** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Championship Predictions > Dec 29th & 30th

champratings.jpg

Here are the latest odds and ratings for the Championship matches coming up this weekend. It's a hectic schedule so a lot to consider regarding team selections, fitness, and form. Give us your predictions for these games down below. :ok

@waynecoyne, @sajtion, @arvee, @canaries91, @Mindfulness, @betcatalog, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @CloughandTaylor, @Tiffy, @Gidds, @chris50, @PokerWolf1, @teddybear3011, @skyblues88, @allyhibs, @Icongene, @KikoCy, @willie82, @Neubs, @Papa Lazarou, @kulikTS, @Valkovets, @Pipoca, @padman, @Marek76, @silver fox, @neilovan, @HastGill1, @jazzman02, @andypaps28, @Kenton Schweppes, @rangers234, @newjack, @Kane91, @yossa6133, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @Xcout, @branskie, @Wanderer89, @Hitch, @four-leaf, @trevor8, @OppoArchitizerLady, @Power90, @THEODORE-007, @KeyserSoze1, @Ulrik, @Rey86, @freddie01, @gruja, @craigh, @BHAadam, @mrclubbie, @MrJol, and @the bastardian.

Sheffield Wednesday vs Cardiff

What better place to start this weekend's Championship games than with my very own Cardiff who travel to Hillsborough for this 3pm GMT kick-off this Sunday versus Sheffield Wednesday. I'm not going to lie, if you thought our football was boring under Neil Warnock then you really won't want to watch any games under Neil Harris. Still, he's getting the points but how long before the lack of quality starts to breed substandard results?

Sheffield Wednesday come into this game in 4th place and the Owls fans will feel secretly that a decent run of results could see them throw a spanner in the works of the automatic promotion race. Garry Monk's side saw a 6 game unbeaten run in the league come to an end on Boxing Day when they conceded twice in injury time to lose 3-2 away to Stoke. Wednesday have turned their home ground into a fortress under Monk with the club securing 4 wins and 4 draws in their 8 home league games under his management.

Cardiff fans are starting to grow discontented with the way things are going under the guidance of Harris. Some are comparing him to Russell Slade. Others are claiming he's a poor man's Warnock. I'm still undecided. I think considering he's not had a chance to change any personnel yet he's doing close to the best he can with a bang average squad. Our league position of 11th is probably where we deserve to be and being just 5 points off the play-offs is an opportunity. It's now 4 league games without a win though. Yes, the Leeds result was impressive but the home draws against Preston and Millwall were unimaginative, lacklustre, and poor in quality. We need the January transfer window now.

The Bluebirds have not done very well at Hillsborough over recent years. Our fans are still haunted by the 1-0 loss on the final day of the 2008/09 season that saw us miss out on the play-offs to Preston on goal difference. The fact we haven't beaten Wednesday in 8 league games and have only won 1 of our last 12 away matches in the league. I'd be pleasantly surprised if we got a point or even more but I think this one is Wednesday's to lose.

Sheffield Wednesday to Win @ 1.75 with Marathonbet

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.85 with Marathonbet

QPR vs Hull

The second preview from this round of Championship games is a fascinating encounter that's scheduled to take place at 3pm GMT on Sunday afternoon at Loftus Road between QPR and Hull. Only 1 point separates these two teams in the middle of the league table. I'm putting my faith in the ELO ratings for this one because it's almost too close to make a call.

QPR sit in 14th place in the table and are 7 points off the pace of the play-off positions. Mark Warburton will know his team need to start putting a string of results together in order to stay in with a chance of making the play-offs this season. Unfortunately, it's now 3 league games without a win and the lack of defensive stability is a real concern. Rangers have conceded 8 goals in their last 3 league games and have only kept one clean sheet at home in the league under Warburton. Only 1 draw has been witnessed by the Loftus Road crowds this season with 5 wins and 6 losses also being recorded by QPR at home.

Hull are just ahead of their opponents heading into this game in 13th place and 1 point better off. Grant McCann is struggling to find some consistency within his side. There have also been claims that the Tigers have become too reliant on star attacking midfielder Jarrod Bowen with the youngster having scored 14 league goals this season. He's also scored 6 goals in his last 5 league games against QPR so will be well worth an anytime scorer bet here.

I'm torn between backing the home win to go with the ELO ratings and a draw. I think I'm going to have to put my faith in the ratings simply because Hull are so inconsistent this season. QPR really need to address this leaky defence but provided they are still scoring then they always stand a chance of winning. They don't seem to have a problem finding the net at home so I think they can sneak the win here.

QPR to Win @ 2.44 with Marathonbet

Anytime Scorer: Jarrod Bowen @ 2.85 with Unibet

QPR vs Hull City

QPR

Doubtful: Liam Kelly (6/0 g), Angel Rangel (12/0 d)

Out (injuries/other): Yoann Barbet (12/0 d), Charlie Owens (0/0 m)

Suspended: -

Hull City

Doubtful: Keane Lewis-Potter (7/2 f, illness), Josh Magennis (11/3 f)

Out (injuries/other): Callum Elder (14/0 d), Norbert Balogh (1/0 f), Kevin Stewart (16/2 m), Jon Toral (6/0 m), Angus MacDonald (0/0 d)

Sheffield Wed vs Cardiff City

Sheffield Wed

Doubtful: Massimo Luongo (16/2 m), Steven Fletcher (21/12 f, top scorer, illness), Fernando Forestieri (9/1 f), Kieren Westwood (14/0 g)

Out (injuries/other): -

Cardiff City

Doubtful: Lee Peltier (23/0 d), Omar Bogle (11/1 f)

Out (injuries/other): Joe Ralls (14/5 m, top scorer), Isaac Vassell (2/1 f), Matt Connolly (0/0 d)

Suspended: Sean Morrison (16/2 d, captain)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

sheff wed v cardiff

Wednesdays last 2 games have been pretty unimpressive without centre forward steven fletcher.

