** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Premier League Predictions > Aug 10th - 12th

eplodds.jpg

The first round of Premier League fixtures for the 2018/19 season have been released. It's crazy to think that the first weekend of action is only just over a month away. On a personal note, great to see Cardiff listed down there. It feels like this time it's for real after the farce of the re-brand last time.

Check out these odds and have a look to see what you think is offering the best value. Lots of time to chat about it but it's never too early! :drums

• 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, Ameer13 said:

I like Man United -1   

normally after lots of problems and issues with such what happened inside the club and what mourinho said , then we get score like 3-0 win :)

this what happen normally in Arab leagues , I hope same theory Work in EPL :) 

I always used to think it wasn't worth backing Manchester United with a handicap under Jose Mourinho because he'd grind out results but looking at the facts it's not quite true. United won 13 of their league games by two goals or more last season. At home against a Leicester side that I feel are in decline I would say that's a fair bet to make.

• StevieDay1983 changed the title to Premier League Predictions > Aug 10th - 12th

Manchester United vs Leicester

Jose Mourinho knows how to handle Claude puel. Man U has allowed 13 to depart and brought 10 arrivals;Fred ,Diego Dalot, Lee Grant and so on.Leicester has allowed 12 to depart; Rihyad Mahrez,Ahmed Musa,Robert Huth,Ben harmer etc. The club has 16 arrivals namely; Richard Ghezzal,Riccardo Pereira,Danny ward and many more. Man U  played big teams in preseason which improved players confidence level. On the other hand, Leicester played inexperienced teams during their preseason.

I predict a  win for United 3-0

Edited by Gedkip
Incomplete

(1)Newcastle United vs Tottenham.

Newcastle has 22 departures and 20 arrivals; Salomon Randon,Fabian Scharr etc.on the other hand, Tottenham has 4 departures and 11 arrivals mostly players from loan. Newcastle played weak teams in their preseason and lost some, while Tottenham without most of their world cup stars played strong teams, As Roma,Ac Milan, Barcelona which boosted player's confidence level.

This is a difficult encounter but I predict narrow win for Tottenham  Newcastle 1-2 Tottenham.

(2)Wolves vs Everton

Wolves the newly promoted team has 30 departures and 30 arrivals; J Moutinho,Raul Jimenez, Johnny Castro from Atletico Madrid and so on. On the other hand, Everton has 19 departures(Ashley Williams, Kevin Mirallas and so on) and 21 arrivals;Richarlison, Lucas Digne from Barcelona etc.

Nuno Espirito, wolves coach has a vast experience in football. He has coached the likes of Fc Porto,Valencia etc. With that in mind I am certain Wolves winning against Everton side .

Wolves 2--0 Everton

Edited by Gedkip
Spelling

Sunday Games

(1) Liverpool vs West ham

Liverpool is still a strong team and Jurgen Klopp has also brought 15 arrivals and allowed 17 players to depart the club. The likes of Alisson world class goalkeeper, Fabinho,Shaqiri best midfielder and Naby Keita. On the other hand, West ham have a new coach Manuel Pelligrini with vast experience in coaching. The coach has allowed 14 to depart and brought 14 arrivals the likes of Jack Wilshere,Lukas Fabianski,  Felipe Anderson,Fabian Balbuena,Andirly Yarmolenko and so on.  Despite the fact that pelligrini has coached Real Madrid, Manchester city he is coming from Hebei a team in China league which is a bit low as compared to EPL.West ham is still a weak team but will improve with time, I predict  comfortable win for Liverpool 3-0

(2) Southampton vs Burnley

Southampton struggled a little bit las season but managed to overcome Relegation. They ended up recruiting Mark Hughes as their coach early this year. He has allowed 9 players to depart and brought 13 players;Jannik v,Angus Gunn, S Armstrong and so on with an aim to bolster the squad. On the hand, Burnley is still under Sean Dyche who helped them to reach Europa play offs. Dyche has 9 departures and 11 new arrivals in the team. Both teams will require more time for new players to integrate into their systems.

