** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Championship Predictions > Nov 17th - 19th

champratings.jpg

We have one of those annoying international breaks coming up now but it's never too early to look forward to the next round of Championship fixtures. Here are the odds and ratings already available. Give them a look and post us what tips you recommend to follow for these games.

@DW_United@sajtion, @MrToffee, @waynecoyne, @mrpudding, @Mindfulness, @Sir Puntalot, @betcatalog, @AndreBR, @mrclubbie, @neilovan, @Judeksi, @KikoCy, @Bett, @zemo91, @sm0kez, @Bronxie, @Duuc, @Dylan Lynch@Tiffy, @WinningAdvice@Kenton Schweppes@canaries91, @CloughandTaylor, @rangers234, @skyblues88, @allyhibs, @salmonman, @allthethings, @Icongene, @Tanktop, @waynecoyne, @kulikTS, @KingSoccertips, @Pipoca, @Neubs, @JKos, @silver fox, @luizcknc, @WiggoBets, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @myleftfoot, @willie82, @Bobby Vegas, @JJG, @Xtc12, @PokerWolf1, @kimboslajjs, @Bedlam, @Puntermk, and @MuineBheag.

Now that the previous round's games are out of the way we can focus on these matches. As a Cardiff fan, we are stuttering a bit with injuries. Our spine of the the team is basically shattered right now so we need the likes of Gunnarsson and Zohore back as soon as possible.

Brentford is going to be a very tough match. Given our injuries I would take a draw. If we can get key players back then we have to look to win it. It's going to be a massive next month or so for our squad. A number of players could find themselves being moved on after failing to impress. However, the core of our squad is doing great. We only need some tweaking but everyone is playing for their spot every week which is good.

Were gonna have to beat Reading because I can't see Sheff Utd slipping up. 

Not seeing much I like. Think Sunderland may get their first home win but wouldn't like to bet too much on it. 

Other than that not much I like. Barnsley could pull off a win at that price I reckon but some pure gambles in there this week.

Is there money to spend in January @StevieDay1983? I'm thinking Sheff will eventually slip away and Villa will come up strong. 

15 hours ago, PokerWolf1 said:

Were gonna have to beat Reading because I can't see Sheff Utd slipping up. 

Not seeing much I like. Think Sunderland may get their first home win but wouldn't like to bet too much on it. 

Other than that not much I like. Barnsley could pull off a win at that price I reckon but some pure gambles in there this week.

Is there money to spend in January @StevieDay1983? I'm thinking Sheff will eventually slip away and Villa will come up strong. 

My mate (a fellow Cardiff fan) and I agree that we think unless Sheffield United invest over January then they'll slip away. I'd still back them to make the play-offs. I have since the start of the season. Teams that win League 1 with a decent manager often compete the next year through momentum. I think they've done well but it's a long season. Can they keep up with the likes of us, Wolves, Middlesbrough, Aston Villa, and Derby? I think Bristol City are another one that might fade. That said, our squad isn't the biggest but we've still stayed up there despite being injury plagued for the last 2 months.

There's been no speculation about how much Warnock would have to spend in January and I can't imagine Tan will part with more than £1m - £2m. However, the reason we went up as champions a few years back was because we bought Fraizer Campbell in January. His goals proved crucial. We need a player to have a similar impact this season. Bogle has shown he can score when he's not getting sent off! Ward has shown potential but needs the games he won't get with Zohore here. I'd like to see more depth in midfield come in. I think we still need competition for Hoilett and Mendez-Laing out wide plus someone to back up Gunnarsson because we've missed him big time.

I agree though mate, I think you'll beat Reading. You're by far the best team in this division right now with the best squad. Going to take something miraculous to pip you to the title.

32 minutes ago, StevieDay1983 said:

My mate (a fellow Cardiff fan) and I agree that we think unless Sheffield United invest over January then they'll slip away. I'd still back them to make the play-offs. I have since the start of the season. Teams that win League 1 with a decent manager often compete the next year through momentum. I think they've done well but it's a long season. Can they keep up with the likes of us, Wolves, Middlesbrough, Aston Villa, and Derby? I think Bristol City are another one that might fade. That said, our squad isn't the biggest but we've still stayed up there despite being injury plagued for the last 2 months.

