** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Championship Predictions > Sep 13th - 15th

• 2 weeks later...

Derby vs Cardiff

We're back from the international break and my Cardiff side are thrust straight into the thick of it in a 7:45pm BST kick-off against Derby at Pride Park on Friday night. The match is set to be shown live on TV so there's no place to hide after an inconsistent start for both teams. A win or defeat here could be the difference between going on a run of good or poor results. It's an important clash.

Derby are sitting in 19th place in the league table having not endured the best of starts to the season under the stewardship of Phillip Cocu. The Dutchman has seen his team win just 1 league game with 3 draws and 2 defeats. It means the Rams are hovering just 2 points above the relegation zone and concerns are already being expressed by their fans after this dubious start to the campaign. The most worrying issue is that that solitary victory came on the opening weekend. It's now 5 league games without a win.

Cardiff haven't had the best of starts to the new season either. Neil Warnock's side are in 13th place with 2 wins, 2 draws, and 2 losses from their matches so far. Losing two of their first three league games put the Bluebirds on the back foot but it's now three league games unbeaten as Warnock begins to get more of a feeling about what his best starting XI is for this season.

The interesting statistic this season is that the home team haven't won at home coming into this game and the away team haven't tasted victory on the road yet. The untrained eye might tell you that this has a draw written all over it but I am quietly optimistic that we can take all 3 points here. Nothing about Derby has impressed me this season and we looked so much better away to Blackburn than we did away to Wigan and Reading. I'm foolishly backing an away victory here.

Cardiff to Win @ 2.90 with Boylesports

Total Goals Scored Over 2.5 @ 1.85 with Marathonbet

@waynecoyne, @sajtion, @arvee, @canaries91, @Mindfulness, @betcatalog, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @CloughandTaylor, @Tiffy, @Gidds, @chris50, @PokerWolf1, @teddybear3011, @skyblues88, @allyhibs, @Icongene, @KikoCy, @willie82, @Neubs, @Papa Lazarou, @kulikTS, @Valkovets, @Pipoca, @padman, @Marek76, @silver fox, @neilovan, @HastGill1, @jazzman02, @andypaps28, @Kenton Schweppes, @rangers234, @newjack, @Kane91, @yossa6133, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @Xcout, @branskie, @Wanderer89, @Hitch, @four-leaf, @trevor8, @OppoArchitizerLady, @Power90, @THEODORE-007, @KeyserSoze1, @Ulrik, @Rey86, and @the bastardian.

Derby County vs Cardiff City

Derby County

Doubtful: Mason Bennett (4/0 f)

Out (injuries/other): George Evans (4/0 m), Lee Buchanan (2/0 d), Jayden Bogle (2/0 d), Ikechi Anya (0/0 m), Andre Wisdom (0/0 d), Craig Forsyth (0/0 d), George Thorne (0/0 m)

Suspended: -

Cardiff City

Doubtful: Marlon Pack (2/0 m), Leandro Bacuna (5/0 m), Junior Hoilett (5/1 f, personal reasons), Neil Etheridge (1/0 first goalkeeper)

Out (injuries/other): Jazz Richards (0/0 d), Matthew Connolly (0/0 d), Sol Bamba (0/0 d), Danny Ward (0/0 f)

Suspended: -

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

I have big sympathy to Wales teams but Cardiff right now don`t give me something to risk on her. From the other side we have Rams gave too hard matches until now and for me with good results if we keep in mind that the teams were unprepared so far and that they will have their own game from now. Sorry steve. Home win for me.

Can Brentford break the defense style of Preston..?????  Break Middlesbrough`s and lost with Charlon and Leeds with one goal. Have the experience and if i see right i wait a belly in the performance of the home team.

For Forest speak at the main tricky trees post.

