** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

EFL Cup Predictions > Oct 30th - Nov 27th

eflcup.jpg

The EFL Cup enters its last 16 phase and here are the odds for those games coming midweek next week. For some reason, the Chelsea versus Derby game isn't displayed yet but we'll hopefully be able to update that soon. Take a look at the odds available and share your thoughts on the bets to place here.

Chelsea vs Derby

The big game tonight in this second rank cup competition in English football is between Premier League side Chelsea and Championship club Derby in a 7:45pm kick-off at Stamford Bridge. It will see former Blues icon Frank Lampard return to the club where he made his name as one of the game's greatest goal-scoring midfielders.

Maurizio Sarri is expected to make a number of changes to his Chelsea side heading into this game. Talisman Eden Hazard is almost certain to be rested and there are also likely absentees in the form of Pedro and Olivier Giroud. So we could see a fairly fresh but mixed Blues side here.

It would be surprising if Derby played anything but a full strength side here. Lampard will be keen to take a big scalp and with the club receiving permission to start Chelsea loanees Mason Mount and Fikayo Tomori there will be a team full of players eager to make a big impression.

Chelsea boss the head-to-head meetings between these two sides over recent years. The Blues have won 6 of the last 7 meetings and have not lost an encounter since 1999. Both teams to score could be the bet to back here because it has happened in 8 of the last 12 meetings. Throw into the mix the fact that Chelsea have scored in every home match this season and Derby have scored in 9 of their 11 away matches in all competitions this season.

This might not be a vintage Chelsea performance given the expected changes. It's hard to see how Sarri has this competition nailed down as a priority. That said, a trophy is a trophy and he'll be determined to add his first trophy to his CV as Chelsea manager as soon as possible. I just think it'll be a lot of huff and puff from Derby but Chelsea will sneak through. I'm not confident enough to back them outright though. It could be pushed to extra-time or penalties.

BTTS @ 2.05 with Ladbrokes

Derby +2 @ 2.10 with Coral

@Mindfulness, @Pep004, @MaliMisko12, @betcatalog, @sajtion, @godofhorses, @Tiffy, @waynecoyne, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @Duke_Tm, @dogmeister, @Arkadi Manucharov, @derbent, @fat, @allyhibs, @6avin24, @discipline, @the bastardian, @Bronxie, @Bett@KikoCy, @teddybear3011, @markus808, @allthethings, @Kenton Schweppes, @vasilli07, @Dylan Lynch, @neilovan, @JKos, @zemo91, @kulikTS, @mrclubbie, @Judeksi, @Henind666, @Dave1X2, @canaries91, @jazzman02, and @AndreBR, are you guys betting on this cup this week?

I was looking at a similar bet - both Chelsea and Derby to score at odds around evens. For some reason Chelsea have conceded more goals at home than away and they will likely rest some regular starters tonight. Derby certainly look capable to score.

And I will wait for the lineups (and subs) to be announced before i place any further bets tonight.

Middlesbrough V Crystal Palace

Jordan Hugill anytime goalscorer @ 3.8 Betway

I feel there is some added value in backing Hugill to score tonight. With the exception of Wan-Bissaka, Palace are fielding a second-string backline. Jairo Riedewald may well play at centre-back and he is notoriously bad in the air.

Hugill is decent with his ariel duels and is an indirect set-piece threat. If Boro can provide him with some good deliveries in the box then he can trouble Palace tonight.

Worth a punt, small stake.

Manchester City vs Fulham

A generally successful night for us last night. Derby delivering the expected entertainment value against a weakened Chelsea side. Tonight it's the turn of Manchester City who host fellow Premier League club Fulham in a 7:45pm kick-off at the Etihad Stadium.

Manchester City are flying in the Premier League starting the season unbeaten. On the contrary, Fulham are slap bang in the relegation zone with an awful defensive record to blame for their poor form. This being despite the fact they spent heavily over the summer in an effort to make their squad more competitive.

It is expected that City will make a number of changes. The likes of Ilkay Gundogan, Phil Foden, Oleksandr Zinchenko, and Brahim Diaz could all be in line for starts. However, some quality first team fringe players will also be included so don't expect a weak side.

The form statistics will send shivers down the spine of Cottagers fans. City have won the last six meetings between these two teams. That includes a 3-0 victory over Fulham earlier this season. These two sides last met in the EFL Cup back in 2009 when City won 2-1.

However, there may be light at the end of the tunnel. City have failed to score in both of their previous EFL Cup 4th Round matches under Pep Guardiola. Fulham are also unbeaten away in the EFL Cup under Slavisa Jokanovic. An interesting fact is also that the reigning holders of the EFL Cup have been eliminated in the 4th Round in three of the last four seasons.

The sensible option would be to back a solid win for City here but, like last night with Chelsea, I think sweeping changes to the squad could impact on them negatively. It could lead to a fractured display. I fully expect Jokanovic to see this as a chance to get a big scalp and earn a morale-boosting win.

One big problem remains that Fulham's defence is awful. The Cottagers have conceded 15 goals in their last 4 competitive games. It's an issue that doesn't appear to be getting solved any time soon. Unless the defence can pull a display out of thin air then I think Fulham might push City close but I can't see them getting the win. That being said, if an upset is going to happen then this is the stage for it.

BTTS @ 2.30 with Boylesports

Fulham +3 @ 2.20 with Ladbrokes

I'm placing a small bet on Man City to win by 2 goals or 3 goals (odds 4.33 and 4.75 at bet365). I don't trust the Fulham defence and I don't think they can stop City from scoring 2-3 goals. In the meantime I hope that City will take the match seriously and allow Fulham to score 1 goal at the most. Starting with Kompany and Stones in defence is a good sign for me. Small stakes, just for fun.

• StevieDay1983 changed the title to EFL Cup Predictions > Oct 30th - Nov 27th

eflcupodds.jpg

The final match from this round of games is the re-arranged fixture between Leicester and Southampton. The originally scheduled game occurred just days after the tragic helicopter crash so it's understandable that it was postponed. Here are the odds for the game. Please share any thoughts you have on who to back here. Could this potentially be a last game in charge for Mark Hughes? Or are things not quite that desperate for the Saints yet?

@Mindfulness, @Pep004, @MaliMisko12, @betcatalog, @sajtion, @godofhorses, @Tiffy, @waynecoyne, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @Duke_Tm, @dogmeister, @Arkadi Manucharov, @derbent, @fat, @allyhibs, @6avin24, @discipline, @the bastardian, @Bronxie, @Bett@KikoCy, @teddybear3011, @markus808, @allthethings, @Kenton Schweppes, @vasilli07, @Dylan Lynch, @neilovan, @JKos, @zemo91, @kulikTS, @mrclubbie, @Judeksi, @Henind666, @Dave1X2, @canaries91, @jazzman02, @cluelessG, and @AndreBR.