** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

3rd Qualifying Round Predictions > Aug 14th - 16th

FC Midtjylland vs TNS

The second legs of the Europa League 3rd Qualifying Round are up this week and I'll start with familiar territory as I cover Danish side FC Midtjylland welcoming Welsh Premier League club TNS to the MCH Arena for a 6pm kick-off on Thursday evening with the home side favourites to progress after a 2-0 win away in the first leg.

FC Midtjylland come into this game as firm favourites. The 2-0 victory at the Cardiff City Stadium last week in front of just 893 people was one where Jess Thorup's side will certainly be feeling they could have won by a larger margin. Two goals within the first half hour by Paul Onuachu was not added to for the remainder of the game despite decent chances coming.

TNS will feel they did a solid job of preventing further damage but hopes of turning around the two goal deficit are bordering on fantasy. This is their first foray into the Europa League since 2011 and it looks like it will end before it has hardly started. They face an FC Midtjylland side that has conceded just 0.33 goals per game on home turf this season and showed their devastating attacking prowess on the weekend with a 3-0 win in the league against AC Horsens.

Unfortunately, I can't see this going well for the Welsh Premier League reigning champions. It was an experience for them to play at the home of the Welsh national side last week but it will surely be a focus back on domestic action after this week. I can see a clean sheet win for the home side and I'd back them to score at least 2-3 goals again.

FC Midtjylland To Win To Nil @ 1.65 with BetVictor

Total Goals Scored Over 2.5 @ 1.44 with Betfred

@delfino, @KikoCy, @giraldi, @Icongene, @dogmeister, @rangers234, @Pipoca, @Notorious, @ElPrincipito007, @KingSoccertips, @vasilli07, @betcatalog, @immortal--, @DW_United, @discipline, @WinningAdvice, @arvee, @silverfox, @FrenchEskimo, @liamcorrigan86, @ElPrincipito007, @Neubs, @TOTTI3, @Simeon Borisof, @Charon84, @Magic0024, @Xcout, @arsenalfh, @BJO, @footballeye, @gamblerxxx, @Xcout, @allyhibs, @cluelessG, @jazzman02 , @DrO, @chris50, @mtom, @canaries91, @slipkid, and @CloughandTaylor, what bets are you guys lining up this week?

FC Copenhagen - CSKA Sofia
Both teams to score: Yes
Odds: 2@bet365
Stake: 2/10

It's do or die for CSKA. After taking the lead last week CSKA lost 2-1 at home, which makes the chances of proceeding very slim, but the team has left for the Danish capital in high spirits and will hope to cause major upset. To be honest, I doubt they can do it, but at least I am certain they will give a hard time to their opponents.

Last week CSKA started brightly but then the referee decided to take a decisive part in the game, and after a couple of absolutely shocking and deliberate decision against CSKA (admitted even by Copenhagen's manager), the visitors managed to turn things around and played very well in the second half. CSKA will be without one of their main CB who was sent off last week and without the regular LB who got injured in the training prior to the first match. On the bright side, the captain Bodurov (CB) is back as is midfielder Malinov. CSKA's striker Maurides is on fire having scored 8 goals in 7 games so far and once again he will be the main threat to the danish defense.

As for Copenhagen, they showed more maturity and waited patiently their chances. They are aware that tomorrow CSKA will search for an early opening and I am sure they will wait for their chance on the break. 

Overall, the game should be entertaining and I can see both teams scoring, which makes the odds quite appealing.

Good luck!

Football Facts and Streaks regarding  Europa League

HJK Helsinki has over 2.5 goals in their last 3 games in all competitions.
Hibernian has under 2.5 goals in their last 3 games in all competitions.
Zalgiris has under 2.5 goals in their last 4 games in all competitions.
Sturm Graz lost their last 3 games in all competitions.
Besiktas scored in last 6 games in all competitions.
Brondby scored in last 33 games in all competitions.
Sigma Olomouc has over 2.5 goals in their last 6 away games in all competitions.

