** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Premier League Predictions > Apr 14th - 19th

eplratings.jpg

It's a bumper week of action in the Premier League for the next round of games. A number of catch-up matches are being played in midweek but there's not quite enough to warrant their own thread. So I'm jamming them into a single thread meaning we can keep the prediction chat fluent! Study the odds and ratings listed above then give us your thoughts on what tips you have in mind for these matches. :ok

Tottenham vs Manchester City

It is a huge Premier League clash in the 7:45pm kick-off this Saturday night at Wembley when 4th placed Tottenham look to consolidate their spot in the top four against league leaders Manchester City who could take on step closer to sealing the title if they take all three points here.

The last time these two sides met it was a compelling game with Manchester City prevailing as 4-1 victors at the Etihad Stadium. It hadn't been as one-sided as the score-line suggests with City scoring three of their four goals in the last 20 minutes. However, it did show that they could punish even the most solid of defences.

My feeling is that it could be another victory for City here. Some teams struggle against other sides when it comes to playing styles and I certainly think that is the case with Mauricio Pochettino's Tottenham against Pep Guardiola's Manchester City. Tottenham don't have the set-up to deal with such a possession-based game.

Yes, City have had a rough couple of weeks with the exit from the Champions League and the derby loss to Manchester United. I fully expect them to get back to winning ways here. Tottenham have only lost once at Wembley in the league so it won't be easy. Tottenham also haven't lost in the league since that defeat to City.

I'm expecting goals here. Tottenham are in a far better period of confidence than they were when they last played City. City are also suffering a bit at the moment. Form is temporary and class is permanent though. I just look at whether I'd be more comfortable backing Tottenham or Manchester City here and every time my choice is City.

Manchester City to win @ 2.70 with Betfred

Total Goals Scored Over 2.5 @ 1.69 with 188Bet

@Mindfulness, @Pep004, @MaliMisko12, @betcatalog, @sajtion, @godofhorses, @Tiffy, @waynecoyne, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @Duke_Tm, @dogmeister, @Arkadi Manucharov, @derbent, @fat, @allyhibs, @6avin24, @discipline, @the bastardian, @Bronxie, @Bett@KikoCy, @teddybear3011, @markus808, @allthethings, @Kenton Schweppes, @vasilli07, @Dylan Lynch, @neilovan, @JKos, @zemo91, @jamiedavies02, @kulikTS, @mrclubbie, @Judeksi, @Henind666, @Dave1X2, and @AndreBR, what are your thoughts on this huge game? Am I bottling backing over 3.5 goals scored? Or am I being sensible? What other bets are out there for this weekend's Premier League games?

crystal palace has got to be bet of the day. their recent results undermine them somewhat but they competed well against liverpool, chelsea, manchester, tottenham and its not difficult to imagine them finally getting deserved three points.

i am tempted to try salah hat trick. bournemouth always start slow and fight their way back but i can't see them coming back into this match. it should be all over for them by half time.

i'm unsure about burnley vs leicester. it could be tight game and burnley would probably take a draw or 1-0 win but with players like vardy and mahrez who can create and score from anywhere, it's difficult call

i can't see man city securing their title yet. tottenham is very well drilled team under pochettino who will know how to expose their frail backline.

i am inclined to give swansea the nod against everton although that disappointing draw against west brom last week is making me think twice. everton season is pretty much over but are always worth a goal so its difficult call

i think newcastle will beat arsenal. i just think all the travelling in europa league is finally going to catch up with them and newcastle more energy about now that they have secured survival and can play with freedom

Southampton v Chelsea FC

Southampton: Jack Stephens (20/2 d, suspended), Sam McQueen (5/0 d), Steven Davis (22/3 m)

Chelsea FC: Davide Zappacosta (18/1 d), Ross Barkley (1/0 m)(both doubtful), David Luiz (10/1 d), Ethan Ampadu (1/0 d)

Burnley FC v Leicester City

Burnley FC: Georges-Kevin N'koudou (6/0 m, doubtful), Ben Mee (29/0 d), Steven Defour (24/1 m), Jonathan Walters (3/0 f), Robbie Brady (15/1 m), Scott Arfield (18/2 m)

Leicester City: Wilfred Ndidi (31/0 m, suspended), Vicente Iborra (17/3 m), Daniel Amartey (8/0 m), Matthew James (13/0 m)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Premier League

Swansea City have won their last 4 home matches in Premier League.
Tottenham have won their last 6 games in Premier League.
Watford have failed to score in their last 5 away games in Premier League.
Liverpool are undefeated in their last 18 home games in Premier League.
Man City have won with at least a 2 goal margin in their last 3 away games in Premier League.

