** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

EFL Cup 2nd Round Predictions > Aug 28th & 29th

eflcup.jpg

eflcup1.jpg

The EFL Cup 2nd Round is taking place next week. Sorry, but I refuse to call it the Carabao Cup... unless @Sir Puntalot tells me we've struck an affiliation deal with them! :lol Anyway, I'm actually heading to the Cardiff versus Norwich game on Tuesday so I'll get a couple of previews up for these matches with that being one of them. Not expecting a) a very good game or b) a win but still, it's the Bluebirds and a rare chance for me to attend a game so looking forward to it! Let's hear your thoughts on the betting for these games! :ok

Football Facts and Streaks regarding EFL Cup

Crystal Palace scored in last 16 away games in all competitions.
Southampton has over 2.5 goals in their last 4 away games in all competitions.

You can find interesting 51 Football Betting Streaks for 28.08.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-28-08-2018-11029

Blackburn Rovers v Lincoln City

Blackburn Rovers: Bradley Dack (3/2 m, doubtful), Adam Armstrong (3/0 f), Dominic Samuel (2/0 f), Derrick Williams (1/0 d), Jacob Davenport (0/0 m), Ben Gladwin (0/0 m)

Lincoln City: Josh Vickers (3/0 first goalkeeper, doubtful), Sam Habergham (0/0 d)

Bournemouth v Milton Keynes Dons

Bournemouth: Adam Smith (3/0 d, suspended), Junior Stanislas (0/0 m), Kyle Taylor (0/0 m)

Milton Keynes Dons: Mathieu Baudry (1/0 d, suspended), Conor McGrandles (1/0 m), Peter Pawlett (1/0 m), Osman Sow (0/0 f), Brandon Thomas-Asante (0/0 m)

Brighton v Southampton

Brighton: Lewis Dunk (2/0 d), Bruno Saltor (1/0 d, captain), Jose Izquierdo (0/0 f), Florin Andone (0/0 f)

Southampton: Pierre-Emile Højbjerg (1/0 m, suspended)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Cardiff vs Norwich

The first preview for this week's EFL Cup 2nd Round matches is a game I'm attending tonight. It's the low-key affair between Premier League side Cardiff and Championship club Norwich at the Cardiff City Stadium in a 7:45pm kick-off. It would be an under-statement if I said we were expecting a bit of a defeat tonight as Bluebirds fans!

Neither side has had the best of starts to the season. Cardiff are sat in 15th place with two draws and two clean sheets from their first three games in the Premier League. Not a bad start but the upcoming tough three fixtures of Arsenal, Chelsea, and Manchester City plus the fact the Bluebirds haven't even scored a goal yet this season dampens the spirits of the Welsh supporters.

The Canaries continue to under-achieve with a squad that really should be performing better. Daniel Farke has yet to convince me he's a decent manager in the Championship and if things don't improve soon he could soon find his job under threat. The club's current record stands at just 4 wins in the last 21 competitive games. That's simply not good enough for a team that should harbour Premier League ambitions. The fact they have sold James Maddison, Josh Murphy, Angus Gunn, and Alex Pritchard and failed to properly replace any of them has riled their fans.

I can see both teams putting their fringe players out for this one. Both teams want to see what options they have to replace the first team players in the league if things continue to plateau in league action. Cardiff will almost certainly give the likes of Gary Madine, Bobby Reid, Callum Paterson, Danny Ward, and Jazz Richards a run about. Still a solid squad but they haven't played together so the cohesion just won't be there. Neil Warnock notoriously despises the cup competitions so he won't exactly be giving them a Rudyard Kipling-inspired team talk before tonight.

My gut feeling is it'll be a poor game. Our cup matches under Warnock usually are. We might see a few goals purely because the defensive lines that could be put out won't be the strongest. I'd be surprised if we win though. The only way we will is if Norwich have a stinker. I'm going to avoid the outright because from what I've read on the Pink Un forum it seems like they're not expecting much from this game either. 0-0 draw with both teams collapsing into oblivion hence both being eliminated together? :ok

BTTS @ 1.80 with Betfair

Cardiff to Score First @ 1.73 with Coral

@Mindfulness, @Pep004, @MaliMisko12, @betcatalog, @sajtion, @godofhorses, @Tiffy, @waynecoyne, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @Duke_Tm, @dogmeister, @Arkadi Manucharov, @derbent, @fat, @allyhibs, @6avin24, @discipline, @the bastardian, @Bronxie, @Bett@KikoCy, @teddybear3011, @markus808, @allthethings, @Kenton Schweppes, @vasilli07, @Dylan Lynch, @neilovan, @JKos, @zemo91, @kulikTS, @mrclubbie, @Judeksi, @Henind666, @Dave1X2, @canaries91, @jazzman02, and @AndreBR, what bets are you guys looking at for this round of matches?

