Europa League Predictions > Oct 3rd

• 2 weeks later...

Football Facts and Streaks regarding UEFA Europa League

Saint-Etienne have lost their last 3 matches in UEFA Europa League.
There have been over 2.5 goals scored in CSKA Moscow’s last 4 games in UEFA Europa League.
PSV Eindhoven have scored at least 3 goals in their last 3 matches in UEFA Europa League.
Espanyol are undefeated in their last 22 matches in UEFA Europa League.
There have been under 2.5 goals scored in Man Utd’s last 9 games in UEFA Europa League.

You can find interesting 39 Football Betting Streaks for 03.10.2019 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-03-10-2019-15966

AZ vs Manchester United

The Europa League is back tomorrow and I'm going to forgive AZ for them letting us down in the Eredivisie predictions this week to cover their game with Manchester United that kicks off on Thursday evening at 5:55pm BST at the the Cars Jeans Stadion in The Hague. Both sides are unbeaten in European competition so far this season but will either side come out of this game victorious?

AZ are enjoying a very positive start to their 2019/20 season. Arne Slot's men have only tasted defeat once in all competitions and that was a narrow 2-1 loss away to Vitesse in the Eredivisie back on 1st September. It's now just 1 defeat in 15 matches for the Dutch side across all competitions. Calvin Stengs is the man to watch in Europa League action with 4 goals to his name already. Can they build on the 2-2 draw earned away to FK Partizan?

Manchester United will be relieved to come through their highly-publicised clash with Arsenal with a point. Things are not going very smoothly for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's team right now. The Red Devils are enduring their worst start to a season for 30 years. This poor form has left the club in 10th in the Premier League after 7 games but they did win their opening group game in this competition with a hard-fought 1-0 win over Astana.

Right now, I'm not sure I can back United to win any game. I've not rated Solskjaer as a manager since his time with Cardiff and my opinion hasn't changed. Given the fact that AZ have had such an impressive start to the season I really think they could get something here. United are also without key players including Paul Pogba, Luke Shaw, Anthony Martial, Phil Jones, and Aaron Wan-Bissaka. The likes of Mason Greenwood and Brandon Williams could be given game time. I'm really not sure the combination of Solskjaer's tactical ineptitude and a smattering of quality players like Marcus Rashford, Daniel James, and Scott McTominay can get the job done.

AZ Draw No Bet @ 2.17 with Marathonbet

BTTS @ 1.77 with MoPlay

The Portuguese team, Sporting are trying to find their feet with the new coach and need today's win over Lask Linz to get the upper hand. After all, it lost to Eindhoven 3-2 and the three-pointer is now a one-way street
SPORTING CP vs LASK @@ SPORTING CP, odds 1.95

One of the strongest pairs of the day is undoubtedly Feyenoord - Porto. Two teams with a long history in Europe, but they would say no to a good Europa League distinction this year. Both have midfield quality and can confirm that both teams are scoring.
FEYENOORD ROTTERDAM vs FC PORTO @@ Both team to score, odds 1.70

Celtic vs CFR Cluj

Ever get that feeling of deja vu? Well, we've all certainly got it here because it was only back in August that these two sides met in the Champions League 3rd Qualifying Round. Scottish Premier League champions Celtic will look for revenge against Romanian side CFR Cluj in this 8pm BST kick-off tonight at Celtic Park having initially been knocked out by their opponents from Europe's elite competition earlier this season.

Celtic might not admit it but they're still hurting from the premature Champions League exit inflicted on them by CFR Clug back in August. It was all going so well with Neil Lennon's side leading the tie with just 10 minutes remaining. Unfortunately, two goals then sealed their fate and sent the Romanian champions through. In all fairness, the Hoops have responded well having qualified for the Europa League group stage and cruising to the top of the SPL table having won 6 and drawn 1 of their first 7 league games. That included beating Old Firm rivals Rangers 2-0 at Ibrox.

