US Open 2022

Have an over 32,5 games on ruud berretini, should be close , both had ups and downs and have games that should win them plenty of games on either side. 2ND one is over 3,5 sets on alcaraz sinner, not much to explaine here, even in wimbledon carlos took a set off sinner and he's definetly better on hard than on grass for now.

16 minutes ago, raduvlad1995 said:

If the tiafoe from the nadal match shows up, he wins it. But I ve seen enough times that after a big win comes a big fall for many players, and this is like tiafoe's only true big win

Could not agree more.As an american im def rooting for Frances to end our streak of not winning majors but after a win like that its going to be super tough to rise to that level.Rublev seems to just be doing his thing and no body is talking about him.A russian(ish)won wimbledon,wouldnt it be weird if one did it at flushing?

32 minutes ago, matrixman said:

Could not agree more.As an american im def rooting for Frances to end our streak of not winning majors but after a win like that its going to be super tough to rise to that level.Rublev seems to just be doing his thing and no body is talking about him.A russian(ish)won wimbledon,wouldnt it be weird if one did it at flushing?

it would kind of be weird, but I realy don t give rublev any chance of winning this. I like him alot but his game is way too linear and uniamginative.

2 minutes ago, CzechPunter said:

It would certainly be better for the sport overall to see Tiafoe beat Rublev, and then hopefully we'll see Tiafoe Alcaraz for something interesting. Tiafoe will have to recover mentally, though, and we've seen many players beat Nadal and then lose against someone much weaker right after.

Well, Coric won Cinncinatti after win against Nadal :)

15 minutes ago, carina007 said:

What do you think about Berrettini - Ruud? I have feeling that Italian can win this with his serve. 

Interesting part is that Berrettini won in US Open 2020 and then odd was 1.15

2 years after, we have around 1.8-2.00

From that point of view, value is on Italian.

I see ruud as the favorite from their curent levels, but I went with an over on games as I expect it to be a  close match.

100% Ruud will beat Berrettini. For me Ruud already had a very very tough match against Tommy Paul. First 3 sets all decided by tie-breakers, and 4th set was 7-5. He actually had an easy game against Moutet (6-1,6-2,6-7 as he relaxed ,and then 6-2 when he focused again) is pretty comfortable. A well conditioned pro with a day's break gonna feel as fresh as a daisy.

I don't think Berretini is playing that well. He lost badly first match at Canadian open, and also lost 1st round of Cincinnati.  Last 3 matches at US open have been 4 4 and 5 sets, and I think he may run out of gas . Probably 1st set is crucial and if it is Ruud that wins it, I will lump it on (would imagine Ruud would be around 1.45 to win which is fine). I'm keeping 12 units for Ruud. Will bet 4 initially and then have another 8 to fire when he wins the 1st set.

For Berrittini, his serve is getting him out of trouble all the time. He may go to the well, once too often... because his groundstrokes are bog average (at this level). His backhand is weak, and Ruud will/should go to work on it and break it. In a best of 3 set match a really good server can be streaky good for periods, but can't last 5 sets (probably not even 3). Eventually Ruud will prey on his weak backhand.

I think Tomljanovic is also going to win against Jabeur. Jabeur is a sneaky, crafty player, but there is no overwhelming power. Tomljanovic actually has some power, and kind of looks like a better, fitter stronger version of Andrea Petkovic.  Se had a bad shoulder injury, but looks right on top of her game. Comes off two great wins (against Serena with the crowd against her) and Samsonova, who she put to bed in the second set (6-1).

Jabeur really has not played anyone dangerous. Had a very easy draw against 4 average to decent opponents. No world beaters there. Tomljanovic for the victory here. Not a huge bet. Maybe 3 units for the straight win.

I'm gonna go two separate bets here, but will combine Ruud with Kyrigos to win tomorrow (early), and Tomljanovic onto Tiafoe (also tomorrow, late).  So, 2 single bets here, and another 2 bets (Ruud, Kyrigos) and (Tomljanovic & Tiafoe)  with smaller stakes,

My 3rd bet that I do like is Gauff to beat Garcia. I think Gauff is fantastic.  SHe has the mentality of a winner! She can really play, and I think her forehand has improved dramatically. Her backhand is gold! She moves incredibly well, and is a great athlete. I think  Garcia could crumble under the pressure here, especially when the US crowd starts with a raucous 'LET'S GO, COCO" chant which you know is coming. It is also gonna rain most of the day, so the roof will be closed, and the atmosphere should be a cauldron, which will not help Garcia at all. 

Not going crazy as it will be in the middle of the night, so just 2 units for me n the Gauff win. 

