** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Championship Predictions > Jan 1st

Stoke City v Bristol City

Stoke City: Erik Pieters (20/2 d, doubtful), Ibrahim Afellay (0/0 m)

Bristol City: Marley Watkins (15/2 m), Nathan Baker (10/0 d)(both doubtful), Korey Smith (2/0 m), Liam Walsh (6/0 m)

Blackburn Rovers v West Bromwich

Blackburn Rovers: Amari’i Bell (19/0 d, illness), Ryan Nyambe (18/0 d)(both doubtful), Craig Conway (10/0 m), Ritchie Smallwood (25/0 m, suspended), Dominic Samuel (2/0 f), Ben Gladwin (0/0 m), Jacob Davenport (0/0 m)

West Bromwich: Jay Rodriguez (25/12 f, 2nd top scorer, suspended, pending appeal), Dwight Gayle (21/13 f, top scorer)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Brentford vs Norwich

The one game that stands out for me on New Year's Day is this clash between Brentford and Norwich at Griffin Park in a 3pm kick-off. Both sides failed to win their previous games in the festive period so will be looking to start 2019 with a win here. Who will prevail victorious?

Brentford have long been a source of profit for me since the departure of Dean Smith to Aston Villa. It was only the shock 1-1 draw against West Brom that saw them deny me I think. So I'm going to bet against them again here. The Bees are now in the midst of a run of results that has brought just 1 win in the past 9 matches. It's seen the club drop to 18th in the table and just 5 points above the relegation zone.

Norwich are arguably the surprise package of the season and Daniel Farke's side will believe they can win this one. The Canaries are 2nd in the table and 3 points behind league leaders Leeds. A disappointing 4-3 defeat to Derby at home that saw them leading 3-2 with minutes left before floodlight failure disrupted the game prevented them from moving level on points with the top placed side.

This match is backed by statistics that can give both sides confidence. Norwich have kept a clean sheet on each of their last three visits to Griffin Park. The Canaries have also won 10 of the last 15 encounters between these two sides. Not a bad record to have against an upcoming opponent. Norwich are also on a run of 10 away league games unbeaten in the league.

However, they should be wary. Brentford have never lost a league match at Griffin Park played on New Year's Day. That's 6 wins and 4 draws to date. Norwich are also winless in their last 6 away league games that have been played on New Year's Day. Not necessarily the best of omens going into this game.

I think this Norwich side will be seething coming into this game after the circumstances that surrounded their defeat the other day. Farke's men will be keen to put things right and they're up against a Brentford side that aren't exactly the most difficult of opposition post-Smith era. It'll be tight but I can see a Norwich victory. Back the draw no bet option if you're not quite as confident as me.

Norwich to Win @ 2.90 with Bet365

BTTS @ 1.62 with Sport Nation

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Championship

Norwich City have scored 40% of their goals after the 75th minute in Championship.
Hull City have won their last 4 matches in Championship.
Brentford have scored in 92% of their home matches in Championship.
68% of Bolton's matches had under 2.5 goals in Championship.
Leeds Utd have scored in 100% of their away matches in Championship.
32% of Preston's conceded goals occurred after the 75th minute in Championship.
Bristol City have been undefeated in their last 7 matches in Championship.

You can find interesting 53 Football Betting Streaks for 01.01.2019 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-01-01-2019-12850