JPG.jpg.67949e9259546c196eac689fb8c555fc.jpg

Edited by THEODORE-007

Charlton vs Birmingham

A few matches stood out this weekend in the Championship but after much deliberation the one I've decided to pick for my second preview is this intriguing clash between second placed Charlton and an inconsistent Birmingham side in a 3pm BST kick-off at The Valley on Saturday afternoon. Can the second tier new boys continue their fine start to the season?

Charlton are looking like a very accomplished side under Lee Bowyer. The feel-good factor is still strong around the club and not only are the points being stacked up early doors but the performances are coming with those wins too. The Addicks are currently just 2 points off the pace of the league leaders Swansea and remain undefeated in the league so far this season.

Birmingham can still be considered an unknown quantity given their start to the season. The Blues are sitting in 9th place in the table and only goal difference keeps them outside the play-off positions. 3 wins, 1 draw, and 2 defeats shows they can't put a string of victories together. Their away form of 1 win and 2 losses is a concern. If that home form starts to dip as well then Pep Clotet's side could start dropping down the table.

It's been three years since these two sides last met and on that occasion it was Charlton who bagged a 2-1 win. Birmingham haven't tasted victory at The Valley since 8th February, 2014. I feel that wait might go on. Charlton look so defensively sound at the moment with two clean sheets on the bounce and just one goal conceded in over 312 minutes of league football. I can see another solid showing for the home side resulting in a narrow win.

Charlton to Win @ 2.30 with Bet365

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.75 with Marathonbet

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Championship

Swansea have won 82% of their last 11 home matches in Championship.
There have been under 2.5 goals scored in 86% of Millwall’s last 14 games in Championship.

You can find interesting 53 Football Betting Streaks for 14.09.2019 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-14-09-2019-15549

Huddersfield vs Sheffield Wednesday

A Yorkshire Derby that had enough hype surrounding it has now been given even more attention with Huddersfield versus Sheffield Wednesday from the John Smith's Stadium at 12:30pm BST on Sunday afternoon boasting two new managers beginning their reigns at their new clubs. Which of these two sides will come out victorious and give their new man in charge the dream start?

Huddersfield are already in a relegation dog fight according to new manager Danny Cowley. The former Lincoln City gaffer has taken charge at the struggling Premier League rejects. The Terriers are sitting in 23rd place and already 4 points adrift of safety after just 6 league matches. It's a mammoth task for Cowley as he comes in but if his success at the Imps is anything to go by then Huddersfield could have made a very shrewd appointment.

Sheffield Wednesday started the season well under caretaker manager Lee Bullen with back-to-back victories. It's all gone a bit downhill since then with 3 defeats in their last 4 league matches. Garry Monk is the man chosen to turn their bad run around. Monk had decent success at Swansea consolidating their place in the Premier League but he's struggled to hold a managerial role down since then despite having impressive win ratios at Leeds and Middlesbrough as well as being a fans' favourite at Birmingham before being relieved of his duties.

Both of these sides are not exactly in the place they'd like to be right now. Huddersfield are close to calling it a state of emergency. We've seen many teams suffer a double relegation before such as Leeds, Wolves, Manchester City, and Portsmouth have dropped down from the Premier League and then quickly into the third tier. It could well happen. I'm not sure either manager will have an immediate impact to a full extent straight away but I'm expecting them to show improvement on recent weeks. I'm going to have to back a score draw and I don't think either manager will be disappointed with that.

Draw @ 3.40 with BetVictor

BTTS @ 1.89 with Marathonbet

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Championship

Leeds have won their last 4 away matches in Championship.
Huddersfield have lost their last 4 matches in Championship.
Leeds have won with at least a 2 goal margin in their last 3 away matches in Championship.

You can find interesting 42 Football Betting Streaks for 15.09.2019 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-15-09-2019-15569

Huddersfield v wednesday

Iorfa plays cb in place of the injured lees. He is a full back and whilst tall I think Wednesday could be vulnerable at set pieces.

Apart from Hutchinson borner iorfa and fletcher there is a lack of height in the team.

I will try a buy of Christopher schindler goal minutes at 2 for Huddersfield (spreadex)