** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Premier League Predictions > Aug 25th - 27th

Huddersfield vs Cardiff

The first preview for this weekend's action in the Premier League covers my beloved Cardiff travelling to Huddersfield for a 3pm kick-off on Saturday afternoon in a game that really could deliver a heavy confidence blow to the team that comes away with a defeat.

I think nearly every pre-season predictions table I saw before the first game put these two teams finishing in the bottom. If we are being brutally honest, have we seen anything so far that suggests that won't happen? Probably not. Does that mean it's destined to happen? Of course not. It's still early days.

Huddersfield survived by the skin of their teeth last season but that defied expectation. Yes, after two games they are bottom of the Premier League with a -8 goal difference. However, they have played Chelsea away and Manchester City at home. Hardly a fair way to gauge their season so far.

David Wagner has invested in his squad over the summer by making a few loan deals permanent and bringing in some new faces. The trouble his side have had so far is that they can't keep the goals out. Goalkeeper Ben Hamer came under fire particularly after his decision-making against City. Will Wagner opt for Jonas Lossl this time around?

Cardiff started with a very disappointing 2-0 defeat away to Bournemouth. It wasn't a game the Bluebirds necessarily felt they should have won but after a positive opening 30 minutes with a few chances going amiss it was a lesson in Premier League football that felt very similar to our first season in the Championship back in 2003/04 when we lost 2-0 at home to a mediocre Bradford.

Still, the performance against Newcastle was far more encouraging and it now feels we are just a goalscorer away from giving the top flight a proper crack. The signings of Harry Arter and Victor Camarasa have stabilised the fragile central midfield area and the defence is showing they can cope with the attacking threat of Premier League pace and creativity. Until either Kenneth Zohore starts scoring or Neil Warnock shifts to a two man strike force I can't see us getting more than 1 goal in a game if we're lucky. We're relying on set pieces and that's a dangerous game to play.

At this current moment, I can't see us winning a game on the road. I think we might cause Huddersfield problems because they don't like it when teams back off them. It nullifies Wagner's counter attacking game. Can we snatch a narrow win on Saturday? I fancy us to really push the Terriers. Unfortunately, I just think there will be a "must not lose" approach adopted by both sides. I can see a draw but fear we might lose to a single goal. Maybe that's supporter pessimism kicking in though. Interested to hear what @Kenton Schweppes has to say.

Draw @ 3.10 with William Hill

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.53 with Betfred

@Mindfulness, @Pep004, @MaliMisko12, @betcatalog, @sajtion, @godofhorses, @Tiffy, @waynecoyne, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @Duke_Tm, @dogmeister, @Arkadi Manucharov, @derbent, @fat, @allyhibs, @6avin24, @discipline, @the bastardian, @Bronxie, @Bett@KikoCy, @teddybear3011, @markus808, @allthethings, @Kenton Schweppes, @vasilli07, @Dylan Lynch, @neilovan, @JKos, @zemo91, @kulikTS, @mrclubbie, @Judeksi, @Henind666, @Teodore, @kilkenny1, @PokerWolf1, @Dave1X2, @real55555, @jazzman02, @Ameer13, @Gedkip, and @AndreBR, what are your thoughts on these games and this preview?

25/08/2018

(1) Wolves vs Man city

Narrow win for Pep's team

Wolves 0-1 Man city FT

(2)Arsenal vs west ham

Comfortable home win

Arsenal 3-1 Newcastle FT

Aubemeyang to score

(3)Bournemouth vs Everton

Tricky game between in form Bournemouth and rejuvenated Toffees. But I have feeling home team will sneak with a narrow win

Bournemouth 2-1Everton FT

(4) Huddersfield vs Cardiff

Difficult game but Huddersfield will sneak with a narrow win

Huddersfield 2-1Cardiff

(5)Southampton vs Leicester .

I predict home win

Southampton 1-0 Leicester FT

(6) Liverpool vs Brighton.

Comfortable win for the reds.

Liverpool 3-0FT

I thought Huddersfield were reasonable in the first game of the season versus Chelsea. They played some decent soccer, just were not very clinical. I have not watched Cardiff this season. For teams like Cardiff and Huddersfield, Southampton etc to survive they have to win these home games. I think Huddersfield may get over the line here.

