** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Europa League Final > May 24th

europaleague.jpg

The Europa League final is scheduled for a week next Wednesday with Dutch side Ajax taking on English club Manchester United. The winners will automatically qualify for the Champions League next season. Given Ajax appear to be set to qualify for the Champions League via their league position it could well mean more to United. Especially if Ajax end up winning the Eredivisie title.

@delfino, @KikoCy, @giraldi, @Icongene, @dogmeister, @rangers234, @Pipoca, @Notorious, @ElPrincipito007, @KingSoccertips, @vasilli07, @betcatalog, @immortal--, @DW_United, @discipline, @WinningAdvice, and @CloughandTaylor, what are you guys thinking for this game?

• 2 weeks later...

I was talking to a Manchester United fan (I say that, it was a valleys boy who has liked United all his life... I just can't get on with these plastics!) earlier in the week and he was typically arrogant. Claiming Ajax are a two man team with Klaasen and Dolberg. Absolutely clueless. Fortunately for them, Mourinho will not under-estimate this Ajax team but it'll be tough. Victory in extra time or penalties... wouldn't it be typical for United to draw over 120 minutes then claim a Champions League spot on pens! Sums up their season.

AFC Ajax v Manchester United

AFC Ajax: Lasse Schöne (27/7 f, probably in), Nick Viergever (29/2 d, suspended), Daley Sinkgraven (24/1 m)

Manchester United: Eric Bailly (24/0 d, suspended), Ashley Young (12/0 m), Zlatan Ibrahimovic (28/17 f, top scorer), Marcos Rojo (21/1 d), Luke Shaw (11/0 d)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Mourinho's logic is the right defensive function, keeping zero in the defense and in front of it will get some goals, in the last seven matches he gave to the institution was under three goals. In a final it's all open, but Manchester United is well versed in Ajax with many young players, and Mourinho is back in the same position and knows how to prepare his team. The conquest by the English men is very low and there is no value, so I will go with the few goals, because I do not think any team risk too, but Manchester makes very small scores
AJAX AMSTERDAM vs MANCHESTER UNITED @@+2.50 Under, odds 1.66

I don't see United struggling in this game. I have a feeling that Pogba is going to step up and produce a really terrific display. Say what you like but Ajax play in a second tier league. You simply can't compare the Eredivisie and the Premier league. In away games in the league Ajax won 2 of 7  *against the top 7 teams). They scored more than a goal just once, against AZ, who are an open team that defends badly.

United just need to be positive and play on the front foot. If they play a similar style to the Chelsea game (high pressing and more energy), they win this 2 or 3-0.

On 22/05/2017 at 7:09 PM, andrewcalo said:

Odds seem wrong on this - Ajax are a strong young team - with Man U's injuries and relative dip in form the lines seem wrong - on purpose by the bookies maybe?

this thread should be renamed will Man U shit the bed on Wednesday night?

Andrew I can't believe I'm hearing this from you, you've had such an objective and unbiased view of Man Utd up to this point.

Ajax just let too many in away from home and Jose knows how to win these type of games. I think United now at Evens is too good a price. I'm going to take united here and also have a little outside punt at 3-1. 

Man United to beat Ajax Evens Various
Man United to win 3-1 18/1 Paddypower

Word on the street is that after the game the Man U squad had a big gay sex orgy in their dressing room as celebration - crutches and all.

Jose forgot to buy biscuits so Shrek was substitute for the hob nob.

Edited by andrewcalo