There's been no speculation about how much Warnock would have to spend in January and I can't imagine Tan will part with more than £1m - £2m. However, the reason we went up as champions a few years back was because we bought Fraizer Campbell in January. His goals proved crucial. We need a player to have a similar impact this season. Bogle has shown he can score when he's not getting sent off! Ward has shown potential but needs the games he won't get with Zohore here. I'd like to see more depth in midfield come in. I think we still need competition for Hoilett and Mendez-Laing out wide plus someone to back up Gunnarsson because we've missed him big time.

I agree though mate, I think you'll beat Reading. You're by far the best team in this division right now with the best squad. Going to take something miraculous to pip you to the title.

I'm not sure about Bristol. I went to the 3-3 at home they had with us and I was impressed. Could be a wild card but I must admit I don't know a lot about their squad. Might learn something more about them this set of fixtures. Sheff Weds is another one I think we will continue to rise now (imagine steel city playoff final!) and had they been a higher price I'd have took them against Bristol. 

Always liked Mendez-Laing when he was a kid down here. Glad he went on to prove himself at this level. Touch wood I think we will be fine as long as we sign a striker in Jan. Bonatini is absolutely brilliant but if he gets injured I would worry. I think we have loads of goals through out the midfield but we don't have another out and out striker or poacher currently comfortable at this level. The money is there 'for the right player' and we missed out on a £10m deal of PSV's Locadia in the final hour of deadline day after someone got injured and PSV pulled the plug. I would imagine we will go for something similar again in Jan.

1 hour ago, PokerWolf1 said:

I'm not sure about Bristol. I went to the 3-3 at home they had with us and I was impressed. Could be a wild card but I must admit I don't know a lot about their squad. Might learn something more about them this set of fixtures. Sheff Weds is another one I think we will continue to rise now (imagine steel city playoff final!) and had they been a higher price I'd have took them against Bristol. 

Always liked Mendez-Laing when he was a kid down here. Glad he went on to prove himself at this level. Touch wood I think we will be fine as long as we sign a striker in Jan. Bonatini is absolutely brilliant but if he gets injured I would worry. I think we have loads of goals through out the midfield but we don't have another out and out striker or poacher currently comfortable at this level. The money is there 'for the right player' and we missed out on a £10m deal of PSV's Locadia in the final hour of deadline day after someone got injured and PSV pulled the plug. I would imagine we will go for something similar again in Jan.

You went for Locadia? What a signing that would have been! I'll be interested to see what action you take in January. I'm also interested to see how Reading do between now and January. They've not built on last season as much as they'd have hoped. I started the season backing them a lot but avoid them at the moment.

i got a bad feeling for fulham this weekend. i think they will beaten by derby. their season has been inconsistent and they have become even worse lately. fulham has not wins in five and failed to score in previous two

millwall are winless away all season so surely sunderland will win afterall they are managing to score regularly

if birmingham doesn't win now after two week break i am totally boycotting their games in the future

i like the odds on wolverhampton to see off reading. the hosts bagged two wins recently but wolves to me have a bit of edge in quality.

On 15/11/2017 at 5:40 PM, sajtion said:

i got a bad feeling for fulham this weekend. i think they will beaten by derby. their season has been inconsistent and they have become even worse lately. fulham has not wins in five and failed to score in previous two

millwall are winless away all season so surely sunderland will win afterall they are managing to score regularly

if birmingham doesn't win now after two week break i am totally boycotting their games in the future

i like the odds on wolverhampton to see off reading. the hosts bagged two wins recently but wolves to me have a bit of edge in quality.

I really rate Rowett as a manager. I was impressed by him at Burton, he went even further up in my estimations at Birmingham, and now he's turning it around at Derby. I wouldn't be surprised if they get promoted one way or another this season. No idea what's happened to Fulham. They were my sure bet last season. Now, I stay clear of them!

