** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

1st Qualifying Round Predictions > Jul 18th - 19th

AIK Fotboll v Shamrock Rovers

AIK Fotboll: Robert Lundström (5/1 d), Joel Ekstrand (0/0 d), Jesper Nyholm (0/0 d)

Shamrock Rovers: Brandon Miele (19/2 m), Sean Boyd (4/0 f)

NSI Runavik v Hibernian FC

NSI Runavik: Einar Tróndargjógv Hansen (10/1 d, suspended)(no info about injuries)

Hibernian FC (last season): John McGinn (35/5 m, doubtful), Paul Hanlon (36/2 d), Simon Murray (22/6 f, transfer issues)

FK Partizan v Rudar Pljevlja

FK Partizan (last season): Marko Janković (25/4 m, probably out), Nemanja Nikolić (f, newcomer), Marko Jevtović (27/6 m, left the club)

Rudar Pljevlja: no absences

Vardar Skopje v Pyunik FC

(Aleksandar Vasoski is new coach of Vardar Skopje after Boban Babunski left the club.)

Vardar Skopje (last season): Tigran Barsegyan (31/9 d, probably in), Victor Juffo (m, newcomer)

Pyunik FC (last season): Karlen Mkrtchyan (16/1 m, doubtful), Armen Manucharyan (26/0 d), Erik Vardanyan (20/4 m), Artur Kartashyan (26/0 d)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

It was good to see Rangers progress but it's not looking quite so positive for the other British and Irish teams in this stage of the competition. Glenavon did tremendously well to beat Molde 2-1 in their home leg but I really can't see them holding onto that lead. Derry City lost their first leg at home to Dinamo Minsk so they'll just be looking to keep it respectable in the second leg.

Coleraine could be worth a shout at home against Spartak Subotica. A draw out in Serbia in the first leg was a great result and they'll be looking to seal the aggregate win. Odds of 5.30 to win seem outrageous. I'm not necessarily saying they will win but a handicap at the very least seems tempting.

Shamrock Rovers have it all to do against AIK after losing the first leg at home. That should be a business-like win for the Swedish team. Connah's Quay defied belief by even making this competition so their 3-1 loss at home against Shakhtyor Soligorsk wasn't really a surprise. It could be an even worse night for them tonight. Backing the Belarus side to win by at least 2-3 goals seems fair.

Cliftonville had a tough tie against Danish club FC Nordsjaelland. They lost the first leg at home 1-0 and that was a spirited performance. I can't see them getting close to their opponents tonight. I think the Superliga team will sit back after a goal so could win 1-0 or 2-0 on the night to seal a comfortable two-legged victory.

Hibernian battered Icelandic side NSI Runavik in their home leg so it should be comfortable stuff in the away leg. I'm sure Neil Lennon will rest players so it might not be convincing but they should win on the night. Dundalk have also proved themselves to be a competent team in Europe over recent years. Their 1-0 away win against Estonian outfit FCI Levadia was standard. They should build on that at home so a -1 handicap at the absolute minimum is attractive.

@Xcout, what are you thinking for tonight's games?

@delfino, @KikoCy, @giraldi, @Icongene, @dogmeister, @rangers234, @Pipoca, @Notorious, @ElPrincipito007, @KingSoccertips, @vasilli07, @betcatalog, @immortal--, @DW_United, @discipline, @WinningAdvice, @arvee, @silverfox, @FrenchEskimo, @liamcorrigan86, @ElPrincipito007, @Neubs, @TOTTI3, @Simeon Borisof, @Charon84, @Magic0024, @Xcout, @arsenalfh, @BJO, @footballeye, @gamblerxxx, and @CloughandTaylor, what about you guys? Any bets in the pipeline?

A lot of speculation on tonight's games. Many sides have the advantage of having goals in favor and might relay on counterattacking, even going for scoreless draws, for some they will need a home victory to proceed. Many odds are not that appealing ranging from 1.10 to 1.47, as you well mention some away teams with Asian Handicap might be worth a shot due to the high odds, but will have to be consider on a case by case.

Personally I tend to stay away from negative handicaps, for example a -1 or -2 goals, as there might be no motivation for the team to go beyond the minimum margin victory.

I fancy Dinamo Tbilisi, as odds for home victory at 3.08, and it is what they need to qualify therefore with a medium small stake is worth the risk.

Also Prishtina home victorty at 2.30 after the scoreless draw in the first leg, they will look to take advantage of being home.

Very promising the Asian Handicap of +1 for Pyunick at 2.23, Vadar barely shoot in the first match and now Pyunick could laid back and wait for them, making it more difficult for Vadar.

I just do not understand the bookies odds for Niedercorn, they won the first leg and Qabala needs to score two to force extra-time. For me Niedercorn could take advantage of that, and a huge 3.20 for the home victory should be worth the risk.

I have put some money on OFK Titograd to beat B36 Torshavn @1.31. Low odds but it reflects the difference in class and the must win situation for the home side. I do belive OFK Titograd is the much better team. Their coach was not happy that they failed to win in the first leg (it finished 0:0 and I had a bet on OFK Titograd -0.25) but he stressed that they will be patient today and happy with any win. He pointed out how hard it was for the big favourite Crvena Zvezda to get a home win against Spartaks yesterday.

Runavik v Hibernian.

After last weeks easy win, you would think Hibs would rest a few players and just stroll through this game as it's already done and dusted. I don't think Neil Lennon is treating it like that though.

It looks like we'll be fielding a full strength side tonight, Lennon is treating these games as pre season training to get everyone up to speed quickly, I'm going to wait till the team is announced but if it is strong as I expect then Hibs to win both halves @ 3.50 looks serious value.

I'll come back here when the teams are announced :ok

A really crazy round!

- Derry City winning against Dinamo Minsk.

- Runavik tying 3-3 at halfime with Hibernian

- Shamrock Rovers winning at away with an 15.00 odd.

- Dinamo Tbilisi losing after leading 1-0 at halftime.

-Also Titograd experience the same fate as Dinamo Tbilisi.

On the positive side, Pyunick not only make good the handicap but won the match with an 9.00 odd. 

Some days are good, others just to be forgotten.