** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

2nd Qualifying Round Predictions > Jul 31st & Aug 1st

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Champions League

Spartak Trnava has under 2.5 goals in their last 6 games.
Dinamo Zagreb allowed opponents to score over 1.5 goals in last 13 games.
Sheriff scored in last 4 games.
Shkendija has over 2.5 goals in their last 4 games.
Hapoel Beer Sheva has over 2.5 goals in their last 3 home games.

You can find interesting 44 Football Betting Streaks for 31.07.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-31-07-2018-10673

Hapoel Be'er Sheva v Dinamo Zagreb

Hapoel Be'er Sheva (last season): Korhut (9/0 d), Pekhart (28/10 f, 2nd top scorer)(both transfer issues), Elhamed (23/1 d), Elo (17/0 d), Miguel Vitor (7/1 d), Kabha (11/1 m), Ben Bitton (20/0 d, doubtful)

Dinamo Zagreb: Benković (0/0 d), Majer (1/0 m), Kądzior (0/0 m), Šitum (1/0 f)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

How on Earth is Legia Warsaw a favourite in the 2nd leg is beyond me. Oh wait, I know: because they have to win! ;)

Legia got outplayed in the 1st leg by those who were supposed to be whipping boys who turned out to be playing with far more speed and creativity than the Warsaw outfit. Hence their deserved victory in the first leg. 

The only silver lining for Legia is the return to the squad of the core of their back 4, Michał Pazdan (Poland A starting XI). He played 70 minutes in the league game during the past weekend (won 2-1 away, coming back from a goal down). But it would take a brave man to put any money on the guests. If Spartak play with the same flair as they did in the 1st leg, they can easily control the game and avoid a defeat. 

lay Legia @ 2.24 BF

Rosenborg vs Celtic

The second leg match between Norwegian champions Rosenborg and SPL title holders Celtic is not necessarily a clash that is as clear cut as you may think with the two sides meeting in a 7:45pm kick-off this Wednesday night at the Lerkendal Stadion in Trondheim with the Scottish side holding a solid 3-1 aggregate lead.

Alexander Soderlund remains the biggest threat to Brendan Rodgers' side if this tie is to suffer a huge turnaround. However, given how dominant Celtic were in the first leg it's hard to see them surrendering their lead here. Rosenborg did get the vital away goal so an early goal from the club nicknamed The Troll Children could put the cat amongst the pigeons.

On the flip side, just one goal from Celtic could all but kill the tie. It would mean Rosenborg need at least three goals on the night to take anything from the game. Interim head coach Rini Coolen is in charge of a team that is not entirely convincing at home with 5 wins, 2 draws, and 1 defeat from their 8 league games on home turf so far.

Odsonne Edouard is the man doing the business for the Bhoys so it's worth checking him out for anytime scorer. He's scoring at a rate of a goal per game in the Champions League so far. I'm expecting Celtic to see this tie through. Rosenborg will give it a good crack. They might even get a result but I'm not convinced they can cut into this two-goal deficit. The Celtic firepower is too strong so they should score.

Celtic to Score First @ 1.85 with BetStars

Total Goals Scored Over 2.5 @ 1.95 with Bet365 

@vasilli07, @Xcout, @Icongene, @KikoCy, @DrBetter, @Duuc, @DrO, @immortal--, @Notorious, @betcatalog, @KingSoccertips, @discipline, @Pep004, @HastGill1, @ElPrincipito007, @salmonman, @DW_United, @allthethings, @MightyWell, @liamcorrigan86, @mijOsim, @dorleywilliams, @soccerprediction123, @jamiedavies02, @TOTTI3, @LePapo, @seifer365, @MPLouis, @Jack A, @JJG, @Pipoca, @neilovan, @wcz, @newjack, @matt-e-matticle, @EBTA, @cluelessG, and @WinningAdvice, what are you looking to bet on in these games?

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Champions League

Celtic won their last 6 games.
Kukesi has under 2.5 goals in their last 3 games.
Red Star scored over 1.5 goals in last 4 games.
Ajax has under 2.5 goals in their last 3 games.
Midtjylland has over 2.5 goals in their last 3 games.
BATE has over 2.5 goals in their last 6 away games.

You can find interesting 109 Football Betting Streaks for 01.08.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-01-08-2018-10676

5 hours ago, Marek76 said:

lay Legia @ 2.24 BF

Hope you managed to lay it off in the 2nd half with Legia down to 10 men. 

Spartak controlled the game and I reckon they were content with being one goal down which still got them trough to the next round. 

MOL Vidi - ludogorets 
Over 9.5 corners 
Odds: 1.92@bet365
Stake: 2/10

I can probably write a Phd thesis on why ludogorets (and the likes - teams with no fans, no history and shady, rich owners) are cancerous to football and my disdain for them is hard to hide, but for the sake of objectivity I'd do my best to present the facts as they are.

The Bulgarian champions have established themselves as a team that plays very well in Europe. For various reasons they have little to none problems winning the domestic league, so the group stages of the Champions league is the main objective for their egocentric owner. That's where the real money are and anything but a victory tonight would be considered a failure. 

In the first game all MOL Vidi could do is defend. Ludogorets were all over them and covered the corners' line by themselves (11:0 corners). Tonight I expect a similar game - the Hungarians defending and hoping for a lucky break on the counter attack, while ludogorets attack. Their wings are very fast and the midfielders are not afraid to try their luck from a distance. All this makes me believe that the corners will once again be plenty, thus going for that bet.

