Premier League Predictions > Mar 17th

eplratings.jpg

It's a reduced schedule in the Premier League this weekend with the FA Cup Quarter-Finals coming up. No real stand-out fixtures due that but there's still some value if we can hunt it down. Give us your thoughts here. Going to need all the in-depth analysis we can get with these ones. I'll look to get some previews up later this week. :ok

Surely a must win game for Stoke and Everton could be just the team to get them a win as they look all over the place, especially away from home. Stoke don't look world beaters by any stretch, but this is a game they simply have to win and I think they'll do just that against an Everton team in disarray. 

If Stoke produce a similar performance as they did against Man City, it should be good enough to get a much needed 3 points.

Stoke win @ 2.50 BetVictor 

Bournemouth vs West Brom

The reduced fixture schedule in the Premier League due to the FA Cup this week means we have an interesting mix of games to preview this weekend. We start with the match that is a clash of epic proportions (maybe slightly exaggerated!) when mid-table Bournemouth welcome bottom-placed West Brom to the Vitality Stadium.

If this game had been played a few weeks ago then there would be no doubt about the winner with Eddie Howe's side experiencing a run of fine form and Alan Pardew's Baggies struggling to even get a shot on goal let alone threaten to take any points. However, Bournemouth are now without a win in four league games but West Brom remain on a dreadful run of defeats that now stretches 7 games in all competitions.

Despite their poor run of recent poor results, Bournemouth are still generally enjoying a purple patch over an extended period. Their last 11 league games have seen them win 4, draw 5, and lose just 2. They are sat in 12th place and just 6 points above the relegation zone but they should be safe from the drop provided results don't continue to deteriorate. This game has come along at the perfect time for them.

West Brom are in quite the predicament. They are in 20th place in the Premier League and 8 points adrift of safety with just 8 games remaining. They need to win three games just to catch up with the rest of the pack. That would then give them 5 games to save their top flight lives... and that's not even taking into account their rivals winning too. It's bleak and relegation seems an almost foregone conclusion. They started brightly against Leicester but it only took one goal to break their spirits. If Bournemouth score first then the same will happen here. I don't think the Baggies defence is strong enough to keep Bournemouth's attack at bay. This is a must-win game for Pardew's side so I expect them to attack. That should encourage an open game with a few goals.

Bournemouth to win @ 1.90 with BetVictor

BTTS @ 1.80 with Bet365

@Mindfulness, @Pep004, @MaliMisko12, @betcatalog, @sajtion, @godofhorses, @Tiffy, @waynecoyne, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @Duke_Tm, @dogmeister, @Arkadi Manucharov, @derbent, @fat, @allyhibs, @6avin24, @discipline, @the bastardian, @Bronxie, @Bett@KikoCy, @teddybear3011, @markus808, @allthethings, @Kenton Schweppes, @vasilli07, @Dylan Lynch, @neilovan, @JKos, @zemo91, @jamiedavies02, @kulikTS, @mrclubbie, @Judeksi, and @AndreBR, what bets are you guys looking to slam down for these matches?

Stoke City v Everton FC

Stoke City: Mame Biram Diouf (28/5 f, 2nd top scorer), Stephen Ireland (1/0 m)(both doubtful), Lee Grant (3/0 g)

Everton FC: Ashley Williams (24/1 d, suspended), Gylfi Sigurðsson (27/4 m), Eliaquim Mangala (2/0 d), James McCarthy (4/0 m), Maarten Stekelenburg (0/0 g)

Liverpool FC v Watford FC

Liverpool FC: Nathaniel Clyne (0/0 d), Ben Woodburn (0/0 f)

Watford FC: Gerard Deulofeu (4/1 f), Jerome Sinclair (3/0 f), Tom Cleverley (23/1 m), Nathaniel Chalobah (5/0 m), Younes Kaboul (2/0 d), Molla Wague (6/1 d), Tommie Hoban (0/0 d), Christian Kabasele (24/2 d)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Huddersfield vs Crystal Palace

My second preview in this weekend of limited Premier League action is Huddersfield against Crystal Palace. It's a coming together of two relegation battlers who are going through patches of form that are exactly the reason they are not further up the table. It's a crucial game that could have a massive impact on both of their survival hopes.

