** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Premier League Predictions > Jan 20th - 22nd

eplratings.jpg

The next round of Premier League matches are due this coming weekend. It was a memorable past weekend with Arsenal suffering that shock defeat and Liverpool also finally ending Manchester City's unbeaten run. A few potential big winners coming up this weekend with no top-end clubs facing against each other. A few intriguing battles with teams struggling for form though. Have a check of the odds and ratings above then let us know your thoughts. I'll post some previews across the week so keep an eye out for those so you can give your reactions to my tips. :ok

Manchester City vs Newcastle

There is never a good time to play Manchester City this season but this could arguably be a worse time than any for Newcastle. Guardiola's side are very much a wounded lion after that shock 4-3 loss to Liverpool at Anfield. The league leaders will be keen to eradicate any suggestions of a wobble with immediate effect. Benitez's side are unbeaten in their last 3 league matches but they will be wondering how they didn't seal all three points against the Swans even though they survived a penalty shout and golden late chance by the away side to win it. Newcastle came so close to holding City to a draw when the two teams met less than a month ago. It wasn't a thriller with Benitez setting his side up to kill the game. This is very unlikely to be any different but the question will be whether Newcastle can survive without conceding for as long as they did at home? It'll be tough and it could well be asking for trouble against a City team that is keen to make amends in front of their home fans after last weekend. This game is lacking any real value but here are a couple of tips I think could come in.

Manchester City to win to nil @ 1.92 with BetVictor

Raheem Sterling Anytime Scorer @ 1.95 with Ladbrokes

@Mindfulness, @Pep004, @betcatalog, @sajtion, @andrewcalo, @Tiffy, @waynecoyne, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @Duke_Tm, @dogmeister, @Arkadi Manucharov, @derbent, @fat, @allyhibs, @6avin24, @discipline, @the bastardian, @Bronxie, @Bett@KikoCy, @teddybear3011, @markus808, @allthethings, @Kenton Schweppes, @vasilli07, @Dylan Lynch, @neilovan, @JKos, @zemo91, @jamiedavies02, @kulikTS, @mrclubbie, @Judeksi, and @AndreBR, what do you guys think ahead of these games this weekend? Got any thoughts on the game previewed above?

6 hours ago, KikoCy said:

Liking:

Everton win @ 2.25

West Ham win @ 2.00

Leicester win @ 1.80

On the road so won't have much time for analysis. 

Yeah, I have to agree that the prices for those three teams are really decent. I'm probably going to steer clear of Everton for a while until they re-discover a bit of form. West Ham and Leicester are solid enough though so at those odds they need to be considered. :ok

arsenal are currently very low quality and best to avoid them. crystal palace could be problematic for them and i just do not see arsenal having the edge to win. i think double chance on away team is decent bet

burnley are not in great shape at the moment. the sense of their earlier season form has worn off and could be vulnerable. i know they led 2-0 against man utd few weeks ago but this time i don't see it happening again. man utd should win this 0-3 especially since poga returned they are having a bit more creativity in midfield

leicester vs watford should produce btts as both love to push forward a lot. i don't think either side will try hold back

i am thinking everton, stoke, west ham on treble. £50 could return roughly £500. they all have home advantage and time to make it count

Southampton vs Tottenham

The reason I am focusing my attention on this game this weekend is purely down to the amount of success Tottenham have been bringing me. Pochettino has managed to steer his side through a rough patch just before Christmas. They are back knocking on the door of the top four and I wouldn't put it past them to finish in a Champions League berth. The combination of a tight defence and a prolific scorer is enough to go a long way. In this game, I expect Pochettino to add more pressure on his compatriot Pellegrino. Tottenham to win and I wouldn't be surprised if Kane adds to his scoring record against a Saints defence that has one of the worst records in the league.