And from the bottom of my heart I hope somehow MOL Vidi manages to snatch up the victory (which is very unlikely).

Good luck.

5 hours ago, mtom said:

I can probably write a Phd thesis on why ludogorets (and the likes - teams with no fans, no history and shady, rich owners) are cancerous to football and my disdain for them is hard to hide, but for the sake of objectivity I'd do my best to present the facts as they are.

Re: MOL Vidi - Ludogorets - not related to betting!

I don't particularly like Ludogorets either but big football is big business, so if the owner is making money, then he's doing a good job. If we start black-listing "shady, rich owners", then we have to get rid of way too many of the biggest teams in Europe.

I am not sure that MOL Vidi is a good example of nice club - it's true that they have fans and history but their ownership is pretty shady. As far as I know, the owner is István Garancsi who is a close friend of the Hungarian Prime minister and has business interests in many areas, including oil and construction. He has been mentioned in scandals about the government securing cheap gas from abroad and allowing his company to sell it in Hungary; huge government contracts, etc. The main sponsor of the club is MOL, which is the local oil company - 25% of the shares owned by the state, which bought the shares from a Russian oil company. As you know, the Hungarian PM (another controversial character) is a fan of MOL Vidi and I am pretty sure he pulls a lot of strings in the club.

I used to work for a huge multi-national company with a factory in Szekesfehervar, where MOL Vidi is located. The company is bigger than MOL globally but of course its Hungarian business is much smaller than that of MOL. So the managers of this company explained to us that they would never sponsor a professional sports team. Instead they preferred to spend money on community projects. So they thought that their workers in Szekesfehervar would be happier if their kinds got a nice new public playground to play at and if the community got a new park instead of the company pouring the same amount of money into the local football club.

22 minutes ago, cluelessG said:

I am not sure that MOL Vidi is a good example of nice club - it's true that they have fans and history but their ownership is pretty shady.

Oh, absolutely. By no means I think MOL Vidi is much different in terms of sponsorship, government money flow, etc. Orban being in the first leg of the game says a lot too. It's just that I can't content myself from sharing how much I don't like ludogorets :lol

And I agree with you that "if the owner is making money, then he's doing a good job", but in the case of ludogorets one can argue how their owner started making money (I sense you are Bulgarian so you probably remember how they won their first titles, what control he has in the football union, how smaller teams are basically held hostage having the TV rights in his pocket etc.), but there is no need to dwell further because this is not the place and most of the guys reading this could easily get bored :lol Plus that wasn't my intention, I just wanted to share what I see as a value bet tonight.

Basel vs PAOK

2018, August 01, 20:00 hrs (CET Time)

Champions Legue Qualifiers

After the defeat in Greece 2-1 against PAOK, the team faces this game with a new technical director. The arrival of Alexander Frei instead of Raphael Wicky has already caused a change in the results, 1-1 draw against Xamax, match in which Basel was ahead in the score. The draw is the best result in his six games, while the rest were defeats, although three of them by 1 goal difference, in the other two were widely surpassed. Therefore, it is expected that the results will improve with the arrival of Frei.

Despite losing in the first leg, the team was able to score the only important shot they had to achieve a goal away, which in case of a draw in the global score could be the key to advance.

PAOK has not played another game after the first leg against Basel, the Greek league does not start until mid-August. But that did not affect them in the first game. PAOK will occupy his advantage and try to counterattack, something that in the first leg work. And although it is hoped that this can work again, I think the change in Basel will make this not so simple.

The team knows that this match can represent their first participation in the group stage of the Champions League. His reinforcements Leo Jaba and Yevhen Khacieridi gave a good performance in the first match.

It is expected a match where PAOK defends its advantage, and look for counterattacking to achieve something, but his bad aim does not help, 16 shots in the previous game only 2 goals, so it is not the effective weapon. The change in the technical direction is what makes Basel favor in this game, but with an average stake because it will be a close encounter.

Basel -0.25 with 6 units @ 1.70 at 1xBet

SK Sturm vs Ajax
2018, August 01, 20:30 hrs (CET Time)
Champions League Qualifying

Ajax took a 2-0 lead at the Johan Cruijj Arena in Amsterdam, where although they could not get a greater advantage at least they avoided the visiting goal of the Austrian team. A more even match was expected, but Ajax showed its constant flow of youth players, and now has to close the task.

The Sturm played the weekend in the Austrian Bundesliga and achieved a 3-2 victory that will give confidence for this game. Of the last five home games, the team has three wins with two defeats, except for the last game, the previous four were friendly. The Sturm usually give good home games in the Champions League, but that was at the beginning of the 2000s, the last participation was in 2011 where they won two of their three home matches.

For its part Ajax played a friendly against Konyaspor and lost 0-1, which together with the last 10 games played in the Champions League, the team won only one, with four draws, the most recent season passed against Nice, away goal saw Ajax eliminated. The team could use Daley Blind or Dusan Tadic in the attack, since they were not brought for nothing, in the words of coach Ten Hag.

For this game, I think that the best option is both scored, the Sturm must risk and is in need of scoring. While Ajax seek to take advantage of the counterattack, and took the away goal that puts them in the next round, yet simple will not be.

Both Teams To Score Yes with 7 units @ 1.62 at 1xBet

• StevieDay1983 changed the title to 2nd Qualifying Round Predictions > Jul 31st & Aug 1st