French Open 2019

3 hours ago, i1_principe said:

Wawrinka to beat Federer at 3.40 with Bet365

I am quite surprised to see such odds. Stan showed great tennis last games defeating Tsitsipas and Dimitrov. Federer has won his four games so far, but he played against far easier opponents. Today is expected to rain in Paris and this would give advantage for Wawrinka, as the court will be slower and the balls will be heavier.  Stan won 2 of the last 3 games of clay between these rivals and I do not see him as an outsider here.

He played a very long five setter against Tsitsipas and was actually rather fortunate to win the match (Tsistipas had 7 break opportunities in the 5th set alone I think). Also, although he has a 2-1 record against Federer on clay, that last match occurred in 2015, so it is only marginally relevant. Federer has spent far less time on court, which is always a bonus when you are playing at the business end of the tournament. I can see Stan perhaps winning one set, but no more. I think the odds are right.

S.Wawrinka - R.Federer over 3.5 sets @1.65
I expect long and tough match.

M.Vondrousova - P.Martic 2  @2.20
Martic has excellent h2h record against Vondrousova. She won their last match in Istanbul on clay so with this price i must try with Croatian girl.

Obviously the best outcome for all Wawrinka and Nishikori backers would be as much rain as possible today. Nishikori would appreciate some rest and would surely be glad to start tomorrow instead of today, while Wawrinka is the one to gain from slower conditions in the match-up. So come on!

31 minutes ago, 1daRice said:

I have my money on Matric today, straight win, and 1-2 victory, also I have a bet on its going 3 sets.

Ive watched all Martic matches, and she seems so focused and strong at this tournement.

Martic is the player with more matches won on clay this season, shes playing really well but Marketa also looks unstoppable now. I dont know what can happen here but i saw a weak version of Matric in her first set against Kanepi (after the first one Martic destroyed her). I cant predict a winner here. Lets see

20 minutes ago, darko08 said:

Martic is the player with more matches won on clay this season, shes playing really well but Marketa also looks unstoppable now. I dont know what can happen here but i saw a weak version of Matric in her first set against Kanepi (after the first one Martic destroyed her). I cant predict a winner here. Lets see

I hope she have a weak set again today, for the 1-2 in sets :-D

Edited by 1daRice

Money Printers rarely last long, I prefer more sensible posts.

Konta played unbelievable, if she can continue at that level she'll be a force for anyone. She dropped like 1 point on serve in the final set, thats unheard of for Konta, so full of confidence.

Looks like Nadal is timing his form to perfection, this is the best I've seen from him for a long time. I might even back him for the title if the odds are acceptable after today and if he doesn't have a dip in the third set like he did against Goffin.

11 minutes ago, CzechPunter said:

Looks like Nadal is timing his form to perfection, this is the best I've seen from him for a long time. I might even back him for the title if the odds are acceptable after today and if he doesn't have a dip in the third set like he did against Goffin.

And both Wawrinka and Federer aren't playing at their best at the moment so Rafa will probably have a quite easy semi-final.

Edited by Judeksi

Rafael Nadal to win French Open 2019 at 1.61 with Bet365

Realistically, this is between Nadal and Djokovic. Nadal is pretty much guaranteed to get to the finals imo, while Djokovic isn't just yet, Zverev could take him out with a best-of-season performance and so could Thiem. In the finals, Nadal is probably going to be something like 1.40 if nothing significant happens, so I'm taking this now - and he's going to be much less than that if it isn't Djokovic on the other side of the net.

Dominique Thiem vs Karen Khachanov Over 37.5 Games at 1.80 with Marathonbet

I think Khachanov can trouble Thiem more than the odds suggest. Thiem has dropped a set against Tommy Paul, Bublik and Cuevas so i think we can have a long match here.

Novak Djokovic to beat (3-0) Alexander Zverev at 1.95 with Marathonbet

Zverev has suffered against Millman (5 Sets), Lajovic (5 Sets) and Fognini (4 Sets) while Nole has win all his matches in 3 sets. I think this will be an easy match for the Djoker.

Madison Keys to beat Ashleigh Barty at 2.43 with 888

I don't why Barty is only payed at 1.50-1.55. I know she is playing very solid but the match will but in the racket of Keys considering the defensive style of Barty. If she's accurate and can control Barty's wicked slices she can get this.

Amanda Anisimova (+5.5 Games) to beat Simona Halep at 1.87 with 888

Halep has destroyed Tsurenko and Swiatek but she also has dropped a set against Tomljanovic and Magda Linette. If Anisimova doesn't get nervous i think she can trouble Halep with her offensive game (at least to cover this handicap). Anisimova has not dropped any set in the whole tournament.

