US Open 2022

• 2 weeks later...

Have to say as much as I despise Kyrgios personally hes going to be ranked here with his last few weeks of performance.So hes going to be very dangerous .Hes no longer a floater..IMHO he should be second favorite to Medvedev.Key is the weather in NY and his fitness.The schedule makers now will probably give him later matches with the absence of Joker and maybe Nadal and just the fact he is a ratings darling whether you like him or not,so this will play to his favor.

I see  him At 8 or 9-1 in most markets.Still

think that is value.

• 2 weeks later...

Tseng over Popyrin at 1.83 with UnibetTseng has been on the up recently, while Popyrin seems to be going in the opposite direction, only beating Diez and Wu recently, the latter after a retirement. He's still the bigger name, but names don't win matches.

Parrizas-Diaz over Galfi at 1.62 with William HillStill looks like a class difference to me, and Parrizas-Diaz also has the form book on her side. Galfi's last two losses are against Papamichail and Errani, who aren't WTA level.

Zidansek over Mandlik at 3.06 with Pinnacle - Mandlik is inexperienced at GS level, so I'd much rather play Zidansek here at 3.00+, which seems ridiculous to me. Zidansek is a decent competitor with experience at GS level, so willing to give it a shot, but only above 2.80+

Kenin over Niemier at 1.91 with William HillNiemier has really gone off the boil since Wimbledon, while Kenin has bounced back with some nice wins. She also loves the US Open, and I'd have her as a 1.6 favorite or so.

Gone with some hail Mary bets on the teenage starlet Sara Bejlek

A fascinating contender in this year's US Open is the 16 year old Czech player Sara Bejlek.

Won her 3 games in the qualifiers against some decent wily Vixens and wasn't expected to win two of those games being the outsider with the bookies.

So I'm going for lightning to strike twice in the US Women's Open after Raducanu winning the title last year.

Admittedly Bejlek has been given a stern first round test against in form Samsonova though I am going all in Bejlek with her to beat Samsonova at 5.50 with Bet365

To win her quarter at 151.00 with Bet365

And for her to win the whole flipping thing lol at 501.00 again with Bet365

any one taking Van Rijthoven to beat Zhang Zhizhen at 2.40 ??

Zhang is on a good run but beating very average players, not much experience on ATP level playing nearly only challengers, and historically Chinese male players don't have particular success in ATP main tour. 

Van Rijthoven won his 3 first matches in Wimbledon losing 3-1 to Djoko in 4th round and had a very good run a couple of moths ago.

Basically all in all I don't understand why odds are not more 50/50 or Van Rijthoven being favorite because of more experience being on the big stage and of playing 5 set matches.

3 hours ago, 888888 said:

any one taking Van Rijthoven to beat Zhang Zhizhen at 2.40 ??

Zhang is on a good run but beating very average players, not much experience on ATP level playing nearly only challengers, and historically Chinese male players don't have particular success in ATP main tour. 

Van Rijthoven won his 3 first matches in Wimbledon losing 3-1 to Djoko in 4th round and had a very good run a couple of moths ago.

Basically all in all I don't understand why odds are not more 50/50 or Van Rijthoven being favorite because of more experience being on the big stage and of playing 5 set matches.

If you see a price the bookies have set that doesn't seem to match with reality you better look closer and see what ever you can find out about a strange price like this dutchman. Often the bookies knows something when they put something like this out.

I like Bonzi to beat Humbert at 4/6 typically. I don't really rate Humbert, he's a decent Challenger level player but has been very underwhelming at ATP level, whilst Bonzi has been playing solidly on the ATP tour and ran Van de Zanschulp very close in Cincinnati a few days ago. Also has an extra day's rest over Humbert.

Edited by amity

Three more first round bets that I have found of interest and other than following my fellow wise Tennis tipsters on here that will do me fine for the tournament.

US Open Men's

Filip Krajinovic 4.00 Bet365

Plays opponent De Minaur. I feel the odds are slightly too big here for Filip as the last time these guys played each other on the same surface De Minaur won 2-1 yet Krajinovic didn't get trounced, in fact he won his set 6-0 against De Minaur. As always lets see how it plays out.

US Open Women's

Laura Siegemund 3.20 Bet365

Plays opponent Cirstea. Again, slightly surprised at the price here given that Siegemund beat Cirstea 2-1 when last playing on this surface.

Magdalena Frech 2.20 Bet365

Plays opponent Marino. Marino has admittedly been in decent form lately though here she plays Frech who is preferably a lot fresher and holds two wins over Marino on this surface. They have been close contests both times so expect a delightful battle of tennis tactics and wits in this fascinating matchup.

4 picks for the US Open matches today and tomorrow:

FRITZ-2.5 SETS HANDICAP OVER HOLT @ 1.54 pinnacle
NORRIE-2.5 SETS HANDICAP OVER PAIRE @ 1.4 pinnacle
Two players very much on form that can go to the SF-QF stages of the tournament. Expect to be easy 3-0 wins for both favorites.

KASATKINA -1.5 SETS HANDICAP OVER DART @ 1.51 pinnacle
ROGERS-1.5 SETS HANDICAP OVER RUS @ 1.57 pinnacle
Kasatkina with 2 WTA tournament trophies this month, and she is a clear favorite.
Rogers is always good on US hard courts and she has been in a good form this summer also.

32 minutes ago, four-leaf said:

Cachin figures mainly on clay and lacks the experience that Bedene has from his years as an eatablished ATP player and hard is not Cachins best surface as it is clay he plays on.

Aljaz Bedene to beat Pedro Cachin at 2.20 with Betsafe

I agree with the above so long as he can get it done in three sets, however Bedene's fitness is a concern, and he will likely fade as the match goes on, If Cachin keeps it close in the first two sets, Bedene could start to tire and I'd worry about his ability to close it out. Cachin has very little hc experience though, and Bedene, whilst not really in any kind of form, is still the much more experienced player, but it is his last GS and he'll want to make it a memorable one, first set is vital, he wins that and he's in a good place to go on and win. But if Cachin gets that first set, I reckon he takes the match.

Completely agree @CzechPunter

My yacht pre order has had to be cancelled as well as the Bejlek dream fell at the first hurdle.

Visions of me sailing into the bays of Monaco on the 'Bejlek Flyer' were quickly dashed by the in form Samsonova lol.

Krajinovic beaten comfortably by De Minaur and Marino easily despatched Frech.

So just the one dart left today with Siegemund to hopefully not let it be a complete wipe out.

22 minutes ago, four-leaf said:

However I'll be going for the following.

Nadal -9.5 games over Rinky Hijikata at 1.86

Borna Coric -7.5 games v Enzo who? at 2.00

Ashlyn Krueger +6.5 games at 1.60

Acca at 5.95 all with Unibet

I would be careful with the Coric bet. Enzo could keep it closer than that. 

https://twitter.com/damiankust/status/1563326734866399232?s=20&t=XUjK1OJAcyEWDVMArLnurA