Tottenham AH - 0.75 @ 1.87 with Bet365

Harry Kane Anytime Scorer @ 1.83 with Betfred

11 minutes ago, teddybear3011 said:

for Man United v Burnley FC  match on tomorrow, I would say there are more chances for it do be a draw than a win for any of the teams. They are both fighting hard till the end, so no team will give up. It's gonna be lit :D

Yeah, my gut instinct considered a 1-0 win for United but I really avoid betting against Burnley when they are playing at home. Their record against the better teams is impressive and makes them too unpredictable in a game like this.

FOOTALYCT - Providing short previews, missing players and betting suggestions on top 5 leagues! All other picks for 24th round of Premier League will be uploaded on https://footalyct.com/eng-premier-league-24th-round/

Everton v WBA; 16:00

Everton will miss goalkeeper Stekelenburg and defenders Baines, Coleman, Mori. Except for Baines, other three players are without a single match this season.

WBA will miss midfielders Chadli, Morisson while defenders Dawson and Hegazi will probably be fit for the match.

Short preview: I’ve been surprised with odds on Everton here. Last head to head match finished with 0-0 in West Bromwich and since then Everton lost 4 matches in a row! But except Bournemouth, opponents were Manchester United at home and Liverpool and Tottenham away. I cannot be too much surprised by those results, but I will be surprised to see them staying without 3 points this time on Goodison Park. They brought Theo Walcott from Arsenal and with already added Tosun, their attack will be stronger in the second half of the season. Adding experienced Rooney and Sigurdsson, I simply think that team of Big Sam will be too strong at home for poor WBA who is currently sitting on 19th spot with only 19 points and even though they added an important win against Brighton in last round, they are overrated from bookmakers this time in my opinion. I think that books are giving too big credits to the fact of Everton losing 4 in a row here. Price on Everton should be closer to 2,00 in my opinion. Therefore, a value is on Everton -0.5 at odds above 2,20!

Brighton v Chelsea FC

Brighton: Izzy Brown (13/0 f), Steve Sidwell (0/0 m)

Chelsea FC: Pedro (18/4 m, suspended), Alvaro Morata (20/10 f, top scorer, suspended), Gary Cahill (17/0 d), Cesc Fàbregas (20/1 m)

Arsenal v Crystal Palace

Arsenal: Ainsley Maitland-Niles (8/0 m, illness, doubtful), Olivier Giroud (15/4 f), Santi Cazorla (0/0 m)

Crystal Palace: Andros Townsend (22/1 m, doubtful), Ruben Loftus-Cheek (16/1 m), Jeffrey Schlupp (19/0 d), Scott Dann (17/1 d), Jason Puncheon (10/0 m), Mamadou Sakho (10/1 d), Connor Wickham (0/0 f)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Premier League

There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Bournemouth's last 6 games in Premier League.
Man City have won their last 10 home games in Premier League.
Chelsea have kept a clean sheet in 83% of their last 6 games in Premier League.
Man City are undefeated in their last 23 home games in Premier League.
There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Man City's last 10 home games in Premier League.

You can find interesting 68 Football Betting Streaks for 20.01.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-streaks-20-01-2018

19 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Yeah, my gut instinct considered a 1-0 win for United but I really avoid betting against Burnley when they are playing at home. Their record against the better teams is impressive and makes them too unpredictable in a game like this.

We'll see how they perform today. I understand where you're coming from, your point of view, and I would agree with you, but my instict is telling me it's gonna be a draw.

It's a Man Utd, Tottenham double this week for me, pays 2.69.

Burnley on a poor run of form and look to be slipping down the table after their early season heroics, Man Utd look improved with the return of Pogba and will be looking to make up for the 2-2 draw on boxing day. 

Harry Kane is on fire at the moment and that means one thing, Tottenham win. The double looks too easy :)

@StevieDay1983 I'm liking your Man City win to nil bet, Newcastle are in for a torrid time I think.

@sajtion I understand Everton and West Ham in your treble but I would never put my money on Stoke to beat anyone.

