UK Football Predictions > Sep 8th & 9th

champratings.jpg

league1ratings.jpg

league2ratings.jpg

splratings.jpg

scotschampratings.jpg

The action continues across the UK this coming weekend and we welcome back the Championship and SPL after a week off due to the international break. A lot of fascinating games coming up. We are starting to get a better picture of how the league tables could finish and which teams are worth backing (and avoiding!) at this early stage of the season.

@DW_United@sajtion, @MrToffee, @Mindfulness, @Sir Puntalot, @betcatalog, @AndreBR, @mrclubbie, @neilovan, @Judeksi, @KikoCy, @Bett, @zemo91, @sm0kez, @Bronxie, @Duuc, @Dylan Lynch@Tiffy, @WinningAdvice@Kenton Schweppes@canaries91, @CloughandTaylor, @rangers234, @skyblues88, @allyhibs, @salmonman, @allthethings, @Icongene, @Tanktop, @waynecoyne, @kulikTS, @KingSoccertips, @Pipoca, @Neubs, @silver fox, @luizcknc, @WiggoBets, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @myleftfoot, @willie82, @Bobby Vegas, @JJG, @Xtc12, and @MuineBheag, let's be having your tips!!!

i am going to try two accumulators for nice load of cash

first

tottenham, west brom, chelsea, aston villa, fulham, leeds, norwich, scnuthorpe, charlton, barnet

stake £10 returns £12.000

second

tottenham, chelsea, reading, plymouth, oxford, luton, stevenage, mansfield, crewe, colchester

good luck

Derby vs Hull

Two clubs that I would certainly expect to be around the top half and probably flirting with the play offs come the end of the season. Both clubs, after 5 games, sit on 7 points – Derby with a goal difference of -2 and Hull’s +5. The reason for the big difference has been Hull’s ability to score goals. I don’t think there will be an awful lot between these two teams so it’s Hull’s ability, so far, to score goals that makes me fancy them more at 4.2 rather than 2.02 for Derby, who I think are far too short.

3pts Hull to win @ 4.2 (Marathon Bet)

tough game for northampton despite hasselbaink coming in as manager. he might lift the team but facing doncaster who i think have a lot of pace in the team will be difficult to prevent scoring. when hasselbaink managed burton he was never known for scoring many goals. i'm expecting a tight defensive game 

There’s quite a lot I like the look of this weekend in the EFL so will try and narrow my bets down later tonight. I’ll start with Championship and will try and add my comments on the other divisions if I get time.

Just one win so far, in five games, and 12 goals conceded has meant it’s not been the easiest of starts for Daniel Farke at Norwich. It can only be the fact that they are playing Birmingham that they are 1.91 to win this one. Birmingham’s performances have probably been a bit better than their results though and they will be thinking they could have had a few more points on the board. They’ve made a few new singings including the impressive Jota from Brentford and with Redknapp in charge I like the look of them at 4.5 with Bet365.

QPR have had tough fixtures so far and have pitted themselves well taking 7 points from their 5 games. Ipswich stormed out of the blocks winning 4 of their first 5 games. They had their pants pulled down last time out against Fulham but have goals in them. They’re currently carrying a few injuries but I like them at odds of 4.2 with Bet365.

Bolton are winless in 5 games and in truth, probably haven’t deserved much better. Early season favourites Middlesbrough haven’t had everything their own way so far but should have too much for Bolton here. I don’t think I like them quite as short away from home so may leave them at a best price of 2.1 with BetVictor.

Wolves have impressed so far this season and good wins against Middlesbrough, Derby, Hull (and Southampton in the cup) have seen them storm up the table. I’d probably expect them to continue the good form in front of their home fans. Opponents Millwall have only had 1 win so far (an impressive 4-0 win vs Norwich) but this disguises the fact that performances have been good. They should probably have more points on the board and I’ll watch this one with interest for future betting opportunities on them.

Final potential one for me in the Championship sees the impressive attacking talent of Sheffield Wednesday take on Nottm Forest in the late kick off. Despite an embarrassment of riches up front, they haven’t scored more than once in any of their five games. This will no doubt change here against a Forest outfit whose performances probably haven’t been as good as their 3 wins would probably suggest. Despite this though, Forest are 4.85 to win this one with Marathon Bet and I could be tempted because of Wednesday’s early struggles in front of goal and the fact Forest have still managed 3 wins without playing particularly brilliantly.

forestieri out for 3 months for wednesday

he hasnt been playing much recently though

carvalhal was asked about the lack of attacking intent by his team today and started waffling on about pork and lobster, so it will interesting to see if wednesday attack forest and make an open game of it as he is coming under pressure.

Edited by waynecoyne

Wolverhampton v Millwall FC

Wolverhampton: Kortney Hause (0/0 d), Helder Costa (0/0 m, last season top scorer)(both doubtful), Willy Boly (5/0 d), Carl Ikeme (0/0 g), Phil Ofosu-Ayeh (0/0 d)

Millwall FC: no absencess

Sheffield Wed v Nottingham F.

Sheffield Wed: Fernando Forestieri (2/0 f), Glenn Loovens (2/0 d, captain), Sam Hutchinson (2/0 d), Kieran Lee (0/0 m)

Nottingham F.: Adam Federici (g, newcomer), David Vaughan (4/0 m), Chris Cohen (1/0 m), Matty Cash (0/0 m), Jamie Ward (0/0 f)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Aberdeen should be odds on to beat Hearts. Game is being played at Murrayfield due to the construction work at Tynecastle, Aberdeen reportedly sold 6000+ tickets, will turn it into almost a neutral venue. They have pace, width and creativity in the team, 3 things Hearts can't deal with or have themselves. Aberdeen must be confident of a straightforward away win here. Aberdeen at 2.05 is my bet of the day.

Stirling have started the season very well, including a win over much fancied Peterhead last time out. They must be confident of another 3 points today against a struggling Clyde. The price of Stirling at 2.00 is just enough for my cash.

14 hours ago, allyhibs said:

Cardiff look a nice price tomorrow. What's your thoughts @StevieDay1983 can they keep winning?

Hmm, it's tough. The international break broke our momentum. However, we do have no real injury concerns. I fancy us against anyone right now. We went to an in-form Wolves and did the business so there's no reason we can't do the same with Fulham. That said, if there was one game I anticipated a defeat this season it was this fixture. Fulham are missing their influential midfielder Tom Cairney but they are simply drafting in Oliver Norwood instead who is more than capable of doing a job. I'd back a draw personally. I'd be pleased if we came away with a point. I'd be bloody ecstatic if we took all three!

7 hours ago, allthethings said:

Talking about League Two, Swindon away to Luton similarly wacky at 4.90. Swindon's two wins since relegation from League One are on away, so they're fitting in perfectly in this league. 

Agreed. :ok Looks very big on Swindon, but the obvious problem is Luton look very tasty at the moment too. Should never be 4/1 though.

On 06/09/2017 at 9:28 AM, sajtion said:

i am going to try two accumulators for nice load of cash

first

tottenham, west brom, chelsea, aston villa, fulham, leeds, norwich, scnuthorpe, charlton, barnet

second

tottenham, chelsea, reading, plymouth, oxford, luton, stevenage, mansfield, crewe, colchester

good luck

On 9/9/2017 at 0:16 AM, allthethings said:

Talking about League Two, Swindon away to Luton similarly wacky at 4.90. Swindon's two wins since relegation from League One are on away, so they're fitting in perfectly in this league. 

I ended up winning with Swindon at 4/1, losing with Morecambe and Grimsby. Swindon were helped a fair bit by the sending off, but that's the way this works. You just never know...