** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

EFL Cup Predictions > Jan 23rd & 24th

eflcupodds.jpg

The second legs of the EFL Cup Semi-Finals are being played this week. Burton's home game against Manchester City appears to be a dead rubber after that first leg. The more interesting game is at Stamford Bridge between Chelsea and Tottenham. Who will come out on top on the night and on aggregate? Let us know your thoughts! :ok

Burton vs Manchester City

The second leg of this one-sided EFL Cup Semi-Final between League One side Burton and Premier League title contenders Manchester City is coming up this Wednesday night in a 7:45pm kick-off from the Pirelli Stadium. Can the home team turn around the 9-0 deficit?... :drums

Burton haven't really done themselves any favours in the build-up to this if you ask me. I know they were on a hiding to nothing but they've been so defeatist since the draw was made. Nigel Clough has just come across as accepting they'd get pummelled but I still think even with the gap in class that the score-line was poor for the Brewers.

Manchester City will be looking to give some reserve and youth players a run around. Obviously, I'm not expecting another 9-0 score-line but the rhetoric from Clough is once again really pessimistic so I wouldn't be surprised if Pep Guardiola saw his team stick 4 or 5 on Burton here.

Not much detail needed for this preview. I can see the away side winning by a fair margin so backing a heavy handicap seems like the clear choice. I'd say a -2 handicap at least is worth chasing plus a pick of a fringe player bagging a goal because there could be a few here.

Manchester City -2 @ 2.10 with Ladbrokes

Anytime Scorer: Oleksandr Zinchenko @ 9.00 with 888Sport

@Mindfulness, @Pep004, @MaliMisko12, @betcatalog, @sajtion, @godofhorses, @Tiffy, @waynecoyne, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @Duke_Tm, @dogmeister, @Arkadi Manucharov, @derbent, @fat, @allyhibs, @6avin24, @discipline, @the bastardian, @Bronxie, @Bett@KikoCy, @teddybear3011, @markus808, @allthethings, @Kenton Schweppes, @vasilli07, @Dylan Lynch, @neilovan, @JKos, @zemo91, @kulikTS, @mrclubbie, @Judeksi, @Henind666, @Dave1X2, @canaries91, @jazzman02, @sajtion, @Darran, @postmanplod69, @eddiem, @bartonbank, @yossa6133, @Teodore, @thinkpink63, and @AndreBR, are you guys betting on these games this week?

Football Facts and Streaks regarding EFL Cup

Tottenham has over 2.5 goals in their last 4 away games (EFL Cup).
Tottenham won their last 5 away games (EFL Cup).
Tottenham scored in last 22 away games (EFL Cup).

You can find interesting 19 Football Betting Streaks for 24.01.2019 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-24-01-2019-13193

I think you'd have to be a bit mad to put money on this match, to be honest. With a 9-0 first leg in the books, you just have no idea who shows up on either side.

In my strategy, nothing under 3.50 or so is ever worth taking, on any match. In this kind of match, City *might* turn up and cover a handicap, but is it really worth the risk at even money? I'd be far more inclined to take the home side at 16.00...it's as probable as any other result, and for a great profit.

To be clear, I'm not taking anything here. I'm saying that under these crazy circumstances, you can't honestly say that any punt is more than 50-50 Taking a bet at 2.00 is a coin flip. Using my logic, if it's really a coin flip, go for the better odds.

Chelsea vs Tottenham

The second of the two EFL Cup Semi-Finals is coming up tonight when Chelsea play Tottenham in this 7:45pm kick-off at Stamford Bridge. Spurs come into this game with a 1-0 advantage from the first leg but will be without their two big names in Harry Kane and Dele Alli due to injury.

Chelsea are navigating through some deep issues at the moment and it appears Maurizio Sarri has put the first nail in his managerial coffin at the club by slating the player commitment levels. Jose Mourinho and Antonio Conte found out before him that it's a cardinal sin to criticise the Chelsea players... no matter how much they deserve it. It also doesn't help when you're playing Eden Hazard as a false nine and N'golo Kante far too high up the pitch.

Tottenham are plagued by injuries and selection problems. As mentioned, both Kane and Alli are out with injuries. Son Heung-min is also unavailable due to his involvement in the Asia Cup with South Korea. On the positive front, Lucas Moura and Moussa Sissoko could be back involved in the action.

The Blues come into this game knowing that a defeat would be the first time they had lost three consecutive games in a season to the an opponent since they did so against Manchester City back in the 2012/13 season. On the flip side, Tottenham are looking to win four games in a row against Chelsea for the first time since 1963.

I'm feeling that Chelsea could win this and take it to penalties. Mauricio Pochettino still has the ability to get his team to perform even without the big names. Chelsea seem at sixes and sevens right now. The club has struggled at home recently with just one win in their last three at Stamford Bridge. Tottenham might be weak but will be tough to break down. A moment of genius from Hazard is all it takes though.

Chelsea to Win on Penalties @ 6.00 with Boylesports

Total Goals Under 2.5 @ 1.89 with MarathonBet