** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UK Weekend > Apr 21st - 24th

champratings.jpg.d1caa882460211bb6fa9b1d

league1ratings.jpg.179aee81dcec1aed07e66

league2ratings.jpg.f82bef0e16da33826c05b

A packed week with league and cup action across the board. The FA Cup Semi Finals take place this weekend so this might be one for Premier League thread contributors such as @sajtion, @andrewcalo, @Mindfulness, @Sir Puntalot, @betcatalog, @AndreBR, @mrclubbie, @neilovan, @Judeksi, @KikoCy, @Bett, @zemo91, @sm0kez, @Bronxie, @Duuc, @Dylan Lynch, and @WinningAdvice.

Elsewhere, there is still a lot to be decided. @Tiffy already celebrating promotion to the Premier League. Can they seal the title now? @Kenton Schweppes will be hoping his boys can end their season on a high. Is it too late to catch Newcastle? Other Championship lads on here such as @canaries91, @CloughandTaylor, and @rangers234 will all be hoping their sides can notch up crucial wins.

@skyblues88, can your boys end the season positively?

What about others that contribute to this thread regularly? @allyhibs, @salmonman, @allthethings, @Icongene, @Tanktop, @waynecoyne, @kulikTS, @KingSoccertips, and @MuineBheag? Any thoughts here guys?

11 hours ago, Icongene said:

Heard there's a couple of fans in London who do.......

Arsenal fans that want Wenger out right? :rollin

I cannot call these two semi finals. I'm tempted to back under 2.5 goals scored in both. In these high profile games between big teams there is usually an anti-climax. Onto the Championship, I would be happy with taking a draw against a relegation battling Wigan. As I said before the Forest game, our squad is quite unsettled right now with so many players not knowing their future. However, Warnock will make sure we battle and even though we didn't play great against Forest we did just enough. I'm hoping we can do the same here. Let's put it this way, if I was Wigan, playing us right now wouldn't be the most attractive fixture in a fight for their life.

i had wigan down in my mind to win against cardiff. i've always said they are good team but just some results didn't got their way otherwise they would have been 15th place in the league. there are three games to go and i am sure they make a fight of it to stay up.

4 hours ago, sajtion said:

i had wigan down in my mind to win against cardiff. i've always said they are good team but just some results didn't got their way otherwise they would have been 15th place in the league. there are three games to go and i am sure they make a fight of it to stay up.

Well, we haven't won in five away games and haven't even scored in the last two away matches. Where as Wigan have won their last two home matches. I still feel we are a side made to poop on their occasion. The pressure is all on them and these are the sort of games where the pressure can tell. If I was forced to bet on it then I would back a draw.

35 minutes ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Well, we haven't won in five away games and haven't even scored in the last two away matches. Where as Wigan have won their last two home matches. I still feel we are a side made to poop on their occasion. The pressure is all on them and these are the sort of games where the pressure can tell. If I was forced to bet on it then I would back a draw.

i see it as a narrow win and probably no more than a single goal. i am not underestimating cardiff, they are capable of drawing but many factors can swing it to either side and cardiff has nothing to play so could experiment with squad. i am sticking with wigan to edge it because of their home form and by the fact that it's their last chance to escape relegation.

i'm experimenting with two accumulators this week

first accumulator

leeds, bradford, millwall, bury, exeter, luton, colchester, newport, blackpool

stake £20 returns £10.000

second accumulator

hull, wigan, nottingham forest, millwall, bradford, cambridge, bury, bristol rovers, carlisle

stake £10 return £11.000

Norwich City v Brighton

Norwich City: Alex Tettey (35/0 m, doubtful), Timm Klose (30/1 d), Matt Jarvis (0/0 m), Louis Thompson (3/0 m)

Brighton: Sam Baldock (30/11 f), Shane Duffy (31/2 d), Connor Goldson (5/0 d), Sam Adekugbe (1/0 d)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Looking at the ratings above, it has Norwich much higher than Brighton. This doesn't really concern me, as Brighton are good at soaking up pressure & don't worry about having too much possession. The corner market could be interesting here. Whilst I think Brighton will win, I can see Norwich having the most corners. Brighton often don't have lots of corners, They tend to go wide then cut inside, so

NORWICH MOST CORNERS 1.7

CANARIES V SEAGULLS

Yes @StevieDay1983 My trusty gut feeling tells me they will win the title tonight. It's either that or the Smoked Salmon I had at lunchtime!

