** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Championship Predictions > Dec 14th - 17th

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Championship

West Bromwich conceded at least 1 goal in each of their last 12 matches in Championship.
West Bromwich have scored 36% of their goals after the 75th minute in Championship.
West Bromwich conceded at least 1 goal in 100% of their away matches in Championship.
33% of Sheffield Utd's conceded goals occurred after the 75th minute in Championship.

You can find interesting 76 Football Betting Streaks for 14.12.2018 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-14-12-2018-12630

Sheffield Utd v West Bromwich

Sheffield Utd: Kean Bryan (0/0 m), Leon Clarke (18/2 f), Ben Woodburn (7/0 m)(all doubtful), Jake Wright (0/0 d)

West Bromwich: Hal Robson-Kanu (17/3 f), Bakary Sako (2/0 f), Kyle Bartley (15/1 d)(all doubtful)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Sheffield united v west brom

Chris basham has 3 goals already this season an average of 596 minutes per goal.

I will chance a buy of his goal minutes at 3 with spreadex.

Other possibles are o'connell (1 goal and average of 1787) at 4 or baldock at 6 ( 1 goal and a low average of 460)

Edited by waynecoyne

Aston Villa have scored in 100% of their home matches in Championship.
Stoke City have been undefeated in their last 7 away matches in Championship.
Bolton conceded at least 1 goal in each of their last 5 home matches in Championship.
Leeds Utd have won their last 4 matches in Championship.
Preston have scored in 100% of their home matches in Championship.
Millwall have failed to win in their last 10 away matches in Championship.
Norwich City have been undefeated in their last 9 matches in Championship.

You can find interesting 189 Football Betting Streaks for 15.12.2018 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-15-12-2018-12646

Aston Villa vs Stoke

One of the most interesting matches this weekend can be found in the Championship where two potential promotion-chasing ex-Premier League big guns go head-to-head at Villa Park when Aston Villa host Stoke in this 3pm kick-off this Saturday afternoon.

Aston Villa have been rejuvenated under Dean Smith. The club is on a run of 4 wins and 2 draws from their last 6 league matches. It includes Smith leading his team to 3 wins in their last 4 home league games to send them to 8th in the table. Not only have the results improved but the style of football is more free-flowing and restrictive than it was under former manager Steve Bruce as well.

Stoke are also finally getting momentum going under Gary Rowett. Big things were expected by the former Birmingham and Derby gaffer after his relative successful tenures at those Championship clubs. However, the Potters started the season with just 1 win in their first 7 league games. Form has improved and the club has moved up to 10th in the table with an unbeaten run of 8 league matches. Frustratingly, 5 of those matches have ended in draws. In fact, 3 of the last 4 away league matches have been draws for Stoke.

The Potters have an impressive recent away record against Aston Villa. In their past six meetings at Villa Park, Stoke have won 3 and drawn 3. Is it time that the Villains finally turned the table on that bad form or will Stoke enhance their reputation as Villa's bogey side?

I'm torn in this game. I'm favouring Villa slightly because I think Smith has got them purring. However, Stoke have made themselves a hard team to beat. I just think Villa might have too much for them on home turf. It could be a single goal that decides it but it could also be a thriller.

Aston Villa to Win @ 2.05 with BetVictor

Total Goals Scored Over 2.5 @ 1.83 with MarathonBet

@waynecoyne, @sajtion, @arvee, @canaries91, @Mindfulness, @betcatalog, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @CloughandTaylor, @Tiffy, @Gidds, @chris50, @PokerWolf1, @teddybear3011, @skyblues88, @allyhibs, @Icongene, @KikoCy, @willie82, @Neubs, @Papa Lazarou, @kulikTS, @Valkovets, @Pipoca, @padman, @Marek76, @silver fox, @neilovan, @HastGill1, @jazzman02, @andypaps28, @Kenton Schweppes, @rangers234, @newjack, @Kane91, @yossa6133, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @Xcout, @Wanderer89, @four-leaf, @trevor8, @OppoArchitizerLady, and @the bastardian, what are you guys looking to bet on this weekend in the Championship?

Swansea vs Sheffield Wednesday

My second preview this weekend covers the Swansea versus Sheffield Wednesday game that's a 3pm kick-off this Saturday at the Liberty Stadium. Now, @waynecoyne, it's a sorry state of affairs that the Owls are in and, as a Cardiff fan, this write-up is going to likely be painful for both of us.

Swansea are having a season of mixed results. Graham Potter has been managing with one arm tied behind his back. God knows what those American owners are up to but the club certainly appears to be drifting into anonymity. Unless there is investment in the playing staff in January then it's hard to see the Swans ending up higher than their current 12th place position in the Championship.

Sheffield Wednesday fans are enduring their own hardships. Arguably worse than those of the Swansea faithful. Jos Luhukay is coming under increasing pressure despite his handicapped management role. The club is in 17th place and just 6 points above the relegation zone. It's a breathing space that appears to be reducing with every passing week.

If Wednesday supporters are looking for a good omen ahead of this game then they probably don't want to check the away form details. The travelling side have failed to win on their last 11 trips to Wales with 5 draws and 6 defeats. It also doesn't help that Swansea have lost their last two home games. The last time they lost three home games in a row at home was back in 2004.

I'm afraid I can't see a positive result for Wednesday here. Swansea have lost 4 of their last 6 league games but the 3-2 win away to Brentford will certainly have boosted their spirits. Wednesday have won just 1 game in their last 9 league games and their last away win was on 7th October. I think we might see a few goals given the fragility of the two defensive set-ups but Swansea will likely take all three points to add more woes on to Wednesday.

