistakes and lose at the end 

what fear me here Only is Relations and this can easy lead to match fixing !!! Qatar will die to make history here and prove to all middle east people they are heroes and they are big nation and they will host world cup and stuff like that , and that can easy make them buy draw or win here , but the Fact Qatar is big Crap and nothing special and all their big wins come only when they buy and pay money to other teams , and I mean it because I know what Im talking about here when it comes to Country like Qatar 

at the end that was my opinion here , if this game go fair we will see sure and easy win for Paraguay but Im afraid to bet and trust incase Qatar buy one or three points from them 

so at the end so far I bet nothing on this one because Im very confused and because I know how powerful this Qatar team under the table 

Edited by Ameer

Argentina vs Colombia

Arguably the biggest game of the group stage is coming at us later tonight when Argentina start their campaign against a potentially dangerous Colombia in an 11pm BST kick-off at the Itaipava Arena Fonte Nova in Salvador with both teams looking to get the win that would set them on a positive path to qualifying for the Quarter-Finals.

Argentina will once again be under the microscope due to their wealth of attacking quality. Lionel Messi will also come under scrutiny as he looks to end his drought of international tournament wins to silence the critics. Head coach Lionel Scaloni has only had a few games in charge since he took over back in November 2018. It's hard to take much from a first game 3-1 defeat to Venezuela and then two standard wins over Morocco and Nicaragua.

Colombia are also under a new managerial reign with former Manchester United assistant manager Carlos Queiroz taking over. Queiroz impressed during his stint with the Iran national side. He's only been in charge since February but has been keen to see his team in action. After 4 games he has seen his team win 3 and lose 1. Back-to-back 3-0 victories over Panama and Peru put Colombia in good shape coming into this tournament.

It's easy to see why Argentina are once again being tipped to do well with the likes of Messi, Angel Di Maria, Sergio Aguero, and Paulo Dybala in their ranks. However, it's the same issues that have blighted Argentina for years that continue to be present. A defensive unit lacking the solidity needed at this level and an inexperienced coaching staff. Scaloni has brought in the trio of Walter Samuel, Roberto Ayala, and Pablo Aimar as his assistants. Can they outwit the tactical nous of Queiroz? I'm not convinced and I think Colombia could sneak a narrow win here. Queiroz does love a clean sheet.

Colombia Draw No Bet @ 2.88 with MarathonBet

Total Goals Scored Under 1.5 @ 2.75 with Paddy Power

@jazzman02, @real55555, @hristofor, @Peter_Portman, @Podosfairistis, @Niceguy, @markus808, @Feduloff, @clubgowi, @Neubs, @Hunter12, @salmonman, @JuMeSyn, @recklessrookie, @janesill, @Mustionown, @potus, @kevinjoh, @dinero, @Hutcho_CFC, @roveruk, @matrixman, @Jazzer Isaac, @Dylan Lynch, @Tiffy, @Kenton Schweppes, @MangoTheThird, @neilovan, @mcsilks, @Ameer, @thfc, @Roy The Boy, @Tim81, @sajtion, @newjack, @Gedkip, @Mindfulness, @Magic0024, @mijOsim, @canaries91, @waynecoyne, @allyhibs, @four-leaf, @Icongene, @malabgd, @Stevecw, @Xcout, @Teodore, @Bobby Vegas, @Darran, @DrO, @mtom, @KikoCy, @betcatalog, @immortal--, @allthethings, @DW_United, @Pipoca, @liamcorrigan86, @vasilli07, @Misa, @Pep004, @rOYS123, @thinkpink63, @ant8n, @BobEire, @RIOT88, @Power90, @Adley, @Alexc, @bastia, @Ameer. @Odyssey, and @Marek76, what bets are you all looking at in this group?

Paraguay vs Qatar

The Group B action continues on Sunday night when Paraguay and Qatar go head-to-head in an 8pm BST kick-off at the Estadio do Maracana in Rio de Janeiro. Considering the other two teams in this group are Argentina and Colombia then defeat would surely spell the beginning of the end in this tournament for whichever teams loses.

Paraguay come into this game in truly dreadful form having won just 1 of their last 8 matches. The glimmer of hope for Eduardo Berizzo's side is that they beat Guatemala 2-0 in their most recent game so they enter this tournament off the back of a victory. Berizzo has only been in the job since February this year replacing the departing Juan Carlos Osorio. Having avoided defeat, albeit against abject opposition, in their last two matches could the poor run of form be coming to an end?

Qatar are set to host the 2022 World Cup. It was a controversial issue and remains so. However, the Arabic nation is embracing it and they even managed to win the 2019 Asian Cup. As @Ameer states, there are reasons for that so let's not look too deeply into that. Almoez Ali won the golden boot at that tournament in January and February. Can they spring a surprise on another continent? Winning 7 of their last 8 matches with the solitary defeat coming against Brazil suggests they could well do with Felix Sanchez Bas organising his side effectively.

I'm not sure who will win this. I want to back Ameer and say Paraguay but I wouldn't be surprised if this in-form Qatar side takes something from this game. I'm swaying towards a draw but I still think Paraguay might just be starting to click under Berizzo. I have to back the draw though I think it's worth placing a double chance bet on Qatar if you feel they could get something.

