UK Week > Apr 25th - 30th

champratings.jpg.669a249dac5596e57eba0f0

league1ratings.jpg.a6b100a7b5ced14f78e63

league2ratings.jpg.fe5f3c4e4802762ce0f82

splratings.jpg.8a52803b2963baeb50ca47fac

It is a scattered week of fixtures without enough games to warrant creating a midweek thread so I've thrown them into an extended week-long one. It is the penultimate week of action in the Championship and there is still a lot to be decided. Brighton and Newcastle have been confirmed as the two automatically promoted sides but who will secure their places in the play-offs? One from Reading, Sheffield Wednesday, Huddersfield, Fulham, and Leeds will miss out with Leeds firmly the underdogs right now. Huddersfield can secure their place in the play-offs with a win against Wolves tonight. At the other end of the table, Rotherham have gone, Wigan are on the brink, and then it's a fight realistically between QPR, Nottingham Forest, Birmingham, and Blackburn to avoid that last relegation spot. Whoever goes, they are going to be a big casualty!

It is the final week of League One action with Sheffield United already crowned champions and the fight for the second automatic promotion spot going down to the wire with Bolton simply needing to avoid defeat to seal their spot in the Championship next season. Even a loss would be ok if Fleetwood fail to win. One of those two will drop into the play-offs along with Scunthorpe, Bradford, and one of Millwall, Southend, and Rochdale. At the other end of the table, Chesterfield, Coventry, and Swindon have already been relegated and Port Vale will effectively need a win tonight to keep their realistic hopes of survival alive and draw Gillingham into a last day fight for survival.

League Two enjoys its penultimate week of action too. Doncaster, Plymouth, and Portsmouth have sealed their promotion places. The play-offs have less clarity. Luton have effectively sealed their spot in the play-offs due to their superior goal difference. However, the remaining three spots are still up for grabs for any team down to 14th place. At the other end of the table, Leyton Orient have tragically been relegated already and they will be joined by one of Hartlepool, Newport, Cheltenham, or Yeovil.

In the SPL, Celtic are already champions but the European places are still being hotly contested as the league splits into two. The relegation battle is also wide open but things are looking increasingly more grim for Inverness. In the Scottish Championship, Hibernian creep ever closer to their championship title and the play-off spots seem destined to go to Falkirk, Dundee United, and Morton.

The League of Ireland fixtures have not been released yet due to the solitary midweek game but these will be updated when the odds become available later on in the week.

So what do we think guys? 

@sajtion, @andrewcalo, @Mindfulness, @Sir Puntalot, @betcatalog, @AndreBR, @mrclubbie, @neilovan, @Judeksi, @KikoCy, @Bett, @zemo91, @sm0kez, @Bronxie, @Duuc, @Dylan Lynch, @Tiffy, @WinningAdvice, @Kenton Schweppes, @canaries91, @CloughandTaylor, @rangers234, @skyblues88, @allyhibs, @salmonman, @allthethings, @Icongene, @Tanktop, @waynecoyne, @kulikTS, @KingSoccertips, and @MuineBheag?

What do you guys think about Huddersfield tonight? Im not impressed with Wolves and like the odds on a win for Hudds.
But im not convinced since Huddersfield have been unpredictabel lately. Is there any value? Does Wolves have any motivation except playing for the home crowd?

I've been following you guys for a long time ..   Great info thnx Stevie ...  Picked out a few matches that stands out with regards to having better odds and the importance of the games .. Need your expert opinions about these games .

Saturday games only .

Stevenage , Blackpool , Wycombe , Cheltenham - Hartlepool btts. ,   Ipswich - Shef.  Utd. Btts. ,  Blackburn , Reading

15 hours ago, allyhibs said:

C'mon @StevieDay1983 keep up.

Hibs won the title 2 weekends ago :ok

Jesus Christ, it's 10 teams in Scottish Championship, not 12! Despicable behaviour from me there! :loon

It's permutation central at the moment so I just got confused. Congratulations are in order then! :cheers :lol

Everything points to goals in the Hibs v Raith game tonight.

Having sewn up the title already, Hibs can relax a bit and just enjoy a game of football, no pressure. Raith desperately need the points so I think will come and play a bit more open than usual, could be a good game. Over 2.5 goals at 2.00 looks nailed on to me.

Accrington v Luton

Can't have Luton joint favourites here considering all known form. Accrington are way too strong at home and arguably more to play for in this match, so I'm stunned to see them at the prices they are being offered at, but gladly taken.

Accrington Draw No Bet @ 1.83 Bet365

Morecambe v Wycombe

Morecambe have had troubles all season, but either way they've been poorer at home than away and their season is done now. Wycombe have everything to play for to get into the playoffs, so this is an obvious choice but a strong bet regardless.

Wycombe Win @ 1.73 Bet365

Well, seeing as Cardiff didn't manage to win the title for Brighton tonight, we will jus have to win it our bloody selves!

BRIGHTON V BRIZZLE

Brighton win

The game marks the 20th anniversary since the last ever game at the Goldstone. The programme costs a fiver, the pies have the premier league logo on & the opera singer is back for a pre match sing song.

Everyone gets a free flag too.

Lets bend these Geordies over, and shove this title where the sun don't shine!