Swansea to Win @ 1.75 with BetVictor

BTTS @ 1.75 with 888Sport

1 hour ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Swansea vs Sheffield Wednesday

My second preview this weekend covers the Swansea versus Sheffield Wednesday game that's a 3pm kick-off this Saturday at the Liberty Stadium. Now, @waynecoyne, it's a sorry state of affairs that the Owls are in and, as a Cardiff fan, this write-up is going to likely be painful for both of us.

Swansea are having a season of mixed results. Graham Potter has been managing with one arm tied behind his back. God knows what those American owners are up to but the club certainly appears to be drifting into anonymity. Unless there is investment in the playing staff in January then it's hard to see the Swans ending up higher than their current 12th place position in the Championship.

Sheffield Wednesday fans are enduring their own hardships. Arguably worse than those of the Swansea faithful. Jos Luhukay is coming under increasing pressure despite his handicapped management role. The club is in 17th place and just 6 points above the relegation zone. It's a breathing space that appears to be reducing with every passing week.

If Wednesday supporters are looking for a good omen ahead of this game then they probably don't want to check the away form details. The travelling side have failed to win on their last 11 trips to Wales with 5 draws and 6 defeats. It also doesn't help that Swansea have lost their last two home games. The last time they lost three home games in a row at home was back in 2004.

I'm afraid I can't see a positive result for Wednesday here. Swansea have lost 4 of their last 6 league games but the 3-2 win away to Brentford will certainly have boosted their spirits. Wednesday have won just 1 game in their last 9 league games and their last away win was on 7th October. I think we might see a few goals given the fragility of the two defensive set-ups but Swansea will likely take all three points to add more woes on to Wednesday.

Swansea to Win @ 1.75 with BetVictor

BTTS @ 1.75 with 888Sport

have to agree with you @StevieDay1983

I can't see Wednesday getting anything, the manager is a dead man walking and has lost the players as well as the fans. Bannan is suspended and forestieri injured. Joao is our best hope of a goal.

I may double Swansea with baron alco at cheltenham

Nottm Forest have scored in 90% of their away matches in Championship.
Nottm Forest have been undefeated in their last 7 away matches in Championship.
Derby County conceded at least 1 goal in each of their last 6 home matches in Championship.
Nottm Forest have scored in each of their last 6 away matches in Championship.

You can find interesting 55 Football Betting Streaks for 17.12.2018 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-17-12-2018-12661

Derby vs Nottingham Forest

Now, @yossa6133, you'll be able to offer a more educated view point on this fixture so please do build on or take down anything I say! :lol It's the Monday night football match between local rivals Derby and Nottingham Forest in a 7:45pm kick-off at Pride Park. It could be about to go off in one of the most important East Midlands derby matches of recent memory.

Derby are perhaps surprising a few people, including myself, at how they are appearing to progress well under Frank Lampard. Fair play to the former Chelsea player, he's made some shrewd signings and appears to be getting the best out of the young attacking midfield players such as Tom Lawrence, Harry Wilson, and Mason Mount. They've also found a gem from the lower divisions in Jack Marriott. The Rams are sat in 5th place and certainly looking a solid bet to reach the play-offs.

Nottingham Forest are a club on their way back. Aitor Karanka is installing a new sense of belief in the squad that is thanks to the new ownership. The Tricky Trees are in 7th place but would move into the play-off spots with a win here. It is just one defeat in their last 8 league matches but, unfortunately, that was their last league game in a 1-0 loss at home to lower mid-table Preston.

The home team in this game boast the far superior head-to-head record over recent years. The past 5 meetings in the league have seen Derby win three and draw two. Forest have been unable to even score in four of those matches. It should be remembered that it has been a hard few years for Forest and their fans. This is a new era with new possibilities.

One thing Forest can come into this game confident about is that they won't go down without a fight. Karanka has made them a very hard team to beat on the road. It is just 1 loss in their 10 away matches in the league so far this season. 6 of those matches might have been draws but the fact is that Karanka knows how to tighten a ship up away from home. Except for that 5-5 draw with Aston Villa at Villa Park the other week. That was just complete madness!

Interestingly, Karanka lost his first game against Derby in English football back in 2013. However, since then he has gone unbeaten playing them in his last six outings. Is he a bogey manager for the Rams? Or is it about time that he suffered a defeat?

I'm not really sure which way this will go. I'm tempted to back Derby to win but I think Forest can nullify the Derby attacking line to a large extent, albeit maybe not all game, if they play as organised as they have done away from home this season. Take the 5 goals conceded against Villa out of the equation and Forest have conceded just 8 goals in 9 away matches this season. I think I'm going to back a score draw.

Draw @ 3.60 with BetVictor

BTTS @ 1.75 with Sportingbet

1 hour ago, yossa6133 said:

Good preview, honestly I have no idea what will happen but a draw is as likely as anything and a fair price and BTTS looks very likely too, so can't argue with your picks.

I thought Lampard would do well, he's one of the few recent ex-players that seems to have a bit of a brain!

I love what he's done with Wilson and Lawrence because it's showing at international level for Wales that they've come on in leaps and bounds over the last 6 months. Looking forward to the game tonight. I've got football at 8pm until 9pm so I'll try and catch the last half hour over the pub afterwards. I've always quite liked both Derby and Nottingham Forest so always feel awkward in this game when they despise each other so much.