** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

FA Cup Predictions > Jan 25th - 28th

I went to the AFC Wimbledon V Fleetwood match last night. It's probably the worst game I have ever seen, and AFC were simply awful. No ideas, no pace, nervy at the back. The first pass was backwards, there was nothing going forward. Fleetwood weren't much better but did have a bit more about them. 

I think they got their footballing style from Centre Court down the road. You felt like you were watching tennis not football. It's amazing how poor the  standard is, and it makes you realise how technically bad we are at this level.

On the plus side, the fans were nice to chat to, and the liver, bacon & mash at the Fay Boy's cafe was worth making the trip for.

On rhis showing, I think Wet Spam could put the tea ladies out on Saturday and still run out comfortable winners. I'll be backing

WHU HT/FT & O2.5 goals

Football Facts and Streaks regarding FA Cup

Bristol City won their last 5 games. (FA Cup)
Bristol City scored in last 11 games. (FA Cup)
Bolton lost their last 5 away games. (FA Cup)

You can find interesting 58 Football Betting Streaks for 25.01.2019 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-25-01-2019-13223

Arsenal vs Manchester United

It's the big tie of the FA Cup 4th Round kicking things off on Friday night when Arsenal and Manchester United play against each other in this 7:55pm kick-off at the Emirates Stadium. It's tough to gauge what state either of these sides are in right now but with such a high level of unpredictability about this game it felt right to plunge head first into it!

Arsenal come into this game off the back of an impressive 2-0 win at home to Chelsea. That win now means that Unai Emery's side are in 5th place and just 3 points outside the play-offs. Heading into this game, Emery's side will be aiming to build on the 3-0 win over Blackpool in the previous round. The Gunners are without Hector Bellerin after it was confirmed he would miss the rest of the season after suffering an anterior cruciate ligament injury.

Manchester United are flying under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer. The club legend has won all seven of his games in charge so far across all competitions yet the fans still aren't convinced he's the man to lead them on a full-time basis. Admittedly, his only real stern test so far has been against Tottenham but his side came through that game with a win and a clean sheet. What more can he do?

History stands on the side of Arsenal ahead of this game. The Gunners have won both of their two previous FA Cup home games against Manchester United. Emery's side have also only lost 2 home games in all competitions this season. Interestingly, the Gunners have gone on to win this competition on the three previous occasions that they have eliminated United.

There is some optimism for fans of the Red Devils mind. United have won 13 of their last 14 FA Cup 4th Round ties. It's also a competition that Alexis Sanchez loves. The Chilean attacker has scored 9 goals and grabbed 9 assists in his 19 FA Cup appearances for both United and Arsenal. What's that famous saying about former players coming back to haunt their old clubs? I'm not sure there's a lot to separate these two in this game but I think Arsenal might sneak it.

Arsenal Draw No Bet @ 1.92 with MarathonBet

Anytime Scorer: Alexis Sanchez @ 3.40 with UniBet

@Mindfulness, @Pep004, @MaliMisko12, @betcatalog, @sajtion, @godofhorses, @Tiffy, @waynecoyne, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @Duke_Tm, @dogmeister, @Arkadi Manucharov, @derbent, @fat, @allyhibs, @6avin24, @discipline, @the bastardian, @Bronxie, @Bett@KikoCy, @teddybear3011, @markus808, @allthethings, @Kenton Schweppes, @vasilli07, @Dylan Lynch, @neilovan, @JKos, @zemo91, @kulikTS, @mrclubbie, @Judeksi, @Henind666, @Dave1X2, @canaries91, @jazzman02, @sajtion, @Darran, @postmanplod69, @eddiem, @bartonbank, @yossa6133, @Teodore, @thinkpink63, and @AndreBR, what do you guys think ahead of this weekend's cup action?

Arsenal v Manchester United

Arsenal: Hector Bellerin (19/0 d), Henrikh Mkhitaryan (14/4 m), Rob Holding (10/0 d), Danny Welbeck (8/1 f)

Manchester United: Marouane Fellaini (14/0 m), Chris Smalling (13/1 d), Marcos Rojo (2/0 d)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Football Facts and Streaks regarding FA Cup

Everton scored in last 3 games. (FA Cup)
Newcastle United has over 2.5 goals in their last 3 games. (FA Cup)
Burnley allowed opponents to score over 1.5 goals in last 5 games. (FA Cup)
Brighton & Hove Albion has under 2.5 goals in their last 3 home games. (FA Cup)
Watford scored in last 5 away games. (FA Cup)

You can find interesting 150 Football Betting Streaks for 26.01.2019 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-26-01-2019-13230

Crystal Palace vs Tottenham

One of the less predictable games in the FA Cup 4th Round this weekend comes at Selhurst Park where Premier League sides Crystal Palace and Tottenham will go toe-to-toe in this 4pm kick-off on Sunday. Can the injury-hit Spurs navigate their way past this tricky tie?

Crystal Palace have slowly become embroiled in a relegation battle in the Premier League. The news is not much better on the transfer front with speculation that Wilfried Zaha has held initial talks with Bundesliga side Borussia Dortmund. If there is one thing Roy Hodgson could do with right now it's the excitement of a cup run.

Tottenham will come into this game without a number of first team players. The trio of Harry Kane, Dele Alli, and Son Heung-min are ruled out but there is also the duo of Ben Davies and Moussa Sissoko added to the absentees. Spurs performed better than expected against Chelsea in midweek but with Premier League games coming up during midweek it'll be interesting to see what sides these two clubs line up with.