I have just spoken to a Brighton Youth team coach who is full time at the training grouvd. He said, don't put any money on them tonight as the players have been on the piss all week. They have only trained once, and that was on Weds, then they travelled up yesterday, so may have done a bit more in the afternoon.

However, I feel that professionalism will kick in once they cross the white line, and they will be raring to go.

If they don't clinch the title tonight, then they will definitely win it at home next week against Bristol City. So any money lost tonight can be made back next week.

BRIGHTON X2 1.53

BRIGHTON WIN 2.7

NORWICH MOST CORNERS 1.7

Edited by Tiffy

CANARIES V SEAGULLS MATCH FACTS

• If Brighton secure the Championship title on Friday, it will be their fourth league title in 16 years, more than any other current EFL club. Manchester United are the only English club outside the EFL to have won more.
  • Norwich have lost just one of their last seven league meetings with Brighton (W5 D1), although it came in this season's reverse fixture, losing 5-0, their heaviest defeat in the Championship this term.
  • The Seagulls have won just once in their last 16 league visits to Carrow Road, winning 1-0 in December 2002 thanks to a goal from Steve Sidwell (D7 L8).
  • Brighton are looking to achieve a league double over Norwich for the first time since the 1951-52 campaign - this will be their 34th league meeting since then.
  • Anthony Knockaert has scored in 13 different Championship games and never ended up on the losing side this season (W12 D1). The French winger has ended up on the losing side just once in the 28 Football League games he has scored in (W24 D3), a 2-1 defeat by Sheffield Wednesday as a Leicester player in December 2013.

• READING THE THREADS ON THE MESSAGE BOARDS THE GENERAL CONCENSUS IS THAT WE WILL LOSE TONIGHT, BUT NO ONE REALLY CARES!!!

ASTON VILLA V BIRMINGHAM

Does anyone else think that the Blues can nick something from Villa here?

Birmingham were never a bad team, just outside the playoffs when Rowett was there. I always felt that  Zola was trying to put square pegs into round holes, and probably didn't get the bit of luck that he needed.

Redknapp said on the radio earlier that he doesn't have a magic wand, and can't turn them into Real. Madrid, but he should be able to tighten things up to help them stay up.

I think he will go back to basics & the players should respond to having a manager of his stature there.

I know it's a Derby, at Villa Park, and their will be a sense of grief over the loss of Ugo, but my trusty gut tells me that the Blues could rise to the occasion.

DOUBLE CHANCE 1.85? 

Your thoughts

been checking their social media, looks like they been hitting it hard(brighton) . boozed up early hours in morning. looks multiple nights too. then all the commotion of travelling, brighton to norwich? wouldnt wanna be in their shoes(boots) after all that.

wondering whos got the most to play for? the brighton players are already celebrating promotion thinking about the premier league

Edited by MysticMoron

some of the pics their in underpants. look smashed. not sure if i can show them(or want too)

jamie muphy(not the striker) had a kid this week or recently? not sure his position on the team? lineups yet?  doubt hes getting much rest

Edited by MysticMoron
correcting name

Huddersfield v Fulham

Both teams in playoff hunt, neither can defend and both sets of strikers certainly know where the net is - I smell goals and could be a winner at half time this one.

Over 2.5 Goals @ 1.95 BetVictor :ok 

Wigan v Cardiff

Fair play to Wigan, they could have just given up but their survival hopes are a little better now and they'll be going for the throat here. However, I just don't trust them enough to go for the win despite the ratings have them well ahead.