Edited by neilovan

4 hours ago, raduvlad1995 said:

If the tiafoe from the nadal match shows up, he wins it. But I ve seen enough times that after a big win comes a big fall for many players, and this is like tiafoe's only true big win

The Tiafoe from last match should show up which is only his usual self but in that last match the Nadal from all his great achievements didn't show up and that happens from time to time and I was expecting Nadal to go out in this edtion of USO sooner or later and it came sooner. So no big surprises there but I would be surprised if Tiafoe gets an equally turned off opponent again this time. Because Nadal has been turned off in winning mood since he won RG this summer. Don't think Wimby helped him much either to achieve something big yet again this season and I don't expect much from Nadal for the rest of this season. It did defenitely help Tiafoe to get the win in round 4 when facing a Nadal who wasn't really up for the task. Ever since this tournament started Nadal has been playing bad period.

3 hours ago, four-leaf said:

The Tiafoe from last match should show up which is only his usual self but in that last match the Nadal from all his great achievements didn't show up and that happens from time to time and I was expecting Nadal to go out in this edtion of USO sooner or later and it came sooner. So no big surprises there but I would be surprised if Tiafoe gets an equally turned off opponent again this time. Because Nadal has been turned off in winning mood since he won RG this summer. Don't think Wimby helped him much either to achieve something big yet again this season and I don't expect much from Nadal for the rest of this season. It did defenitely help Tiafoe to get the win in round 4 when facing a Nadal who wasn't really up for the task. Ever since this tournament started Nadal has been playing bad period.

wouldn t say that was the usual tiafoe, every shot he struck was powerfulland  precise, if he played like that all of the time he would have been way higher ranked.

I feel like i'm crazy for wanting to back Khachanov.. I think the odds are ridiculous, and I'm worried about losing a big bet.

Both guys are playing really well. I'd say Kyrgios performed great, but atleast for sure that is not top form Medvedev out there.  I can say that with certainty. I imagine Khachanov will give him a tougher match without much doubt in that theory.. Something seemed to be wrong with Daniil. Either the movement.. power of shots. I can't explain the problem but the guy is definitely not healthy. I don't think Khachanov is having injury problems right now at all, and commented at the press.. He's feeling the rest during Wimbledon really helped him alot, and had some nice tune up matches on hardcourt already.  I can't explain Kyrgios rolling right through Wolf other than that .. one player has no problem holding serve, and Wolf could have crumbled under the pressure.. Anyways .. I haven't decided yet if I'll be betting this.. We'll see!

Edited by money44

1 hour ago, raduvlad1995 said:

wouldn t say that was the usual tiafoe, every shot he struck was powerfulland  precise, if he played like that all of the time he would have been way higher ranked.

I disagree, he would not be way higher ranked and Tiafoe always comes down to earth again the match after a big win. You can't judge a player from one performance over a whole career.

Andrey Rublev -110 to beat Frances Tiafoe with William Hill - 1.67 unit

I was plesantly surprised to see this match was scheduled for the day time or late afternoon.. I had some concerns about the crowd influence during a night match with this one. I am certain Tiafoe will get plenty of support, but this is Rublev's first attempt at a semi-final of a grandslam.. I believe he will give absolutely everything in the match, and is the more technical player as well. I will also tend to believe if this comes down to a chess match or battle of cardio conditions.. I think Rublev wins both of these scenarios. I like the way he is playing, and has overcome some very tough competition already.. Especially Shapovalov in my opinion who was hitting the ball outrageously hard.  Tiafoe has done very well, but I do believe the last win over Nadal was more a result of Nadal just playing well.. He was serving poor, making errors, and pushing the ball as he sometimes does. Tiafoe is a great talent, but I am seeing a bit of different in class.. I'll take my chances at these close odds.. As I'm giving Rublev a 62% win chance.

not Rublev's first attempt at a semi-final but trying to reach the semi's for the first time in his career is what I meant, and I believe he has the quality to do so. 

Edited by money44

8 hours ago, money44 said:

I feel like i'm crazy for wanting to back Khachanov.. I think the odds are ridiculous, and I'm worried about losing a big bet.

Both guys are playing really well. I'd say Kyrgios performed great, but atleast for sure that is not top form Medvedev out there.  I can say that with certainty. I imagine Khachanov will give him a tougher match without much doubt in that theory.. Something seemed to be wrong with Daniil. Either the movement.. power of shots. I can't explain the problem but the guy is definitely not healthy. I don't think Khachanov is having injury problems right now at all, and commented at the press.. He's feeling the rest during Wimbledon really helped him alot, and had some nice tune up matches on hardcourt already.  I can't explain Kyrgios rolling right through Wolf other than that .. one player has no problem holding serve, and Wolf could have crumbled under the pressure.. Anyways .. I haven't decided yet if I'll be betting this.. We'll see!

