** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Group B Predictions > Jun 22nd - 30th

GroupB.jpg

This is where you can find all our previews and chat relating to Group B. Post your own tips and predictions in here so we can get some real discussion going in an effort to get the most profit from our betting. :ok

@Ameer, @jazzman02, @Sterphyle, @Misa, @vasilli07, @MPLouis, @gazzo, @lorenzo., @mij0sim, @stressina87, @i1_principe, @hristofor, @Niceguy, @markus808, @clubgowi, @Neubs, @Mindfulness, @Kenton Schweppes, @salmonman, @potus, @neilovan, @thfc, @Roy The Boy, @sajtion, @MangoTheThird, @newjack, @Gedkip, @canaries91, @Xcout, @waynecoyne, @allyhibs, @Icongene, @four-leaf, @Teodore, @Darran, @Bobby Vegas, @DrO, @betcatalog, @immortal--, @allthethings, @Pep004, @DW_United, @Pipoca, @liamcorrigan86, @BobEire, @Odyssey, @Marek76, @thinkpink63, and @bastia.

One bet I took there , small stake 

Burundi 1.25 against Nigeria !!! I saw last games for this Burundi , they drew with Algeria 1-1 , lost in 94 from Tunisia and played Just very great football , if they keep show this performance and fighting spirit then for sure they wont lose easy here

Nigeria normal team these days , I just know they are always dangerous team but wont be easy for them here for sure !!

Nigeria vs Burundi

One of the favourites to win this year's Africa Cup of Nations Nigeria take on tournament debutants Burundi in a Group B game that could potentially deliver the first shock of the competition. The two sides will kick-off at 6pm BST at the Alexandria Stadium in Alexandria.

Nigeria have a squad rammed full of players known across the world. We're talking about the likes of Leganes's Kenneth Omeruo, Udinese's William Troost-Ekong, Middlesbrough's John Obi Mikel, Al-Nassr Ahmed Musa, Arsenal's Alex Iwobi, Leicester's Wilfred Ndidi, and Shanghai Shenhua's Odion Ighalo. However, they've frequently failed to perform at this tournament. Their last success coming back in 2013 ended a barren run of 19 years. They didn't even qualify for the last two tournaments.

Burundi are here for a good time. It's the country's first participation and they're not going to take it lightly. The country has built a reputation of being a high tempo attacking side. Fans of British football will be familiar with Hibernian's Gael Bigirimana and Stoke's Saido Berahino. This is by no means a Burundi side that should be under-estimated. Head coach Olivier Niyungeko saw his side lose 2-1 to Tunisia in their most recent game but before that they hadn't lost in their previous 7 matches.

This is a tough one to call. On paper, this is Nigeria's to lose but Burundi are a potential banana skin for all of the teams in this group. The Super Eagles manager Gernot Rohr will need to draw on all his managerial experience to get his side through this. I think they might sneak the win but they could get a scare if they can't contain this Burundi front line.

BTTS @ 2.90 with Coral

Draw (Nigeria -1) @ 3.25 with Sportingbet

Guinea vs Madagascar

Group B throws up another tournament debutant when first-timers Madagascar will play the slightly more experienced Guinea in a 9pm BST kick-off at the Alexandria Stadium in Alexandria. The winner of this match could place themselves well to qualify for the last 16.

Guinea enter this tournament as a dark horse pick with some people. The midfield duo of Naby Keita of Liverpool and Amadou Diawara of Napoli means they will boss most midfield battles. That immediately gives them a great chance of picking up wins. The nation that will host the 2025 edition of this competition have reached the Quarter-Finals on four of the last five occasions. It seems logical to back them to go that far again. The small issue is that Paul Put's men haven't won in 6 matches now. Has a rot set in?

Madagascar come into this tournament as total underdogs. They might well have been the first qualifiers but for all their attacking prowess they are left wanting in defence. Nicolas Dupuis brings an inexperienced back-line to this tournament in hope of addressing the problem of leaking goals. Unfortunately, Barea have failed to win any of their last 5 games heading into this tournament and it's a run that's included conceding 3 goals against Sudan, Luxembourg, and Mauritania.

This is a huge opportunity for Guinea to start on a positive note. You look through Madagascar's side and they don't really have any stand-out players. You look at their results over the past couple of years and their only wins have come against sub-standard sides such as Mozambique, Comoros, and Equatorial Guinea. A team like Guinea should tear them apart.

Guinea -1 @ 3.10 with SpreadEx

Total Goals Scored Over 2.5 @ 2.36 with Marathonbet

Yes, @Ameer. Burundi have to see that has a huge missed opportunity. They had their chances to take the lead at 0-0 but just seemed to have a lack of self belief to get the win themselves. I thought Bigirimana ran the show in the early phases but they just couldn't push on and get that decisive opening goal which proved so costly. I'll be interested to see if they learn from that for their next game against Madagascar. They showed enough potential to make me think they have enough to reach the last 16 but there's a big difference between having potential and fulfilling it.

