** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League Predictions > Jun 1st

uclratings.jpg

The Champions League Final will be contested between two Premier League sides on 1st June, 2019 at the Wanda Metropolitano in Madrid. Tottenham and Liverpool will go head-to-head in a game that is too close to call. Let us know what bets you are thinking of putting down for this game plus any other relevant chat relating to this show piece event right here! :ok

The final is still a couple of weeks away but i am seriously looking at the following.These are two evenly matched teams with two managers who would like to win the cup at all costs.The more the game goes on even the more the managers would be happy with extra time.Barring an early goal i am thinking of a draw in 90 minutes with odds of 3.40.                                                               AC Milan vs Juventus 2002-3 shootout,Man U and Chelsea 2007/8 shootout,Bayern vs Dortmund Robben winner last minute,Real Madrid vs A Madrid extra time shows that when domestic teams battle it in the final it will be very close.

• 2 weeks later...

OK so the big game is nearly here.  As a spurs fan i'm very nervous- this is the biggest game in the clubs recent history and certainly in my 30 years of supporting them.  It will probably be another 30+ years before they are back in the CL final so it really feels like now or never!

I don't see this being a game like the Europa league final where one team is going to win by a couple of goals or more.  Both teams will be fully committed and I think the outright odds for the match are about right, although spurs are perhaps a touch bigger than I would have them.

I think this game will be quite tight.  Both teams know each other well, and Liverpool are rightful favourites having done so well this season, but I don't think you can write off spurs at all just because they finished 20+ points behind Liverpool in the league.  Both premier league games were tight, with Liverpool only winning the most recent encounter 2-1 because of a massive Lloris blunder. 

Having come through against the odds against City and Ajax I don't think spurs will fear Liverpool. Equally Liverpool will feel confident of their chance having come through so well against Barcelona.  In other words, both teams will feel they have a great chance to win the trophy.

Its tough for me to have a bet in this as i'm naturally biased so will be looking out for some more neutral views!  However, I'm going to go with spurs +1 @ 1.95 (Ladbrokes).  This gives me spurs or the draw on my side for around evens which seems fair enough if this does end up being a tight game as I expect.  

Liverpool FC vs Tottenham

Liverpool FC

Doubtful: Roberto Firmino (34/12 f)

Out (injuries/other): Naby Keïta (25/2 m)

Suspended: 

Tottenham

Doubtful: Jan Vertonghen (22/1 d), Harry Kane (28/17 f, top scorer)(both probably in), Davinson Sánchez (23/1 d), Victor Wanyama (13/1 m), Harry Winks (26/1 m)

Out (injuries/other): Vincent Janssen (3/0 f, ineligible)

Suspended: 

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Tottenham vs Liverpool

The 2019 Champions League Final is finally here. It has felt like a long wait for neutrals so it must have felt like a lifetime for fans of both Tottenham and Liverpool who go head-to-head in this 8pm kick-off at the Wanda Metropolitano in Madrid this coming Saturday.

Tottenham are still waiting on the fitness of club captain Harry Kane ahead of this epic clash. Mauricio Pochettino has even said a fully fit Kane might still not get into the starting eleven after his side's heroic exploits in the semi-final second leg against Ajax. One statistic that shows how well Spurs have done to reach this final is that they have been 20 minutes within elimination from this competition on five occasions this season.

Liverpool narrowly missed out on winning the Premier League title to an immensely superb Manchester City. 97 points was one of the biggest tallies ever achieved in the English top flight but it still wasn't enough. In this game, Jurgen Klopp has a chance to end the season on a high and win his first trophy for the Reds. It is the 9th Champions League/ European Cup final with the club having won the tournament five times before. Unfortunately, they have lost their last two finals in the competition.

This will be Tottenham's first ever final in this competition. The previous five first-time finalists all lost their final. These teams were Valencia in 2000, Bayer Leverkusen in 2002, Monaco in 2004, Arsenal in 2006, and Chelsea in 2008. Not the best omen for their fans.

