** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

FA Cup Predictions > Feb 15th - 18th

facupodds.jpg

The FA Cup 5th Round is here and the odds are listed above. We have 8 ties that are offering some very interesting value so let us know what you all think. I'm particularly keen to see what the handicap odds are for that Newport County versus Manchester City game. Not sure I've ever seen such one-sided odds!

QPR vs Watford

The FA Cup 5th Round kicks off with Championship side QPR hosting Premier League outfit Watford at 7:45pm at Loftus Road. It's taking the opening night spot because clearly the TV producers think there could be the potential of a shock here. Me? I'm not convinced.

QPR were briefly looking like they could be Steve McClaren's big domestic redemption. The former England manager had some decent results at Derby but ultimately failed to achieve his aims. The London club were struggling after losing their opening four league games of the season but a run of decent results saw them become play-off contenders. It included a spell of just 3 defeats in 15 league matches. However, it's now 7 league games without a win including 5 defeats in a row leaving them in 18th place.

Watford are experiencing a more positive and consistent campaign. The Hornets are exceeding expectations under Javi Gracia with the club in 8th place in the top flight. They may well be 13 points off the European qualification spots but after being tipped to face a relegation dog fight by many it's undoubtedly pleasant reading for Watford fans to see their club flying so high.

It's been an interesting route for both sides so far in the cup this season. QPR pulled off a decent 2-1 win over Championship title contenders Leeds in the 3rd Round before needing a replay to dispose of League One side Portsmouth. Watford made light work of non-league Woking before a solid win away to Newcastle.

The last time these two clubs met in the FA Cup at Loftus Road was back in January, 1980. On that occasion, it was Watford that prevailed as the winners with a 2-1 victory. That said, QPR have only lost 1 of the last 5 meetings at home between these two clubs in all competitions.

Stats are generally favouring Watford though. The Hertfordshire club are on a run of just 2 losses in their last 13 matches in all competitions. The Hornets have also only failed to win one of their last 8 FA Cup encounters against sides from a lower division.

I think this game is there for Watford to win. Realistically, they're safe in the Premier League this season. They only need to win 3-4 of their remaining 12 league games to secure safety. So it should be a priority to win this competition. Unless Gracia is a fool he'll put a strong side out and want the win to book their place in the Quarter-Finals.

Watford to Win @ 1.85 with Bet365

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.82 with MarathonBet

@Mindfulness, @Pep004, @MaliMisko12, @betcatalog, @sajtion, @godofhorses, @Tiffy, @waynecoyne, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @Duke_Tm, @dogmeister, @Arkadi Manucharov, @derbent, @fat, @allyhibs, @6avin24, @discipline, @the bastardian, @Bronxie, @Bett@KikoCy, @teddybear3011, @markus808, @allthethings, @Kenton Schweppes, @vasilli07, @Dylan Lynch, @neilovan, @JKos, @zemo91, @kulikTS, @mrclubbie, @Judeksi, @Henind666, @Dave1X2, @canaries91, @jazzman02, @sajtion, @Darran, @postmanplod69, @eddiem, @bartonbank, @yossa6133, @Teodore, @thinkpink63, and @AndreBR, what bets are you all looking at this weekend in the FA Cup?

Juventus FC v Frosinone

Juventus FC: Alex Sandro (20/0 d, suspended), Cuadrado (11/1 m), Douglas Costa (17/1 m)

Frosinone: Ariaudo (11/0 d), Ghiglione (7/1 m), Simič (0/0 d), Dionisi (0/0 f)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Bristol City vs Wolves

The FA Cup throws up a few potential upset ties on Sunday but the one I'm picking is arguably the toughest one to call. Championship side Bristol City welcome Premier League club Wolves to Ashton Gate for this 1pm kick-off. Will we see a shock in this game?

