** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Europa League Predictions > Apr 18th

i'm going to try two doubles

i thought eintracht frankfurt was the better team in portugal before they had player sent off. i see them scoring here, rebic and jovic are pretty good pair upfront and hosts can win the match. they leave themselves vulnerable at the back and afterall this is bundesliga where no team is very good defensively so they may concede

napoli was very unlucky not to get on the scoresheet against arsenal in first leg and they always play with attacking intent but also i'm quite aware that unai emery has tremendous record in europa league having led previously sevilla to three titles. arsenal rested couple of players so they are taking this competition seriously but i trust napoli manager ancelotti to find a way to get napoli on the scoresheet. napoli isn't as strong as last year but they will contest this match very closely. they may not go through but i'm willing to say they find a way to edge it something like 2-1 so...

my selection 

eintracht frankfurt and both teams to score

napoli and both teams to score

stake £50   pays £500

Madrid was very effective in Valencia, as Villarreal was the one who pushed after 1-1, but she managed to score a 3-1 win. This result put a strong foundation to qualify for the Europa League semi-finals today, as long as it looks serious and makes it self-evident. On the other side, the "yellow submarine" probably had more of a mind in the championship, where it is fighting to hold on to the big league and in this respect comes from a significant double in the home of Girona with 1-0. Anyway, he has not lost much today and will be attacking a miracle
CF VALENCIA vs CF VILLARREAL @@ +2.50 Over, odds 1.80

Napoli was not identified in the first game with Arsenal in London and he was rightly defeated by 2-0. But there is a belief in the Italian team that it can overthrow the situation against her, as long as she has a quick finish in front of her audience in the "San Paolo". Arsenal is a great force in its own right, but it has not done far away from home this season. No matter what big anticipation is expected, there may be intense emotions
SSC NAPOLI vs ARSENAL FC @@ +2.50 Over, odds 1.55

Worthy of what we expected from the Benfica match with Eindracht Frankfurt a week ago, where the Portuguese took advantage of their numerical advantage and prevailed 4-2. A score that is not so dissuasive for the German team, which has focused on today's rematch and will do everything to overturn. She has given her credentials this year and nothing can be ruled out. Of course, Benfica looks good lately and is quite likely to find a finish today in Frankfurt
EINTRACHT FRANKFURT vs SL BENFICA @@ Both team to score, odds 1.55

Chelsea vs Slavia Prague

The second legs of the Europa League Quarter-Finals are taking place tonight and we start our previews with the tie between Premier League outfit Chelsea and Czechia side Slavia Prague that is scheduled to kick-off at 8pm in Stamford Bridge with the home side holding a 1-0 aggregate lead from the first leg.

Chelsea obviously have a top four finish firmly on their minds so it could be argued that they will be taking a few precautions in this game with the one goal advantage. Star man Eden Hazard started on the bench in the first leg away so it's hard to see why Maurizio Sarri would risk starting him here when his side are at home and have a one goal lead. They can always call upon him if things aren't going to plan.

Slavia Prague have it all to do and it's no surprise the bookies are already writing them off. Jindrich Trpisovsky's side are 5 points clear at the top of their domestic league so they can afford to ply all their resources into this competition. They need a win against a Chelsea side that are undefeated in their last 14 Europa League matches.

The Czechia club also have a bit of a hoodoo when it comes to English clubs in Europe. Slavia Prague have failed to win their last 8 meetings with English sides in European competition. The last taste of victory against an English club was a win against Leeds in the 1999/2000 UEFA Cup.

The Blues could deliver a slice of English football history in Europe tonight. No club has ever won 11 matches in a single European competitive campaign before. Chelsea currently stand on 10 wins. The only two English clubs to manage that have been Newcastle in 2004/05 and Manchester United in 2002/03 and 2016/17.

Interestingly, Slavia Prague have managed to progress to the next round after overturning a first leg deficit on four occasions when it's happened 12 previous times. Unfortunately, they have gone on to be eliminated on every occasion when they lost the first leg at home.

I have to back a solid Chelsea win here. They've looked very accomplished in the Europa League this season. Sarri will be aware that winning this competition will solve the Champions League qualification issue. Looking at the teams left in the competition, they have to fancy themselves to stand a great chance. The job is 50% done here and I think they'll see it out with a narrow win.