A few interesting stats coming into this game. These two sides last met in the FA Cup back in 2015/16. The Eagles sealed a surprise 1-0 win at White Hart Lane. Funnily enough, it was Palace who would go on and reach the final that season too. Could a victory here inspire a similar run?

The past six meetings between these two sides have ended in a 1-0 result. Tottenham have won 5 of these and Palace have won just 1. Unfortunately, Palace have also lost their last three FA Cup matches against top flight opposition. Combine that with this being Tottenham's chance to reach the 5th round for the fourth consecutive season and it's not looking good for Palace.

I'm tempted to back Palace to get something here. I still think Mauricio Pochettino is desperate for his first trophy but I just think they've got too much going against them right now to make them a solid bet. It should be a low-scoring game but I can see Palace taking this game back to Wembley at the very least. It'll be a great chance to forget their league woes and they have raised their game against the big teams this season.

Crystal Palace Draw No Bet @ 2.14 with MarathonBet

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.75 with Sportingbet

10 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Crystal Palace vs Tottenham

One of the less predictable games in the FA Cup 4th Round this weekend comes at Selhurst Park where Premier League sides Crystal Palace and Tottenham will go toe-to-toe in this 4pm kick-off on Sunday. Can the injury-hit Spurs navigate their way past this tricky tie?

Crystal Palace have slowly become embroiled in a relegation battle in the Premier League. The news is not much better on the transfer front with speculation that Wilfried Zaha has held initial talks with Bundesliga side Borussia Dortmund. If there is one thing Roy Hodgson could do with right now it's the excitement of a cup run.

Tottenham will come into this game without a number of first team players. The trio of Harry Kane, Dele Alli, and Son Heung-min are ruled out but there is also the duo of Ben Davies and Moussa Sissoko added to the absentees. Spurs performed better than expected against Chelsea in midweek but with Premier League games coming up during midweek it'll be interesting to see what sides these two clubs line up with.

A few interesting stats coming into this game. These two sides last met in the FA Cup back in 2015/16. The Eagles sealed a surprise 1-0 win at White Hart Lane. Funnily enough, it was Palace who would go on and reach the final that season too. Could a victory here inspire a similar run?

The past six meetings between these two sides have ended in a 1-0 result. Tottenham have won 5 of these and Palace have won just 1. Unfortunately, Palace have also lost their last three FA Cup matches against top flight opposition. Combine that with this being Tottenham's chance to reach the 5th round for the fourth consecutive season and it's not looking good for Palace.

I'm tempted to back Palace to get something here. I still think Mauricio Pochettino is desperate for his first trophy but I just think they've got too much going against them right now to make them a solid bet. It should be a low-scoring game but I can see Palace taking this game back to Wembley at the very least. It'll be a great chance to forget their league woes and they have raised their game against the big teams this season.

Crystal Palace Draw No Bet @ 2.14 with MarathonBet

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.75 with Sportingbet

I think now the lack of rotation will be costly for Pochetino at this match or for match against Watford

On 23/01/2019 at 11:38 PM, Tiffy said:

I went to the AFC Wimbledon V Fleetwood match last night. It's probably the worst game I have ever seen, and AFC were simply awful. No ideas, no pace, nervy at the back. The first pass was backwards, there was nothing going forward. Fleetwood weren't much better but did have a bit more about them. 

I think they got their footballing style from Centre Court down the road. You felt like you were watching tennis not football. It's amazing how poor the  standard is, and it makes you realise how technically bad we are at this level.

On the plus side, the fans were nice to chat to, and the liver, bacon & mash at the Fay Boy's cafe was worth making the trip for.

On rhis showing, I think Wet Spam could put the tea ladies out on Saturday and still run out comfortable winners. I'll be backing

WHU HT/FT & O2.5 goals

I just really don't believe that happened!

I won't be betting on ANY cup completion again, unless it for the underdogs

Barnet vs Brentford

A cheeky last preview for this round of the FA Cup ahead of tonight's match between National League club Barnet and Championship side Brentford in a 7:45pm kick-off from the The Hive Stadium. It's the Battle of the Bees. Can we see one final upset in this cup action or will the favourites dominate?

Barnet used to always be that side that would just about cling on to their league status against all odds. It always seemed to be pointless because they would be struggling again the following season. Finally, the pressure told and the club were relegated to the non-league.

Now, under Darren Currie (in his first match since being permanently appointed), they are struggling to survive in that division with the club in 17th place and just 5 points above the relegation zone. On the plus side, the team do have 4-5 games in hand on their rivals. Win them all and they're looking at a play-off fight. Lose them all and they're staring at a relegation battle. Thin lines in football.

Brentford are starting to find their feet under the management of Thomas Frank. A run of just 1 win in his first 10 league games immediately put the pressure on the club after the departure of Dean Smith. However, Frank has now seen his side go unbeaten for six league games including back-to-back wins.

The non-league Bees have already beaten Braintree Town, Bristol Rovers, Stockport County, and Sheffield United to reach this stage of the competition. Will they take another Championship scalp? The problem here is that Barnet's number one keeper Mark Cousins is suspended. Replacement keeper Rihards Matrevics is Latvian and making his debut.

This has either got an FA Cup horror show or a romance story written all over it. I might just have a laugh and back Barnet to get something here. Magic of the cup and all that! They could catch Brentford on the hop with Chris Mepham having left for Bournemouth and Frank expected to field fringe players.

Barnet Double Chance @ 3.22 with MarathonBet

BTTS @ 2.25 with Sportingbet