** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Group F Predictions > Jun 25th - Jul 2nd

In this Group I already tried one bet on Ghana - Benin game 

I took Benin +1 early one , now Benin odds became 0.75 

I think Ghana will have lots of problems in this game , they are not anymore like that dream team 

Benin as team improved lots and I saw all their games in Group stages , for sure Benin will make lots of problems for Ghana defense 

Cameroon vs Guinea-Bissau

We have a real Goliath versus David situation in the first game of Group F coming at us tomorrow evening when five-time Africa Cup of Nations winners Cameroon play minnows Guinea-Bissau in their opening game. The match kicks off at 6pm BST tomorrow evening at the Ismailia Stadium in Ismailia.

Cameroon have been a major force in African football ever since the 1980s. Clarence Seedorf is the high-profile name behind this current side. The former Netherlands international has always talked a lot of sense when doing punditry but his managerial career has been left wanting. The Indomitable Lions started quite poorly under Seedorf with the Dutchman winning just 1 of his first 5 matches in charge. However, it was enough to see them qualify for this tournament and the team is now unbeaten in their last 4 games.

Guinea-Bissau are one of the smaller nations at the tournament with a population of just 1.8 million people. Baciro Cande has a squad of unknowns that are ranked 118th in the world and making only their second appearance at this tournament. Just 1 win from their last 6 games leaves them in poor form heading into this tournament. Their squad is also lacking experience with only two squad members boasting more than 16 caps. It could be a painful experience.

I have to back Cameroon all the way here. I still think there is a decent manager inside Seedorf somewhere. His managerial record at AC Milan, Shenzhen, and Deportivo wasn't the best. This is a chance to get his managerial career back on track. Results have started to turn and if they can build momentum with a win here then who knows what will happen? I'm expecting a comfortable win over a very average Guinea-Bissau.

Cameroon -1 @ 2.88 with SpreadEx

Cameroon HT/FT @ 2.65 with Ladbrokes

Ghana vs Benin

Group F throws up an intriguing encounter at 9pm BST on Tuesday evening when four-time Africa Cup of Nations winners Ghana look to get off to a winning start in a potential banana skin against Benin at the Ismailia Stadium in Ismailia. This might not be the walkover many are expecting Ghana to get.

Ghana continue to be frequent contenders for big tournaments around the world. Despite not winning this competition since 1982 and never progressing past the Quarter-Finals at a World Cup they still possess the quality to potentially pull off such feats. James Kewsi Appiah brings a strong side to this tournament with the likes of Andre Ayew, Asamoah Gyan, and Jordan Ayew bringing a wealth of experience into the side. Two games without a win or a goal scored coming into this tournament hasn't provided the best preparation.

Benin have really improved as a nation over the past 15 years but a suspension from FIFA in 2016 has caused problems. This is their fourth appearance at this tournament since their debut back in 2004. You'll be surprised to see a few familiar names in this Benin side including Stephane Sessegnon and Steve Mounie. Three wins on the bounce has lifted the spirits of Michel Dussuyer's team so they'll feel anything is possible from this game.

It's going to be a tough opening game for Ghana. If they aren't completely switched on then Benin could get something from this game. The pressure is firmly on the Black Stars heading into this match. I'm tempted to back Benin to get something here. I just think Ghana will probably have too much for the Squirrels.

Draw (Ghana -1) @ 3.25 with Unibet

Total Goals Scored Under 1.5 @ 2.90 with BetVictor

Cameroon vs Ghana

Group F is the final group to have its second round of matches at the Africa Cup of Nations with the 6pm BST kick-off on Saturday night between current champions Cameroon and Ghana at the Ismailia Stadium in Ismailia. The Indomitable Lions can seal their place in the last 16 with victory in this game.

Cameroon have started the defence of their title well with a 2-0 win over Guinea-Bissau in their opening game. Three minutes of effectiveness with a goal each from Banana Yaya and Stephane Bahoken secured the win and it now means they need just one win from their last two matches.

Ghana were disappointingly held to a 2-2 draw against Benin. It was a game that James Kwesi Appiah will have felt his side should have won but the determined spirit of the Benin side kept pegging Ghana back. Still, a win in this game would put them in a great position to qualify so it's far from the worst thing in the world.