Draw @ 3.50 with SpreadEx

Anytime Scorer: Almoez Ali @ 4.75 with Bet365

On 6/16/2019 at 12:17 AM, Ameer said:

very hard to trust this bet , betting on Qatar to not lose Risky , I feel cant set on my nervous 90 minutes with Qatar ?  I know them and I Know their defense too 

I maybe agree betting on Qatar 0.75 worth small stake but I dont feel good to bet on this one 

I've got to admit, as soon as I posted that preview I had my doubts but luckily it's come good. Ali delivering the anytime scorer bet too! Really enjoying this very positive start to this tournament so far. :beer

look I know you wont believe it , but I know what this Qatar team all about

this game was fixed and after the 2-0  I was shocked like what the hell is going :(

Emir qatar was there inside stadium setting and watching

you think he will fly from Qatar to Brazil to see his team lose 4-0 !!  sure no way 

so I bet after 2-0 on Qatar ????  and Thanks God  2-2  FT and won as well 

and wait next game when Qatar face Colombia ......Colombia manager super Friend with Qatar Federation Football ......we should see soft game from Colombia , we will see

1 hour ago, Ameer said:

look I know you wont believe it , but I know what this Qatar team all about

this game was fixed and after the 2-0  I was shocked like what the hell is going :(

Emir qatar was there inside stadium setting and watching

you think he will fly from Qatar to Brazil to see his team lose 4-0 !!  sure no way 

so I bet after 2-0 on Qatar ????  and Thanks God  2-2  FT and won as well 

and wait next game when Qatar face Colombia ......Colombia manager super Friend with Qatar Federation Football ......we should see soft game from Colombia , we will see

Haha. we'll need to get you a tin hat at this rate, Ameer! It'll be interesting to see how they do now. I still think Colombia will beat them. 1-0 or 2-0 for me. Preview to follow later! :lol

4 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

I've got to admit, as soon as I posted that preview I had my doubts but luckily it's come good. Ali delivering the anytime scorer bet too! Really enjoying this very positive start to this tournament so far. :beer

That was one Lucky Tip right there stevie 

Colombia vs Qatar

The odds appear to be stacked in one side's favour when group leader Colombia play outsiders Qatar in a 10:30pm BST kick-off later tonight at the Estadio do Morumbi in Sao Paulo. Can the favourites seal their spot in the last 8 or will the guest Middle Eastern nation spring a surprise?

Colombia did exactly what I anticipated them to do in their opening 2-0 win against Argentina and that was to use all their coaching staff's experience to grind out a win with a clean sheet. Carlos Queiroz appears to be a man that is settling into his role as head coach of the Colombian side and that win was a huge statement of intent. Victory here, and even a draw, would be enough to progress but they'll want all three points to keep momentum going.

Qatar shocked a number of people in their opening 2-2 draw with Paraguay but it was a result I suspected was on the cards after their impressive 2019 Asian Cup showing. The 2022 World Cup hosts are proving they won't be under-estimated in three years time. This is a step up in opposition though and they could come back down to reality with a bump.

This could prove to be a thrilling encounter. Goals could well be in abundance with Qatar scoring 21 goals in their last 9 international matches and Colombia hitting the back of the net in 12 of their previous 13 international games. I think Colombia should just have enough to sneak the win but it'll be a big effort. If I was pushed to back a correct score I'd be swaying to a 2-1 or 3-1 win for Colombia.

BTTS @ 2.30 with 888Sport

Colombia HT/FT @ 2.05 with Ladbrokes

Argentina vs Paraguay

All eyes will be on Lionel Messi when Argentina look to battle back from their opening game defeat to Colombia against Middle Eastern outsiders Qatar. The two sides meet in a 1:30am BST kick-off later tonight at the Estadio MIneiro in Belo Horizonte. Which way will this game go?

Argentina will be kicking themselves after their opening game loss to Colombia. I suspected such a result might be coming but it won't make the defeat any less hurtful for the players. The pressure is now on them to get the three points here. Anything less would seriously throw doubt on any hope the nation has of giving Messi a deserved international trophy and the country's first international trophy win in 26 years.

Paraguay were another side that were left reeling after their opening game draw with Qatar. OK, so our preview showed we knew Qatar had it in them to get a result but the overwhelming feeling was that after they went 2-0 up that Paraguay should have shut the game down. The fact they didn't manage to do that begs questions about how effectively their defence can cope under pressure from potent attacks during this tournament.

I think Argentina should have enough attacking prowess to get the win here. Lionel Scaloni's men are a wounded animal right now and their ability alone should see them through. Paraguay know a defeat would leave them on the brink of elimination but they simply don't have enough in the armoury to beat Argentina.

Argentina HT/FT @ 2.35 with Coral

Total Goals Scored Over 2.5 @ 1.95 with MarathonBet

Should be interesting to see how the games go tonight.

