** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

UK Football Predictions > Sep 22nd - 24th

champratings.jpg

league1ratings.jpg

league2ratings.jpg

splratings.jpg

scotschampratings.jpg

Here are the odds and ratings for this coming weekend's UK football with full schedules from the Championship, League One, League Two, SPL, and Scottish Championship. Give us your thoughts. Especially those of you, like us Cardiff City fans, that no longer have a vested interest in the EFL Cup! :lol

@DW_United@sajtion, @MrToffee, @waynecoyne, @mrpudding, @Mindfulness, @Sir Puntalot, @betcatalog, @AndreBR, @mrclubbie, @neilovan, @Judeksi, @KikoCy, @Bett, @zemo91, @sm0kez, @Bronxie, @Duuc, @Dylan Lynch@Tiffy, @WinningAdvice@Kenton Schweppes@canaries91, @CloughandTaylor, @rangers234, @skyblues88, @allyhibs, @salmonman, @allthethings, @Icongene, @Tanktop, @waynecoyne, @kulikTS, @KingSoccertips, @Pipoca, @Neubs, @silver fox, @luizcknc, @WiggoBets, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @myleftfoot, @willie82, @Bobby Vegas, @JJG, @Xtc12, and @MuineBheag.

9 hours ago, allyhibs said:

Get on Celtic before the odds drop, I expect the price to drop down to around 1.50. They are on a completely different level to Rangers and could easily go to Ibrox and win by a big margin. Celtic at 1.95 is a gift.

Close family friend of mine Declan John making his debut in that game for Rangers... I'm not sure I can bring myself to bet against him in such a big game... but I'd probably back you and urge others to take advantage at that price! :lol

2 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Close family friend of mine Declan John making his debut in that game for Rangers... I'm not sure I can bring myself to bet against him in such a big game... but I'd probably back you and urge others to take advantage at that price! :lol

Well, now I hope he plays well but ends up on the losing side :ok

Price has dropped already to 1.83. Still value.

Shrewsbury continued their impressive early season form with another narrow victory, this time bottom team Oldham last weekend. They were somewhat fortune to nick a 2-1 win against an improving Oldham side and Oldham’s 18 shots to Shrewsbury’s 11 pays homage to this. Oldham hitting the post when it was easier to score at 1-1 meant Shrewsbury were able to hold on for their 7th win in 8 games. Interesting every single or of those wins has been by 1 goal. They’ve also conceded as many shots on their goal as they’ve had on the oppositions so whilst they are converting their chances at the moment, you have to wonder when this will catch up with them. Those stats certainly lead me to thinking that their dominance of teams isn't typical of a team with 22 points from their first 8 games. It must be noted that they’ve won all 4 at home this season with three of those being 1-0’s – the most impressive being against a strongly fancied Wigan side.

Shrewsbury come up against a Blackburn team that has yet to get fully up and going this season. A surprising home defeat at the weekend to AFC Wimbledon saw them lose their third game in seven and end a run of 4 consecutive wins. Their away form has been good since defeat in their first game of the season at Southend and they've gone on to record impressive wins at Bradford, Rochdale and Scnuthorpe – all of which have been achieved with clean sheets – so they shouldn’t feel daunted by taking on a team with such impressive early season form. When you look behind the actual results you’d be surprised to see Shrewsbury keep up their current form and I think they’ll face a tough test against a Blackburn team that has been impressive on the road.

Whilst I strongly fancy Blackburn to win this one, the 2.44 on offer from Marathon is probably a fair price given Shrewsbury’s very good start and good home record. I will however still be backing Blackburn to take the 3 points here in what will probably be a tight, low scoring affair.

Brentford seem too short for me being priced at a best priced 2.14 to beat Bolton away. Both teams are winless so far in the league so I’m not sure how Brentford can be priced so short. A lack of confidence for both teams has to be a factor here and Brentford are in a completely different situation to Middlesbrough who turned Bolton over a fortnight ago at a best priced 2.2. Whilst that result would have impacted on the odds offered now I don’t feel comfortable backing a team at 2.14 who have yet to win in 8.

Admittedly Brentford’s performances have probably warranted a win so far whereas Bolton’s winless run is probably a fairly true reflection of their performances. They’ve failed to score in 5 of their 8 games and have only scored 2 in their last 7. In terms of shots it’s 81 vs 86 against them so the fact they’ve conceded 16 and only scored 4 shows that they’ve got problems at both ends of the pitch.

I think Brentford have still got a better side and would still make them favourites but with home advantage I think the odds should be a bit closer together. I fully expect Brentford’s form to change soon but just think they are a bit too short here. Bolton are 3.6 to win with Marathon Bet but probably a more sensible bet would be to cover them with DNB @ 2.64, again with Marathon Bet.

my best selections for the weekend

luton - i've said before luton have the firepower to blaze through this league and since they have managed to string two wins in a row i'm surely they can make it three especially at home vs struggling chesterfield

barnet - barnet have picked up some good results recently and have managed to get 9 times on the scoresheet in last 4 games. i expect them to score here and crawley are very poor travellers

newport - newport needs to bounce back strongly after poorly defeat against morecambe and there is no better place to redeem themselves than at home and grimsby are beatable opposition.

