** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

US Open 2019

10 hours ago, CzechPunter said:

Grigor Dimitrov (-5) to beat Kamil Majchrzak at 1.93 with Marathonbet

Cuevas should've beaten Kamil, but he was somewhat injured and just couldn't cope physically at the end of the match. Dimitrov had a day off, however, so I can't see him having any such problems against a guy that's just played a five-setter with almost no time for rest. At least one of the sets should be easy.

Has Dimitrov solved his mental problems? As I know he is very unstable this year losing here and there. 

@vvararu Obviously that's the main risk the bet comes with, but I think that he got his act together during the two matches he played against Wawrinka in Montreal and Cincinnati. There, his level was much better than before and there's no shame in dropping a set against Seppi, especially if you win the other three 6-1 6-4 6-3. There was little wrong with Kamil yesterday, but they are going to play in the day session, so Kamil will have only about 24 hours to recover from a five-set marathon. It wasn't exceedingly taxing physically, but there should be some physical and mental fatigue nonetheless imo.

9 hours ago, CzechPunter said:

Me neither. But Townsend was amazing today, her volleys were like good old Llodra or Stepanek, though she was helped by the fact that Halep apparently doesn't know what lobs are and what they are used for.

Watched abit of this. Loved it. Serve and volley. Bosh ?

1 hour ago, Fader said:

I fancy this match to go quite long today. Atleast 4 sets, maybe 5. Both lack any real power and so you would expect long rallies. Nishikori the most likely to come through, but he rarely gets the job done with ease.

6pts Alex De Minaur Vs K.Nishikori (Over 38.5 games) 5/6 Bet365

Definitely!

What do you guys think of Stan today ? 

37 year old Lorenzi won two 5 setters, so many missed opportunities for Kecmanovic. 

24 hrs later facing Wawrinka, I believe it will be too tough for him. I have doubts that he could finish the game today.

-2.5 sets handicap 1.59 odds on betsson.

Isn't 3.15 too much for PCB against Goffin? I know Goffin came here with a masters final but PCB can compete with him in the rallies and the difference shouldn't be that big imho. What do you think guys?

Edited by enano21

7 minutes ago, Anaxagoras said:

37 year old Lorenzi won two 5 setters, so many missed opportunities for Kecmanovic. 

24 hrs later facing Wawrinka, I believe it will be too tough for him. I have doubts that he could finish the game today.

remember Stan is in his 30s himself and couldn't beat 135th ranked Sinner without dropping a set, so at them kind of odds...

I'm going to take a little 2pt Accy for today.

Barty has beaten Sakkari twice this year on the hard-court already. At the very least I see Barty in 3 there. Wang faces Fierro who again she has beat twice already in 2019 and won all 3 on the hard-court. All in straight-sets too. Konta will be too good for Zhang. She's beat Zhang the last 3 in a row on the hard and all in straight sets. Medvedev is on fire at the moment and aslong as there is no injury concerns there (had a hobble in the last match) then I can't see Lopez matching him. Finally, Sevastova to beat Martic. Beat her on the clay last year. I think the little bit extra power will see her through.

2pts Barty / Wang / Sevastova / Konta / Medvedev - 5/1 Paddypower

Probably should expand a bit... First thing Evans has to do is get into a winning position which I don't think happens. Then, having got into a winning position he's got to close out and in a pressure cooker situation I don't think he's able to do it. I'm thinking back to Wimbledon and also a bit further back when he got to the Delray Beach final. 

Personally think Federer will take it relatively easily, Evans is playing really well but he's not got explosive power. He'll rally with Federer and once Fed gets the measure of you I think its over. If your unpredictable or just nailing the shots you might have a chance but beating Fed at his own game is much tougher.. 

2 hours ago, Fader said:

remember Stan is in his 30s himself and couldn't beat 135th ranked Sinner without dropping a set, so at them kind of odds...

well, sinner is a much better player than lorenzi. anyways i don't like betting on straight-sets victories respectively minus games handicaps at all. 
in the end the players just need to win their matches to advance. they don't care about our bets. in germany we got a proverb that goes like this:
a good horse jumps only as high as it needs to.