It seems that this is Cameroon's game to lose. Ghana were inconsistent in that draw with Benin. The clinical finishing of the Ayew brothers is a weapon they'll certainly be looking to use but Clarence Seedorf's side are in fine form having won 4 of their last 5 matches in an unbeaten run. The Black Stars are now without a win in three matches and it's a rut they seem to be struggling to get out of. You just can't rule them out completely with their fire power up top.

Cameroon Draw No Bet @ 1.91 with Sportingbet

BTTS @ 2.20 with Bet365

Benin vs Guinea-Bissau

The second game in Group F on Saturday night is between Benin and Guinea-Bissau. The action kicks off at 9pm BST from the Ismailia Stadium in Ismailia. A defeat for either side would really hurt their chances of qualifying for the last 16 but a win would give their aspirations a massive boost.

Benin defied expectations by coming back from 2-1 down to draw 2-2 with Ghana. It wasn't a result many people, including myself, saw coming. Particularly after Jordan Ayew put Ghana in front just before half-time. The result puts Michel Dussuyer's men in a brilliant position to qualify for the next round. A lot of that comes down to this game. It's a game they will fancy winning but it's far from a foregone conclusion.

Guinea-Bissau will be kicking themselves for letting 3 minutes of lapsed concentration rob them of a shock draw against the reigning champions Cameroon in their first group game. Baciro Cande will have drawn confidence from his team's general display but that defeat does add pressure on them to win this game with a daunting final match against Ghana coming up.

I felt that Benin looked a lot more willing and industrious in the opening round of group matches. I was pleasantly surprised to see them fight back against Ghana when other teams with less mental strength could have gone on to concede 1 or 2 more goals. That spirit will help them here and if you compare it to a Guinea-Bissau team that buckled for a few minutes against Cameroon I think the smart money is backing a Benin win.

Benin to Win @ 2.10 with Unibet

Benin HT/FT @ 3.60 with SpreadEx

Benin vs Cameroon

Group F comes to a conclusion later today with Benin playing Cameroon in a 5pm BST kick-off at the Ismailia Stadium in Ismailia. The reigning champions have already qualified for the last 16 thanks to results in the other groups but the fate of Benin still hangs in the balance.

Benin will be satisfied with their two draws so far. The 2-2 result against Ghana came as a shock to many and even though the 0-0 draw with Guinea-Bissau will probably not have been what Michel Dussuyer's side will have wanted it keeps them unbeaten heading into this final group game where a draw would be enough to see them qualify for the knockout phase.

Cameroon sit proudly on top of the group after a 2-0 win over Guinea-Bissau and the 0-0 draw with Ghana in their second game is nothing to be ashamed of. It means they have sealed their place in the last 16 and it gives Clarence Seedorf the chance to rest players ahead of that phase.

The Indomitable Lions have won the two previous meetings between these sides but I feel their price is too short here. Seedorf could be tempted to play fringe players and against this Benin side that could prove a mistake. Benin have shown enough about themselves so far that they could be worth a cheeky draw no bet in a low-scoring game to seal their place in the next round.

Benin Draw No Bet @ 3.00 with RedZone

Benin to Score First @ 3.02 with MarathonBet

Guinea-Bissau vs Ghana

The second game in Group F today comes from the Suez Stadium in Suez at 5pm BST where Guinea-Bissau will look to gate crash the qualification party against Ghana. Both sides could qualify yet could also still face group stage elimination so we could be in for a belter of a game here.

Guinea-Bissau will be pleased that they come into this final game with a realistic chance of reaching the second round. Baciro Cande's squad is not exactly blessed with world class talent but their 0-0 draw with Benin was a decent recovery after the opening game 2-0 loss to Cameroon. Unfortunately, they'll need all 3 points here to qualify because a draw would see them finish as one of the worst third place finishers... and that's even if Cameroon beat Benin in the group's other game.

Ghana really should have had qualification sealed by now. James Kwesi Appiah will be hurting that his side were held to a 2-2 draw against Benin and then drew 0-0 with Cameroon in an underwhelming game. A draw would be enough to qualify for the Black Stars and that takes the pressure off. They've been over-reliant on the Ayew brothers up to now so that needs to change.

It's obvious that there is a huge gulf in quality between the players of these two squads. Ghana should walk this on paper but Guinea-Bissau will go down fighting. I just think when it comes down to it, the quality of Ghana will be too much for Guinea-Bissau and they should win to seal a top two finish.

Ghana to Win to Nil @ 1.95 with Ladbrokes

Anytime Scorer: Jordan Ayew @ 2.50 with Betfred