blackpool - only going with the form blackpool has shown so far who are going along nicely unbeaten in 7. bristol rovers are volatile defensively and have got beaten by top ten sides and this one should be another 

bradford -  i suspect northampton approach will be defensively and probably try limit bradford to few chances and get a point but i think bradford are the best side in this division and if anyone has quality to win against hasselbaink negative northampton it's them so hoping for a narrow win

chelsea - chelsea played a reserve side in the cup and won convincingly. conte rested morata and few others. i just don't think this stoke team has the skill level to outwit this chelsea side or master tactician conte. it's another win for chelsea

everton - difficult place to go and get results. everton got just what they needed in the cup and they need another good performance to please the home fans. it's not difficult to see it with home advantage

burnley - burnley beat chelsea and got point against tottenham and liverpool in past few weeks. it's not bad for them and in this fixture they have had some joy in the past. huddersfield started the season well but are now coming back down to earth and realistically will struggle to stay up

man utd - i looked at this match and thought this is tight defense of southampton vs man utd excellent attack. you need to score in premiership and southampton failed to get on scoresheet against swansea, watford and crystal palace. man utd has so many options up front that sooner or later they will break through.

reading - hull is being ratted by some teams right now after bright start. i just don't see them bossing this game. reading a due a deserving home match victory and this one could be it

leeds - i just got to back the home side to come though this one and to recapture their great form again. leeds didn't concede goal since 12 august before their first narrow loss a week ago.

stake £15      returns £12.000

Derby to beat Birmingham are a decent price ... reckon derby will get back on track. If they don't beat Birmingham at home won't be good for them after two losses.

charlton at home to bury.. again reckon charlton will get back on track  .

qpr I'm a little worried about burton.. said the same with millwal. These kind of teams we struggle to put away and can see btts and hopefully a 2-1 qpr win!

Tough game for Cardiff this weekend. Sunderland haven't won any of their last six league home games where as Cardiff have only lost one of their last six. We need to get a positive result otherwise we risk sinking into a bit of a rut. My main concern right now is that Zohore's agent has been flapping his gums after it was revealed we turned down a £17m bid for the striker on transfer deadline day. Clearly, the agent is gutted at missing out on a multi-million pound cut so he's waged PR war on the club. It's obviously affecting Zohore so unless he finds his form again we are going to struggle to score goals. We can't keep relying on our attacking midfielders. Personally, if Zohore isn't firing on all cylinders in training I'd hope that Warnock would give Ward or Bogle a go up top.

I would take a draw here. It's a long trip for us and we've looked poor over the past two games. Definitely need a result and I'm sure Warnock will drill that into the guys. I'd probably back a draw under 2.5 goals if I was pushed.

Fulham versus Middlesbrough is the one I'm tempted by. Long way for Boro to travel and Fulham have been unlucky this season so far. Going to be tough to beat at home. 

My treble for the weekend,

Charlton are looking like they are going to be serious title contenders this season while Bury on the other hand are a team in trouble. Charlton will be way to strong for relegation bound Bury.

Oldham have not been out of the relegation zone this season and I can't see that about to change, Rotherham are banging in the goals playing some really good football at the moment. Away win.

Swindon to win away at Forest Green, Rovers have lost there last four league games. Swindon having quite an indifferent season so far but a win at Forest Green is likely.

Sunderland v Cardiff City

Sunderland: Aiden McGeady (5/1 m), Marc Wilson (3/0 d), John O'Shea (2/0 d)(all doubtful), Lewis Grabban (7/3 f, top scorer), Duncan Watmore (0/0 m), Josh Maja (0/0 f), Paddy McNair (0/0 m)

Cardiff City: Callum Paterson (0/0 d), Lee Camp (0/0 g), Kadeem Harris (0/0 m), Rhys Healey (0/0 f)

Aston Villa v Nottingham F.

Aston Villa: Scott Hogan (7/0 f), Henri Lansbury (4/0 m), Mile Jedinak (1/0 m), Keinan Davis (5/1 m), Andre Green (5/1 m)(all doubtful), Tommy Elphick (0/0 d, suspended), Jack Grealish (0/0 m), Rushian Hepburn-Murphy (0/0 f)

Nottingham F.: David Vaughan (4/0 m, doubtful), Chris Cohen (1/0 m), Matty Cash (0/0 m), Jamie Ward (0/0 f)

Peterborough v Wigan Athletic

Peterborough: Callum Chettle (0/0 m)

Wigan Athletic: Nick Powell (7/4 m, top scorer, doubtful), Sam Morsy (8/1 m, suspended), Craig Morgan (0/0 d), Shaun MacDonald (0/0 m), Christian Walton (4/0 first goalkeeper)

Rochdale v Gillingham

Rochdale: Joe Thompson (0/0 m)

Gillingham: Billy Bingham (3/0 m, doubtful), Lee Martin (7/0 m, suspended), Scott Wagstaff (6/0 d), Bradley Garmston (0/0 m), Aaron Morris (0/0 d)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

On ‎19‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 6:04 AM, allyhibs said:

Get on Celtic before the odds drop, I expect the price to drop down to around 1.50. They are on a completely different level to Rangers and could easily go to Ibrox and win by a big margin. Celtic at 1.95 is a gift.

And there it is. Odds on Celtic are now 1.50. Will it go lower?

Good start to the day with Celtic cruising to a predictable win.

I was impressed with Motherwell last week, best team I've seen us play so far this season, gave us a really good game and deservedly came back to win a share of the points. Ross County will be an easier game for us today and I would be very disappointed with anything less than a win. Hibs at 1.95 is my bet of the 3 o'clock games.

2 wins from 2 so far this weekend, going for a third.

With Motherwell giving Aberdeen a 3-0 going over just 5 days ago, the bookies prices on todays game just make no sense. Aberdeen have been a bit hit or miss so far this season while Motherwell impressed me last week at Easter Road. Louis Moult up front is a very good player, a constant goal threat and if he can hit the net today I can't see Motherwell losing this. I'll have a wee dabble on the home win at 4.20 but Motherwell +1 at 1.91 is ridiculous value.