** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Championship Predictions > Aug 2nd - 5th

champodds.jpg

The 2019/20 Championship season begins in two weeks. I thought it's never too soon to start talking about it. Here are the odds for the first round of matches. As a Cardiff fan, I'm back involved in this section and looking forward to another season of unpredictable chaos in this division! Let us know your tips for these games. :ok

i haven't followed the news so i got no idea who has recruited well and which team's appear weaker. things were chaotic last season so i am hoping for better this year and interested to see which teams will manage to win the first rounds. they are always important and based on my assumptions from last season i think a few may start with home victories.

On 7/29/2019 at 8:07 AM, sajtion said:

i haven't followed the news so i got no idea who has recruited well and which team's appear weaker. things were chaotic last season so i am hoping for better this year and interested to see which teams will manage to win the first rounds. they are always important and based on my assumptions from last season i think a few may start with home victories.

Here you go mate, a list of all the ins and outs of Championship teams this summer...

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/transfer-guides/feature/championship-transfer-ins-and-outs-summer-2019_358850.html

2 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Here you go mate, a list of all the ins and outs of Championship teams this summer...

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/transfer-guides/feature/championship-transfer-ins-and-outs-summer-2019_358850.html

Little Question... Is there any www Side where i can see Transfers In/Out and who important that players are or who many Games they made in Last Season. I know that i can find this on different Pages, but it will be great if this gives on one Page/one Site whithout many Clicks...

i think after couple of rounds we will get a good idea about each team but looking at the first round games in championship, i am favouring teams as follows

fulham look the better team especially going forward. they can take barnsley here and get a win

blackburn always seem to impress when at home. their issue before wasn't scoring but keeping the goals out. i like them here to win as charlton are hit and miss especially away

brentford are always capable at home and i fancy them here. birmingham played above themselves last season. they had a transfer ban obviously and aging squad

stoke like fulham could be the team to beat. i think they will be aiming for promotion and simply has to win their home games. qpr was well below average last season and i don't expect them to get anything here

swansea to win who can be pretty effective on home ground. depending if this match is tight or open, regardless i think swansea can do the job and gain three points

18 hours ago, Neubs said:

Little Question... Is there any www Side where i can see Transfers In/Out and who important that players are or who many Games they made in Last Season. I know that i can find this on different Pages, but it will be great if this gives on one Page/one Site whithout many Clicks...

I'm not sure to be honest mate. I get my research more through the podcasts and blogs so don't have the best knowledge of stats-related sites. People such as the Not the Top 20 podcast and Gabriel Sutton are the sort I go to.

Luton vs Middlesbrough

The new Championship season kicks off on Friday night with division new boys Luton hosting seasoned second tier side Middlesbrough in a 7:45pm BST kick-off at Kenilworth Road. There's a long season ahead but this will be an important campaign for both of these sides as they look to make positive ground after their contrasting campaigns last season.

Luton stormed to the League One title last season. The foundations set by former manager Nathan Jones were built on by caretaker gaffer Mick Harford. Former Swansea, Wigan, and West Brom coach Graeme Jones has been handed the reigns for this season and it's very much unknown territory for the new man. The summer has seen the Hatters make a number of signings on a budget with Simon Sluga from HNK Rijeka the only fee paid. The departure of Jack Stacey to Bournemouth was a blow but they'll be hoping his loss doesn't affect the team too badly.

Middlesbrough come into this season with the inexperienced Jonathan Woodgate at the helm. The former Boro centre back has not managed a team before and the wish of owner Steve Gibson to see the side play a more expansive style of football after the restrictive regimes of Aitor Karanka and Tony Pulis is a gamble in the least. A number of big names have departed the club including Aden Flint, Stewart Downing, John Obi Mikel, Martin Braithwaite, and Andy Lonergan with lesser known fresh faces coming in. Some fans would be forgiven for being a bit pessimistic about this upcoming season without a few more additions to the squad before next week's transfer deadline.

It's always a tall order trying to call these games. I think if Luton had stuck with Harford after the way he got them over the line following the departure of Jones I'd really fancy them to do something here. I don't think either of these clubs are where they'd have hoped to have been come the start of the season. Pre-season has been inconsistent at best, neither of their squads are without their flaws, and they both come into this campaign with new unproven managers at the helm. I think a draw seems the best option and it's a result that neither team would be overly disappointed with.

Draw @ 3.40 with Unibet

BTTS @ 1.85 with William Hill

@waynecoyne, @sajtion, @arvee, @canaries91, @Mindfulness, @betcatalog, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @CloughandTaylor, @Tiffy, @Gidds, @chris50, @PokerWolf1, @teddybear3011, @skyblues88, @allyhibs, @Icongene, @KikoCy, @willie82, @Neubs, @Papa Lazarou, @kulikTS, @Valkovets, @Pipoca, @padman, @Marek76, @silver fox, @neilovan, @HastGill1, @jazzman02, @andypaps28, @Kenton Schweppes, @rangers234, @newjack, @Kane91, @yossa6133, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @Xcout, @branskie, @Wanderer89, @Hitch, @four-leaf, @trevor8, @OppoArchitizerLady, and @the bastardian, what are you all betting on for this first weekend of Championship matches?