You can find interesting 89 Football Betting Streaks for 16.08.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-16-08-2018-10899

Maribor vs Rangers

The second leg of this Europa League game is coming up tomorrow night at 7:15pm when Slovenian club Maribor look to turn around a 3-1 loss in the first leg against Rangers. The game will be played at Ljudski vrt and is a delicately poised with the home side taking a vital away goal into this match.

Maribor had mixed emotions after their game at Ibrox last week. Mitja Viler's away goal could prove crucial but Darko Milanic's side will be ruing the late goal they conceded in the 86th minute that was scored by Lassana Coulibaly. It swung the favour truly into the hands of Rangers.

Steve Gerrard's team continued to impress on the weekend winning 2-0 against St Mirren and playing for a large percentage of the game with just 10 men. Gerrard will now be hoping his side can travel to Slovenia and get the job done. Grabbing an away goal would mean that Maribor would need to score at least three goals to stay in the tie.

However, the temptation will surely be to go defensive and try to shut Maribor out knowing they need to score at least twice anyway. Gerrard has seen his team keep six clean sheets in their nine matches he's been in charge for so it's something they are comfortable doing. Can they pull it off against a more dangerous side in European competition though?

The stark problem for Rangers is that Maribor's attack is on fire this season. In their four league games so far they have scored 15 goals and they have scored 5 in three of those four matches. It is also 10 games undefeated for the Purples on home turf so Rangers can expect a tough test.

Personally, I think Rangers did enough in the first leg to finish the job here. Gerrard has got his team set-up well. The biggest question is over their character and discipline. They took points in both league games where they went down to 10 men this season but go down to 10 men in this game and it could be a different story. I believe they have enough to do it but I don't think Maribor will lie down easily. I'm expecting wave after wave of home attacks and it depends if Rangers can sucker punch them on the counter or not.

Total Goals Scored Over 2.5 @ 2.22 with MarathonBet

Draw (Maribor-1) @ 3.90 with William Hill

NK Maribor v Rangers FC

NK Maribor: Martin Milec (1/0 d), Aleksander Rajčevič (0/0 d)

Rangers FC: Ryan Jack (1/0 m), Lassana Coulibaly (2/0 m), Scott Arfield (1/0 m)(all doubtful), Lee Wallace (0/0 d), Jordan Rossiter (0/0 m), Graham Dorrans (0/0 m), Borna Barišić (1/0 d, cup-tied)

Burnley FC v Istanbul Basaksehir

Burnley FC: Tom Heaton (0/0 g), Anders Lindegaard (0/0 g), Nick Pope (0/0 first goalkeeper last season), Steven Defour (0/0 m), Robbie Brady (0/0 m), Matej Vydra (0/0 f)

Istanbul Basaksehir: Marcio Mossoró (0/0 m), Arda Turan (0/0 m), Alparslan Erdem (0/0 d)

AEK Larnaka v Sturm Graz

AEK Larnaka (last season): Apostolis Giannou (11/2 f), David Català (30/3 d, captain), Marios Antoniades (24/0 d), Vincent Laban (28/0 m), Vladimir Boljević (3/0 m)

Sturm Graz: Stefan Hierländer (3/0 m, suspended), Jakob Jantscher (0/0 m)

CS Univ Craiova v RB Leipzig

CS Univ Craiova: Radoslav Dimitrov (1/0 d), Fausto Rossi (0/0 m), Ovidiu Bic (0/0 m)

RB Leipzig (last season): Péter Gulácsi (33/0 first goalkeeper, spared), Timo Werner (32/13 f, top scorer), Dayot Upamecano (28/3 d), Konrad Laimer (22/0 m)

FC Basel v Vitesse Arnhem

FC Basel: Martin Suchý (4/0 d, doubtful), Antonio Dominique (0/0 g), Zdravko Kuzmanovic (0/0 m), Taulant Xhaka (0/0 m)

Vitesse Arnhem: Arnold Kruiswijk (0/0 d), Hilary Gong (0/0 f)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

How come Feyenoord are so short against Trencin? They got battered 4-0 in the away leg yet in the return leg the guests are priced up at the odds of more than 10.0 which is shocking. 

Obviously the guests might take it easy and rely on the 4 goal cushion and allow themselves a 2-0/3-0 defeat but based on the performance the away side should be the play here.