I predict away Win Southampton  0-1 Burnley

(3) Arsenal vs Manchester city 

This is the first big game for 2018/19 EPL. Unai Emery is the new coach for Arsenal, and the guy has vast experience from Valencia, Sevilla and PSG which won treble in the French League. Manchester city, defending EPL champions is still under the management of Pep Guardiola. The two coaches once met 10 times in LA Liga( Pep 6 wins,4 Draws & 0 losses). At that time Pep was coaching Barcelona which was then a strong team UEFA champions but Unai was with Valencia a very weak team.

Arsenal have allowed 19 to depart and brought 16 arrivals;M Geundouzzi, Lucas Torreira,sokratis,B Leno, s lichsteiner and so on. On the other hand, Manchester city has allowed 17 to depart and brought  21 arrivals; Rihyad Mahrez,A laporte,Philippe Sandler and many more. Pep's team is still very strong but they are meeting a rejuvenated Arsenal Team under Unai Emery.

I predict  Arsenal 2-2 Manchester city

Edited by Gedkip
Missing information

Some early thoughts (prices from local bookie)

Man Utd are in problems and at 1.45 too short imo. Leicester with Puel at helm didnt convince me last season though. Depends who starts the game in defence for utd but away team over 0.5 goals seems decent at 1.88.

Newcastle same story, lot of disagreement between Rafa and the board, no money for transfers etc... Tottenham on the other hand doesn't usually has good start in league, I see this as a low scoring game where Tottenham maybe grind out positive result. Under 2.5 pays 1.77 and under 3.5 pays 1.25 which is decent enough for some fun long shot acca.

Bournemouth v Cardiff, I expect open game where Bournemouth will want three point on home turf against newly promoted side, and Cardiff giving their all in the first game to see where they stand among relegation battlers. BTTS on the cards, 1.77.

Fulham v Palace, long shot but i sense draw here, might have it in some acca for fun. Price 3.20.

Wolves v Everton, no matter how good Wolves seem to be and how dominantly they won Championship and what players they have brought in, Santo is yet to taste PL football. Marco Silva proved himself at Hull and Watford, and I expect some big things from him with this Everton team. Easy double chance X2 which pays 1.54.

Southampton v Burnley, again huge price on away team, Hughes didn't impress me at all (luckily avoided relegation last season), and Dyche did a very good job. Double chance X2 at 1.90 seems like the way to go.

HI all,

I am running machine learning algorithms (python programming) over all the fixtures this season.  Man United to win at odds of .47 means the implied odds are (1/1.47) or 68% for the home win. My model comes up with a possible win percentage of about 56% for the home win. SO my feeling is at 1.47 it is probably not a good bet.   

Then add to it a negative vibe from Mourinho, coupled with a pretty lousy preseason, no star names added to the squad, and a lot of disruption from the world cup, it def looks like a land mine. Not that Leicester are very good... but I would sit this one out .

The game I do find ridiculously priced is Southampton at .85 against Burnley. That's crazy in my opinion. Saints under Hughes will be pretty similar to last season.  What have they done off season to suggest these kind of odds?  I would be opposing that bet either with the away win or the away double chance . Burnley priced at 4 to 1 fr the away win or  2.14 (bet365) for the away double chance !

Southampton V Burnley

Burnley +0.75 AH @ 1.85 Betvictor

I agree with the above posts regarding this game. The markets are loving Southampton in the build-up to the new season and I can't understand why. Pre-season has been less than impressive for them both in the transfer window and performances in friendlies. It may take a while for Mark Hughes to get the conditioning and balance of the team up to scratch.

Burnley are already a complete team under Sean Dyche. They certainly improved their away record last season, 6th strongest in the division. Compare that to Southampton's home record; 2nd worst in the division. Obviously the dynamics may change this season as Burnley have Europa League football to contend with, at least in the short term. Some maybe concerned by the fact that Burnley have to play in Turkey on Thursday, three days before the match at Southampton. It does make things slightly awkward in terms of preparation but it also means Burnley have been playing competitive football in the weeks building-up to Sunday's game whereas Southampton haven't.

