** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

US Open 2019

And Rublev won against Tsitsipas which was my main bet yesterday after I read the pick from Czechpunter. 

Actually Tsitsipas game is more suitable for clay courts. He is the new Thiem in my opinion. Strong tennis on clay, but unstable on fast courts. The reason is his fighting spirit. On clay he has the few crucial seconds to applicate his fighting spirit because the ball 'rebounds' few seconds slower than on hard courts.

Nobody from the young players is or will be equal to Federer, Nadal or Djokovic.

After those three retire, then some guys like Medvedev, Tsitsipas and De Minaur , Thiem, and perhaps Zverev, may become  eventually number one in rankings, but not on permanent basis. There will be a massive rotation in number 1 position like what's happening now in WTA tour.

Thanks ChechPunter! 

I've taken Osaka to win the womens draw. I got 12/1 yesterday which is still avaliable.

I'm alittle concerned over the potential injury as she was moving abit awkward in the third set yesterday but i fancy her to go deep. Bencic has her own injury concerns whilst halep and kvitova are both opponents that Osaka has beaten on the hardcourt.

2pts E/W N.Osaka to win US Open 12/1 paddypower

Cori Gauff to beat Timea Babos at 1.78 with Pinnacle

Magda Linette (+1.5 sets) to beat Naomi Osaka at 1.82 with Pinnacle

And here I find myself, opposing @Fader. That's not a comfortable thing to do, but I didn't like Osaka as much as he did by the looks of things and I think that she's now vulnerable against just about anyone. Linette has already beaten her and she's on a roll, so I fancy her to emerge with at least one set here and I wouldn't be shocked to see her get the outright upset either. Meanwhile, I also like Gauff to continue proving herself, as I liked her performance against Potapova. It wasn't perfect, but she needed a hard win to get something against the mounting pressure and Babos isn't the player she once was these days. Slower than before and without as much power, so she should find it difficult to fight against the American.

Do agree on Gauff and would love to see Gauff Vs Osaka in the next round.

Another I like for the womens outright is Kenin. Looking at her draw, I fancy her today and then she would most likely face Madison Keys which is far from easy. Keys beat her in the Cincinnati Masters Semi-final and is herself on quite a roll. If she can get through that though, she would face Yastremska who she beat with ease at the Canadian and then probably Pliskova. She's beaten Serena recently (albeit on the clay) and if that all came good here, who knows.

Big task but i think at 40s she's too big.

1pt E/W S.Kenin to win US Open 40/1 sportingbet

@Fader Be careful with her' I think like @CzechPunter. I think Osaka will have an early bye in this US Open. I saw her very vulnerable against Blinkova and I think that now she's beatable by any decent player. I dont trust in that philosophy of "enjoying the tennis" between her couch and her, smiling everytime she fails an easy ball.. she's just trying to hide all the pressure and in some pArts worked but when did not worked was enough to lose an entire set when she was serving for the match. 

Haven't posted for a while now but so you all know I've gone in with a considerable stake on the following parlay

Cristian Garin +5.5 games v Alex De Minaur at 1.97

Cristian is a difficult opponent on all surfaces and certainly capable of covering a 5.5 games handicap.

Nikoloz Basilashvili -6.5 games v Jenson Brooksby at 2.16

I think Jenson has become a little overrated here or Niko has become a little underrated.

Reilly Opelka to beat Dominic Koepfer at 1.38

Reilly owns a 3-0 record in this matchup and all three meetings on hard in the space of 11 months since 2018-2019 and has only lost 1 set and I think he should be able to overcome Dominic again.

Total odds at 5.87 with Unibet

6 hours ago, Fader said:

I've taken Osaka to win the womens draw. I got 12/1 yesterday which is still avaliable.

I'm alittle concerned over the potential injury as she was moving abit awkward in the third set yesterday but i fancy her to go deep. Bencic has her own injury concerns whilst halep and kvitova are both opponents that Osaka has beaten on the hardcourt.