23 hours ago, Neubs said:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/championship/transfers/wettbewerb/GB2/plus/?saison_id=2019&s_w=s&leihe=0&leihe=1&intern=0&intern=1

Luton Town vs Middlesbrough

Luton Town

Doubtful: Alan Sheehan (17/0 d)

Out (injuries/other): -

Suspended: -

(players stats are from the last season)

Middlesbrough

Doubtful: Darren Randolph (48/0 first goalkeeper), George Friend (38/2 d)

Out (injuries/other): Dael Fry (34/0 m)

Suspended: -

(players stats are from the last season)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

5 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Luton vs Middlesbrough

The new Championship season kicks off on Friday night with division new boys Luton hosting seasoned second tier side Middlesbrough in a 7:45pm BST kick-off at Kenilworth Road. There's a long season ahead but this will be an important campaign for both of these sides as they look to make positive ground after their contrasting campaigns last season.

Luton stormed to the League One title last season. The foundations set by former manager Nathan Jones were built on by caretaker gaffer Mick Harford. Former Swansea, Wigan, and West Brom coach Graeme Jones has been handed the reigns for this season and it's very much unknown territory for the new man. The summer has seen the Hatters make a number of signings on a budget with Simon Sluga from HNK Rijeka the only fee paid. The departure of Jack Stacey to Bournemouth was a blow but they'll be hoping his loss doesn't affect the team too badly.

Middlesbrough come into this season with the inexperienced Jonathan Woodgate at the helm. The former Boro centre back has not managed a team before and the wish of owner Steve Gibson to see the side play a more expansive style of football after the restrictive regimes of Aitor Karanka and Tony Pulis is a gamble in the least. A number of big names have departed the club including Aden Flint, Stewart Downing, John Obi Mikel, Martin Braithwaite, and Andy Lonergan with lesser known fresh faces coming in. Some fans would be forgiven for being a bit pessimistic about this upcoming season without a few more additions to the squad before next week's transfer deadline.

It's always a tall order trying to call these games. I think if Luton had stuck with Harford after the way he got them over the line following the departure of Jones I'd really fancy them to do something here. I don't think either of these clubs are where they'd have hoped to have been come the start of the season. Pre-season has been inconsistent at best, neither of their squads are without their flaws, and they both come into this campaign with new unproven managers at the helm. I think a draw seems the best option and it's a result that neither team would be overly disappointed with.

Draw @ 3.40 with Unibet

BTTS @ 1.85 with William Hill

@waynecoyne, @sajtion, @arvee, @canaries91, @Mindfulness, @betcatalog, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @CloughandTaylor, @Tiffy, @Gidds, @chris50, @PokerWolf1, @teddybear3011, @skyblues88, @allyhibs, @Icongene, @KikoCy, @willie82, @Neubs, @Papa Lazarou, @kulikTS, @Valkovets, @Pipoca, @padman, @Marek76, @silver fox, @neilovan, @HastGill1, @jazzman02, @andypaps28, @Kenton Schweppes, @rangers234, @newjack, @Kane91, @yossa6133, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @Xcout, @branskie, @Wanderer89, @Hitch, @four-leaf, @trevor8, @OppoArchitizerLady, and @the bastardian, what are you all betting on for this first weekend of Championship matches?

Will be one hell of a season for sure! I'm tipping Cardiff, Fulham and Leeds for promotion (who'd say, right), but anything is possible. Warnock has plenty of experience and knows how to build Championship squad. Parker showed glimpses of potential nearing the end of Premier League last season and they could fly this year with that team. And of course, Leeds and Bielsa, how could we forget them? WBA, Forest, and maybe Swansea could have a decent season. I think Derby and Brentford are overrated a bit. My football league team are Argyle but I also have soft spot for Luton, and I am hoping they will manage to escape relegation. Can't wait for tomorrow, in all honesty!!!

I´m also on backing the Both2Score for today. But i´m also on Team Goals for Luton. Here i think Luton Team Goals Over 1.5 are a nice bet. Luton offensive very strong and didn´t lose any important offensive Player. Also with the New Coach i didn´t think that they will change too much. So first Game for Luton since 12 Years in Championship at Home against such a big Club on Paper. Motivation will be big and i think that can help Luton today.

17 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Middlesbrough come into this season with the inexperienced Jonathan Woodgate at the helm.

That name seems familiar....the Woodgate that go to play for Real Madrid??...Yes it is...?  when healthy he played well, sadly most of the time of his time there he was injured. I would never have figured he would end up as manager, never saw much of a character from him at Real Madrid, at least he got the help of Robbie Keane, who if I do not remember wrong does have a temper. An interesting experiment in Middlesbrough.