13 minutes ago, Bronxie said:

What’s the bet if you think a game is going to be draw but want the equivalent insurance of +1 on a ‘to win’ bet? Not necessarily low or high scoring. 

Do you mean to back a team to win or draw? That would be a Double Chance bet.

12 minutes ago, allyhibs said:

Do you mean to back a team to win or draw? That would be a Double Chance bet.

Not quite. I mean when you think there's only going to be a goal between the two teams either way.

So when you think a team is going to win but aren't sure you use +1 (in theory). What's the equivalent of thinking it's going to be a draw but allowing yourself a goal either side?

Hope that makes sense. Might not be a market in it.

1 minute ago, Bronxie said:

Not quite. I mean when you think there's only going to be a goal between the two teams either way.

So when you think a team is going to win but aren't sure you use +1 (in theory). What's the equivalent of thinking it's going to be a draw but allowing yourself a goal either side?

Ah, I see, I think I understand you but I can't think of a bet for this.

You want to back the draw and also want to back home win by 1 goal and also away win by 1 goal, is that correct?

I wouldn't think there's a market for that. I think to cover that it would take more than 1 bet.

9 minutes ago, Bronxie said:

Don't think there is a market for it. You can back the draw with a goal for 1 side (DC) but not both (I think)

3 minutes ago, allyhibs said:

Ah, I see, I think I understand you but I can't think of a bet for this.

You want to back the draw and also want to back home win by 1 goal and also away win by 1 goal, is that correct?

I wouldn't think there's a market for that. I think to cover that it would take more than 1 bet.

Yeah, you've got it mate.

So in my mind it's the equivalent of betting +1 when you fancy a team to win (giving yourself one goals-worth of insurance) but for when you fancy a draw.

Thanks for other replies - will play around with it!

2 minutes ago, Bronxie said:

Yeah, you've got it mate.

So in my mind it's the equivalent of betting +1 when you fancy a team to win (giving yourself one goals-worth of insurance) but for when you fancy a draw.

Thanks for other replies - will play around with it!

You've got me thinking about this now :ok

I wonder if you could cover 0-0, 0-1, 1-0, 1-1, 1-2 and 2-1 and make a profit on any of those outcomes. Interesting. Will investigate further but probably not today, not got time.

9 minutes ago, allyhibs said:

You've got me thinking about this now :ok

I wonder if you could cover 0-0, 0-1, 1-0, 1-1, 1-2 and 2-1 and make a profit on any of those outcomes. Interesting. Will investigate further but probably not today, not got time.

Yeah you easily can, for example West Ham v Bournemouth - 0-0, 1-1, 1-0, 0-1, 2-1, 1-2, £10 returns £18.50..

But then you would just be as well betting under 2.5 goals and 1-2 and 2-1, for £10 to return £15.26 and you can have 2-0 and 0-2 covered :)

Edited by capri

I quite fancy goals in the West Ham v Bournemouth game, over 2.5 goals. West Ham are on a decent run at the moment under Moyes, particularly with Arnautovic and Lanzini playing well, and Bournemouth will be up for this and confident after just beating Arsenal. Also the last time these two both played in the Premier League was just a short while ago in December and the match ended 3-3. 

In response to the @allyhibs and @Bronxie conversation, there's the winning margin markets but I think they only offer for one side. Not sure if you could request a special bet from a bookmaker. Here is the winning margin market for Manchester City vs Newcastle as an example...

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/man-city-v-newcastle/winning-margin

1 hour ago, StevieDay1983 said:

In response to the @allyhibs and @Bronxie conversation, there's the winning margin markets but I think they only offer for one side. Not sure if you could request a special bet from a bookmaker. Here is the winning margin market for Manchester City vs Newcastle as an example...

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/man-city-v-newcastle/winning-margin

That seems better. Back the draw and back each team to win by 1. could be on to something here lads. Could be the way to go tomorrow in the Hibs Hearts game.