Chelsea HT/FT @ 1.91 with Ladbrokes

Total Goals Scored Over 2.5 @ 1.78 with Betway

@delfino, @KikoCy, @giraldi, @Icongene, @dogmeister, @rangers234, @Pipoca, @Notorious, @ElPrincipito007, @KingSoccertips, @vasilli07, @betcatalog, @immortal--, @DW_United, @discipline, @WinningAdvice, @arvee, @silverfox, @FrenchEskimo, @liamcorrigan86, @ElPrincipito007, @Neubs, @TOTTI3, @Simeon Borisof, @Charon84, @Magic0024, @Xcout, @arsenalfh, @BJO, @footballeye, @gamblerxxx, @Xcout, @allyhibs, @cluelessG, @jazzman02 , @DrO, @chris50, @mtom, @canaries91, @slipkid, @Dzontra85@Marek76, @hristofor, @Philosophy2 @Hitchand @CloughandTaylor, are you all going to be betting on these matches coming up?

Napoli vs Arsenal

The next match in line for our previews is the enticing match-up between Serie A side Napoli and Premier League club Arsenal that is set to kick-off at 8pm tonight at the San Paolo Stadium. The English side hold an impressive 2-0 aggregate lead from their home first leg but can they hold onto that superiority?

Napoli have had a decent season by all accounts. Carlo Ancelotti's side are by far and away the second best team in Serie A. It's just unfortunate that Juventus are just on another level at the top of the table. In this competition, they were being touted as one of the favourites but the first leg loss to Arsenal means they have everything to do in this second leg.

Arsenal will be keen to ensure their away form doesn't hamper them here. Unai Emery's men did lay to rest the ghost of the clean sheet issue when they beat Watford 1-0 away earlier in the week. Another such performance would be a stunning result but it feels like if they want to progress then they'll need to score. That would mean Napoli would have to score at least 4 goals to qualify for the next round.

These two clubs have only met once before at Napoli's home ground. It was back in the 2013/14 group stage of the Champions League and it was Napoli that prevailed as 2-0 winners. That score-line would be enough to take this tie to extra-time and you'd have to fancy the Italian side to go on and win it from there. I'm just sceptical Napoli can keep this Arsenal attack at bay for 90 minutes.

The issue for Napoli here is that they don't have a great track record of dealing with first leg deficits. The Italian side have failed to progress on the last 8 occasions that they have lost the first leg of a European competitive knock-out match. The last time they overturned a first leg deficit to progress was back in the 1988/89 UEFA Cup Quarter-Finals when they lost the first leg 2-0 to Juventus but then won the second leg 3-0.

If they're going to upset their recent history of first leg deficits being turned around then they must do it against the King of the Europa League. Emery has won an incredible 25 matches in the knock-out stages of this competition. No other manager in the game comes close to that record. That's why I'm backing Arsenal to get the job done.

BTTS @ 1.61 with Bet365

Anytime Scorer: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang @ 3.00 with Betway

On 4/17/2019 at 9:02 PM, sajtion said:

i'm going to try two doubles

i thought eintracht frankfurt was the better team in portugal before they had player sent off. i see them scoring here, rebic and jovic are pretty good pair upfront and hosts can win the match. they leave themselves vulnerable at the back and afterall this is bundesliga where no team is very good defensively so they may concede

napoli was very unlucky not to get on the scoresheet against arsenal in first leg and they always play with attacking intent but also i'm quite aware that unai emery has tremendous record in europa league having led previously sevilla to three titles. arsenal rested couple of players so they are taking this competition seriously but i trust napoli manager ancelotti to find a way to get napoli on the scoresheet. napoli isn't as strong as last year but they will contest this match very closely. they may not go through but i'm willing to say they find a way to edge it something like 2-1 so...

my selection 

eintracht frankfurt and both teams to score

napoli and both teams to score

stake £50   pays £500

well napoli should have scored, had most of the ball but arsenal scored first and just sat back behind the ball

benfica hit the post but glad eintracht frankfurt went through

better luck next time eh...