** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

US Open 2019

17 hours ago, CzechPunter said:

Kristie Ahn (+1.5 sets) to beat Elise Mertens at 2.09 with Pinnacle

I have no idea what these odds are all about. Sure, Mertens is the better player of the two, but they've met four times and Ahn has managed to win two of those encounters, so I think that she's going to be biting hard given her form.

I bet on her as well and take Schwartzman tonight

I'm going to take Rublev -1.5 sets. I can't see the match going to a 5th set. Rublev already beaten Berrettini this year in straight sets on the hard-court. I feel like he's beaten far better players than Berrettini also and to be honest I was suprised by the offering of evens on this.

5pts A.Rublev (-1.5 sets) to beat M.Berrettini evens betfair

Zverev vs Schwartzmann no one to win in straight sets @1.53 with bet365 

I took this bet the three previous games of Zverev because of the certainty that he‘ll screw up at somepoint in the game. His game lacks consistency which is his biggest problem now while Schwartzmann for me plays a good season with some aggressive tennis. I expect many unforced errors and double faults of zverev but getting the job done to win at least one set... 

4 hours ago, lelit said:

None of the tennis "scientists" here have noticed value in 3 for Bencic win? Osaka without Bajin is maybe 70% Osaka from 2018 and AO 19 :) 

Bencic leads h/h 3-1, won last 3 matches and she can't be scared by Osaka's force.

The only real scientist here it's you bro, Bencic won 2-0. We want more of your science

Stan Wawrinka to beat Daniil Medvedev at 1.80 with bet365

Medvedev has played 20 matches in 30 days. Wawrinka is playing very well recently so if Medvedev is really a human being this should be the end for him. Too many matches on his legs, the crowd against him and Wawrinka playing in a great level again, I expect Stan to take this one.

I do like Wawrinka's chances tomorrow as well, but I still have that bet on Medvedev going on, so there's that.

Grigor Dimitrov (+2.5 sets) to beat Roger Federer at 2.20 with Pinnacle

I do understand why the odds for this are so long, but I nevertheless feel that there's some value in them. The result Federer got against Goffin was way too flattering, the Belgian just didn't show up at all. Before that, Nagal and Dzumhur did show up and got some sets, while Dimitrov has been creeping up with some very nice results of his own, crushing De Minaur in a very easy fashion and just surprising everyone in general. He's got nothing to lose, he seems to be enjoying himself, and Federer can have some Olderer moments nowadays, so I'd have this at 1.83 myself.

Townsend to beat Andreescu @4.25 unibet.

Andreescu has shown some great results last months. It's true. But Townsend has proven that she is hot right now having won against Halep, Cirstea, Kozlova... She said at US Open press conference that she feels very good and in shape. 

I dont believe those unbalanced odds. They should be much closer. Both are powerful players with pretty much beef on them and big shot power. I think the odds are false and Townsend has big chances, being the crowd's favorite as well.

16 hours ago, darko08 said:

Stan Wawrinka to beat Daniil Medvedev at 1.80 with bet365

Medvedev has played 20 matches in 30 days. Wawrinka is playing very well recently so if Medvedev is really a human being this should be the end for him. Too many matches on his legs, the crowd against him and Wawrinka playing in a great level again, I expect Stan to take this one.

Yes, his win over Djokovic is impressive, but recent Medvedev's odd grow makes it valueable, so i go against this:

Medvedev to beat Wawrinka at 2.27 with Pinnacle.

I think I'll be go with Stan. Medvedev has looked vulnerable at times and played on the "villain" angle to get him through against opponents he should of beat easily. He hasn't faced anyone as good as Stan yet.

Not sure on what bet i'll take depending on where I can find value but wouldn't be opposing Stanley.

Hi guys,

Who do you think has more chances, Berrettini against Monfils or Wawrinka against Medvedev?

I did not follow Monfils but I was impressed by Berrettini's performance against Rublev. Has anybody watched Monfils? No signs of fitness issues?

I like Wawrinka as well because he progresses pretty assertively and Medvedev has to have some limits.

Just curious what do you guys think about these two games.

Edited by vvararu

@vvararu Wawrinka in my opinion, Medvedev isn't looking great physically and I'm not sure his form will carry him through on his own. I'm hoping it will, obviously, but not confident at all. Berrettini can also win if Monfils fools around a bit.

@eSportManiac Hi and welcome to PL! Not sure what you're referring to given that you're quoting a fairly old post :unsure.

I like Stan's chances also. Medvedev has been the form player recently, but Stan has quietly been improving and he is a confidence player and will take huge confidence after beating Djokovic (some will say that victory was down to Joker being injured but I'm not buying it). If both players are at their best (unlikely with both seemingly having some fitness issues), then Stan's best is just better than Medvedev's best. Looks like a decent price for the 3 times slam winner, and former winner here. Hopefully its a classic match.

Edited by Bettingboots
typo

3 hours ago, Arkadiusss8 said:

This article might have been ordered by bookers in order to manipulate the players’ opinion. Joking actually but you never know...

Thanks for the article. Good to know. I’ve already put my bet on Stan so I hope his form will be enough to cover Medvedev’s form.

Guys im really thinking to take a shot on Qiang Wang (vs Serena) at 4.50, what do you think? Serena has not been tested yet (i can't consider Petra a tough test because she has been a mess in all the previous tournaments on hard). Muchova was playing well but she's too young and Sharapova has a mental barrier when she has to face Serena. Surprisingly the player who took a set from her was the most unexpected one: Caty Mcnally. Wang has won all her matches in straight sets and she destroyed Barty (6-2, 6-4) in her previous match here (at. 4.00). Thoughts?

16 minutes ago, darko08 said:

Guys im really thinking to take a shot on Qiang Wang (vs Serena) at 4.50, what do you think? Serena has not been tested yet (i can't consider Petra a tough test because she has been a mess in all the previous tournaments on hard). Muchova was playing well but she's too young and Sharapova has a mental barrier when she has to face Serena. Surprisingly the player who took a set from her was the most unexpected one: Caty Mcnally. Wang has won all her matches in straight sets and she destroyed Barty (6-2, 6-4) in her previous match here (at. 4.00). Thoughts?

Well, I forget to mention her fitness. Don't forget that she retired in the Final of Toronto (vs Andreescu), then she did not play in Cincinatti and against Martic i read somewhere that she had some ankle issues¿? Anybody can explain me something about that?

43 minutes ago, darko08 said:

I don't think Wang played that well, she basically just sat back and let Barty implode. Serena won't do that. Although i agree with Czech Serena won't win this title, I can't see her falling against Wang.