** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

FA Cup Predictions > Nov 30th - Dec 3rd

facupodds1.jpg

facupodds2.jpg

The FA Cup 2nd Round is coming up this weekend. The winners of these matches will be entered into the 3rd Round where the Premier League and Championship big guns enter the fray. There are plenty of fascinating clashes scheduled so take a look at the odds and give us your selected bets for this round. :ok

Chesterfield v Grimsby

Regular readers of my stuff will know I am going to put up the draw here. Chesterfield's amazing draw record is now getting a bit of a higher profile, but still no one apart from me seems to be suggesting to actually be backing them to draw. Even though they did beat Billericay in the replay we are still in profit on them in this competition backing them to draw. They weren't at their best on Tuesday against Bromley and needed a late penalty to get the point, but they have it in them to cause Grimsby some problems. Grimsby are improving and had a very good win against Tranmere on Tuesday night, but away from home they have only won twice in the league all season. There is every chance this could be another draw and who knows it might well be 1-1 again!

Barnet v Stockport

Both this sides caused pretty big upsets in the 1st Round with Stockport winning at Yeovil and Barnet beating Bristol Rovers in a replay. I think Stockport have a real chance of making it to the 3rd Round here, a round not that long ago they would have entered the competition in. Barnet are sill a bit inconsistent and weren't great against Gateshead last Saturday. That made it 3 league defeats in their last 4 games. Stockport didn't have the ideal prep for this when losing 3-2 on Tuesday night to an improving Blyth side, but that was their first league defeat in 7 games and they had a great win over Chorley in the FA Trophy last Saturday. They were 6/1 to beat Yeovil so for them to be only a point lower to win this makes them decent value for me.

Tranmere v Southport

Tranmere had a right old scare in the 1st Round as Oxford City should have beaten them. The replay was pretty routine as City weren't anywhere near the level they were in the first game. They face a local derby here and I think Southport are decent value to cause an upset. They were really disappointing at the start of the season, but they are finally showing the form which made me want to back them for the National League North title at the start of the season. They beat Boreham Wood in the 1st Round 2-0 and they are now unbeaten in 7 games. Tranmere of cause beat Wood in the play-off final last year and they are just outside the play-offs in League 2. Their home form is strong and they have lost just once at home. It could be that the scare they got in the 1st Round might mean they are more on it here, but Southport are good enough to take advantage if they aren't and 15/2 is a big price for me.

Chesterfield v Grimsby 1pt draw @ 23/10 with Betfair

Stockport 1pt @ 5/1 with Betfred

Southport 1pt @ 15/2 with William Hill, Betfred & BetVictor

Edited by Darran

Wrexham vs Newport County

The stand-out match of the FA Cup 2nd Round games coming up this weekend is the all-Welsh clash between National League side Wrexham and League Two club Newport County at the Racecourse Ground this Saturday at 8pm. It's north versus south and this is a game that neither team will want to lose.

Wrexham are enjoying a brilliant season so far. Sam Ricketts is doing a fantastic job as gaffer at the Dragons. His team are 3rd in the league table. They had been leading the way but failure to take a win from their last three league matches has seen them falter slightly and they are now 4 points behind league leaders Leyton Orient.

Newport County are also experiencing some good times. Mike Flynn has had a positive influence around the club ever since he was appointed with the club on the verge of relegation. He has turned things around and the team is now 4th in League Two and just 5 points off the top spot. Inconsistent results lately have put a dent in their automatic promotion hopes but generally it's been an encouraging first 20 league games.

In Wales, this is the game of the weekend. These two sides last met in in the 2013 National League Play-Off Final that Newport County won. The previous time before that was on 26th March, 1988. There are probably some of you reading this that weren't even born then! Newport County edge the head-to-head meetings with 8 victories compared to Wrexham's 7 wins and 5 draws. Both teams have scored in just 2 of the last 10 meetings.

Everything seems to point towards a Newport County win. They have the better head-to-head, stronger playing squad, higher league ranking, and have proven they can do the business against lower placed teams on the road in this cup competition already. I just think it's high time Wrexham came away with a result.