2pts E/W N.Osaka to win US Open 12/1 paddypower

I watched her yesterday and she looked like she had cement shoes on. Definitely injured, and very lethargic.

Damn, my brother has 4 x $550  courtside stadium tickets for Tuesday next week at Arthur Ashe. Wish I was going. Lucky guy, but it's a full day trip up to NY from Philadelphia, but seriously worth it. 

One thing to check before betting is the weather. If you get a stinking hot day, go for the player who comes from a warm weather background. They are far more used to the heat, and won't fade. Today is 23 degrees.

Three  woman's macthes that I think are pretty solid. Petra Martic over Ana Bogdan, Karolina Muchova over Hseith and Mladenovic over Ferro.

Absolutely right about conditions @neilovan There was a great example of what you're saying last year - Millman against Federer. Millman from Brisbane (I think) where it gets very hot and humid was much more comfortable in muggy conditions than Federer, which undoubtedly played a part in his shock win over the great Swiss (although he didn't beat Federer as such, Federer beat Federer, but that's another conversation).

Struff (to win) against Isner - @ 2.10

Simple explanation for this: Since Isner's foot injury, he hasn't been himself, losing early in both Cincinnati and Montreal. Struff, on the other hand, is a player on the up and I've prepared to back him here as the underdog. Yes, Isner does own a 3-0 H2H record, but the last match was in 2016 and Struff will be facing a very different Isner in 2019...

22 hours ago, darko08 said:

@Fader Be careful with her' I think like @CzechPunter. I think Osaka will have an early bye in this US Open. I saw her very vulnerable against Blinkova and I think that now she's beatable by any decent player. I dont trust in that philosophy of "enjoying the tennis" between her couch and her, smiling everytime she fails an easy ball.. she's just trying to hide all the pressure and in some pArts worked but when did not worked was enough to lose an entire set when she was serving for the match. 

yeah maybe mate. I had the bet on Osaka pre-Blinkova but nevertheless I feel with Osaka (and many other female players) they dip in form and there are alot of up and down swings from game-to-game. Even point-to-point sometimes. She was 4-1 down in the 1st set and then got things going to win the 1st set and then even in the third set you never really thought she would lose. She tends to raise her game when she needs to. The injury worries me more than her form. She's won this last year (although I admit she had quite an easy route until the final) and she's won the Australian Open since. She's a winner. I'm not sure she feels like she has a huge pressure on her shoulders.

We shall see.

49 minutes ago, South_African_Punter said:

Struff (to win) against Isner - @ 2.10

Simple explanation for this: Since Isner's foot injury, he hasn't been himself, losing early in both Cincinnati and Montreal. Struff, on the other hand, is a player on the up and I've prepared to back him here as the underdog. Yes, Isner does own a 3-0 H2H record, but the last match was in 2016 and Struff will be facing a very different Isner in 2019...

100% agree with you, i was thinking to post this bet'. Obviously this will be decided in 4 or 5 tight sets but Struff should be the favorite here considering their form

both Cuevas and Linette are dealing with Leg/Back injury related concerns this year.. Linette only more recently during her phenomenal run at New York.. But, she's taking medical timeouts there.  

I'm looking at the Pospisil - Sandgren match tonight.. Pospisil holds 2-0 h2h, and seems to be in form .. I am not sold that Sandgren will win because I think he's going to have some trouble returning Vasek serve, and its not a good matchup for him.. Seems there is a good chance that Canadian is fitter because he's played less grueling matches over his career, and seems to be rested and in shape right now. 

Grigor Dimitrov (-5) to beat Kamil Majchrzak at 1.93 with Marathonbet

Cuevas should've beaten Kamil, but he was somewhat injured and just couldn't cope physically at the end of the match. Dimitrov had a day off, however, so I can't see him having any such problems against a guy that's just played a five-setter with almost no time for rest. At least one of the sets should be easy.