I'm really not sure where to put the money on this one. Klopp is the man motivator yet when it comes to finals he just hasn't quite got it clicking. It is now six cup final appearances in all competitions without a trophy win for the German manager. It's a run that has continued since 2012.

You cannot deny that both Klopp and Pochettino deserve a trophy win for their efforts with their respective clubs. Pochettino is considered the more superior tactician and could that be what edges it here? His side have survived at the last breath enough in this year's competition to make it feel like it could be their fate. If I was forced to take a punt I would have to back Liverpool though. It might go all the way to penalties because no a lot will separate these two clubs.

Liverpool to Win on Penalties @ 11.00 with Betway

BTTS @ 1.73 with Betfred

@vasilli07, @Xcout, @Icongene, @KikoCy, @DrBetter, @Duuc, @DrO, @immortal--, @Notorious, @betcatalog, @KingSoccertips, @discipline, @Pep004, @HastGill1, @ElPrincipito007, @salmonman, @DW_United, @allthethings, @MightyWell, @liamcorrigan86, @mijOsim, @dorleywilliams, @soccerprediction123, @TOTTI3, @LePapo, @seifer365, @MPLouis, @Jack A, @JJG, @Pipoca, @neilovan, @wcz, @newjack, @matt-e-matticle, @EBTA, @cluelessG, @mtom, @Marek76, @allyhibs, @alani42, @jazzman02, @hristofor, @fhuefdsa @Gedkip, @Carovie, @money44, @Donvitz, @swasya, @vicsuna, @Neubs, @kevlevrone, @Jammycnut, @Hitch, and @WinningAdvice, what bets are you guys looking to place for this game?

Very big showdown, with the whole audience crowd waiting for her with anxiety. All legitimate betting sites have prepared a great Event with many special bets and plenty of choice for all tastes. Liverpool is considered a favorite for the title, but under no circumstances can it be played at odds of 2.00 and below. It is important to score both teams
TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs LIVERPOOL FC @@ Both team to score, odds 1.67

Both teams looked great until the semifinals, when after the first leg of the competition both English sides were looking to exit the competition before the final.

If you look how constant Liverpool was this season loosing the EPL after having a reassuring advantage at one point in the season, when nothing was looking to stop them this time. I believe that the fact that they stood in the same key players all season against City's strong squad with rotation players that could easily cover the ones that were considered first eleven players made them lose enough pace to lose the crown of English football. Yet, with 97 points at the end of the season, any other team from any other league would have won it.

On the other side, Spurs showed their lack of constancy over the season on many occasions and that was due to the fact that they didn't had a strong back line, that did conceded in front of decent attacking opponents. They also had moments in which Spurs's players seem to not be able to keep the ball too much in front of teams that had this style of play, which made them vulnerable at the back where the opponent overcame the defense in many games. The fact that they reached the final stage of the competition, from my point of view, they deserve all the credits for their hard work, but it was a whole lot of luck in the past meeting in this competition, against both Man City and Ajax. With the possible key players missing, as @malabgd pointed out makes it more tempted to look towards Liverpool for this amazing clash.

I don't think that after the lack of luck that this squad of Liverpool had in the past couple of season will blow the opportunity of grabbing the last chance of winning a cup. 

So, after the few details that I've tried to point out, and adding the fact that Alli didn't delivered what everyone expected from the moment Kane looked to be unavailable for the rest of the season, and the lack of reinforcement for Spurs squad, made them look not to bring anything special from the Spurs that we all know in Pochettino's era.

So, I'm betting on Liverpool to win @odds 1.90, Liverpool to score over 1.5 @ 1.83, BTS and over 2,5 @ 2.2

50 minutes ago, johny88 said:

at half time in the locker rooms Liverpool must be laughing really really hard, they came to play a Champions League final but they are actually playing against a bunch of clueless bums from Bulgarian 3rd division

Your father is a bum, because he released you into this world. Condolences.....