If he is missing again then I think Cardiff are overpriced to beat Wednesday at around 4/1

Wednesday were poor v Bristol City but got out of jail with a very soft penalty. Against stoke they conceded 3 and it could have been 6.

Dominic Iorfa looked very shaky . I would bring in Borner at centre back and play Iorfa at right back.

Luongo may be missing through injury but Hutchinson can step back in.

Bets: Cardiff to win at 17/4 (Ladbrokes boosted), sell time of second Cardiff goal at 83 (spreadex/sporting index)

Edited by waynecoyne

11 hours ago, waynecoyne said:

sheff wed v cardiff

Wednesdays last 2 games have been pretty unimpressive without centre forward steven fletcher.

If he is missing again then I think Cardiff are overpriced to beat Wednesday at around 4/1

Wednesday were poor v Bristol City but got out of jail with a very soft penalty. Against stoke they conceded 3 and it could have been 6.

Dominic Iorfa looked very shaky . I would bring in Borner at centre back and play Iorfa at right back.

Luongo may be missing through injury but Hutchinson can step back in.

Bets: Cardiff to win at 17/4 (Ladbrokes boosted), sell time of second Cardiff goal at 83 (spreadex/sporting index)

Very happy with that (especially the spread bet) couldn't have gone much better.

I suspect fletcher will be sold in jan and that is why he is not playing .

Derby vs Charlton

The final Football League game of 2019 is coming at us on Monday night when Championship sides Charlton and Derby go head-to-head in this 7:45pm GMT clash at Pride Park. These two former Premier League clubs aren't exactly thriving with confidence at the moment as they slip towards the relegation zone. A much-needed win is required by both teams in this one.

Derby are kind of the forgotten team of the Championship. I'll openly admit, they've sort of gone under the radar and it's still bewildering how Phillip Cocu still as a job as the Rams manager. The club is languishing in 20th place and only 6 points above the bottom three. It's now 7 league games without a win and their form even before that run was inconsistent at best. Positive news for Derby fans heading into this game is that they're unbeaten in their last 7 home league games against Charlton. Unfortunately, they've failed to record a victory at home in their last 3 league games at Pride Park. Missing creative mastermind Tom Lawrence will be a big blow for Derby in this game.

Charlton were looking like potential shock play-off contenders earlier in the season. It's all been downhill since 19th October when they beat Derby 3-0 at home. The club is now in 18th place and only 7 points above the relegation spots. However, the poor run of results appears to have been stopped with the Addicks now undefeated in 3 league games and they recorded their first league win since that Derby victory in October with a dramatic 3-2 win at home to Bristol City on Boxing Day. Lee Bowyer's men haven't managed to win any of their last 8 away league games.

This is a tricky game to call but if you're looking at the form book then you have to say that Charlton just edge it. Can that win against Bristol City spur them onto a run of positive results? Derby have looked like a team short on confidence and ideas all season. The farcical scandal surrounding Richard Keogh's sacking hasn't helped and I'm not sure the club has really recovered from that fully. The bookies back a home win but I'm going to show some faith in the ELO ratings and back Charlton to get something here.

Charlton Draw No Bet @ 3.32 with Marathonbet

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.96 with Marathonbet

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Championship

Charlton conceded at least 1 goal in each of their last 12 matches in Championship.
Derby County have failed to win in their last 7 matches in Championship.
Charlton have scored 2 goals or more in each of their last 3 matches in Championship.
Charlton have conceded 2 goals or more in each of their last 3 matches in Championship.
Derby County conceded at least 1 goal in each of their last 7 matches in Championship.

You can find interesting 23 Football Betting Streaks for 30.12.2019 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-30-12-2019-17254

Millwall have scored in each of their last 18 matches in Championship.
Stoke City have scored 32% of their goals after the 75th minute in Championship.
84% of Luton Town’s matches had over 2.5 goals scored in Championship.
Wigan Athletic have failed to win in their last 13 away matches in Championship.
Reading did not concede any goal in their last 4 matches in Championship.
Luton Town conceded at least 1 goal in each of their last 13 matches in Championship.
Birmingham City have conceded 2 goals or more in each of their last 3 home matches in Championship.

You can find interesting 86 Football Betting Streaks for 01.01.2020 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-01-01-2020-17260

sheff wed v hull (new years day)

I am going to back against my own team again. Fletcher's absence is having a detrimental effect on the team as none of the other strikers can play as a target man. Borner's inclusion would help the defence but I suspect Monk will leave him on the bench again.

Bets:

hull city win and btts 7/1skybet

2 scorecasts jarrod bowen first/last scorer and hull 2-1 both 50/1 William hill

Edited by waynecoyne

Charlton conceded at least 1 goal in each of their last 12 matches in Championship.
Barnsley have scored 31% of their goals after the 75th minute in Championship.
Charlton have failed to win in their last 8 away matches in Championship.
Swansea City conceded at least 1 goal in 77% of their home matches in Championship.

You can find interesting 19 Football Betting Streaks for 02.01.2020 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-02-01-2020-17263