I´m on Bolton Double Chance today. Preston before National Break out of Form and even not so Strong this Season in Deepdale. So also they are without there 2 best Scorrers Hugill and Maguire. So Preston isn´t a scoring Machine and thats why i think this is huge Blow for them.

Bolton on other Side without a Lose in last 5 Games. Also the break now maybe are good for them. Some Important Players are now back from Injury - like LeFondre or Wheater.

I can´t see them losing today. Maybe they will not win - but a Draw is possible. Bolton waiting since 33 Championship Away Games for a Win and in last 2 Games there was so near to win a Game. Conceding a late Goal in Sunderland and against Fulham they have Drawn the Game by Fulham scored in Extra Time.

Bolton AHC+0.5 @ 1.98 4/10 bet365

Bolton @ 4.33 1/10 bet365

Sunderland v Millwall FC

Sunderland: Ty Browning (9/0 d), Billy Jones (13/1 d)(both doubtful), Lamine Kone (11/0 d), James Vaughan (15/1 f)

Millwall FC: Jed Wallace (16/3 m, suspended), Shaun Williams (10/0 m), Byron Webster (10/0 d)

Fulham FC v Derby County

Fulham FC: Kevin Mcdonald (15/0 m, suspended), Sheyi Ojo (6/0 m), Lucas Piazon (2/1 f)

Derby County: Richard Keogh (15/0 d), Bradley Johnson (14/4 m), Joe Ledley (6/1 m), Johnny Russell (10/0 f)(all doubtful), Jason Shackell (0/0 d), Mason Bennett (3/0 f), Darren Bent (0/0 f)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

11 hours ago, Neubs said:

I´m on Bolton Double Chance today. Preston before National Break out of Form and even not so Strong this Season in Deepdale. So also they are without there 2 best Scorrers Hugill and Maguire. So Preston isn´t a scoring Machine and thats why i think this is huge Blow for them.

Bolton on other Side without a Lose in last 5 Games. Also the break now maybe are good for them. Some Important Players are now back from Injury - like LeFondre or Wheater.

I can´t see them losing today. Maybe they will not win - but a Draw is possible. Bolton waiting since 33 Championship Away Games for a Win and in last 2 Games there was so near to win a Game. Conceding a late Goal in Sunderland and against Fulham they have Drawn the Game by Fulham scored in Extra Time.

Bolton AHC+0.5 @ 1.98 4/10 >bet365

Bolton @ 4.33 1/10 >bet365

FT 0:0

Hull City vs Ipswich

Prediction: Over 2.5 Goals

Price: 8/11 (1.72)

Analysis: In the 17-th matchday of English Championship Hull hosts Ipswich. Both teams are scoring for fun this year so far and they have respectively 3,2 and 3,6 goals per game. From the 8 home games of "The Tigers" 7 have finished with over 2,5 goals. Speaking about "The Blues" 6 out of their 7 away games have finished with over 2,5 goals. Considering the above facts I think over 2,5 goals is the bet will win us some money with ease! Hull last 7 vs Ipswich at home : 3:0 , 2:1 , 2:2 , 3:1 , 1:0 , 3:1 , 2:5

Reading are a massive price at over 4 to one. They've started getting results recently and don't forget qpr beat wolves at home. Wolves may have a decent squad but not winning 100 per cent.

sheff wed as well to beat Bristol city... sheff wed seem to be getting back into form.. hopefully the international break hasn't halted it!

Birmingham is a horror story this season and the drama will continue today. Stockdale, Jenkinson (+ possible replacement Colin), Lowe and Vassall are all out due to injury.
Nottingham is really unreliable and has destoyed many bets for me over the years. But they are scoring goals quite consistently and won 4-0 against QPR in their last game so I will give them a punt.

Nottingham to win 2,74

Hull City really need a win today against Ipswich. Both team are frequent in high scoring matches and I dont think Ipswich will be afriad to go forward today either. I can see many goals in this game and I am leaning towards a Hull City win.

Hull - Ipswich over 2,5 goals 1,72

Edited by DW_United