Over 2.5 Goals @ 2.00 Bet365

Oldham v Rochdale

Seems to be priced up based on Rochdale motivation rather than anything, but Oldham are not safe yet and the ratings like them on the latest 2 performances and unbeaten in their last 5 at home with 3 wins. Their odds are just wrong in my opinion based on everything I've known about betting for 20 years. So wrong, I've gone for the straight win.

Oldham Win @ 3.30 Bet365 

Well, what a bizzare game last night.

Norwich didn't have a single shot on target and yet won 2-0!

Without two slices of good fortune it probably would have been a draw..

when will you ever see two identical own goals in one half, by the same player again?

Bizarre to think that Stockdale was on hat trick before half time.

No real damage done to my pot yesterday, I will get it all back next week.

You have to say Norwich will be stronger next season though, Pritchard did look decent when he was on the ball. Got some well deserved stick from the Albion faithful tho.....haha

UK:

QPR have lost with a 1 goal margin in their last 5 games in Championship.
Chelsea are undefeated in their last 21 home games against Tottenham in all competitions.
Rotherham have failed to win their last 17 games in Championship.

Interesting 34 Football Betting Streaks for 22.04.2017 ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-streaks-22-04-2017

I know it's not the done thing to back against your own team but I wouldn't be surprised to see Fulham beat us today, they seem to make light work of anyone who tries to play their own game against them, bit like us really, it's against the stragglers that dig in and make it hard for them that they have trouble and at 9/5 think they are worth backing. We seem to have totally lost the plot of late, losing to Bristol City and Burton, scraping home against Preston and drawing down at Derby in one of the most boring games ever with the use of the most boring tactics. We seem to have given up on automatic promotion weeks ago, which has annoyed me as Newcastle are just stumbling over the line with no pressure from anyone. Fulham 9/5

Scunthopre 6/4 travel to seemingly doomed Swindon who need to win today but Scunthopre have a slim chance of automatic promotion and have won 3 on the bounce and maybe can be backed again with a bit of confidence.

Lastly into League Two with Accrington who are in top form but it's too late for the play offs but will be looking to finish the season on a high in preparation for next season. They take on Newport County who took a right caning at Plymouth on Monday.

Fulham 9/5, Scunthorpe 6/4 and Accrington 5/4 pays 14's.

Edited by Kenton Schweppes

Quick post today. On way to Hampden.

Hibs win at 4.00. Yes please, VALUE.

Hibs +1 at 1.75. Big stakes, can't see us losing today.

Over 2.5 goals at 2.10. Goalfest on the cards, Aberdeens defence is their weekness.

Jason Cummings anytime scorer at 3.00. Great price, loves scoring in the big games.

C'mon the Cabbage :ok

4 hours ago, Tiffy said:

Well, what a bizzare game last night.

Norwich didn't have a single shot on target and yet won 2-0!

Without two slices of good fortune it probably would have been a draw..

when will you ever see two identical own goals in one half, by the same player again?

Bizarre to think that Stockdale was on hat trick before half time.

No real damage done to my pot yesterday, I will get it all back next week.

You have to say Norwich will be stronger next season though, Pritchard did look decent when he was on the ball. Got some well deserved stick from the Albion faithful tho.....haha

If that was on a game of Football Manager we'd all be saying it was scripted! Pritchard is a quality player. Norwich's squad overall should be challenging for automatic promotion. I had them tipped as a top 6 finisher before the season started. In fact, I think I had them and Newcastle as top two. Anyway, it'll be interesting to see how that result affects Newcastle's mentality. Easy to forget they still haven't sealed promotion yet.

@Kenton Schweppes, what's the mood amongst Huddersfield fans like at the moment? I should point out, Kenton was adamant before the season started that the Terriers would be in the mix. I tipped them to struggle and I am happy to admit I have been proven wrong. I've got a soft spot for Huddersfield after they, along with Alloa, were one of the first clubs I managed on the old Championship Manager games. In the days of Andy Booth, Iffy Onuora, and Jon Dyson!