Champions League Predictions > Apr 9th & 10th

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Champions League

Manchester City have scored 2 goals or more in each of their last 3 matches.(Champions League)
Liverpool have won their last 4 home matches. (Champions League)
FC Porto have scored in 79% of their away matches. (Champions League)
41% of Tottenham’s conceded goals occurred after the 75th minute. (Champions League)

You can find interesting 51 Football Betting Streaks for 09.04.2019 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-09-04-2019-13989/

Tottenham v Manchester City

Tottenham: Serge Aurier (8/0 d), Eric Dier (16/2 m), Erik Lamela (18/4 m)

Manchester City: Kyle Walker (27/1 d), Benjamin Mendy (9/0 d), Sergio Aguero (27/19 f, top scorer)(all doubtful), Oleksandr Zinchenko (9/0 m), Fabian Delph (11/0 m), Claudio Bravo (0/0 g)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

From the lucky draws of Liverpool, as he avoided a favorite to win the Champions League and fell on Porto. Under no circumstances is her work easy, but everything depends on Jürgen Clop's footballers. Success for the Portuguese only in the quarter-finals of the event and stress-free will try for the best. An end to Anfield will increase their chances, and Liverpool will try to dominate today in front of its audience
LIVERPOOL FC vs FC PORTO @@ +2.50 Over, odds 1.62

A big island case is the other couple of the night, as Tottenham will cross the ... swords in her newly-built "palace" with Manchester City. The "citizens" of Pep Guardiola are the team, who is a favorite of the couple, but today at the headquarters of her opponent things are not so simple. The hosts will have their chances, as the overtime in the game has been made and can be scored. And of course, Manchester City
TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs MANCHESTER CITY @@ Both team to score, odds 1.62

Tottenham vs Manchester City

The Champions League Quarter-Final first legs are here. Apologies for the lateness of this one. I had intended to get it up yesterday but I was struck down with a nasty sickness bug. Only just seeing the light of day now. Anyway, it's an all-Premier League clash between Tottenham and Manchester City at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium tonight in an 8pm kick-off.

Tottenham opened up their new stadium with a solid 2-0 win over Crystal Palace in the league last week. Games won't come much bigger than this so it's a fantastic opportunity to write some early history in the new £1 billion stadium. Having just conceded 1 goal in their last 4 Champions League matches Mauricio Pochettino's side will be keen to keep another clean sheet here.

Manchester City continue their quest to win the seemingly impossible quadruple. Well, seemingly impossible according to Pep Guardiola. The EFL Cup has been sealed already and his side reached the FA Cup Final on the weekend. It's very much a realistic possibility given their league position and the 10-2 aggregate win over Schalke in the previous round of this competition.

City have dominated the head-to-head in recent matches with 3 wins and 1 draw from their last 4 encounters. The only time Pochettino has got the better of Pep in the Premier League was a 2-0 win in the Spaniard's first season in charge at the Etihad Stadium.

The betting is going to favour City here and I suppose anyone betting against them would be a fool. It feels like nobody can touch them but their past two performances against Cardiff and Brighton have hardly been inspirational. Still, that's what great sides do. They find a way to win. I think Tottenham might be worth backing to get something from this. I'd fancy the draw a lot more than the home win though. I still feel if one team is going to win this game then it'll be City.

Draw @ 3.90 with RedZone

BTTS @ 1.75 with Bet365

@vasilli07, @Xcout, @Icongene, @KikoCy, @DrBetter, @Duuc, @DrO, @immortal--, @Notorious, @betcatalog, @KingSoccertips, @discipline, @Pep004, @HastGill1, @ElPrincipito007, @salmonman, @DW_United, @allthethings, @MightyWell, @liamcorrigan86, @mijOsim, @dorleywilliams, @soccerprediction123, @TOTTI3, @LePapo, @seifer365, @MPLouis, @Jack A, @JJG, @Pipoca, @neilovan, @wcz, @newjack, @matt-e-matticle, @EBTA, @cluelessG, @mtom, @Marek76, @allyhibs, @alani42, @jazzman02, @hristofor, @fhuefdsa @Gedkip, @Carovie, @money44, @Donvitz, @swasya, @vicsuna, @Neubs, @kevlevrone, and @WinningAdvice, what bets are you guys lining up here?

@StevieDay1983 good preview and a fair assessment IMO.

I actually think Spurs are capable of getting a win here.  City have slowed up in the last few games and while they have still won the games against weaker teams than spurs, they have not been doing it with the same style and swagger of earlier in the season.

There are three main reasons why I think spurs are capable of a win tonight:

1. 6 days rest for spurs compared to 2.5 for city, and aguero just coming back from injury so he may not be match sharp.

2. City don't need to win the game, they just want to be in touch to give them a decent chance of going through in the return leg next week.

3. Whenever I watch city in the CL they seem a different team to the one we see in the PL in that they seem to struggle more against lesser opposition.  This season I would say they have underperformed in 4/6 group stage games against both Hoffenheim and Lyon, and Schalke gave them a good game at their place in the last 16.  Spurs are a level above those three teams IMO.

City are rightful favourites as they are for just about every game at the moment, but I think spurs +1 at 1.91 is worth a shot in these circumstances.

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Champions League

79% of Ajax Amsterdam’s matches had over 2.5 goals scored in total. (Champions League)
FC Barcelona have scored 2 goals or more in each of their last 5 matches. (Champions League)
Manchester Utd have been undefeated in their last 13 home matches. (Champions League)
Juventus did not concede any goal in 53% of their away matches. (Champions League)

You can find interesting 58 Football Betting Streaks for 10.04.2019 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-10-04-2019-13992

Manchester United vs Barcelona

The Champions League last 8 continues tonight when Premier League side Manchester United host La Liga leaders Barcelona in this 8pm kick-off at Old Trafford. All the odds are pointing in favour of the visitors but is there any chance the home side can get a victory here?

Manchester United have lost two of their last three competitive games under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer. Nobody is panicking just yet and memories of that famous night in Paris last month are still fresh but questions are starting to be asked. Is this Red Devils squad simply good enough to compete at this top level? Surely, United fans must be trembling at the prospect of Lionel Messi versus Chris Smalling and Luis Suarez versus Phil Jones.

Barcelona are all but there after their 2-0 win over Atletico Madrid on the weekend. That victory puts Ernesto Valverde's men 11 points clear at the summit of La Liga with just 7 league games to play. The prospect of adding the Champions League trophy to that haul is a mouth-watering one.

This will be the first time United and Barcelona have faced each other since the 2011 Final when Barcelona prevailed as 3-1 winners. Messi stole the show on that day and the Argentine magic man is once again the player to watch having scored 22 goals in 30 Champions League games against English clubs.

Interestingly, United have never won a home European match against Barcelona. The last time these two sides met at Old Trafford was in the 2007/08 Champions League when United won 1-0. A similar score-line seems a little optimistic and I'm actually swaying between a draw and away win.

My feeling is that this Barcelona side simply has too much for United. I can see tonight being a classic European night but I still think there are so many cracks that have been papered over since Solskjaer took charge. They were extremely fortunate to beat PSG and could have lost by more in that first leg. I'm going to back a Barcelona win in a Messi-led display.

Barcelona to Win @ 2.10 with Betfair

Anytime Scorer: Lionel Messi @ 2.07 with Unibet