I have decided to take this one early as I can see that a few punters are beginning to question Burnley's long odds and maybe they will noticeably shorten before Sunday. The caveat to all this is that Burnley currently have a few injury doubts to important players like Defour, Brady and Wood + both first choice keepers are crocked which is why Joe Hart has been bought in. We also don't know how many will emerge unscathed from the midweek game in Turkey.

Southampton will look to capitalise on Burnley's quick turnover of matches by playing a possession game, wearing the away side down and then nicking a goal somehow. Despite this, I believe the home side's odds of 1.83 are too short and this opens the door for a speculative value play on the away side.

Burnley are at a more advanced stage in their team development and cohesion, maybe they can capitalize on this and blag a draw on Sunday. Southampton still look tepid upfront, so even if they do win it's hard to envisage them winning by more than a goal. Odds are skewed enough to get Burnley on the +0.75 line which gives us that extra cover.

Edited by Mindfulness

i am going to be all over arsenal to beat man city. i just think under new coach they will have a good and inspirational start and emirates is the place for gunners to show their grit to champions. 

i am also going to back everton because they have spent a lot of money and brought in couple of good players. it shows that the club are firmly behind marco silva. he will love to exact revenge over his old club for sacking him last season.

i was not impressed with fulham's pre season friendlies and i thought they struggled to score goals but with mitrovic staying the club they will score. crystal palace have been very open and adventurous side and i zaha has been main man for them and you could always back him to score or create a chance. i see this match being score draw

i don't see southampton have much trouble making a winning start. burnley can be solid at the back but after europa league match which takes them to turkey, obviously southampton have advantage and will probably get the win

i am unsure of chelsea. sarri is untested in premier league and his style of play in high pressing and that's is just too risky especially as it give opponents to hit you on counter attack. when he managed to napoli it was difficult for them to keep goals out and team in premier league can hurt you.

i am not sure what to expect from tottenham this season. they have not recruited new players and that could be something that could limit their effectiveness this season. i expected newcastle to be sold off and i still don't know why benitez decided to stay. this is the same team that could go down this season. i expect tottenham to win but not by much. my prediction 0-1

On 08/08/2018 at 10:19 AM, Mindfulness said:

Southampton V Burnley

Burnley +0.75 AH @ 1.85 Betvictor

I agree with the above posts regarding this game. The markets are loving Southampton in the build-up to the new season and I can't understand why. Pre-season has been less than impressive for them both in the transfer window and performances in friendlies. It may take a while for Mark Hughes to get the conditioning and balance of the team up to scratch.

Burnley are already a complete team under Sean Dyche. They certainly improved their away record last season, 6th strongest in the division. Compare that to Southampton's home record; 2nd worst in the division. Obviously the dynamics may change this season as Burnley have Europa League football to contend with, at least in the short term. Some maybe concerned by the fact that Burnley have to play in Turkey on Thursday, three days before the match at Southampton. It does make things slightly awkward in terms of preparation but it also means Burnley have been playing competitive football in the weeks building-up to Sunday's game whereas Southampton haven't.

I have decided to take this one early as I can see that a few punters are beginning to question Burnley's long odds and maybe they will noticeably shorten before Sunday. The caveat to all this is that Burnley currently have a few injury doubts to important players like Defour, Brady and Wood + both first choice keepers are crocked which is why Joe Hart has been bought in. We also don't know how many will emerge unscathed from the midweek game in Turkey.

Southampton will look to capitalise on Burnley's quick turnover of matches by playing a possession game, wearing the away side down and then nicking a goal somehow. Despite this, I believe the home side's odds of 1.83 are too short and this opens the door for a speculative value play on the away side.

Burnley are at a more advanced stage in their team development and cohesion, maybe they can capitalize on this and blag a draw on Sunday. Southampton still look tepid upfront, so even if they do win it's hard to envisage them winning by more than a goal. Odds are skewed enough to get Burnley on the +0.75 line which gives us that extra cover.

Loving the new profile pic, makes me feel a lot calmer & definitely more mindful!