This is what i got for tomorrow. Too many bet i know ? but anybody is forced to follow them. GL.

Edited by darko08

Novak Djokovic to beat (3-0) Alexander Zverev at 1.85 with Bet365

Zverev is not really in his best form. He spent a lot more time on the court than Djoker and has most likely come to the end of the road at this tournament. Novak is in a very good form and the only one who can really stop him is Rafa Nadal. At he moment and before then Djoker is a clear favorite and he will win this match easy 6:4, 6:3, 6:4.

Edited by Foxstar
correction

Novak Djokovic to win French Open 2019 at 3.50 with betway

Novak to go against the odds and win his second French open of his career in a thrilling 5 sets match. He is mentally very strong and has a stamina to last 5 sets. Rafa who is the king of clay and who won Rolland Garros staggering 11 times is maybe the clear favorite, but Djoker will want this win more than everyone on the planet at this moment. Are we ready for another epic match?!?

Konta to beat Vondrusova @1.72 offered by bet365

After I suffered a shocking loss on money printer, I said to my self - Don't worry boy, we may recoup from Konta next matches.-

It is often in WTA tour to see players coming out from space ships to lift trophies

That happens almost EVERY year. The spaceship WTA this year might be Johanna Konta

However, and because Halep is STILL in the race, I just pick her to beat Vondrusova.

I am sorry that I picked mugz in previous money printers like WAW and Stephens. WAW won because Tsitsipas commit  suicide by losing tons of break points, and by wasting his energy to shout silly things all the time.

Stephens lost because she looked WEAK in front of the spaceship passenger Konta.

C'mon KONTA give the lesson my alien!

good luck punters! I love you! 

3 hours ago, Stegosaurus said:

I think that’s pretty disrespectful to Dominic Thiem mainly, but also to Federer, Khachanov and Zverev. You don’t think Thiem can win this?

@Stegosaurus I think that you completely took this out of content. My response was directly to your message re @CzechPunter's and my conflicting predictions. I never said, or was disrespectful to any other players at all. I am, like you, or anyone else allowed my opinion, which is that Nadal and Djokovic are expected to play in the final. This is why this forum is made, to allow each of us to bring up the suggestion, or expertise regarding Tennis betting. You may agree, or disagree.

Halep to beat Anisimova 2-0 - 1.66 Betfair

Anisimova is a future star. Halep is an elite level player now. There's a chance that Anisimova could keep it tight and take a set but I think it's more likely that Halep will school her. After the rain delay there is less time to rest up so she will want this over quickly and won't mess about. 

Keys v Barty - Number of sets? Three - 2.44 Betfair

Barty is the better player but she doesn't usually run away with things on clay. Keys steps it up for the slams and is one of the most consistent players for reaching later rounds. I thought about backing Keys but Barty could still win this. More value for me in backing three sets. 

On 6/4/2019 at 10:46 PM, Foxstar said:

Novak Djokovic to beat (3-0) Alexander Zverev at 1.85 with Bet365

Zverev is not really in his best form. He spent a lot more time on the court than Djoker and has most likely come to the end of the road at this tournament. Novak is in a very good form and the only one who can really stop him is Rafa Nadal. At he moment and before then Djoker is a clear favorite and he will win this match easy 6:4, 6:3, 6:4.

@darko08 So, we’ve got that one right.

Novak Djokovic/Dominic Thiem over 4.5 set at 3.30 with betsson

I fully belive this bet is going to come in after seeing both playing their best superb tennis today. There just was no stopping either of them from winning in straight sets and there should be nothing stopping them from going the distance tomorrow.

Barty - Anisimova. Barty to win @1.53 Unibet.

Halep's defeat was the surprise of the day today. However, I've seen the match, and I'd rather say that Halep was under her normal level than Anisimova was shining. On the other hand, Barty played today very well against the power of Keys meaning that he is ready to stand the aggressive game of the youngster. 

I think that Barty will win easily Anisimova and, for those who like bigger stakes, will take the Roland Garros this year @2.70 Unibet.

6 minutes ago, vvararu said:

What are your thoughts guys about the tomorrow's women matches?

Konta - Vondrousova

Barty - Anisimova

???

On gut instinct I'd say three sets between Konta and Vondrousova. Can't see either of them winning easily - particularly when the winning line comes into view. Barty will probably beat Anisimova - the Australian has much more variety than Halep and I think that will be Anisimova's undoing as she's unlikely to be able to get into the kind of rhythm she got into today.