If you're not from Wales then you will unlikely know that it's a tough old trip going from south to north Wales. It's winding roads and if you want to avoid them then you need to cross over into England, head up the M5 or M6, and cut back across. This could be a tough one for a Newport County side that will definitely not look forward to this trip. I was tempted to back a Wrexham win but I'm leaning more towards a draw. I also think we're due a both teams to score.

Draw @ 3.30 with Betfred

BTTS @ 1.83 with Ladbrokes

@Mindfulness, @Pep004, @MaliMisko12, @betcatalog, @sajtion, @godofhorses, @Tiffy, @waynecoyne, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @Duke_Tm, @dogmeister, @Arkadi Manucharov, @derbent, @fat, @allyhibs, @6avin24, @discipline, @the bastardian, @Bronxie, @Bett@KikoCy, @teddybear3011, @markus808, @allthethings, @Kenton Schweppes, @vasilli07, @Dylan Lynch, @neilovan, @JKos, @zemo91, @kulikTS, @mrclubbie, @Judeksi, @Henind666, @Dave1X2, @canaries91, @jazzman02, @sajtion, @Darran, @postmanplod69, @eddiem, @bartonbank, @yossa6133, @Teodore, and @AndreBR, what bets are you guys thinking of for this round of matches in the FA Cup?

On 11/30/2018 at 12:35 PM, bartonbank said:

Sorry Stevie, but I can't see BTTS as a good bet. We've scored once, via a huge deflection, in the last 3 games. I hope we score but I wouldn't bet on us at odds on.

Ah well, the BTTS didn't come off as you rightly expected but at least we bagged the draw. Frustrated with the replay or just glad to still be in the draw?

As a Stockport fan even though i predicted Barnet to win in the last round in their replay,i wont be forecasting anything for this one, County have 1500 fans going down for this and with the North London Derby probably putting off a few from going i think we will possibly outnumber the Barnet fans,hoping for a draw to bring them back to Edgeley but not predicting anything here.

My one cup bet of the week is Fleetwood -2 on the Asian handicap away at Guiseley, Fleetwood won at a canter away at Alfreton in the last round and i know Guiseley shocked Cambridge utd and were 4 up at one stage they very nearly through it away and i think Cambridge didnt turn up on the day while i am sure Fleetwood wont be under estimating Guiseley, had a look on Betfair and over 5/2 is available on the exchange.

Going to have 3 points on this

Guiseley vs Fleetwood

The final FA Cup 2nd Round fixture of the weekend comes at us tonight when National League North club Guiseley host League One opponents Fleetwood in an 8pm kick-off at Nethermoor Park. It's a true David versus Goliath clash but will there be an upset?

Guiseley are having a very average season in the National League North. Marcus Bignot and Russ O'Neill have done their best to steer the team up the table but the Lions are in 16th place on 20 points after 17 league games. Just 1 defeat in their last 5 competitive games will give them confidence heading into this game but it's a tall order.

Fleetwood will be keen to add some joy to their campaign with a place in the FA Cup 3rd Round draw. Joey Barton's side are slap bang in the middle of League One in 12th place with 27 points from 20 league matches. The Fishermen are 7 points off the play-offs and 10 points away from relegation. It's already feeling like a season of consolidation so a cup run would be warmly welcomed.

Interestingly, these two clubs have already met five times due to Fleetwood previous spells lower down the non-league system. Each side has won once and there have been three draws. They met most recently only in 2008 when they drew 2-2. The last encounter at this stadium was won by Fleetwood by a 2-0 score-line.

You should expect goals in this game. Guiseley have seen at least three goals scored in their three previous home FA Cup matches this season. Both teams have scored in all three of those matches as well. Fleetwood also scored at least twice in their last three matches away to non-league opposition but have only managed to keep one clean sheet in those matches.

This will no doubt be an uncomfortable game for Fleetwood. We could well see Barton's patience and emotional discipline fully tested tonight. Guiseley will know his attitude is a potential weakness to exploit. How will they do that? We'll undoubtedly see. I think Fleetwood should squeak the win though. If I had to back a correct score, I'd say 2-1 to the away side.

Draw (Guiseley +1) @ 3.60 with Coral

BTTS @ 2.00 with William Hill