Good luck with the new season, look forward to reading your posts as usual:ok

54 minutes ago, Tiffy said:

Loving the new profile pic, makes me feel a lot calmer & definitely more mindful!

Good luck with the new season, look forward to reading your posts as usual:ok

I'm just waiting for the transfer window to close before I roll out my EPL season preview on the ante-post thread. I won't give away any spoilers apart from the fact that I have Brighton finishing bottom, it's all completely unbiased of course.

Some brave early previews going up before the transfer deadline has arrived. Interesting thoughts though. I'll get my first in-depth thoughts up early this evening. The lack of activity by some clubs is mystifying. Will it prove costly or will coming into this campaign with a settled squad allow them to hit the ground running?

Over 2,5 goals on Wolves-Everton seems like a value bet to me. Best odds around 2.18 at the moment (Pinnacle).

Marco da Silva likes to play attacking football so I expect to see more goals from Everton this season. There were 13 goals in total in their last 3 training matches. Wolves have plenty of attacking potential, so this could turn out to be an exciting match.

The Premier League returns for another season tomorrow night and the curtain-raising match comes live from Old Trafford at 8pm when Manchester United host Leicester. All eyes will be on a home team that had a disastrous summer in the transfer window with a dozen targets failing to be signed up.

Manchester United are already being written off by many supporters who feel Jose Mourinho is engineering an exit from the club just like he did at Chelsea a couple of years ago. That season ended in disaster for the Blues and there are feelings that this campaign could go the same way.

Pre-season hasn't gone very well in terms of results. Just one win, three draws, and two defeats with a number of below par displays had led to Mourinho criticising his players and also berating the lack of transfers coming in. Has it been a dig at the Old Trafford establishment? Most definitely. Will it have damaged the morale of the dressing room? Hard to tell. Mourinho is always a split persona in front of and away from the cameras. The solitary big-name signing of Fred is an improvement and Red Devils fans will be delighted that they've kept hold of Paul Pogba and David De Gea.

Leicester are a team being tipped by some to finally come undone. Claude Puel had an indifferent start to his reign with the Foxes and their squad seems to get weaker every season since they won the Premier League. The loss of Riyad Mahrez will hurt them but, if we're being honest, he hasn't been at his best for a while now. If they can invest that money correctly then they could come out of that sale a lot stronger.

I'm not entirely convinced this Leicester and Puel relationship is one that is going to work. I'm confident that I can pick where the teams will finish inside the top 10. Once you enter the bottom 10 it becomes wide open and I include Leicester in that bottom 10. They only won 1 of their last 7 league games last season. They need a positive start this season or trouble could lie ahead.

Signing Jonny Evans for £3.5 million is one of the steals of the transfer window. The addition of James Maddison could also be a stroke of genius. Still, this is a tough opening game. The Foxes haven't beaten United at Old Trafford since 31st January, 1998 in a shock 1-0 victory. The players for Leicester that day included the likes of Tony Cottee, Robbie Savage, and Neil Lennon.

I appreciate United have come under fire over the summer and Mourinho has taken a bashing over the past few days. It's easy to forget how much quality this United team still possesses. They finished runners-up to Manchester City last season and only conceded 28 goals in the league. That included 19 clean sheets. That defence hasn't changed. I expect them to remain a very hard team to beat and I can see them starting the season with a hard-fought win and most likely keeping a clean sheet.

Manchester United To Win To Nil @ 2.38 with BetVictor

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.89 with 188Bet

@Mindfulness, @Pep004, @MaliMisko12, @betcatalog, @sajtion, @godofhorses, @Tiffy, @waynecoyne, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @Duke_Tm, @dogmeister, @Arkadi Manucharov, @derbent, @fat, @allyhibs, @6avin24, @discipline, @the bastardian, @Bronxie, @Bett@KikoCy, @teddybear3011, @markus808, @allthethings, @Kenton Schweppes, @vasilli07, @Dylan Lynch, @neilovan, @JKos, @zemo91, @kulikTS, @mrclubbie, @Judeksi, @Henind666, @Teodore, @kilkenny1, @PokerWolf1, @Dave1X2, @real55555, @jazzman02, @Ameer13, @Gedkip, and @AndreBR, what bets are you guys all placing down for this opening weekend of action?