I’ve gone for:

Columbia -1 

Argentina + btts

Total odds: 4.58 

I like Columbia and I’m concerned about Qatar scoring tonight. They could easily prove me wrong. Hopeful for a 2-0.

You just never know with Argentina! Their last result wasn’t a good sign. Depends how Paraguay approach the game.

Fingers crossed for a lot of goals tonight !

Best of luck of luck people!

1 hour ago, Ameer said:

Nothing new  Argentina crap like always and dont worth single Euro 

The way they are going I'm not sure I can even back them to beat Qatar. It's the language used by Scaloni after the games. Blaming everyone but himself for the way they're playing. Gives the impression nothing drastic will change. As I said at the start of the tournament, their lack of managerial experience will be their downfall.

3 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

The way they are going I'm not sure I can even back them to beat Qatar. It's the language used by Scaloni after the games. Blaming everyone but himself for the way they're playing. Gives the impression nothing drastic will change. As I said at the start of the tournament, their lack of managerial experience will be their downfall.

I already had medium bet on Argentina -1.5 @ 1.80     This Qatar got 2-2 first game and 1-0 defeat last night but I mean come on please .....if you saw good the games you know both were fixed !!

against Paraguay after the 2-0  Qatar got 2-2 hahahahhahaha  , I ask you now , how was Paraguay last night ? is this same Paraguay played against Qatar ? :)   

same thing Colombia last night was very clear they want 1-0 only , even last minute how they missed on purpose the 2-0 :) 

Qatar should lose from Argentina 3-0 easy .....sure we need Fair game from Argentina 

but I took the Risk and bet Argentina -1.5  because I know how Crap this Qatar is 

the Only risk for me is again ...Qatar to arrange the FT score 1-0 or 2-1  , but I took the bet last night anyway 

Paraguay to beat Colombia at 2.80 with Unibet

Colombia has already qualified and has nothing to play for. Paraguay on the other hand needs 3 points to qualify for the next phase. It is unlikely the Colombians will have anything against Paraguay qualifying instead of Argentina.  Paraguayers played very strong on their last match and if they showed the same game against an unmotivated team they should win without a problem.

Colombia vs Paraguay

The finale of Group B comes at us tonight when group leaders Colombia play second placed Paraguay in an 8pm BST kick-off at the Itaipava Arena Fonte Nova in Salvador. Los Cafeteros have already sealed their spot in the last 8 so will they rest key players ahead of this clash?

Colombia have met expectations so far in this tournament. In fact, Carlos Queiroz's men have arguably exceeded those expectations with victories over Argentina and Qatar so far without conceding a goal during the process. It's guaranteed them top spot in the group. They'll want to keep momentum heading into the knockout phase but you'd suspect Queiroz could rest a few important players.

Paraguay have had mixed fortunes so far. The two draws with Argentina and Qatar will have delivered less points than they'd have hoped but their fate remains in their own hands. Still, anything less than a win would leave their place in the last 8 in severe doubt.

The stats make for some painful reading for Paraguayan fans. Their national team have only managed to win 1 of their last 10 international matches and haven't kept a clean sheet in 12 matches. Even if Colombia leave some players on the bench, you feel a draw is most likely. Queiroz will want to give players keen to impress a run around and it could result in a more attacking approach from Colombia. I'm expecting goals but I'd be surprised by a Paraguay win.

Draw @ 3.30 with Bet365

BTTS @ 1.91 with RedZone

Qatar vs Argentina

A key game takes place in the last round of Group B matches tonight when guest nation Qatar play one of the tournament favourites Argentina in an 8pm kick-off at the Arena do Gremio in Porto Alegre. Can the underdogs pull off the shock of the tournament so far by eliminating Messi and co in the group phase?

Qatar have done themselves proud so far. After winning the 2019 Asian Cup, Felix Sanchez Bas has seen his team hold Paraguay to a draw and only narrowly suffer defeat to group leaders Colombia. The last 8 could still await them if they win here but anything less would leave qualification unlikely.

Argentina will be desperately disappointed to find themselves in this position heading into the last group game. Lionel Scaloni continues to blame everyone but himself for his side managing just 1 point from their opening two games against Colombia and Paraguay. In reality, his tactical flaws have choked the talent in this squad. It's hard to even see them winning this game.

I'm not sure what the state of play with the suspensions is because all news sources I've seen suggest Qatar should remain unchanged. @Ameer, are you sure their two players are suspended? Either way, I'm torn. On the one hand, I have absolutely no faith in Argentina right now and a Qatar double chance seems a decent shout but then is it wise to turn down Argentina against such a side? I'm afraid it might not come off but I just don't have any confidence in Argentina at those odds available.

Qatar AH +1.75 @ 1.87 with Blacktype

BTTS @ 2.33 with Unibet

Thanks God was super end for me in this Crap Copa America 

Argentina -1.5 came , they could easy win 10-0 but as I said Qatar always buy this big games where all world see Just to tell the world we are damn Qatar hahhahaha and tomorrow they can come and lose from Yemen , NP at all 

I had as well small  bet on Colombia DNB 

and all African bets won too so far with Algeria lead 2-0 ?

I can soon travel happy