Hello 

I am glad that we are active and I like to read good information,because I am working(I have summer job) so I dont have to much time to analyise all of matches.But first weekend I get money on Crystal Palace against Fulham and Tottenham vs Newcastle.Second weekend I felt down on Newcastle against Cardiff.

So my tip for this weekend is Fulham-Burnley(Win for Fulham) 1

I watched them against Watford and yestrday against Olympiciaos and I can see they dont have so energy.Next reason they travel a lot,from Greece to above Manchester and for the player thats a lot.Next reason is pressure under Slavisa Jokanovic and Fulham.They spend 100 milion £ and on Sunday they need 3 point.The return of Maiwson in defence they can be solid back there

Arsenal vs West Ham

It was very tough to decide which game to preview as my second match of this round. I've got the Manchester United versus Tottenham game pegged down but I needed an earlier game as well. After much consideration I went with the 3pm kick-off this Saturday at the Emirates Stadium between Arsenal and West Ham.

This match is between two teams that are undergoing a makeover. Unai Emery arguably has the tougher job of completely revolutionising a club that was run from top to bottom by Arsene Wenger. It's an almost impossible job. Compare that to Manuel Pellegrini who is simply coming in and building on the solid work that David Moyes had started at the London Stadium.

Arsenal had perhaps the hardest start to a league season in years by any club with reigning champions Manchester City at home and an impressive Chelsea away. The performance against City was harshly criticised but some issues were addressed and even though the Gunners lost at Stamford Bridge they had enough key chances that they missed. It has created some optimism amongst the fans.

West Ham are going through their annual early turmoil. Pellegrini appears to already have been judged by some sections of the supporters and media. Pellegrini spent over £88 million on new signings such as Felipe Anderson, Issa Diop, Lukasz Fabianski, and Andriy Yarmolenko but it appears that nothing has really changed from last season. It's only two games in but the resounding defeat away to Liverpool lacked backbone and the home defeat to Bournemouth was poor. Maybe it's just a case of teething problems. It would probably help if Pellegrini stopped playing Jack Wilshere who really is vastly overrated.

Anyway, I get the impression that Emery is on the verge of making it click already at Arsenal. It feels a lot like when Antonio Conte came in at Chelsea. Arsenal had periods of total breathless football last weekend. If they can focus on that and prolong those periods of dominance then they could tear teams apart. I actually think they could turn the Hammers over convincingly here.

Arsenal -1 @ 1.95 with Coral

Arsenal HT/FT @ 2.00 with Betfred

Wolverhampton v Manchester City

Wolverhampton: Leander Dendoncker (0/0 m, doubtful), Ivan Cavaleiro (0/0 f)

Manchester City: Claudio Bravo (0/0 g), Kevin de Bruyne (1/0 m), Philippe Sandler (0/0 d), Eliaquim Mangala (0/0 d), Danilo (0/0 d)

Arsenal v West Ham

Arsenal: Ainsley Maitland-Niles (1/0 m), Carl Jenkinson (0/0 d), Laurent Koscielny (0/0 d), Sead Kolašinac (0/0 d)

West Ham: Mark Noble (2/0 m, captain, probably out), Andy Carroll (0/0 f), Winston Reid (0/0 d), Manuel Lanzini (0/0 m)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Meh, so so card this weekend, to be honest i dig spurs vs manu priced at 3.10 bet365, i think price will go down on them. But what i've seen from spurs thus far is fairly shaky start. They had a hardtime vs newcastle, and well they allowed fullham to score so over 2.5 at 2 bet365 seems reasonably priced and fairly possible. Granted h2h between the two teams looks more like an under, but given the current form of Utd i'd say its a good bet. Hell even smaller bet on Spurs to win is good for me.

Newcastle - Chelsea

I like bts or possibly +0,5 on the home team. Chelsea looked good vs Arsenal and it was an entertaining game, but defensively speaking there wasn't any. Sarri still needs work with Chelsea. BTS&O2.5 also looks good to me priced at 2.30@Bet365.