If you look at H2H for the last 5 games between Leicester And UTD only 1 failed to deliver o2.5. Granted it's Mourinho and granted UTD didn't perform well, but it's a season opener. I don't trust UTD with big ass HC, i'd much rather place my faith into overs hoping Leicester will create some chances for a 2:1 type result. Odds are definitely good for over, I say it's more than 50% probability of an over which odds suggest so here's my first bet:

Man U vs Leicester over 2.5 @2.04 Bet365

Bournemouth vs Cardiff

The 2018/19 Premier League season begins for my side Cardiff with a tough away trip to Bournemouth in a 3pm kick-off tomorrow afternoon at Dean Court. All eyes will be on whether or not Harry Arter is selected to play after his transfer deadline day move from the Cherries to the Bluebirds.

Eddie Howe's side have invested reasonably well in their squad over the summer. The shrewd signing of Welsh starlet David Brooks could be a stroke of genius and appears, at the very least, to be a cunning investment in a player looking set for big things. The additions of full back Diego Rico and defensive midfielder Jefferson Lerma have also added more quality to the squad.

Cardiff have been working on a budget compared to their league rivals. To be fair, the club has spent around £30 million but it was a squad that needed improving and needed more depth. The strength of the side was that it was an effective and cohesive unit. The whole was more than the sum of the parts. Having Aron Gunnarsson back after being out for a large part of last season will be like a new signing. The additions of young and hungry players such as Josh Murphy and Bobby Reid have also been well-received by the fans. The deadline day signings of Arter and former Spain youth captain Victor Camarasa have added the depth we desperately needed.

There remain question marks about both teams ability to stay up. Bournemouth finished 12th last season but needed a good spell of results in December and January to help them steer clear of the relegation zone. Such a run of fine results might not happen again this season and that could prove problematic.

Neil Warnock's side have constantly been written off and as a fan myself I am fully aware that we are deserved favourites to finish bottom. I simply don't think we will. I'm always quite the pessimist for my club. I never thought we were going up until it was confirmed. I just think people are writing us off and these players thrive off that. We gave Manchester City a really close game in the FA Cup last season and we were way off our best then.

In this game, it'll be tough. I'm torn between regretfully backing Bournemouth to get the win and us grinding out a draw. Unfortunately, I do think we might come up just short. I had hoped we'd get a home game in our opening fixture. This is the sort of game where we will run the opposition close but I think the pace Bournemouth have in the final third will cause our usually reliable defence too many problems. A 2-1 win for Bournemouth I am going to begrudgingly say but I also wouldn't be surprised if we did hold them to a 1-1 draw if Kenneth Zohore has his tail up.

BTTS @ 1.91 with Betfred

Cardiff AH +1 @ 1.53 with 188Bet

Huddersfield v Chelsea FC

Huddersfield (last season): Isaac Mbenza (f, newcomer, doubtful), Erik Durm (d, newcomer), Juninho Bacuna (m, newcomer), Danny Williams (20/0 m)

Chelsea FC (last season): Eden Hazard (34/12 m, top scorer), Michy Batshuayi (12/2 f), Gary Cahill (27/0 d), Olivier Giroud (13/3 f), N'Golo Kanté (34/1 m)(all doubtful), Thibaut Courtois (35/0 first goalkeeper, probably out), Marco van Ginkel (0/0 m), Isaiah Brown (0/0 f)

Watford FC v Brighton

Watford FC (last season): Ben Wilmot (d, newcomer), Younes Kaboul (2/0 d), Nathaniel Chalobah (6/0 m), Tom Cleverley (23/1 m), Stefano Okaka Chuka (15/1 f), Gerard Deulofeu (7/1 f)

Brighton (last season): Jose Izquierdo (32/5 f), Florin Andone (f, newcomer), Jason Steele (g, newcomer)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

On 8/7/2018 at 4:17 AM, Gedkip said:

Jose Mourinho knows how to handle Claude puel. Man U has allowed 13 to depart and brought 10 arrivals;Fred ,Diego Dalot, Lee Grant and so on.Leicester has allowed 12 to depart; Rihyad Mahrez,Ahmed Musa,Robert Huth,Ben harmer etc. The club has 16 arrivals namely; Richard Ghezzal,Riccardo Pereira,Danny ward and many more. Man U  played big teams in preseason which improved players confidence level. On the other hand, Leicester played inexperienced teams during their preseason.