Rainz , you and me buddy out here against the whole dang world on this one.. Can't believe he came through. 

16 hours ago, CzechPunter said:

It would certainly be better for the sport overall to see Tiafoe beat Rublev, and then hopefully we'll see Tiafoe Alcaraz for something interesting. Tiafoe will have to recover mentally, though, and we've seen many players beat Nadal and then lose against someone much weaker right after.

I do not think is Rublev is weaker than Nadal.. And, I also think Nadal and Medvedev can be placed in the same category of elite player deep into this tournament that have nothing to offer this time due to injuries and fatigue, and are eliminated fairly easily. I also disagree that Tiafoe winning would be better for the sport.. I understand that he is a showman, exciting player, and nice guy.. I am a bigger fan of the personality of Rublev, and also his tennis as well.  Maybe you're right about what's good for the sport.. I won't argue with that one, but if you saw Nadal last match.. Then you saw a player tired of tennis, and not in form either.. Serving lots of balls into the net, and not defending the court well enough. 

20 hours ago, 888888 said:

i'll be taking Gauff to beat Garcia.

Gauff the young American talent should get tons of support from the public, Garcia is on a 12w streak which has to end some time or an other and i feel Gauff is the one to do it.

damn awful , pathetic gauff got smashed

11 hours ago, four-leaf said:

I disagree, he would not be way higher ranked and Tiafoe always comes down to earth again the match after a big win. You can't judge a player from one performance over a whole career.

I mean yeah thats exactly what I ve said, if he'd play at the level he did against nadal he's be way higher ranked, but he doesn t play at that level all of the time.

16 hours ago, raduvlad1995 said:

I've seen Tiafoe a lot and he wasn't playing more powerful and precise than usual. Nadal just wasn't up for the task.

Edited by four-leaf

Frankly, the US open is a bizarre tournament. Ridic greed (from the USTA) with night sessions , where people are paying a fortune for a couple of matches. The joke is these matches going on till 3am local time. Seriously, it is laughable. Does this nonsense occur in any other professional sport? Is there no player power to call BX on what it is?

And it makes the next match for the winner a lottery. Finish at 3am, have a shower and cool down, media duties, then home (still hyped up, mind racing), eat something and sleep from 5am  to 1pm. Wake  up at 2pm the same day, is hardly prep for 1 of the 4 biggest tournaments in the world.  Players should just down tools...

Two woman's matches. I am amazed by Garcia. She was nowhere 9 months ago. Just playing badly, no confidence, game in tatters. Now she looks very good. What the hell happened with her? For me, both woman's semi-s are a total lottery. Anything could happen,  and I'll just stay away totally. 

1 hour ago, CzechPunter said:

Alcaraz living very dangerously there and he must be starting to get tired, right? Still, he seems to have more resilience than Tiafoe, so I think he deserves to be the favorite he is according to the bookies.

Both matches that he won in 5, he was a break down in the final set and came back to win. I don't think getting to sleep at 5am helps a professional athlete in any form, and it has to have an effect. Also, it will probably be one of the few times that the crowd is not 100% behind him. I do remember him collapsing to Hugo Gaston at a tournament in France, where the crowd freaked him out.

Hi all,

Just thought I'd share todays picks for free here.

Garcia vs Jabeur - 2pts on Garcia to win at 1.73 (betfair exchange net of commission)

Do favour Garcia here. Think Jabeur is playing great at times but the mental consistency and quality serving Garcia is bringing is the type of relentless energy that could throw Jabeur off her game.

Garcia taking returns on so early and will fire them at Jabeurs feet which will be difficult to do anything with. Garcias super aggressive game style also makes it difficult for Jabeur to be creative with her game as she'll have no time on her shots in comparision to other opponents.

Been backing Garcia all tournament and think she's the best player in the tournament by a distance on form. Would take a very impressive performance from Jabeur to win this if Garcia keeps her level.

Khachanov vs Ruud - 2pts on Khachanov to win at 2.73 (pinnacle) . 1pt on Over 39.5 games at 1.9 (bet365)

Extra recovery day should really help Khachanov here. Underestimated him vs Kyrgios but looked so sharp.

Has ability to win a lot of points in cross court backhand exchanges and is serving / returning just as well. 

Khachanov does trend longer matches and with Ruud having a strong mental game and a good serve I see this going 4 at least. 

Really don't get the price at all. Berrettini was so poor vs Ruud and maybe that's contributed to this price. Would have this as a 50/50 because Khachanov is the favourite in my mind if his body holds up.