Edited by Tiffy

Reading FC v Wigan Athletic

Reading FC: Joey van den Berg (26/0 m), Stephen Quinn (7/0 m)(both doubtful), Sandro Wieser (0/0 m), Callum Harriott (12/1 m), Paul McShane (29/3 d), Deniss Rakels (2/0 f), Danzell Gravenberch (2/0 d)

Wigan Athletic: Omar Bogle (12/3 f, probably in), Jake Buxton (39/1 d, doubtful), Alex Gilbey (15/2 m), Jakob Haugaard (8/0 g), Will Grigg (33/5 f, 2nd top scorer), Reece James (0/0 d), Andy Kellett (5/0 d), Donervon Daniels (1/0 d)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Some very rare value around today in my opinion and not what we tend to see at this stage of the season, going to break with tradition and have a few pokes.

Going to list the odds and bracket the computer odds of the games of interest below, any win bet that looks optimistic will hopefully be covered by LAYS of the teams at poor odds.

Birmingham 2.55. (3.45) v Huddersfield 2.4. (3.0)

Lay Brum @ 2.56 BF.

Birmingham made a poor decision to sack Rowett and matched it with the choice of Redknapp for final three games, a proper lay despite home advantage. Both teams have all to play for so have to come down on the side of seasonal performance.

Blackburn 2.1. (2.66) v Aston Villa 3.9. (3.1)

Lay Blackburn @ 2.12 BF.

Blackburn impressed me at Forest two weeks ago, shutting up shop and scoring with a dead ball situation to win 1-0, not performed like that since so just one win in last six is reason enough to lay them despite home advantage.

Villa were so poor not so long ago, even the home fans were tired of the excuses from Bruce but have seen the upturn in form that such an expensive squad should be achieving. 

Brighton 1.6. (1.59) v BristolC 7.0. (7.0)

Brighton WIN@ 1.6.

No explanation required as Brighton really want this one and at value odds on all known form tables, and the fact that they have been the best in the division all season.

QPR 2.52 (2.52) v Forest 3.15 (3.6)

Forest WIN @ 3.15.

QPR on a run of six straight defeats and would have been in real trouble had this run started a few games earlier, many of us thought that the punishment for breaking FFP rules should have seen them relegated to the conference instead of promotion to the EPL a few years back, as Leicester should have been with the administration scam that ensured promotion to the EPL sixteen years ago.

Forest are recently out of embargo after three years for a lesser breach of the rules that also saw Leeds and Blackburn punished, all three clubs having paid a high price for not being able to reduce the wage bill. Blackburn may indeed suffer the biggest penalty and will sadly compound this sad situation of inconsistent punishment due to the corrupt nature of the game in recent years.

Warburton will have Forest ready for this as last week`s win over Reading has given us a great chance of survival against the odds in another season of poor ownership decisions and another three managers. Forest have now beaten six of the seven top sides with one draw despite all of this, and would be a poor show not to get something from this all important game today after putting themselves in with such a live chance.

Reading 1.84 (1.71) v Wigan 4.6 (6.0)

Reading WIN 1.84.

Reading really need three points at a real price here after the defeat last week, while Wigan are just poor and missing key players.

Good luck today fellas.

Edited by CloughandTaylor

@StevieDay1983

Great info there. I'll be going with some of the games that mean something instead of the so called dead rubbers.

- BRIGHTON - Brighton to beat Bristol City at home to be crowned champions. 

- SHEFF UTD - Sheff Utd already won the league and Chesterfield bottom. But if Sheff Utd win they will break the 100 point mark. 

- BOLTON - Bolton to beat Peterborough to guarantee automatic promotion. 

i'll try my luck with this accumulator 

fulham - have been pushing for play offs for long time and should secure it with a victory

preston - they still have best home form in league and should get the goals and beat the poor visitors

sheff wed - five wins in a row makes them likely to win this match also and secure play offs

birmingham - they need to get three points to stay safe from the drop. huddersfield were leaking many goals before securing play offs in midweek and i don't think they will be up for this one. they could lose by few goals

doncaster - it's all about who lifts the title but should finish season on a high at home

plymouth - they should win their last home match, motivation should still be there to win the league

mansfield - mansfield could get into play offs and get narrow win against portsmouth with nothing to play for

wycombe - a win could put them in the play offs so i think they should win

stake £20 returns £3.000

On 29/04/2017 at 7:50 AM, allyhibs said:

Good luck @Tiffy :ok

thanks @allyhibs

They were awful yesterday. When the club turn a game into an occasion, the team never live up to it.

Everything was there yesterday,  atmosphere, flags, crowd, noise, TV, Wardy & Zamora, Goldstone Memories, and the team just couldn't rise to it. They were trying too hard in my opinion.. Lots of possession, but no shots on goal. Crossing was awful, everything in the final 3rd just no good. Fair play to Brizzle, they buried the only chance of the game and defended like lions. They earnt a standing ovation from the home fans at the end.

Perhaps too much pressure was put on them.

On the plus side,  from a punting point of view, Newcastle will have to win at home next Saturday, and it will be an all out attacking game in the hope that Brighton slip at Villa. It will be worth backing them on the corner markets I think.