** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

FA Cup Predictions > Apr 6th & 7th

facupodds.jpg

The FA Cup Semi-Finals are coming up this weekend. In the first tie we have Premier League title contenders Manchester City playing lower mid-table strugglers Brighton. The second tie throws up a mid-table match-up between Watford and Wolves. Two completely different types of matches and a chance to play in the season's showpiece event at Wembley for the winners. Let us know what bets you're tipping for these games! :ok

Manchester City vs Brighton

The first FA Cup Semi-Final this weekend is technically a David vs Goliath match-up with Premier League title contenders Manchester City taking on top flight relegation candidates Brighton in a 5:30pm kick-off this Saturday afternoon at Wembley Stadium.

Manchester City are still looking to complete an historic quadruple. The first task was achieved earlier this season with the victory in the Carabao Cup Final against Chelsea. Pep Guardiola's men are still competing in the Premier League, Champions League, and this competition. The team's last taste of defeat in any competition was on 29th January against Newcastle in league action. It feels like the Citizens are now hitting full stride and it could take something phenomenal to beat them.

Brighton have their own issues in the league. Chris Hughton's men haven't scored in their last two league matches. It's left the Seagulls just 5 points outside the relegation zone and they have one of the toughest run-ins of fixtures out of the teams involved in that relegation battle. The FA Cup is a chance for the club to forget about the stresses of the league and create a bit of their own history by winning here.

City have won the last three meetings between these two sides. Interestingly, the last time these two teams met in cup action it delivered a win for Brighton. OK, so it was back on 24th September, 2008 in the League Cup. Both teams were in completely different places but it did see Brighton win 5-3 on penalties after a 2-2 draw after extra-time.

I'm not sure this is going any other way than a City win. Guardiola rested a number of key players against Cardiff in midweek so a large portion of their first team players will be fit coming into this game. City have won by a two goal margin in each of the last three meetings and I can see that happening again here.

Manchester City -1 @ 1.44 with Sportingbet

Total Goals Scored Over 3.5 @ 2.34 with MarathonBet

@Mindfulness, @Pep004, @MaliMisko12, @betcatalog, @sajtion, @godofhorses, @Tiffy, @waynecoyne, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @Duke_Tm, @dogmeister, @Arkadi Manucharov, @derbent, @fat, @allyhibs, @6avin24, @discipline, @the bastardian, @Bronxie, @Bett@KikoCy, @teddybear3011, @markus808, @allthethings, @Kenton Schweppes, @vasilli07, @Dylan Lynch, @neilovan, @JKos, @zemo91, @kulikTS, @mrclubbie, @Judeksi, @Henind666, @Dave1X2, @canaries91, @jazzman02, @sajtion, @Darran, @postmanplod69, @eddiem, @bartonbank, @yossa6133, @Teodore, @thinkpink63, @Carovie, @i1_principe, and @AndreBR, what betting will you guys be looking to get involved in for these games?

Manchester City v Brighton

Manchester City: Sergio Aguero (27/19 f, top scorer, probably in), Oleksandr Zinchenko (9/0 m), Benjamin Mendy (9/0 d), Fabian Delph (11/0 m), Claudio Bravo (0/0 g)

Brighton: Solomon March (30/1 m), Jurgen Locadia (23/2 f)(both doubtful), Pascal Gross (19/2 m), Jason Steele (0/0 g)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

20 hours ago, Tiffy said:

@StevieDay1983

Think you could be spot on there pal. I'm going tmrw, and am going to enjoy the day, whatever the result. I just hope we don't get a repeat of 1983!

Well, both of our sides have given decent accounts of ourselves against City over the past week! Unlucky on going out. Hope you have enjoyed the experience and continue to do so tonight. Try to leave London in one piece! :beer

Watford vs Wolves

The second FA Cup Semi-Final is coming up on Sunday afternoon at 4pm from Wembley Stadium when Premier League mid-table clubs Watford and Wolves go head-to-head. Both clubs have their own fair share of history but winning the competition this season would be up there with some of their greatest moments of all-time.

Watford have had a season that has defied the odds. Many, including myself, thought they may struggle under Javi Gracia this season. The Hornets are currently 9th in the Premier League with top flight status already assured for next season and a potential date with the FA Cup Final still up for grabs.

Wolves have enjoyed equal levels of success. Nuno Santo's newly promoted side were tipped by many to thrive in the top division of English football but few saw the number of big name scalps they would take along the way. It was the shock defeat of Manchester United in the previous round that helped them reach this stage of the competition after all. Not a bad bonus to add to their 8th place in the Premier League.

It is Wolves that hold the advantage quite heavily in FA Cup meetings between these two sides. Watford have only managed 1 win in the last 7 meetings in this competition and that came in a 3-0 victory back in February, 1980. The positive is that Watford did win the previous meeting between these two sides earlier in the season.

Santo is expected to name John Ruddy as his keeper for this game ahead of regular number one Rui Patricio. Ruddy has held the gloves in every round so far. Is it an unnecessary gamble by Santo or is it even a gamble at all? Watford are also hoping Roberto Pereyra passes a late fitness test to play.

I was initially going to back a score draw with one of these sides prevailing after penalties. However, I think Wolves could once again suffer from being undone by a team they're expected to beat. This whole season could have been even better for Wolves if they'd defeated the lower placed sides as much as the top six. For every win over United, Chelsea, and Tottenham, there has come a defeat to the likes of Huddersfield, Cardiff, and Brighton. I think Watford could sneak this one over 90 minutes.

Watford to Win @ 3.16 with MarathonBet

BTTS @ 1.90 with Bet365

11 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Well, both of our sides have given decent accounts of ourselves against City over the past week! Unlucky on going out. Hope you have enjoyed the experience and continue to do so tonight. Try to leave London in one piece! :beer

Cheers mate. Yes, me and my son had a great day in London. We walked along the south bank, had  some great pie & mash at Borough Market and a few halves along the way!

I am glad that everyone's "safe" betting strategy on over 2.5 goals and a Brighton "bumming" never happened. i never thought it would to be fair, and had a small wager on them to win at 21/1 & to qualify at 12/1.

Great atmosphere from the Brighton end, and a solid performance from us. Very proud of the team, and it wasn't the thrashing that everyone thought it would be. We are good defensively, our problem is at the other other end. I think it may cost us next season.

There is now the small matter of a huge game coming up against your mob, in what will now be a crucial 6 pointer!