** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

EFL Cup Predictions > Sep 25th - Oct 2nd

Manchester United v Derby County

Manchester United: Marcus Rashford (3/0 f, suspended), Marcos Rojo (0/0 d)

Derby County: Thomas Lawrence (7/3 m, top scorer, suspended), Curtis Davies (1/0 d, captain), George Evans (1/0 m), Marcus Olsson (0/0 d)

West Bromwich v Crystal Palace

West Bromwich: no absences

Crystal Palace: Wilfried Zaha (5/3 f, top scorer, doubtful), Christian Benteke (4/0 f), Pape Souaré (1/0 d), Connor Wickham (0/0 f), Scott Dann (0/0 d)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Liverpool vs Chelsea

The EFL Cup (look, we've been through why we're not calling it the Carabao Cup so let's move on!) is back and it's the round where all the big teams that have been involved in European action enter the fray. This plum tie sees Premier League title rivals Liverpool and Chelsea go toe-to-toe in a 7:45pm kick-off tomorrow night.

Jurgen Klopp's men have started this season as well as they could have hoped. Maximum points from their first six Premier League matches has seen them move to the top of the league as the only club with a 100% record. The 3-2 win against PSG in the opening group game of the Champions League also ensured that tournament began well for the Reds.

Maurizio Sarri has also enjoyed his team's early form. Last weekend saw the Blues drop their first points of the season in a 0-0 draw away to West Ham. It means Chelsea are still in 3rd place in the league but they lose ground on pace makers Liverpool. It was also a positive start in the Europa League with the Stamford Bridge club grinding out a business-like 1-0 win away to PAOK in their first group game.

This is the first of two meetings between these clubs this week. They also meet in the league on Saturday at Stamford Bridge. I can't imagine either side will play full strength teams in this game. This is certainly their lowest priority competition. So it's going to be tough to make any calls on bets relating to the player markets.

A 1-1 draw has occurred in 5 of the last 9 meetings between these two teams. It's also been a case of under 2.5 goals being scored in 7 of those 9 recent encounters. If both teams are set to field patched up sides of fringe players then cohesion will go out the window and we can expect another disjointed affair that may well be lacking in goals.

It's always a tough one to call in this competition. Chelsea haven't won at Anfield since their 2-1 win in the Premier League back on 8th November, 2014. Can they expect their back up players to go away from home and get the job done? I'm not convinced. That doesn't mean they can't hold out for a draw over 90 minutes though. I still think Liverpool will have more back up quality because Chelsea have loaned most of theirs out.

Liverpool to Win @ 1.90 with Bet365

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 2.27 with MarathonBet

@Mindfulness, @Pep004, @MaliMisko12, @betcatalog, @sajtion, @godofhorses, @Tiffy, @waynecoyne, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @Duke_Tm, @dogmeister, @Arkadi Manucharov, @derbent, @fat, @allyhibs, @6avin24, @discipline, @the bastardian, @Bronxie, @Bett@KikoCy, @teddybear3011, @markus808, @allthethings, @Kenton Schweppes, @vasilli07, @Dylan Lynch, @neilovan, @JKos, @zemo91, @kulikTS, @mrclubbie, @Judeksi, @Henind666, @Dave1X2, @canaries91, @jazzman02, and @AndreBR, what bets are you guys thinking of for these games?

2 hours ago, cluelessG said:

People expect Wolves to field a second-string team and Leicester to keep more first-team regulars in their starting lineup. I will place a small bet on the away win and will check the starting lineups to decide about a larger bet.

I have gone with Leicester +0.25 AH @ 1.84 Betvictor, Wolves lineup for tonight is clearly second string while Leicester are putting in a respectable eleven and good bench. Wolves will prioritise staying in the EPL while Leicester will want to do well in the cups as they are well established in the prem.

EFL 26/09/2018 predictions

1) Arsenal vs Brentford 3-0FT

Arsenal's back up is better off than Brentford first team. I predict a Comfortable home win

2) Westham vs Macclesfield 3-0 FT

Comfortable home win

3)Liverpool vs Chelsea 3-1 Ft

4)Tottenham vs Watford 2-0 FT

5)Nottingham vs Stoke 2-1 FT

Close game but a narrow win for Nottingham forest

Edited by Gedkip
Missing

On 9/25/2018 at 9:54 AM, StevieDay1983 said:

Liverpool vs Chelsea

I can't imagine either side will play full strength teams in this game. This is certainly their lowest priority competition. So it's going to be tough to make any calls on bets relating to the player markets.

It's always a tough one to call in this competition. Chelsea haven't won at Anfield since their 2-1 win in the Premier League back on 8th November, 2014. Can they expect their back up players to go away from home and get the job done? I'm not convinced. That doesn't mean they can't hold out for a draw over 90 minutes though. I still think Liverpool will have more back up quality because Chelsea have loaned most of theirs out.

These are the key points that should make you consider getting 4.00 or better for a side of Chelsea's quality. When you say or acknowledge Liverpool are the better side, you're talking about a different Liverpool and a different Chelsea. Away sides win a third of the time in the round of 16 at such odds, though in this round those matches don't typically represent two top sides against each other. Chelsea have never been a big dog in this competition, so it's new ground for them.

Don't know yet whether I'll be on them, but 4.00+ is a lot of value.

19 hours ago, allthethings said:

These are the key points that should make you consider getting 4.00 or better for a side of Chelsea's quality. When you say or acknowledge Liverpool are the better side, you're talking about a different Liverpool and a different Chelsea. Away sides win a third of the time in the round of 16 at such odds, though in this round those matches don't typically represent two top sides against each other. Chelsea have never been a big dog in this competition, so it's new ground for them.

Don't know yet whether I'll be on them, but 4.00+ is a lot of value.

Did you go for it? I'm very surprised Chelsea gave Hazard game time but essentially he proved to be the difference.

Everton vs Southampton

One last game in the 3rd Round of the EFL Cup takes place this week in an all-Premier League tie between Everton and Southampton in a 7:45pm kick-off at Goodison Park tonight. Both teams will see this cup as a chance to qualify for European competition and take attention away from what has been an underwhelming start to their respective league campaigns.

Everton are sat in 11th place in the Premier League table with 9 points from their first 7 league matches. The worrying statistic for Marco Silva's side is that they have only tasted victory twice this season in league competition. The 3-1 win over Rotherham in the 2nd Round of this competition provided another win.

Southampton are fairing slightly worse in the top flight in 16th position with just 5 points from their 7 league matches. 1 win, 2 draws, and 4 defeats has got many fans worried at the club. Their 1-0 win over south coast rivals Brighton at the Amex Stadium in the previous round suggests Mark Hughes is taking this competition seriously.

Both sides have fielded strong line-ups in their previous game so far. That's quite right too. This competition is ideal for teams in the middle to bottom half of the Premier League. It also makes it a bit easier to predict so it's good for us punters as well. I'm expecting some thrills and spills tonight.

I can see this being a high-scoring game. Southampton have conceded 11 goals already this campaign but have shown they can attack teams when needed. The Toffees have only managed to keep one clean sheet this season but have scored 14 goals in all competitions already. It also appears that both teams have scored in four of the last six encounters between these two sides.

Everton to Win @ 1.75 with Betfair

BTTS @ 1.87 with SportPesa