Live update from the Amex. The Harvey’s best is slipping down nicely, and the guest pie tonight is “Thai Green Curry”

Anyway, team news, and Brighton name a strong team featuring all their big summer signings, plus a couple of promising youngsters. Bernardo comes in at CH, with Sytner at LB, and u23’s making up the rest of the back 4.

Button in goal, and a strong midfield with Bassouma, Ali Reza,  Kyal & an U23 making up the midfield.  Gross & Locadia up top to smash the goals in, and the latter with a big point to prove tonight.

saints go for a strong line up too, so I’d back BTTS YES if I was a gambling man.

Over now to the Arms Park, to our Welsh correspondent @StevieDay1983 to update us on the pies at Cardiff tonight......,,,,

Lacklustre first half here folks. Game looks like it may open up a bit though in the 2nd half. Neither keeper tested much, but both teams trying to work an opening. Saints edging it at the moment.

HT 0-0, but I would say Brighton are winning it tactically!

Full Time Report

Saints late substitution won them the game. Charlie Austin coming on as a late sub getting the goal.Both teams played some nice football, but didn’t threaten much in the final third.

Brightons new signing from Lille, Bassouma, impressed the most. Very lively in midfield with lots of tricks. I’d be surprised if he didn’t start on Saturday against Fulham. Watch out for him, he looks like he will be earning rave reviews shortly.

2 hours ago, Tiffy said:

Lacklustre first half here folks. Game looks like it may open up a bit though in the 2nd half. Neither keeper tested much, but both teams trying to work an opening. Saints edging it at the moment.

HT 0-0, but I would say Brighton are winning it tactically!

Sorry, Tiffy. I was too busy watching an absolutely shambolic game between two sets of reserve teams where their reserve team was considerably more effective than ours. I was so close to backing Norwich to score first at those odds too but when I saw their line-up and ours I really felt our lads would be more dominant.

Only Manga, Camarasa, Paterson, Reid, and Ward came away with any face tonight. The other players looked like they really couldn't be arsed. Madine was an embarrassment. Tonight was clearly his chance to push for a starting spot on the weekend with Warnock openly admitting he doesn't know who his best striker is right now. How did he respond? Clueless and lazy. The worst £6 million I've ever seen spent on a player.

• StevieDay1983 changed the title to EFL Cup 2nd Round Predictions > Aug 28th & 29th

Nottingham Forest vs Newcastle

The EFL Cup 2nd Round threw up a number of shock results tonight with the likes of Burton beating Aston Villa, Norwich defeating Cardiff, and Preston winning against Leeds. In the matches tomorrow, it's the televised game between Championship side Nottingham Forest and Premier League club Newcastle in a 7:45pm kick-off at the City Ground where I feel another upset could take place.

Nottingham Forest have had an unbeaten start to the season under Aitor Karanka. Unfortunately, drawing 4 of their 5 league games so far this season means that they are in 13th place but it's an encouraging start. The 10-9 win on penalties against Bury in the EFL Cup 1st Round was also a memorable occasion that has already given the fans an endearing moment in this competition this year.

Newcastle remain in a position of disappointment. Rafa Benitez was once again not given an overly interesting budget to work with over the summer. This was a measly budget given the money raked in through sales over the summer. The club's inconsistent start to the season has also dampened the mood. The Toon Army are sat in 16th place with just 1 point from their 3 league games so far. It doesn't get any easier with Benitez's side up against Manchester City and Arsenal in their next two league matches.

This is the perfect situation for Forest to pull off a giant-killing. I would be very surprised if Benitez plays a full strength side here with the likes of Fabian Schar, Federico Fernandez, Jacob Murphy, Christian Atsu, and Yoshinori Muto likely to be given run abouts providing injury doesn't prevent them. It's still a strong line-up but they'll be lacking cohesion.

Forest are building a solid run of performances and this early in the campaign it might well benefit Karanka to field a strong side at home. A victory here could really boost squad morale and lift the home fans. The international break means the team will have a two week break after next weekend. I can Karanka possibly giving this game a real go with a full strength side.

It'll be a fascinating game. Having managed Newcastle's rivals Middlesbrough, Karanka will be the subject of abuse from the travelling fans. This is certain to add to the atmosphere and will no doubt also motivate Karanka to get one over on Newcastle. I'm backing both teams to score but I think Forest could do this.

BTTS @ 1.74 with MarathonBet

Nottingham Forest to Qualify @ 2.10 with Bet365