Edited by kedbet

3 hours ago, kedbet said:

well, sinner is a much better player than lorenzi. anyways i don't like betting on straight-sets victories respectively minus games handicaps at all. 
in the end the players just need to win their matches to advance. they don't care about our bets. in germany we got a proverb that goes like this:
a good horse jumps only as high as it needs to.

Das stimmt wohl, selbst bei djokovic oder Federer würde ich nie auf einen 3-0 Sieg Wetten, weil es denen eben nichts bedeutet, wenn die mal einen Satz abgeben.

9 hours ago, Anaxagoras said:

This one came through but nothing like what I expected. Have to give credit to Lorenzi's fighting spirit.

Andrey Rublev to beat Nick Kyrgios at 2.62 with bet365

Incredible odds for the victory of Rublev who is playing very well the last weeks. Nothing much to say. We all know Kyrgios, he is very good but his mentally not and im almost sure that he will have some of his typical mad moments. Personally I think that Rublev should be payed at 1.80-2.00 not at 2.62 so lets try. Rublev won against Tsitsipas in the first round 3-1 and then just played one set against Simon so he will be rested. Kyrgios has won against Steve Johnson and Hoang in straight sets so this will be his first tough test.

Nadal destroyed Chung as i expected, i will post 2 more bets for today:

Cori Gauff (+1,5 Sets) to beat Naomi Osaka at 2.04 with Marathonbet

Diego Schwartzman vs Tennys Sandgren Over 36.0 Games at 1.76 with Marathonbet

I still think that Osaka is not at her best and I think that Cori can get 1 set at least.

I also expect Tennys to give some more fight than the odds suggest so I like the over for this match. If Tennys get 1 set the bet will be almost won so let's try.

I'm starting to think that all that really matters in tennis is saving break points. Isner is about to lose to Cilic and he's going to lose - at least as far as the stats are now - having failed to save any of two break points faced, whilst Cilic has saved nine out of ten. Never mind any other stats - break point stats are king :eyes

Hi Czech punter

Why are the bookies making Johanna Konta an outsider against Pliskova when she has been playing great at this tournament. I always have my doubts about her opponent when she tries to go far in a Grand slam and then fails. So i think Konta at 11/8 paddy power to win is great value 

Also what do you guys think of Svitolina beating Keys as she is playing a lot better at these big events and I can see the match going to three sets at 7/4 paddy power

Edited by owenclass

10 hours ago, owenclass said:

Hi Czech punter

Why are the bookies making Johanna Konta an outsider against Pliskova when she has been playing great at this tournament. I always have my doubts about her opponent when she tries to go far in a Grand slam and then fails. So i think Konta at 11/8 paddy power to win is great value 

Also what do you guys think of Svitolina beating Keys as she is playing a lot better at these big events and I can see the match going to three sets at 7/4 paddy power

Both players are playing so well but I think Pliskova is a little better than Konta and she dominates the h2h by a huge 6-1 so that's why the odds are like these. 

I have not watched Svitolina so i can not talk about her but i have watched Madison a lot and i can say to you that she's in an excellent level. In Cincinnati she won against Muguruza, Kasatkina, Halep, Venus Williams, Kenin and Kuznetsova... that's impressive. She comes from another win against Kenin in straight sets. I repeat that i have not watched Svitolina but if i was forced to bet here will be Madison because she's playing excellent.

Kristie Ahn (+1.5 sets) to beat Elise Mertens at 2.09 with Pinnacle

I have no idea what these odds are all about. Sure, Mertens is the better player of the two, but they've met four times and Ahn has managed to win two of those encounters, so I think that she's going to be biting hard given her form.

Rafael Nadal (-2.5 sets) to beat Marin Cilic at 1.91 with Pinnacle

Fine margins here obviously, but Cilic doesn't seem to be in any sort of form to trouble Nadal. He's given up many break points against Isner and he's going to give up many more against Nadal, who I still see as the main favorite for the title.