Watford - Palace

Hard match to call, I'm leaning towards home team simply due to their winning streak. I haven't watched Watford this year so i'll stay out for now. Maybe draw judging from h2h?

Fullham - Burnley

HT is getting hammered, but avoid from me. Most likely they will win, but i have no idea.

Liverpool - Brighton

Comfortable HT win but giving them -2,5 for even odds is ridic to me. I'll wait in play and hopefully they won't score after 2 mins and maybe we can squeeze out a good bet.

Shampton - Leicester - avoid

Hudders - Cardiff - avoid

Bournemouth - Everton - odds suck, i'd play over 2,5 or bts but odds suck on both, even combined is below evens so no bet.

Arsenal - WH

Don't really trust Arsenal nowdays, but i gotta give em some credit that they'll blow away WH. Even looking at H2H you gotta give gunners -1,5 here, it's decent price.

Wolves vs City

No bet, shitty odds, maybe o3.5?

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Premier League

Liverpool won their last 4 games in Premier League.
Manchester City won their last 3 games in Premier League.
Bournemouth won their last 3 games in Premier League.
Huddersfield Town has over 2.5 goals in their last 5 games in Premier League.
Manchester City scored over 1.5 goals in last 3 games in Premier League.

You can find interesting 101 Football Betting Streaks for 25.08.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-25-08-2018-10982

Ahem, deep breath here we go again, pretty sure I said city 6 Huddersfield 1 last week, was very happy with myself, checked on here I said 5-0 :). so even if it is just for humour, here I go again

Wolves 1 City 3. think Wolves may be a bit brighter here than many think, but in the end City's class will tell, and the score I predict says that, I actually don't see many teams going to Wolves and putting 3 or 4 on the board but City will. FIRST GOALSCORER: AGUERRO

Arsenal 2  West Ham 1 this early season relegation battle (keep ya pants on gooners i'm joking) West Ham spent big but sometimes it is not easy to gel so many changes together, Arsenal are also in a transition of getting to know the new manager, i'm edging Arsenal home in this one, because I think they'll have to much fire power for a shaky west ham. FIRST GOALSCORER: Aubameyang

Bournemouth 2 Everton 2. Good Start from the cherries this season, I expect their unbeaten run to continue with a hard fought draw in this one, Everton will see a draw as a good result in the scheme of things. FIRST GOALSCORER: WILSON

Huddersfield 2 Cardiff 0. Huddersfield probably can't believe their Luck, Chelsea then City, now Cardiff, I think Huddersfield will finally get their season off to a start in this one, Cardiff look a bit out of their depth at the moment making the adjustment, I hope they do make it though as I like Neil Warnock, however I think the terriers will be desperate to extend their stay in the top flight and with the greatest respect will see this game as one they should/need to win, so i'm going 2-0.FIRST GOALSCORER:MOOY

Southampton 1 Leicester 3 think I bumped my head here!!! think Southampton are in for a long hard slog this season and think a home defeat to the foxes is on the cards, i see Leicester flying out the blocks and then snatching a 3rd on the counter.FIRST GOALSCORER: D. GRAY

Liverpool 3 Brighton 1. Brighton no doubt feeling as high as they possibly could after a very well deserved victory over United, but Sorry seagulls, these reds will have way to match attacking flair that said I see Brighton scoring but Liverpool will already be comfortable by then. FIRST GOALSCORER:VAN DIJK

Ahhhhhhh Sunday football

Watford 2 Palace 2. I need to start predicting some low scoring games me thinks, but I see goals here, I think both teams will be safe this year and see a point against each other as an ok result, I've always had a soft spot for Palace, so my predictions may appear eagles friendly :)FIRST GOALSCORER: BENTEKE (YES BENTEKE)

Fulham 1 Burnley 1. Burnley are having that usual can't concentrate on Europe and premier league syndrome, and I think they'll get a point here all be it hard earned and they would probably want more. FIRST GOALSCORER: MITROVIC

Newcastle 1 Chelsea 2. Newcastle are of to an ok start and should of nicked all 3 points at Cardiff last week, however I think they'll push Chelsea close but ultimately Chelsea will have to much. FIRST GOALSCORER: KANTE