Nigeria vs Guinea

The first match from the second round of group games at the Africa Cup of Nations comes at us this afternoon in a 3:30pm BST kick-off when group leaders Nigeria will secure their place in the last 16 with a victory over second placed Guinea at the Alexandria Stadium in Alexandria.

Nigeria were far from convincing against a tricky Burundi side. It was Gernot Rohr's men who prevailed as 1-0 winners but it was Burundi who came away from the game feeling it was a huge opportunity scuppered. The Super Eagles will now book their spot in the knock-out phase with victory but even a draw is likely to be enough to see them through with a number of 3rd place positions eligible for qualification.

Guinea showed exactly why they're an unknown quantity in their opening 2-2 draw with Madagascar. Moments of real quality were nullified by incidents of awfulness. Paul Put will be concerned that his side needed a penalty to save themselves a point against a team they will have felt they should be beating. Failure to take anything from this game would put their hopes of reaching the last 16 in serious jeopardy.

More pressure is on Guinea heading into this game. I think if they can fix some fundamental issues that became apparent against Madagascar then they could be a difficult opponent for Nigeria. The problem for them is that Nigeria have got this habit of playing below their best but still grinding out the results. It's an effective style of play that comes with experience. That very experience is why I think Nigeria will sneak another win here.

Nigeria to Win @ 2.00 with Boylesports

Total Goals Scored Under 1.5 @ 2.70 with Unibet

Madagascar vs Burundi

Group B concludes its second round of matches today at 3:30pm BST when Madagascar could take a huge step towards reaching the last 16 with a win over Burundi here when the two sides meet at the Alexandria Stadium in Alexandria. Nigeria have already bagged one of the qualification spots so the pressure is now on the remaining teams in the group.

Madagascar were denied a win in their 2-2 draw with Guinea in their opening game. It was still a result they weren't expected to get so they'll feel this is a massive opportunity to surprise the odds and boost their hopes of reaching the knock-out phase of this competition.

Burundi looked dangerous in their 1-0 loss to Nigeria in their opening match. Olivier Ndikumana's team will draw confidence from their performance in that game and will have total belief that they can win this game and put themselves in a great position to qualify for the next round.

We could see some goals in this game. Both sides are attack-minded. Madagascar have scored 6 goals in their last 4 matches and Burundi not only have a wealth of attacking talent including Saido Berahino but they have also conceded in each of their last 6 matches. There isn't a lot separating these two sides. I'd probably just have to favour Burundi based on the opening games of both sides but I wouldn't be surprised if this ended in a draw.

Burundi to Win @ 2.62 with BetVictor

BTTS @ 2.25 with William Hill

Burundi vs Guinea

Group B enters its final day of matches on Sunday evening at 5pm BST when Burundi and Guinea play each other at the Al Salam Stadium in Cairo. One of these two sides will be exiting the tournament at this stage so this really is a case of nothing to lose because even a draw might see both teams eliminated.

Burundi have not really had the just rewards for their performances so far in this competition. The tournament debutants were unlucky to lose 1-0 to Nigeria in their opening game and then the 1-0 loss to Madagascar in their second game was a sucker punch. Olivier Niyungeko now has one final chance to help his side sneak through but going through the lottery of the third place qualification is the best they can hope for.

Guinea find themselves in a slightly better position than Burundi. Paul Put's men drew their opening game with Madagascar 2-2 and then only narrowly lost to Nigeria by a 1-0 score-line. It means the National Elephants would almost be certain to reach the last 16 with a win. Anything less and their hopes hang in the balance.

I've been pleasantly surprised by Burundi in this tournament but I also feel for them. They've deserved more than the 0 points they currently hold. It's now looking like a tall order for them to qualify. Guinea arguably have the more capable set of players. If Burundi can take their chances then they might sneak the win but I think it'll be another case of trying hard but failing to convert the chances. I think I have to go against my heart and back Guinea to win and progress.

Guinea to Win @ 1.75 with Unibet

Guinea HT/FT @ 2.80 with Betfred

Madagascar vs Nigeria

The second match in Group B is a group winner decider between Madagascar and Nigeria that also kicks off at 5pm BST but this game takes place at the Alexandria Stadium in Alexandria. The winning team will seal top spot in this group and earn a supposedly more favourable draw in the last 16. A draw would see Nigeria take first place.

Madagascar have probably been the surprise package of this tournament so far. The tournament debutants drew their opening game 2-2 with Guinea but then beat Burundi 1-0 to move second in the group on 4 points. You would think that should be enough to see them through to the last 16. What an achievement it would be to top the group.

Nigeria came into this group as the firm favourites to win it and also as one of the favourites to win the tournament overall. So far it has been far from convincing with two 1-0 wins over Burundi and Guinea but it's business done so far. 6 points puts them top of the group and a draw would confirm that by the end of this game.

If there was one word you had to use for Nigeria up to now it would be underwhelming. They've discovered this knack of getting the job done even when they're playing badly. That's the experience showing through in their team. I fully expect them to do the same here. It might even be another 1-0 win but their fans won't care how they go about it.

Nigeria to Win to Nil @ 2.90 with BetVictor

Draw HT/ Nigeria FT @ 5.10 with MarathonBet