I predict a  win for United 3-0

This is all very silly.

Man U are obviously the better side. But the arguments...

Puel came to Leicester last October, after they'd lost at Man U in the summer, and under Puel, Leicester got a 2-2 draw at home against Utd. I don't see this as categorical evidence that Mourinho "knows how to handle" him.

Man U played big teams in the preseason. They always do. A year ago they played Man City, Real Madrid and Barca in the ICC. So? There is no lack of confidence at Utd after the season they wrapped up in May.

Leicester played inexperienced teams in the preseason a year ago: Luton, Burton Albion, Milton Keynes Dons. So?

Man Utd are the better side. By the way, do you know how favorites have fared in the first week of the Premier season in the 10 years I've been tracking this? Dogs of up to 7.99 away have gone 9-6-11...that breaks down to 6-3-7 for away dogs of up to 4.99, 3-3-4 for dogs of 5.00 to 7.99.  Week 1 is a minefield.

Man Utd own the head-to-head, 4-3-0 in their last seven PL matches. If you're going to take the dog, draw probably makes the most sense. It's currently priced at 4.00, which offers a lot of value. 

fairly new to forum so if I am doing anything wrong please be easy on me :) 

Man United short odds Just because it's United at home, but for me the draw  is where I would be placing my money, Leicester are all effort but not a bad little side, So I can see them nicking the lead early, but United getting Back into it late on.

As for the rest Of the fixtures  Spurs away to Newcastle to win is like buying Money, I'm even going to say Harry Kane will break his August hoodoo.

Bournemouth V Cardiff. Think this one is a toughie to call, but think Bournemouth's Premier league experience will just edge them by, that said i'll go for 2-0 home win, 

Fulham v Palace. Another tough one for me, But going to say Fulham's home advantage to just nick it, think 3-2 bit of a high scorer but there is always a couple of high scoring games on day 1.

Huddersfield v Chelsea. Away win all day, think the honeymoon season is over for Huddersfield, Chelsea will be too strong, i'm going 1-3 Chelsea 

Watford v Brighton. Think i'll be boring here and predict my one and only 0-0 of opening weekend, neither side excites me and I can see both struggling this season,

Wolves V Everton. well Wolves are splashing the cash as are Everton, Like Everton's manager, so I think he will get them off to a good start, 1-2 Everton

Liverpool v West Ham. as we all know Liverpool, have spent big and in my opinion quite wisely, begrudgingly I see them having a big say in the title this year, West Ham have also spent big and a couple of decent signings in there but going Liverpool 3-1.

Southampton v Burnley. for me Shaun Dyche should of been manager of the season for getting Burnley to Europe and I think he will get an away win here as I don't think Southampton are going to be decent this year, 1-2 Burnley

Arsenal v City. well well well no Wenger Arsenal fans prayers were answered last season with the departure of their long standing manager. Think City will get off to a flyer here and win comfortably 1-3

as you can see my predictions are great Pogba has already put United 1 up :)

cheers for having me

Roy The Boy 

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Premier League

Tottenham has over 2.5 goals in their last 4 games in Premier League.
Everton lost their last 3 games in Premier League.
Crystal Palace has over 2.5 goals in their last 6 games in Premier League.
Huddersfield Town has over 2.5 goals in their last 3 games in Premier League.
Brighton & Hove Albion scored in last 5 games in Premier League.

You can find interesting 98 Football Betting Streaks for 11.08.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-11-08-2018-10842

Arsenal vs Manchester City

The big game of this opening weekend of Premier League football comes in the 4pm kick-off this Sunday at the Emirates Stadium where Arsenal play Manchester City. It's a tale of two clubs here with the Gunners entering a post-Wenger period of transition going up against the settled reigning champions of Pep Guardiola's Citizens.