5 hours ago, Neubs said:

I´m also on backing the Both2Score for today. But i´m also on Team Goals for Luton. Here i think Luton Team Goals Over 1.5 are a nice bet. Luton offensive very strong and didn´t lose any important offensive Player. Also with the New Coach i didn´t think that they will change too much. So first Game for Luton since 12 Years in Championship at Home against such a big Club on Paper. Motivation will be big and i think that can help Luton today.

they lost both wing backs

4 hours ago, waynecoyne said:

they lost both wing backs

Yes i know but i´ve write offensive Players. I know both Wing backs was important but i see here great offensive Potential on Luton Side, when they didn´t change there way to play football...

Wigan vs Cardiff

Well, what a start to proceedings in the Championship that was tonight. A cracking game and both tips came in. The next preview focuses on my own club Cardiff and our trip to Wigan for this 3pm kick-off at the DW Stadium on Saturday. We're back down in the second tier of English football which is disappointing but it's a strange feeling because most of our fan base are feeling quietly confident we can make a strong title push this season.

Wigan narrowly avoided relegation to League One last season thanks to a late burst of results. Paul Cook is struggling to get given the funds to really push the team on as he'd like. A few shrewd dealings in the transfer market have seen the squad strengthened with the stand-out one being ex-Cardiff keeper David Marshall being snapped up. Other noteworthy additions include Everton's Joe Williams, Portsmouth's Jamal Lowe, and Chelsea's Dujon Sterling. Latics fans have every reason to feel they can fight for a solid mid-table position this term.

Cardiff fans are chirping about what is being seen as a great transfer window. What began as a very negative one with the free transfer departure of Aron Gunnarsson plus the returns to loanees Victor Camarasa and Harry Arter was made worse with the exits of Bruno Ecuele Manga and Kenneth Zohore. However, Neil Warnock and his team have moved fast to bring in a swathe of new signings including Will Vaulks from Rotherham, Aden Flint from Middlesbrough, Gavin Whyte and Curtis Nelson from Oxford, and Robert Glatzel from Heidenheim.

The old saying goes that there are no easy games in the Championship. This group of Cardiff players have the experience to know that well. The crux of the team that nearly stayed up in the Premier League remains but the additions of proper Football League workhorses means the squad has the right mix of talent and work rate. Wigan will relish this game. A fresh start after last season's strife. I'm actually worried we might be held to a draw here. Glatzel is ruled out so that leaves us without an out and out striker with Bobby Reid playing more of a second striker role in pre-season. I still think we can grind out a win but it'll be hard going.

Cardiff to Win @ 2.55 with Betfred

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.80 with Betfair

While the championship can be unpredictable I think Blackburn are a shoe in for a win against Charlton. I know you have to factor in the promotion bounce for Charlton but the Blackburn team has experience throughout the team and a lot of players who have played at a higher level. They are the home team, experienced manager and they will score goals today. They also had a good end to last season and have kept the squad together. I will include them with Celtic at home and an easy to double to double your money with a season opener.

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze1 said:

While the championship can be unpredictable I think Blackburn are a shoe in for a win against Charlton. I know you have to factor in the promotion bounce for Charlton but the Blackburn team has experience throughout the team and a lot of players who have played at a higher level. They are the home team, experienced manager and they will score goals today. They also had a good end to last season and have kept the squad together. I will include them with Celtic at home and an easy to double to double your money with a season opener.

I agree mate. I think Blackburn are going to be an awkward proposition for anyone this season. They've done well to hold onto Bradley Dack. Losing David Raya was a blow and it'll be interesting to see how Chris Walton does as a replacement. Sam Gallagher, Bradley Johnson, and Tosin Adarabioyo are three signings that could prove incredibly astute. It'll also be fascinating to see if Stewart Downing still has it. I think they might fall just short of the play-offs but they've got a stronger squad than last season for sure.

Both Jared Bowen and Kamil Grosicki are desperate to move away from the club and will be giving their 110% until the transfer window shuts down. The club is very keen to get rid of the latter off their books as he's the highest earner at the club. Most of Hull games in that period will feature plenty of goals. This was the case last year and I expect the same scenario when the current season kicks off. 

Swansea-Hull over 2.5 @1.75, local

Early games are very difficult to predict until 5-6 games played, pre-season injuries & transfer window still open will see teams struggling early being a better proposition in mid september.

For that reason i will have small plays on the over 2.5 goals market today.

Nottm Forest. 1.94 Betfair Ex.

Blackburn. 1.94 Betfair Ex.

Good luck to all.

Bristol city v leeds

Dallas (2 in 10(16)) and alioski 7 in 44 both look underpriced to me in terms of their goal minutes

which I have bought at 4 and 6 respectively with sporting index.

I don't expect both to start, RP forecast team has  a 3-3-1-3 formation (which bielsa has been experimenting with in pre season)

with Dallas on the right of midfield and alioski on the bench.

Alioski started last season at left wing and dropped back to left back in the second half of the season. Even when he played at full back he seemed to lurk in midfield and break forward at every opportunity.

Edited by waynecoyne

Dissapointed firs Gameweek here so far. Barnsley with the Win and QPR also. Didn´t expected that. Seems like Stoke are the same Shit like last Year and we need really fast a Striker who can score 12 or more Goals in a Season.