Championship Predictions > Dec 22nd & 23rd

• StevieDay1983 changed the title to Championship Predictions > Dec 22nd & 23rd

Stoke vs Millwall

The Championship is an exciting prospect this week with plenty of action to consider at both ends of the table. In this game, it's play-off chasing Stoke up against a relegation-threatened Millwall in a 3pm kick-off at the Bet365 Stadium. On paper, this seems a done deal but is it naive from the bookies?

Stoke are on the surge right now. Gary Rowett has seen his team now go on an unbeaten run since 20th October of 9 league games. This run of results has propelled them up to 11th in the table and just 5 points off the play-off place having previously been more focused on looking behind them.

Millwall are not quite enjoying the highs of the last couple of seasons. Neil Harris and his men are sitting in a precarious position of 22nd place. The Lions are in the relegation zone on goal difference and only 5 points from the foot of the table. It's now 7 league games without a win for Harris's side.

Worryingly, Millwall have only won 1 of their last 9 visits to Stoke. It's 1 draw and 8 defeats in that spell. That stat won't be helped by the fact that Millwall have only picked up 3 points on the road this season and that is absent of any win. Their last win on the road was 10th April, 2018.

You have to fancy Stoke here at this price. Rowett's side are looking more organised and settled now. Millwall, in comparison, are an omnishambles. Every game without a win is a step closer to relegation. Right now, you'd have to say they're amongst the favourites for the drop. Their away form is terrible. No wins and less than a goal per game scored. Dark times for the Lions.

Stoke to Win @ 1.85 with Betfred

Stoke HT/FT @ 3.00 with Ladbrokes

@waynecoyne, @sajtion, @arvee, @canaries91, @Mindfulness, @betcatalog, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @CloughandTaylor, @Tiffy, @Gidds, @chris50, @PokerWolf1, @teddybear3011, @skyblues88, @allyhibs, @Icongene, @KikoCy, @willie82, @Neubs, @Papa Lazarou, @kulikTS, @Valkovets, @Pipoca, @padman, @Marek76, @silver fox, @neilovan, @HastGill1, @jazzman02, @andypaps28, @Kenton Schweppes, @rangers234, @newjack, @Kane91, @yossa6133, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @Xcout, @Wanderer89, @four-leaf, @trevor8, @OppoArchitizerLady, and @the bastardian, what bets are you all lining up this weekend?

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Championship

Blackburn have scored in each of their last 11 matches in Championship.
Norwich City have been undefeated in their last 10 matches in Championship.
Reading have failed to win in their last 6 matches in Championship.
73% of Middlesbrough's matches had under 2.5 goals in Championship.
Stoke City have scored 2 goals or more in each of their last 5 matches in Championship.
Millwall have failed to win in their last 7 matches in Championship.

You can find interesting 210 Football Betting Streaks for 22.12.2018 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-22-12-2018-12724

Hull vs Swansea

The second preview in the Championship this week is a game between two inconsistent sides in Hull and Swansea that will be played at the KCOM Stadium in a 5:30pm kick-off. Both sides are battling against the tide in the middle of the Championship table and it seems almost certain that both will continue to tread water this season. Who will come out on top here?

Hull have been uninspiring under Nigel Adkins. The Tigers are in 17th place and 5 points off the relegation zone. Every time they look like dropping down into trouble they manage to scrap some results together to keep above the water line. Adkins will be pleased to see the club's form on the up with it now being just 1 loss in their last 8 league games. Unfortunately, it's just 1 win in their last 3 home games but they have kept back-to-back clean sheets on home turf now.

Swansea are still knocking on the door of the play-offs against all odds. Graham Potter is managing the club with one arm tied behind his back but when he has a fully fit squad available they are competing with the best. The Swans are in 9th place and just 4 points off the play-offs but every time it looks like they'll get into the top six they falter. Three wins and four losses from their last 7 league games sums up their inconsistency.

The Swans have lost 6 of their last 7 encounters with Hull at the KCOM Stadium. Not exactly the best form to go into a game at a stadium. They have won their last two league games though so they'll come here full of confidence after breaking that three game losing spell.

It's a tough one to call and I'm not surprised the bookies are struggling to state a clear favourite. I think Swansea are gaining momentum again but every time they build ahead of steam they lose. Hull are a lot more defensively tighter at home and I think that could see them well here. I think I'm going to back Hull to win this one but I wouldn't be surprised if Swansea nick a draw.

Hull to Win @ 2.70 with BetVictor

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.91 with MarathonBet

Brentford FC v Bolton Wanderers

Brentford FC: Lewis Macleod (16/3 m), Emiliano Marcondes (3/0 m)

Bolton Wanderers: Craig Noone (17/1 m, suspended), Stephen Ireland (0/0 m, left the club)

Ipswich Town v Sheffield Utd

Ipswich Town: Grant Ward (12/0 m, illness, doubtful), Tom Adeyemi (0/0 m), Emyr Huws (0/0 m), Cole Skuse (19/0 m), Tayo Edun (6/1 d), Jon Walters (3/0 f)

Sheffield Utd: Kean Bryan (0/0 m), Leon Clarke (18/2 f)(both doubtful), Jake Wright (0/0 d)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Aston Villa vs Leeds

The Championship throws up a battle of the in-form sides this weekend when Aston Villa host Leeds for a 1:30pm kick-off this Sunday lunch-time. Both teams are in fine nick coming into this game and undoubtedly both teams will feel they can win this game.

Aston Villa have had their issues this season but under Dean Smith they looked a lot more effective playing attractive football. It's now 7 league games unbeaten for the Villains and they have moved up to 8th in the table and just 3 points off the play-off positions due to that run of results.

Leeds are in an even better position as one of the real success stories of this season. Marcelo Bielsa has led his side to the top of the league table with a frenetic style of play. Sceptics, including myself, wondered if the players could sustain such a high-tempo of play for the duration of the season but so far they seem to be doing that. The club has 45 points from 22 league games and have won the last 5 league games on the bounce including winning three by a 1-0 score-line.

Villa will come into this game in confident mood. Not only are they in decent form but they are also unbeaten against Leeds in their last three meetings. Both teams will believe they can score because no teams in the Championship have scored in more matches this season than the 21 matches that Villa and Leeds have done so.

This has the potential to be an epic game. It reminds me slightly of when Cardiff played QPR in the 2010/11 season. Both teams had superb firepower and it ended in a 2-2 draw. I think this could be the same. I'm backing the draw and both teams to score but anything could happen in this game. It's the Championship at its best.

Draw @ 3.60 with Betfred

BTTS @ 1.61 with RedZone

On 20/12/2018 at 1:00 PM, mrclubbie said:

Nottingham vs QPR

QPR has never won at City Ground - Lost 16, draw 11.

Record may continue to hold as Nottingham continues to push to reach the top 6 for a chance for promotion

I never like historic stats. What sort of relevance does a game have from 20, 30, 40 years ago? Is anyone else the same or is it just me? :lol

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Championship

Aston Villa have been undefeated in their last 7 matches in Championship.
28% of Leeds Utd's conceded goals occurred in the first 15 in Championship.
Aston Villa have scored 2 goals or more in each of their last 7 matches in Championship.
Leeds Utd have scored in 100% of their away matches in Championship.

You can find interesting 106 Football Betting Streaks for 23.12.2018 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-23-12-2018-12726