You can find interesting 112 Football Betting Streaks for 14.04.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-14-04-2018-9184

Swanseas last 5 home games WWWWL, Evertons last 5 away games WLLLL. I'm going to go with Swansea here. Everton has only won twice away this season. So I will go heavy on Swansea win, odds look good to me. Swansea  to win @ 2.54 with bet365

Edited by markus808

Southampton vs Chelsea I see value on draw. Southamptons home form against top 4 -11 clubs is 1W 3D 2L. Chelsea being out of form lately although facing tough opponents has not shown anything spectacular. Southampton desperately needs points to avoid relegation. Southampton vs Chelsea X @ 3.75 with betsafe

Edited by markus808

Arsenal have lost their last 4 away games in Premier League.
West Brom have failed to win their last 15 away games in Premier League.
Arsenal have scored 2 goals or more in each of their last 3 matches in Premier League.
Manchester Utd have won their last 5 matches in Premier League.
Manchester Utd have scored 2 goals or more in each of their last 5 home matches in Premier League.

You can find interesting 103 Football Betting Streaks for 15.04.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-15-04-2018-9187

Manchester United vs West Brom

It is hardly a classic Super Sunday coming up this weekend. Newcastle versus Arsenal might be the more interesting game but I'm shunning it was Manchester United versus West Brom simply because I think this one is easier to call. Even though watching it might bore you to sleep.

Jose Mourinho's side are in 2nd place and they must win to avoid handing their local rivals Manchester City the title. A top four finish is realistically secure as the Red Devils begin to wind their season down. Is it a case of players now playing for their contracts next season? Or will Mourinho even be the manager at the helm at Old Trafford next season? It's a fair bit of uncertainty that can cast doubt on the outcome of their final few games.

Darren Moore has been given the unenviable task of guiding the Baggies through what is certain to be their final days in the Premier League for at least another year. His team will be all but relegated if they lose here. Even a win will mean they are still 9 points from safety with just 5 games to play. Unfortunately, it seems the writing is on the wall. At least it appears that the team has more fight under Moore than they had under Alan Pardew.

Still, there is hope for West Brom. They have earned two victories at Old Trafford since the retirement of Sir Alex Ferguson. They have also not lost both league games against United since the 2011/12 season. However, United have not lost at home to a team that is bottom of the Premier League table since their 3-2 defeat at home against Blackburn back on 31st December, 2011.

I'm seeing sense here. A vintage Mourinho performance where the life is choked out of the opposition and the win with a clean sheet is secured. I have always been a fan of Moore as a player and given time I think he'd be a decent manager. Sadly, he's working with a broken squad and he needs more experience in the big chair before we can consider him a manager likely of turning their fortunes around.

Manchester United to win to nil @ 1.78 with BetVictor

Manchester United HT/FT @ 1.73 with Ladbrokes

Stoke City have failed to win in their last 9 matches in Premier League.
30% of Stoke City's points have been earned away in Premier League.
There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Stoke's last 3 games in Premier League.
Stoke have lost their last 4 games in Premier League.
Stoke have conceded at least 2 goals in their last 4 games in Premier League.

You can find interesting 59 Football Betting Streaks for 16.04.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-16-04-2018-9204

Tottenham have won their last 4 games against Brighton in all competitions.
Brighton & Hove conceded at least one goal in each of their last 12 matches in Premier League.
Brighton & Hove conceded at least one goal in each of their last 7 home matches in Premier League.
Tottenham have scored in each of their last 21 matches in Premier League.
Tottenham have scored 2 goals or more in each of their last 3 away matches in Premier League.

You can find interesting 70 Football Betting Streaks for 17.04.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-17-04-2018-9216

Bournemouth conceded at least one goal in each of their last 11 home matches in Premier League.
Bournemouth have conceded 2 goals or more in each of their last 3 matches in Premier League.
Bournemouth have scored 32% of their goals after the 75th minute in Premier League.
Manchester Utd have scored in 75% of their away matches in Premier League.
There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Bournemouth's last 9 home games in Premier League.

You can find interesting 82 Football Betting Streaks for 18.04.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-18-04-2018-9255

Burnley has one of the best defenses with 29 goals in 33 games. had 12 out of 16 under 2.5 home games. The two teams are motivated by the European exit and have no room for losses, I expect a closed match with a few goals, where the two teams will be very careful, and Burnley makes small scoring
BURNLEY FC vs CHELSEA FC @@ +2.50 Under, odds 1.70

Leicester City have scored in each of their last 10 matches in Premier League.
Chelsea have scored in 81% of their away matches in Premier League.
There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Southampton's last 4 games in Premier League.
Burnley have won with a 1 goal margin in their last 3 games in Premier League.
Burnley have won their last 5 games in Premier League.