Huddersfield are currently in 15th place but only 4 points above the relegation zone. Funnily enough, it is Crystal Palace that fill that last relegation spot right now in 18th place. Roy Hodgson's men are just 1 point from safety but the alarm bells are starting to ring.

David Wagner's men come into this game with just 1 defeat in their last 4 league matches. That is a run that put an end to their torrid sequence of 5 straight defeats in the league. One worrying issue for the Terriers is the fact they have failed to score in more than 214 minutes of Premier League football. It is not helped by the statistic that they have scored just 15 goals in 15 games at home this season. The flip side is that Palace have only scored 10 goals in 15 games on the road.

The Eagles are drifting towards a desperate situation. It is now 7 league games without a win for the London club. It is 5 away matches without a win. That statistic might be slightly unfair based on the fact that their recent matches have included Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester United, and Tottenham. It still leaves the pressure on with 8 league games remaining.

I'm not expecting a classic here. I think, ultimately, both teams would probably reluctantly accept a point. Palace will certainly feel West Brom are gone. That leaves two relegation spots realistically remaining. Southampton are in free fall, Stoke have not impressed under Paul Lambert. Then there's half a dozen teams above those sides that could get dragged into it. Winning the home games and getting anything away from home will see Palace safe. A point tomorrow would be a start. I'm favouring a draw but it'll be a dour occasion with both teams nervous and over-cautious. Losing is simply not an option.

Draw @ 3.20 with Bet365

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.67 with SunBets

Liverpool vs Watford

The opening day of the 2017/18 Premier League season seems a lifetime ago now. It was on that balmy day (I can't even remember if it was sunny or not!) in August that Watford held Liverpool to a thrilling 3-3 draw at Vicarage Road. So much has changed since then.

Liverpool are now in 4th place and 4 points clear of Chelsea in the place behind them. The prospect of Champions League football next season gets stronger with every passing week. The club remains in the Champions League this season too. It's been a brilliant campaign for Jurgen Klopp's side so far.

Watford have endured a bit more of a turbulent season. Marco Silva was manager that day in August. He was sacked in January when the club felt he had his head turned by Everton over their vacant managerial role at the time. Javi Gracia replaced Silva and it's been relatively steady progress since he was appointed. The Hornets are in 10th place on 36 points. Safety this season is all but confirmed. The prospect of European qualification is almost zero. This season is practically done for Watford.

The Reds have had a cracking season at Anfield. 9 wins and 6 draws with no defeats is their record at home in the league. They have also only conceded 10 goals in those 15 matches. It's a formidable record. However, you look at some of the teams they have failed to beat at home. Burnley, Everton, and West Brom. The issue remains that Klopp struggles to break down sides that come to Anfield to defend.

I'm not sure what approach Watford will adopt. I think they might feel they can catch Liverpool out at home. Their players will be confident they can go toe-to-toe with them again. I think Klopp will be keen to see his team bounce back after the loss to Manchester United. Klopp has never lost consecutive league games as Liverpool manager. A solid win for the home team here with a lot of goals again.

Liverpool -1 @ 1.53 with Sportingbet

Liverpool HT/FT @ 1.67 with Coral

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Premier League

Crystal Palace have lost their last 4 matches in Premier League.
West Brom have failed to win their last 14 away games in Premier League.
Crystal Palace conceded at least 1 goal in each of their last 7 matches in Premier League.
Liverpool are undefeated in their last 17 home games in Premier League.
Crystal Palace have scored 36% of their goals after the 75th minute in Premier League.

You can find interesting 94 Football Betting Streaks for 17.03.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-17-03-2018-8859

18 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Draw @ 3.20 with Bet365

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.67 with SunBets

Maybe try 1-1 @ 6 with bet365, or even 0-0 @6 and 1-1 @ 8 together. It's bit higer still than the 3.20.

Can anyone point me to a calculator or a formula how to calculate the combined odds return of the above bet, I think I might have a brain damage from german weissbeer :) (8+6)/2? This calculation assumes that the likelihood of both outcomes is the same, which is not true, if we think it were we should adjust our betting and bet less on higher odds and more on lower.

Edited by markus808