Bristol City are in what can only be called a purple patch. Lee Johnson's team are now undefeated in 15 matches in all competitions. That run includes the Robins having won their last 9 matches in all competitions. They are a team on a mission and it's going to be a tough match for anyone visiting their home ground.

Wolves are also enjoying a decent run of form with the club now unbeaten in their last 6 games in all competitions. Nuno Santo's men are doing themselves proud in the Premier League but they've already needed a replay in the FA Cup to get past Shrewsbury and this match will provide a stern test for them.

This game has the potential for a giant-killing written all over it. Johnson's team are on one of the best runs he's experienced during his time with the club. Wolves really should be going all guns blazing to win this competition given their position in the top flight but I have a feeling a few players might be rested. Given the price, City have to be backed for the double chance here.

Bristol City Double Chance @ 1.96 with MarathonBet

BTTS @ 2.00 with Coral

I totally agree with allyhibs question to some english expert. Excuse for my english

I don't understand well the odd on United. I know they came from their first and big defeat (since Solskjaer took the team) when last week they were demolished at home by PSG, but before this, they were great. I know too, this match will be played in Stamford Bridge, but last results of Chelsea are being very bad (demolished 6-0 by City for example)

And the most important thing is that I read and listen that some players of Chelsea (mainly the most important names), don't understand what Sarri proposes and they are not happy with him

About missings or what is the situation of the teams and how they take this match and competition, I don't know anything.

I wait somebody could help with their infos and opinions

Thanks for your help

2 hours ago, allyhibs said:

Man Utd look a nice price @ 3.00. 

Any thoughts on this? I usually don't bet on cup games but the odds have caught my eye.

Agree with you mare, 3/1 looks decent to me. They will want to bounce back after last weeks CL defeat. Chelsea blow hot and cold this season.

3 hours ago, allyhibs said:

Man Utd look a nice price @ 3.00. 

Any thoughts on this? I usually don't bet on cup games but the odds have caught my eye.

footybet.jpg

This reminded me about seeing this predicament from this punter I saw posted on Twitter last night. What would you do? Let it ride or cash out? Personally, I'd cash out and shove £50 back on United to win. I'm not sure they'll win. As someone said, would you bet over £1.5k on United to win this game? No!

Chelsea vs Manchester United

The FA Cup still has one more treat of a game to offer us in the 5th Round. It's a 7:30pm kick-off between Premier League rivals Chelsea and Manchester United at Stamford Bridge. One side will continue their march to the final and one will exit the competition prematurely.

Chelsea are a mixed bag right now. One minute, it looks like Maurizio Sarri has lost the plot with his team getting hammered 6-0 away to Manchester City and the next minute it looks like they're turning things around with a competent 2-1 win away to Swedish club Malmo. One eye will certainly be on the EFL Cup Final on the weekend so is that a fair reason to back United here?

Manchester United are rejuvenated under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer but after 11 matches undefeated in all competitions since taking over, the Norwegian experienced his first taste of defeat in a 2-0 loss at home to PSG in the Champions League last 16 first leg. Can they bounce back from that defeat?

This is a more even game than the odds suggest. As @allyhibs rightly pointed out, United are very tempting at 4.00. I can see them getting at least a draw over 90 minutes. Can they progress? United are certainly a more cohesive unit than Chelsea right now. There's still clearly issues under the surface with the Blues. If you're talking about teams that are more united, pardon the play on words, then you have to back the Red Devils.

Manchester United Draw No Bet @ 2.98 with MarathonBet

BTTS @ 1.70 with William Hill

1 hour ago, Carovie said:

I read that Lingard and Martial are missing and Valencia and Alexis doubt. This info is not confirmed, I read in one forum. I think somebody could confirm it

I start to have some doubts too with United

Yeah, Lingard has been crucial for Solskjaer in this side. Still, you just can't tell with this Chelsea side. I think the atmosphere has already turned toxic. Sarri trying to use his old school open criticism of players... that didn't work out well for Mourinho or Conte...