I also agree Medvedev is not playing with 100% fitness but he finds way to win with his serve anyways.. I think some saw him as a dark horse to win the tournament.. I couldn't get in on that because I also believed was not fully healthy to do it.. But, also usually bites when if u underestimate Daniil. Dimtrov bet is another coin flip for me vs Majchrzak.. I'm thinking Cuevas will win also pre-match but since I don't trust Cuevas.. I stayed away from the match entirely no bet.. This one is same type of thing.. Sure Dimitrov probably going to win but covering the 5 games.. Well who knows with that.. This is not informed opinion. I have not watched either player anytime in the last months. 

Also you can factor outright loss for Dimitrov.. Machrzak with 20 % chance atleast for me. Again, have not seen the form. 

Edited by money44

I was debating between Popyrin and Pospisil today as bets, and I could not decide.. Now I can see that Popyrin has taken the lead on Kukushkin, and I will be off of the Pospisil bet now for superstitious reasons mostly. I believe that there is a good chance he won 1st round vs Khachanov based on poor serving alone from Karen. 

1 hour ago, money44 said:

both Cuevas and Linette are dealing with Leg/Back injury related concerns this year.. Linette only more recently during her phenomenal run at New York.. But, she's taking medical timeouts there.  

I'm looking at the Pospisil - Sandgren match tonight.. Pospisil holds 2-0 h2h, and seems to be in form .. I am not sold that Sandgren will win because I think he's going to have some trouble returning Vasek serve, and its not a good matchup for him.. Seems there is a good chance that Canadian is fitter because he's played less grueling matches over his career, and seems to be rested and in shape right now. 

I saw no signs of injury for Linette today. The 1st serve from Osaka is a worry, but she's very much a streaky player. 5 games won in a row in the 1st set. Very poor serving for the start of the 2nd but ultimately she was only one break down and the 4th game in the 2nd was the key. At 3-1 for me there was only one winner, with the HUGE impact that momentum brings in women's tennis.

5 games won in a row again in the 2nd set and 21 from 24 points won from Osaka, Linette just threw it away and started spraying. But I saw no sign of injury from Linette?

On 8/28/2019 at 9:56 AM, CzechPunter said:

Cori Gauff to beat Timea Babos at 1.78 with Pinnacle

Magda Linette (+1.5 sets) to beat Naomi Osaka at 1.82 with Pinnacle

And here I find myself, opposing @Fader. That's not a comfortable thing to do, but I didn't like Osaka as much as he did by the looks of things and I think that she's now vulnerable against just about anyone. Linette has already beaten her and she's on a roll, so I fancy her to emerge with at least one set here and I wouldn't be shocked to see her get the outright upset either. Meanwhile, I also like Gauff to continue proving herself, as I liked her performance against Potapova. It wasn't perfect, but she needed a hard win to get something against the mounting pressure and Babos isn't the player she once was these days. Slower than before and without as much power, so she should find it difficult to fight against the American.

@CzechPunter so close with Linette. 

Edited by Teodore

On 8/28/2019 at 8:37 PM, cialivinci said:

Rublev -4.5 Games vs Simon at 1.8 with @bet365  

just to see which kind of players rublev managed to win against in the last few weeks should be conviction enough that he will win here. Even with losing one set, i see him winning one set with 2 breaks. 

Unfortunately Simon gave up after losing the first set 6-2 against Rublev so... I think -4.5 would‘ve been more than likely 

Diego Schwartzman (-1.5 sets) to beat Tennys Sandgren at 1.72 with Betsson

Marin Cilic to beat John Isner at 1.94 with Marathonbet

Cilic has always had Isner's number and I still don't like the American's form. He received two easy wins from players that weren't able to keep their nerves together and who weren't even able to hold their serves easily, but Cilic is a different proposal in that respect and I think that he should be a 1.72 favorite or so. Meanwhile, this should also be where Sandgren loses now that he has to face someone who's going to enjoy longer rallies and just grinding him down.