CFR Cluj will feel they missed a huge opportunity after eliminating Celtic from the Champions League. Dan Petrescu's side suffered a tight 2-0 aggregate defeat to Slavia Prague in the Play-Off Round after some rather gloating social media posts before the game. Mind you, given Slavia Prague's Champions League group containing Barcelona, Inter Milan, and Borussia Dortmund they'll probably be glad to be out of it! On the domestic front, CFR Cluj have stormed to the top of the league with 7 wins, 3 draws, and 1 loss from their 11 league games so far. It's been a positive start in this group too with the club having defeated Italian side Lazio by a 2-1 result at home.

The statistics make for some ominous reading for Celtic fans. CFR Cluj won the previous encounter at Celtic Park by a 4-3 score-line. CFR Cluj will be looking to win two European games on the bounce for the first time since 2012 when they beat Braga and Manchester United in the Champions League. Celtic have only won 3 of their last 16 home games in European competition. I think the previous match between these two will ring firmly in the ears of Celtic's players and they'll get the revenge they crave. It'll be tough but I think the Celtic Park atmosphere will see them over the line.

Celtic HT/FT @ 2.55 with Coral

Draw (Celtic -1) @ 3.60 with Bet365

Rosenborg vs PSV:

Rosenborg played Brann this weekend and it was a really poor perfomance. Brann could have won the game too, and I think Rosenborg will suffer here. We remember PSV facing Haugesund in qualifiers and PSV managed to win 1-0 away and 0-0 at home. Really poor matches by PSV, but they were not connected together. They are very connected now and I think PSV will win this match. They are some levels over Rosenborg, and Rosenborg is without Reginiussen. Reginiussen is an important player, so this is a big loss for the defence. PSV won easily in the weekend and want to make the progress to the next round as fast as possible so they can focus on the league. PSV beat Sporting in the first match, a good performance , while Rosenborg lost 1-0 to LASK away. LASK controlled the game 100% and Rosenborg was really poor. We have seen this lately that Rosenborg suffer and is not connected. Rosenborg have now gone 11 matches without a win in group stage in Europe League. 0-3-8 is the brutal truth, and if we look a the last 16 matches in EL they have lost 12. Only one victory. This is not Rosenborg back in the days when they qualified to CL and also went through to the next round. This is a poor version of them, and tonight I think PSV will win and make it very difficult for Rosenborg to go through. My tip: 1-3

Nice easy looking bet to start the day off

LAY Feyenoord v Porto at 5/2  (5.55pm KO)

Feyenoord are a poor outfit from a poor league. Europa League is their standard. Their opponents Porto are Champions League regulars who have went backwards in recent seasons (losing some of their best players and not replacing them with the same quality), but they should still be too strong for Feyenoord. I'll be shocked if they lose to the likes of Feyenoord. 

Later on, I've got a home side treble of Braga, Arsenal, and Sevilla at a shade under 13/10 (with corals).

AZ v Man United

I really like the team that United are putting out.

Looking forward to seeing Brandon WIlliams, who hopefully has a great start and maybe is the long term replacement for Shaw.

Also for me Dalot is a huge upgrade on both Lingard and Perreira. I have no problem with Fred in midfield.The guy has a solid engine, and it is simply not easy to shine in a mis-firing team that is lacking confidence. I think Pogba is not missed at all.  He doesn't bring it and hardly influences a game.

It will still be disjointed. Too many new faces together for the 1st time on an old astroturf surface. I would definitely be going more second half goals in this game (odds 2.05) , and possible the HT draw, Man United win FT  (odds 5.5).

I think United grind out a 0-1 or 0-2 win here.

2 hours ago, neilovan said:

AZ v Man United

I really like the team that United are putting out.

Looking forward to seeing Brandon WIlliams, who hopefully has a great start and maybe is the long term replacement for Shaw.

Also for me Dalot is a huge upgrade on both Lingard and Perreira. I have no problem with Fred in midfield.The guy has a solid engine, and it is simply not easy to shine in a mis-firing team that is lacking confidence. I think Pogba is not missed at all.  He doesn't bring it and hardly influences a game.

It will still be disjointed. Too many new faces together for the 1st time on an old astroturf surface. I would definitely be going more second half goals in this game (odds 2.05) , and possible the HT draw, Man United win FT  (odds 5.5).

I think United grind out a 0-1 or 0-2 win here.

Amazing, but United were even worse than I thought. What a 2 hour waste of time. Imagine paying to sit there and watch that garbage.