FA Cup Predictions > Mar 2nd - 5th

facupodds.jpg

Ah, the game's gone mad! FA Cup 5th Round matches being played across the space of a whole week! Down with modern football! The only benefit is that we get the opportunity to watch every game across four days of action. Here are the odds for the eight ties. Check them out and let us know what bets you're putting down! :ok

@Mindfulness, @Pep004, @MaliMisko12, @betcatalog, @sajtion, @godofhorses, @Tiffy, @waynecoyne, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @Duke_Tm, @dogmeister, @Arkadi Manucharov, @derbent, @fat, @allyhibs, @6avin24, @discipline, @the bastardian, @Bronxie, @Bett@KikoCy, @teddybear3011, @markus808, @allthethings, @Kenton Schweppes, @vasilli07, @Dylan Lynch, @neilovan, @JKos, @zemo91, @kulikTS, @mrclubbie, @Judeksi, @Henind666, @Dave1X2, @canaries91, @jazzman02, @sajtion, @Darran, @postmanplod69, @eddiem, @bartonbank, @yossa6133, @Teodore, @thinkpink63, @Carovie, @i1_principe, @MrJol, @shrewd., @AussieDex. @Rey86, @ivanhoe, @Ameer, @Neubs, @BHAadam, and @AndreBR.

I´m on Sheffield Utd. so far. They had a off-Weekend and playing a solid Season and they are safe now in the League. On other Side Reading who had a Midweek Match last week and had to play Weekend Game. So Rotation here more then possible and also i think Sheffield Utd will play with some good Starting XI.

Football Facts and Streaks regarding FA Cup

There have been under 2.5 goals scored in West Brom’s last 5 games in FA Cup.
Chelsea have won 86% of their last 7 matches in FA Cup.
Sheff Utd have won their last 4 matches against Reading in all competitions.

You can find interesting 43 Football Betting Streaks for 03.03.2020 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-03-03-2020-17976

Have to share this little nugget. My database in the FA Cup goes back to 2009, and it's a small sample, but the results in the 8th-finals are surprising. Big dogs away get outright wins at a high rate when they're in the up-to-5.00 range (no matches fit this year), and big home dogs are 0-7-15 (32% draws). The surprising thing is it's the home dogs of greater than 8.00 that are most responsible. Those huge dogs are 0-5-5. Most recent was Rochdale taking Spurs to a replay in 2018 as dogs of 14.74. The year before, Huddersfield (10.80) drew 0-0 with Man City. Oldham, Orient, Stevenage got draws home to Everton, Arsenal, Spurs in 2013-2011 as dogs of around 9.00. Anyway, Sheffield Wednesday home to Man City are currently at 14.00, and with draw at 7.05 you might consider it.

Football Facts and Streaks regarding FA Cup

Man City have won with at least a 3 goal margin in their last 3 matches in FA Cup.
Man City have scored at least 4 goals in their last 3 matches in FA Cup.
There have been under 2.5 goals scored in 80% of Leicester’s last 10 games in FA Cup.
Man City have won their last 8 matches in FA Cup.
There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 88% of Man City’s last 8 games in FA Cup.
Man City have won 83% of their last 6 matches against Sheff Wed in all competitions.

You can find interesting 36 Football Betting Streaks for 04.03.2020 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-04-03-2020-17979

sheffield wednesday v manchester city

wednesdays only chance in this would be if they put out a combative team and city played a weakened team.

I don't think this will happen as wednesdays two most aggresive midfielders hutchinson and luongo are out of favour and injured respectively .

Guardiola rested a few on sunday and also with them being out of the premiership title race, i think they will put a strong team out

and expect city to win easily.

i have bought the city  supremacy at 2.25 goals, phil fodens goal minutes at 12 (sporting index) and also backed city to win

6-0,6-1,7-0,7-1, at 35/1, 50/1, 90/1,150/1 (paddy power)

From a confident owls fan (confident that we will get hammered that is).

Leicester vs Birmingham

The FA Cup 5th Round action continues through this week with tonight being the busiest night as three ties are played. I'm focusing on the match between Leicester and Birmingham that has a 7:45pm GMT start at the King Power Stadium. Everything appears to be pointing at a convincing home win but is there any value in backing the underdog to take something in the 90 minutes?

Leicester have had a very positive season so far with a Champions League qualification spot looking almost done and dusted. The Foxes also reached the EFL Cup Semi-Finals where they narrowly lost out to eventual runners-up Aston Villa. This is a huge chance for Brendan Rodgers and his players to take a step closer to another cup semi-final. The big news is that the team is without talisman Jamie Vardy who is still suffering with his calf injury. The good news is that his likely replacement Kelechi Iheanacho has scored 10 goals in 13 FA Cup appearances including 9 goals in 9 starts. Yes, injury concerns and bad form might be an issue but Leicester haven't lost a home FA Cup tie against a side placed in a lower division than them since their shock 2-1 loss to Wycombe back in 2001.

Birmingham are starting to look a lot more accomplished as a side in recent weeks. 10 league games undefeated might be a slightly warped stat given that they've drawn their last 4 league games so technically haven't won for four matches but it shows that Pep Clotet's team have made themselves hard to beat. The Blues have made a habit out of grinding results out away from home. Unfortunately, the club have been eliminated from the FA Cup in their last six meetings with Premier League clubs.

Head-to-head meetings are grim reading for Birmingham fans with Leicester having progressed from all of their six FA Cup encounters with their Midlands opponents. Even across all competitions, Leicester are undefeated against Birmingham in their last five meetings. I have to say that it looks tough to bet against Leicester. I think Birmingham will put up a fight so it won't be easy for the home side but I'm willing to back a narrow win.

BTTS @ 1.95 with Bet365

Anytime Scorer: Kelechi Iheanacho @ 2.04 with 888Sport

Derby vs Manchester United

The final FA Cup 5th Round tie this week comes up tonight in a 7:45pm GMT kick-off at Pride Park between Championship side Derby and Premier League club Manchester United. It's been unofficially dubbed the "Wayne Rooney Derby" which works on a couple of levels and is probably the worst tag-line for a game of football I've ever heard in my life. Here's our preview anyway!

Derby are mid-table mediocrity in the second tier of English football right now but they're looking forward to this clash with one of the great names in British football. The Rams had been on a decent run after Christmas that coincided with Rooney's arrival but last weekend's 3-1 win away to Sheffield Wednesday put an end to a winless run in the league of 4 matches. Phillip Cocu's men have already taken the scalp of one top flight side in the shape of Crystal Palace in the 3rd Round. However, they are looking to reach their first FA Cup Quarter-Final since 1998/99 having lost their last five 5th Round games.

Manchester United fans will not need reminding that it was Derby who knocked them out of the EFL Cup last season on penalties at Old Trafford. The Red Devils are finding a bit of form having gone unbeaten in their last 8 competitive matches. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer can take confidence from the fact that United have progressed from each of their last 10 FA Cup 5th Round matches and have navigated their way past teams placed in a lower division on the last 45 of 46 occasions.

If Derby fans are looking for hope in the history books then they'll be disappointed. Derby have lost their last 8 FA Cup ties against Manchester United. You actually have to go back to 1896/97 to see the last time Derby beat Manchester United in the FA Cup. I do want to refer back to @allthethings and his quality post about the underdogs over the price of 8.00 being worth a backing when at home. Derby are best priced at 6.5. That's got to be worth a double chance at the very least.

Derby Double Chance @ 2.51 with Marathonbet

Anytime Scorer: Wayne Rooney @ 4.50 with BetVictor