Monday Night Football

Man United 1 Spurs 2. Now many won't know but I am a United fan, but also a realist :). United offer very little going forward at the moment and this isn't a great change from the last 3 or 4 seasons, they will set out not to conceded early and try nick it, not the United way at OT, but i think it'll backfire and Spurs will score in the opening 15 mins and the Jose plan will go out the Window, and I see Spurs going 2 up before United pull one back late on but don't really muster a flurry. FIRST GOALSCORER: ERIKKSON

Edited by Roy The Boy

When I look at the list of fixtures and odds for this week it's Leicester that keeps jumping out at me. They're off to a solid start with a win on the board already and could be a side to watch this season. There's not much to get excited about Southampton, they look like strugglers already, the odds on the away win look good value. Leicester @ 3.10.

On 23/08/2018 at 12:56 PM, StevieDay1983 said:

Huddersfield vs Cardiff

The first preview for this weekend's action in the Premier League covers my beloved Cardiff travelling to Huddersfield for a 3pm kick-off on Saturday afternoon in a game that really could deliver a heavy confidence blow to the team that comes away with a defeat.

I think nearly every pre-season predictions table I saw before the first game put these two teams finishing in the bottom. If we are being brutally honest, have we seen anything so far that suggests that won't happen? Probably not. Does that mean it's destined to happen? Of course not. It's still early days.

Huddersfield survived by the skin of their teeth last season but that defied expectation. Yes, after two games they are bottom of the Premier League with a -8 goal difference. However, they have played Chelsea away and Manchester City at home. Hardly a fair way to gauge their season so far.

David Wagner has invested in his squad over the summer by making a few loan deals permanent and bringing in some new faces. The trouble his side have had so far is that they can't keep the goals out. Goalkeeper Ben Hamer came under fire particularly after his decision-making against City. Will Wagner opt for Jonas Lossl this time around?

Cardiff started with a very disappointing 2-0 defeat away to Bournemouth. It wasn't a game the Bluebirds necessarily felt they should have won but after a positive opening 30 minutes with a few chances going amiss it was a lesson in Premier League football that felt very similar to our first season in the Championship back in 2003/04 when we lost 2-0 at home to a mediocre Bradford.

Still, the performance against Newcastle was far more encouraging and it now feels we are just a goalscorer away from giving the top flight a proper crack. The signings of Harry Arter and Victor Camarasa have stabilised the fragile central midfield area and the defence is showing they can cope with the attacking threat of Premier League pace and creativity. Until either Kenneth Zohore starts scoring or Neil Warnock shifts to a two man strike force I can't see us getting more than 1 goal in a game if we're lucky. We're relying on set pieces and that's a dangerous game to play.

At this current moment, I can't see us winning a game on the road. I think we might cause Huddersfield problems because they don't like it when teams back off them. It nullifies Wagner's counter attacking game. Can we snatch a narrow win on Saturday? I fancy us to really push the Terriers. Unfortunately, I just think there will be a "must not lose" approach adopted by both sides. I can see a draw but fear we might lose to a single goal. Maybe that's supporter pessimism kicking in though. Interested to hear what @Kenton Schweppes has to say.

Draw @ 3.10 with William Hill

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.53 with Betfred

@Mindfulness, @Pep004, @MaliMisko12, @betcatalog, @sajtion, @godofhorses, @Tiffy, @waynecoyne, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @Duke_Tm, @dogmeister, @Arkadi Manucharov, @derbent, @fat, @allyhibs, @6avin24, @discipline, @the bastardian, @Bronxie, @Bett@KikoCy, @teddybear3011, @markus808, @allthethings, @Kenton Schweppes, @vasilli07, @Dylan Lynch, @neilovan, @JKos, @zemo91, @kulikTS, @mrclubbie, @Judeksi, @Henind666, @Teodore, @kilkenny1, @PokerWolf1, @Dave1X2, @real55555, @jazzman02, @Ameer13, @Gedkip, and @AndreBR, what are your thoughts on these games and this preview?

Hi Stevie

A big game for both of us today, no question, we both could do with 3 points today. We have had an awful start no one was expecting any points from the first two but it's the manner of defeat that worries us Town fans at the minute.