You can find interesting 68 Football Betting Streaks for 19.04.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-19-04-2018-9258

Burnley vs Chelsea

The final preview of this extended week of games covers the Burnley versus Chelsea game taking place at Turf Moor tonight in a 7:45pm kick-off. The visitors will be hoping to gain revenge on the home team that took all three points in a shock win at Stamford Bridge on the opening day of the season.

Sean Dyche's men are set to name an unchanged side for this game with Antonio Conte likely to rotate his squad with one eye on the FA Cup Semi-Final match with Southampton this weekend. Throw in the mix the contrasting forms of these two sides and the value on a Burnley win seems too tempting to avoid.

Burnley have won 5 league games on the bounce in a run that has seen them move into 7th place. A win tonight would put them 6 points ahead of 8th placed Leicester with 7 games to play. Interestingly, 7th place is likely to be enough to qualify for the Europa League next season which would be a fantastic achievement for the Clarets. Chelsea have only won 2 of their last 6 league matches. The Blues have also lost 3 of their last 4 away games. 

It might be worth backing BTTS here because Chelsea have scored in all seven meetings with Burnley in the Premier League. Burnley have also scored at least two goals in each of their last 5 league matches. I think at the very least the home side should be backed as a double chance. This is the exact sort of game where Burnley upset the odds and is a major reason why they are exceeding expectations this season. If you're feeling more courageous than I am then back Burnley for the win! Chris Wood has also scored 5 goals in his last 5 games so backing him as an anytime scorer might be worth a small wager.

Burnley Double Chance @ 1.95 with BetStars

BTTS @ 1.96 with Unibet

16 minutes ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Burnley vs Chelsea

The final preview of this extended week of games covers the Burnley versus Chelsea game taking place at Turf Moor tonight in a 7:45pm kick-off. The visitors will be hoping to gain revenge on the home team that took all three points in a shock win at Stamford Bridge on the opening day of the season.

Sean Dyche's men are set to name an unchanged side for this game with Antonio Conte likely to rotate his squad with one eye on the FA Cup Semi-Final match with Southampton this weekend. Throw in the mix the contrasting forms of these two sides and the value on a Burnley win seems too tempting to avoid.

Burnley have won 5 league games on the bounce in a run that has seen them move into 7th place. A win tonight would put them 6 points ahead of 8th placed Leicester with 7 games to play. Interestingly, 7th place is likely to be enough to qualify for the Europa League next season which would be a fantastic achievement for the Clarets. Chelsea have only won 2 of their last 6 league matches. The Blues have also lost 3 of their last 4 away games. 

It might be worth backing BTTS here because Chelsea have scored in all seven meetings with Burnley in the Premier League. Burnley have also scored at least two goals in each of their last 5 league matches. I think at the very least the home side should be backed as a double chance. This is the exact sort of game where Burnley upset the odds and is a major reason why they are exceeding expectations this season. If you're feeling more courageous than I am then back Burnley for the win! Chris Wood has also scored 5 goals in his last 5 games so backing him as an anytime scorer might be worth a small wager.

Burnley Double Chance @ 1.95 with BetStars

BTTS @ 1.96 with Unibet

Yeah I agree with your proposal,because Chelsea this year play desperately,one of reasons is transfer troubles where board of Chelsea Football Club didnt get players who Conte wants.Next reason why I agree with you is defense,I mean on Gary Cahill who plays the most worst season in Chelsea,his positioning and his reaction in some moments are on level U23 Premier League.Next reason why I agree with you is they attacking options.Morata after game against Arsenal in cup match(I dont know which stage of cup but after that match,I get impresion that he doesnt know who to score goal.In other side Burnley looks this season so discipline,I mean on his defense.They dont have some good names but they play together and that is reason why are they so good.Last season no one knows who is James Tarowski,because Ben Mee and Michael Keane play solid,but this season he explode and with reason he got call for World Cup.I watch also Kevin Long last match against Leicester City and from man who is substitution play where well.Lets talk know about their attacking options,especially Cris Wood. I have not seen the player in PL since Berbatov who have sense of space(I hope you will understand me) for this main reason I think that Burnley take all 3 point tonight this night so good luck to all of us.

I wouldn’t put a dime on Burnley. Their great run against top sides was on away, and mostly early in the season. That tells me that they were underestimated. At home against top sides, where the home crowd cheer for the team to push forward? They’ve lost all but one, and they were massively outplayed in their draw against City.

Further, it is typical in the Premier that home dogs do their damage early on. Last month of the season it is very rare for a top team to slip up when they have a winnable match. That is true even of Arsenal, though I might be convinced to take Burnley in their match at Arsenal on May 6, depending on the odds.

Edited by allthethings