Arsenal finally did it and got rid of Wenger in the summer. After much speculation they chose former Sevilla and PSG manager Unai Emery to replace him. The general feeling amongst fans was that it was a popular decision. The Spaniard has not wasted any time in revolutionising the club. Santi Cazorla, Per Mertesacker, Calum Chambers, Lucas Perez, and Jack Wilshere have all departed the club's playing staff. New additions include Bernd Leno, Stephan Lichtsteiner, Sokratis Papastathopoulos, Lucas Torreira, and Matteo Guendouzi. It's certainly a new look Arsenal.

On the contrary, Guardiola has kept changes to a minimum at the Etihad Stadium. Riyad Mahrez being the only major signing of the summer. He did cost a staggering £60 million and it does make you wonder what Pep has planned with Bernardo Silva, David Silva, Kevin De Bruyne, Leroy Sane, Phil Foden, Ilkay Gundogan, and Raheem Sterling already on the books as creative midfielders. A lot of money buying something you already have a lot of.

The Community Shield told us that City's approach will continue to frighten their opposition. It's hard to see past them as title winners. It's going to be interesting to see how Emery approaches this first game. There may be some teething problems but this is still an Arsenal side that has plenty of talent in Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, Alexandre Lacazette, Mesut Ozil, and Henrikh Mkhitaryan. Emery just needs to get the best out of them after years under stale Wenger management.

This may be a few games too early for us to see any real impact from Emery. He's undoubtedly one of the top managers in Europe but such wholesale change takes time to implement. City can hit the ground running and I expect them to come away from this game with a win. It might only be by the odd goal and I'm sure we'll see signs of positive change for the Gunners. This is City's game to lose though. Get your ArsenalFansTV viewing at the ready!

Manchester City to Win @ 1.95 with Ladbrokes

Anytime Scorer: Sergio Aguero @ 2.07 with 888Sport

On 09/08/2018 at 3:23 PM, Mindfulness said:

I'm just waiting for the transfer window to close before I roll out my EPL season preview on the ante-post thread. I won't give away any spoilers apart from the fact that I have Brighton finishing bottom, it's all completely unbiased of course.

Haha, of course it is!

off to read it now for what it's worth..........

10 hours ago, allthethings said:

This is all very silly.

Man U are obviously the better side. But the arguments...

Puel came to Leicester last October, after they'd lost at Man U in the summer, and under Puel, Leicester got a 2-2 draw at home against Utd. I don't see this as categorical evidence that Mourinho "knows how to handle" him.

Man U played big teams in the preseason. They always do. A year ago they played Man City, Real Madrid and Barca in the ICC. So? There is no lack of confidence at Utd after the season they wrapped up in May.

Leicester played inexperienced teams in the preseason a year ago: Luton, Burton Albion, Milton Keynes Dons. So?

Man Utd are the better side. By the way, do you know how favorites have fared in the first week of the Premier season in the 10 years I've been tracking this? Dogs of up to 7.99 away have gone 9-6-11...that breaks down to 6-3-7 for away dogs of up to 4.99, 3-3-4 for dogs of 5.00 to 7.99.  Week 1 is a minefield.

Man Utd own the head-to-head, 4-3-0 in their last seven PL matches. If you're going to take the dog, draw probably makes the most sense. It's currently priced at 4.00, which offers a lot of value. 

Manchester united 2-1 Leicester FT

Using the above results  justify your arguments. Dog race and football are two different and incomparable things.

1 hour ago, Gedkip said:

Manchester united 2-1 Leicester FT

Using the above results  justify your arguments. Dog race and football are two different and incomparable things.

He means the underdog in each game. He's right, football's opening day is a minefield. Yes, it was 2-1 but one of those goals was a penalty and De Gea bailed United out a few times. On another day it could have been a different score.

That Vardy goal at the end ruined by two bets and screwed over my fantasy football team because I have De Gea. Wonderful start to the season for me. Just need Cardiff to get battered by Bournemouth this afternoon and it'll be perfect!