I'm expecting you to be a big threat from set plays today but we'll see how it plays out. I'm not convinced we've strengthened well enough to stay up this time either.

Cardiff are priced at 12/5 to win and 8/1 to win 1-0, which seem to be good bets, even to the point of sensible. I wouldn't be surprised if you did win today....cue a 4-0 win for us.

17 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Arsenal vs West Ham

It was very tough to decide which game to preview as my second match of this round. I've got the Manchester United versus Tottenham game pegged down but I needed an earlier game as well. After much consideration I went with the 3pm kick-off this Saturday at the Emirates Stadium between Arsenal and West Ham.

This match is between two teams that are undergoing a makeover. Unai Emery arguably has the tougher job of completely revolutionising a club that was run from top to bottom by Arsene Wenger. It's an almost impossible job. Compare that to Manuel Pellegrini who is simply coming in and building on the solid work that David Moyes had started at the London Stadium.

Arsenal had perhaps the hardest start to a league season in years by any club with reigning champions Manchester City at home and an impressive Chelsea away. The performance against City was harshly criticised but some issues were addressed and even though the Gunners lost at Stamford Bridge they had enough key chances that they missed. It has created some optimism amongst the fans.

West Ham are going through their annual early turmoil. Pellegrini appears to already have been judged by some sections of the supporters and media. Pellegrini spent over £88 million on new signings such as Felipe Anderson, Issa Diop, Lukasz Fabianski, and Andriy Yarmolenko but it appears that nothing has really changed from last season. It's only two games in but the resounding defeat away to Liverpool lacked backbone and the home defeat to Bournemouth was poor. Maybe it's just a case of teething problems. It would probably help if Pellegrini stopped playing Jack Wilshere who really is vastly overrated.

Anyway, I get the impression that Emery is on the verge of making it click already at Arsenal. It feels a lot like when Antonio Conte came in at Chelsea. Arsenal had periods of total breathless football last weekend. If they can focus on that and prolong those periods of dominance then they could tear teams apart. I actually think they could turn the Hammers over convincingly here.

Arsenal -1 @ 1.95 with Coral

Arsenal HT/FT @ 2.00 with Betfred

I think Arsenal destroy West Ham today. They have so many attacking options. Mkhitaryan, Aubameyang, Lacazette , Ozil. I really like Matteo Guendouzi. He could have a fantastic season. One hell of a start to your career facing Man CIty and Chelsea back-to-back, and I think he did really well. It will get easier for him, as he grows into his role there.

Pelligrini is trying to play like he did when in charge of Man CIty. The problem is that the talent at his disposal is not near the same quality. In essence he is asking players to do what they cannot !  I think you see an open game here, in which Arsenal win quiet easily. Arsenal have won 7 of their last 9 at home (all over 2.5 goals, losing twice to Man CIty). I think you see similar in this game, and the odds of 1.85 for the Home win and over 2.5 are generous.

Newcastle United lost their last 3 home games in Premier League.
Chelsea scored in last 4 away games in Premier League.
Crystal Palace won their last 5 away games in Premier League.
Watford scored in last 8 games in Premier League.

You can find interesting 95 Football Betting Streaks for 26.08.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-26-08-2018-11008

Odds on Newcastle are very generous, especially as they have won four of their last five home Premier League matches against Chelsea (4-1-0). I'll have some of that @5.3 (local).

Some stats to back me up here: 

Newcastle United have won their three home Premier League games on Sunday in 2018 (against Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea) while Chelsea have lost all three of theirs away from home (against Man Utd, Man City and Newcastle).

1 hour ago, Marek76 said:

Odds on Newcastle are very generous, especially as they have won four of their last five home Premier League matches against Chelsea (4-1-0). I'll have some of that @5.3 (local).

Some stats to back me up here: 

Newcastle United have won their three home Premier League games on Sunday in 2018 (against Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea) while Chelsea have lost all three of theirs away from home (against Man Utd, Man City and Newcastle).

Yes and another fact "Newcastle are undefeated in five Premier League home matches against Chelsea, winning four."

Personally I'm gonna go for the draw.

I've taken Burnley @ 4.21. This seems an absurd price given what they have been able to do away to the lesser sides since promoting. In spite of their current glut of fixtures (they're home having to save their European adventure on Thursday), they should fancy a chance to put a ball or two in the net here.

16 hours ago, betcatalog said:

Homecoming Nicolas seems to be not yet ready and has difficulty getting results, on the other hand Chelsea has a lot of quality and can win
NEWCASTLE UNITED vs CHELSEA FC @@ CHELSEA FC, odds 1.70

Good shout. Who is Homecoming Nicolas?

Tottenham has over 2.5 goals in their last 6 games in Premier League.
Manchester United scored in last 11 home games in Premier League.
Tottenham has over 2.5 goals in their last 4 away games in Premier League.
Manchester United has over 2.5 goals in their last 3 home games in Premier League.
Tottenham scored in last 6 games in Premier League.

You can find interesting 50 Football Betting Streaks for 27.08.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-27-08-2018-11011

Manchester United vs Tottenham

The big game of the weekend is up tonight in an 8pm kick-off when Manchester United welcome Tottenham to Old Trafford. Both teams endured frustrating transfer windows on the arrivals front but both can also be pleased that none of their big names departed through the exit door.

Jose Mourinho has been at the centre of a media storm this week with his 259 second press conference. The Red Devils manager has been accused of being in a rift with club chief executive Ed Woodward over transfer policy. Rumours are fast spreading that the United hierarchy are losing patience in Mourinho and despite offering him a contract extension at the start of the year refused to give him inflated funds because they didn't have faith that he could deliver success that such spending would demand.

Mauricio Pochettino is a positive contrast to Mourinho. The Argentine suffered an equally frustrating transfer window but he has maintained his dignity, kept his team playing, and proceeded to continue to win games. Despite experiencing similar woes, the atmospheres at the two clubs could not be any different.

United will be desperate to avoid a second successive defeat after their loss last week to Brighton. The opening weekend win over Leicester arguably papered over some cracks that were heavily exposed against the Seagulls. The potential return of Nemanja Matic could be a welcome relief to Mourinho. It is becoming increasingly obvious that his whole game plan revolves around the Serbian midfielder. How effective will Matic be if he isn't 100% fit though?

Tottenham will be quietly confident they can get their first win at Old Trafford since New Year's Day in 2014. However, this is a Spurs team that has lost on 21 times at Old Trafford during the Premier League era. That is a Premier League record for the most defeats by any team at a single away ground. Harry Kane also broke his August duck last weekend and the team has started very well considering so many players had an exhausting summer with the World Cup.

Interestingly, United have not lost more than one league game from their opening three league matches of a season since the 1992/93 season. It would be devastating if that happened this weekend and would pile further pressure on Mourinho after a turbulent start to this campaign both on and off the pitch.

Mourinho has an overwhelming advantage over Pochettino in their head-to-head record. The Portuguese manager has prevailed victorious against his rival 11 times in competitive games. Pochettino does not have a worse record against any other manager. Is Mourinho his bogey manager?

Another fascinating statistic is that Kane has only scored one goal in his previous eight matches against United. Is it wise to steer clear of him here or now he has broken one duck with the August goal, is it worth backing him to break another duck in this game?

If you're thinking this could be a low-scoring game then you'd have every right to back that. Both teams have scored in just 1 of the last 8 league meetings between these clubs. Just 1 of the last 4 league meetings has seen over 2.5 goals scored. A war of attrition is often a good way to describe these games.

This game is incredibly hard to call. United clearly have issues and Mourinho's antics mimic his behaviour the season Chelsea sacked him during his second stint with the club. Something is obviously badly wrong behind the scenes at Old Trafford. United are vulnerable and Spurs are in a great place to take advantage of that.

Unfortunately, for Pochettino, I think there's this block that means he can't quite crack Mourinho. If Matic doesn't start then I could perhaps see Tottenham exploiting that and sneaking a narrow win. Otherwise, the best I can see happening is a draw for Tottenham. I'm backing a low-scoring game though!

Draw @ 3.40 with Betfred

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.88 with MarathonBet